• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: No plans to release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5/2.5 ReMIX on PlayStation 4

Possibly XBox One exclusive?

J4sW6hs.gif

On a serious note I was hoping for a PS4 port so I can finally try this series out.

While I'm sure it will happen, there's really no rush for it. We just had them on PS3. I'd much rather they used resources in making HD remasters of other titles that haven't been touched yet.

No Kingdom Hearts game is available digitally, the assumption was always a rights issue and unforeseen royalty payments...so how can the PS4 get a port of those games when its mandatory that every PS4 game has a digital edition on the store?
It's the one questions that's ways ignored.

Aequitas

No Kingdom Hearts game is available digitally, the assumption was always a rights issue and unforeseen royalty payments...so how can the PS4 get a port of those games when its mandatory that every PS4 game has a digital edition on the store?

But then how will KH III be released?
Also on another note, the no digital thing for the KH really sucks since I want to play BBS on my vita :/

Son Of D

Also on another note, the no digital thing for the KH really sucks since I want to play BBS on my vita :/
I'm guessing they made a deal regarding the new song Utada will write for KH3 that allows for a digital release.

orochi91

It's the one questions that's always ignored.

Oh dear...

I pray to god there's some loophole in that rule or that Sony shows some damn leniency.

This is Kingdom Hearts, now is not the time to be acting fucky, Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stryke

exceptions have been made like Skylanders and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

kH3 will have new rights usage we'd hope. You can't say you weren't prepared for digital distribution rights when you launch a new game on a console that relies heavily on it.

Tarzan in KH1 must be a nightmare on his own, the GT guys said they were told they weren't allowed to show footage of him in their 1.5 review. Insane.

Oh dear...

I pray to god there's some loophole in that rule or that Sony shows some damn leniency.

This is Kingdom Hearts, now is not the time to be acting fucky, Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect it has more to do with Disney than Sony. Disney does NOT fuck around when it comes to their IPs.

LAA

Was a little surprised to hear this actually. I guess this means either one or multiple of these things...

1. Absolute focus on KH3 and not wanting to delay it in any way.

2. Unchained Key is the focus for this year, possible collection next year?

3. Perhaps it may all be down to copyright issues. A lot, (if not all...?) the KHs aren't available digitally anywhere. Can't remember what the issue is with these games for copyright digitally, but I remember BBS not being on PSN because of this and KH1.5/2.5 weren't on PSN either. Will be interesting for KH3, as I thought it was now a requirement for retail games to be made available digitally, so maybe they'll have to solve the copyright issues now?

Or the most unlikely, they don't want KH on PS4, which doesnt make sense as of course it means more money, especially on X1 as it hasnt had a KH yet.

If not a collection, best I can see happening is KH3D HD. That was teased to be happening, and been no mention of that yet, and that should have been the easiest, seeing it's now just one game to remaster compared to the usual 2 and to make a movie for the 3rd, which made me think they are making a collection with 3D HD included, but if thats not the case, maybe unchained key has took the priority focus away from 3D HD?

I refuse to believe that they are not bringing the previous KH games to PS4 in some form. It just doesn't make sense for them not to when they're trying to build a userbase on the platform before the release of any major titles, and when they want to get everyone caught up with the story before the release of KH3.

Famassu

I'm guessing they made a deal regarding the new song Utada will write for KH3 that allows for a digital release.
I'm fairly certain that Utada being the reason for no digital release was debunked in the past. I mean, if she was the problem, wouldn't they have done something to it by now? At the very least abandon Utada's song from Dream Drop Distance so that it could have been released digitally or write new contracts that allow for a digital release.

Someone should really push SQEX to get some answers.

stryke

I'm fairly certain that Utada being the reason for no digital release was debunked in the past. I mean, if she was the problem, wouldn't they have done something to it by now? At the very least abandon Utada's song from Dream Drop Distance so that it could have been released digitally or write new contracts that allow for a digital release.

Someone should really push SQEX to get some answers.

Yeah, Nomura denied it had anything to do with Utada or Disney

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/2...ingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleeps-absence-on-psn/

Hard to think of another reason though.

DedValve

Banned
This is one of my favorite franchises and I have no idea of who that is

iirc I *think* thats
Axel

A google search could resolve this but I learned to just stop google searching anything involving the KH story and just go with whatever the game throws at me, regardless of how little I understand.

EDIT: And if I'm right I only remember that name because one of my dogs was named that.

Gbraga

iirc I *think* thats
Axel

A google search could resolve this but I learned to just stop google searching anything involving the KH story and just go with whatever the game throws at me, regardless of how little I understand.

EDIT: And if I'm right I only remember that name because one of my dogs was named that.

What's the difference between Sora and Roxas

oh

silva1991

Indeed, I bet most people don't know what happened to
~~~~Lea~~~~
:p

EDIT : added spoiler tag just in case.

I had to google that to find out.

I mean I played the game and remember seeing him, it's just hard to remember the name of a character that didn't appeared in the main 2 games.

he barely appeared in DDD iirc and I doubt we'll ever see him again.

DNAbro

I mean I played the game and remember seeing him, it's just hard to remember the name of a character that didn't appeared in the main 2 games.

well about him appearing in KH3
Lea just got a keyblade. No way he won't play some type of role in KH3

He'll be back, since he (DDD spoilers)
just got a Keyblade of his own, and the conflict between him and Isa was heightened during the climax of DDD when it was revealed Isa is one of the Thirteen Darknesses.

silva1991

well about him appearing in KH3
Lea just got a keyblade. No way he won't play some type of role in KH3

I thought
Axel got the keyblade not Lea?

granted I always have been confused about the plot so I don't know if heartless, nobody and the real version are different entities or not :p

DNAbro

I thought

granted I always have been confused about the plot so I don't know if heartless, nobody and the real version are different entities or not :p

Well
Axel the nobody is gone. He is now back to normal person, as Lea.

I have 1.5 but didn't buy 2.5 because I was waiting for a price drop. Then I saw what happened with FFX/X-2 and said "yeah, I'll wait."

Still waiting, but likely not for too much longer.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought

Axel is gone. He died in KH2, and his Heartless died at some point.
That's Lea, his human form. It was lazy of them to not change his outfit, I'll admit that.

stryke

Axel is gone. He died in KH2, and his Heartless died at some point.
That's Lea, his human form. It was lazy of them to not change his outfit, I'll admit that.

My god that black coat has been used to death. Get over it Nomura, it was cool for about a minute 10 years ago.

What proof is there that a digital version is mandatory? That doesn't sound right.

Top Bottom