• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy (PS4, Vita) Screenshots

raven777

Mk3POra.jpg'

hy4yaQy.jpg

6Elwo14.jpg

IY82Afz.jpg

K9w6Uxz.jpg

B5cEFX2.jpg

CO88FTc.jpg

more at the link

http://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030591/20150918049/

Ploid 3.0

I like it, the green tree pic reminds me of FFX.

Oh no, Mandragoras, now I'm missing FFXI again. They look good here. :(

Evilmaus

Huh... this actually looks pretty damn appealing. If the towns and environments are fleshed-out enough then I'll definitely be on board.

Is this going to be a $10 game?

It's a full scale retail game

3) This ain’t no free-to-play mobile game—we already know World of Final Fantasy is coming to PS4 and Vita, but Chiba says it’ll be a full-scale $60 game that takes advantage of both systems’ technical specs to get lots of monsters appearing on screen at once.

4) There’s an actual story. It involves two twins entering a world called Grimoire where all the Final Fantasy characters and monsters live. And Chiba says the plot won’t just be some rudimentary wrapper they slapped on to get you playing. “I personally worked on [Final Fantasys] VI, VII, and VIII so I’m trying to aim for that volume of a story that was in those titles,” Chiba said.

5) It’ll have all sorts of characters and settings from other FF games. The trailer, for example, shows Cloud (FFVII) and Cornelia Castle from the original Final Fantasy. Chiba says you’ll be able to interact with a ton of characters, and that many of them will have their own sidequests and plots to follow as you go through the game.

8) Chiba tends to work on dark, gritty, mature games. This is not that. In fact, he was given explicit orders from up above to do something lighter with World of Final Fantasy. “I actually had a direct order from [FF brand manager Shinji] Hashimoto in regards to how to approach this title,” Chiba said. “While my games are dark, I’m trying to make this more into a lighthearted, fun type of game. But at the same time, Final Fantasy games are known for their very heavy stories, so I’m trying to keep that in there to keep that Final Fantasy feel in the game.”

http://kotaku.com/eight-things-you-should-know-about-world-of-final-fanta-1712436225

shmoglish

I am not a big fan of the chibilook, but this looks good to me. Hope this turns out well (and crossbuy would be great).

Squire

Banned
I want this more than XV. Chiba really has the right ideas. I hope this is good and turns him into another name to get excited about.

This game is a timed exclusive right? I remember it been play first on ps4/vita. If so I'll wait for the inevitable mobile/PC ports 6 months after the Sony release

Top Bottom