• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So with the mod kill in mind:

Yikes, the gauntlet is thrown.

What now?

Do we consider No Lynch or press ahead?
There is no reason for a no Lynch after a mod kill, think if ando being dead as the night 0 that was supposed to happen.

Why would you even suggest that?!?

Sophia

Nah, I lost my cool. It's pretty agitating to get a lot of votes when you aren't a scum. >:T

But you got those votes from your anti-town behavior...

Style, I know you. Better than anyone else in this game by a long shot. And I know you're not the aggressive type. If you lose your cool over something as simple as a "What do you think?" question, then what good are you to the town? How do we know you're not going to lead us in circles at a key moment? I stand by what I said to Flux earlier about looking at it from the angle of who is most useful to town, and right now I don't think you're all that particularly useful out of the people who are posting. And seeing as Andodalf just got modkilled...

VOTE: Style

You and a few others apparently want him evicted for idiotic reasons, just like Aldo.

Can we please get more of an explanation than "idiotic reasons" for the love of all that is holy in this world?

Style

Banned
But you got those votes from your anti-town behavior...

Style, I know you. Better than anyone else in this game by a long shot. And I know you're not the aggressive type. If you lose your cool over something as simple as a "What do you think?" question, then what good are you to the town? How do we know you're not going to lead us in circles at a key moment? I stand by what I said to Flux earlier about looking at it from the angle of who is most useful to town, and right now I don't think you're all that particularly useful out of the people who are posting. And seeing as Andodalf just got modkilled...

VOTE: Style

Can we please get more of an explanation than "idiotic reasons" for the love of all that is holy in this world?

Well you clearly don't know me well enough if you think I'm scum.

Darryl

Banned
No. We have no evidence other than intuition and PR. If you want me to explain my intuition to you, LOL. We can play that all day, and with scum outnumbering town it will be trivialized (as it is now). If you want me to explain a PR to you, maybe we should take a closer look at you.

Look back on Aldo posts and who chased his death, it looks very much like scum finding a scapegoat to take the subject off Flux. That's enough for me.

Timeaisis

Well, damn.

Alright, Darryl. I get the reason you think Flux is scum. Why Ultron, though? Just rubs you the wrong way or what? He hasn't posted too much and what he's said made some sense to me.

batsnacks

Just saying, wolves almost certainly voted Ando at some point. This is probably a good list to keep an eye on/re-read if anyone is less lazy than me:
  • quantumbro
  • fluxwavez
  • septimus prime
  • ultron87
  • lollipop dave
Darryl's reads are pretty compelling with this in mind.

Ok, so on the table right now is:

Darryl (For being hyper aggressive and not explaining)
Flux (for retaliating against Darryl and being oddly active for a newbie)
Style (For barely contributing/parroting and being defensive despite being a newbie)

Anod got modkilled, flipped town. Who was going after him?

Style (For barely contributing/parroting and being defensive despite being a newbie)

I don't really think Darryl is on the table. We've had two or three posters muse about voting Darryl out, but only under the condition that we do so if Flux flips town if/when we vote Flux out. Which is bad reasoning anyway.

Darryl

Banned
Why did you think that things were such a slam dunk for who to lynch next based on how Flux flipped?

Well, damn.

Alright, Darryl. I get the reason you think Flux is scum. Why Ultron, though? Just rubs you the wrong way or what? He hasn't posted too much and what he's said made some sense to me.

Ultron is a smart guy, in my experience, and his inability to deduce Aldo's motivations as seen in the above comment strike me as reaching to maintain an appearance of activity. Aldo should not have been such a distraction for any one actually trying to root out scum, instead it is borderline bullying new players to take heat and occupy the conversation.

Style

Banned

Et tu, Starsketch?

I honestly thought you were in cahoots since he was following your lead from the get go. But I don't know, he seems to just be a confused newcomer like me now. He threw his votes on whoever was infamous.

I thought they might be in cahoots, until Flux voted for Ando and began pushing for an Ando vote. Did not really not change your mind?

Style

Banned
I thought they might be in cahoots, until Flux voted for Ando and began pushing for an Ando vote. Did not really not change your mind?

I didn't really pay attention to the pushing for getting Ando lynched. Why do you think I'm parroting? I barely pay attention. :>

I didn't really pay attention to the pushing for getting Ando lynched. Why do you think I'm parroting? I barely pay attention. :>

What the...

You gotta pay attention to this sort of stuff lol. That's how town wins games.

And I don't think I said you were parroting.

Ok umm... yeah. Sorry.

Vote: Style

Style

Banned
I'm just saying what was on the board. I'm honestly not going to go after you for that given how I had the exact same thing happen to me during Gafia. Newbie jitters suck.

What's even worse than the newbie jitter is people telling me I'm weird when I always act like this. I mean... thanks I guess?

cabot

Ultron is a smart guy, in my experience, and his inability to deduce Aldo's motivations as seen in the above comment strike me as reaching to maintain an appearance of activity. Aldo should not have been such a distraction for any one actually trying to root out scum, instead it is borderline bullying new players to take heat and occupy the conversation.

giphy.gif

ultron87

I wanted to hear him explain why this was a thing. I could easily figure out the likely possible reasons for it, but hearing the person themselves explain it is far more valuable. Conversation is the whole reason we have a long day phase instead of a Town of Salem style 30 second vote.

Yeah, I was wrong on Aldo. That's fine. No apologies. I explained my reasons and they were valid at the time.

Yes. Flux is absolutely scum. It's almost hilarious to watch him dance.

I've lightened up on RNH.

Leaning town:
Timeaisis
Batsnacks
CB
Aldo

Leaning neutral:
RNH
QB

Leaning scum:
Cabot
Xam

Scum:
Ultron
Flux

This list is adorable. Apparently everyone that dares to disagree with Darryl is scum and almost the entire scum team decided that Flux and the day 1 vote was the hill to die on.

Darryl

Banned
I really expect more out of you, Ultron. Calling my list "adorable", that's ridiculous belittling. "Anyone who disagrees with me is scum". Explain that. There are a lot of people who don't agree with me right now, it isn't just you and Flux. Now explain how what you just said was anything besides ad hominem.

Style

Banned
You know what's belittling? I was chewed out for not participating enough, and when I did you guys call me parrot. Said person who chewed me out off-site is even voting for me now. Now I'm even told I'm weird?

You're literally digging a grave for all the villagers right now. I can't tell if you're being stupid or playing for the scums interest.

Darryl

Banned
You know what's belittling? I was chewed out for not participating enough, and when I did you guys call me parrot. Said person who chewed me out off-site is even voting for me now. Now I'm even told I'm weird?

You're literally digging a grave for all the villagers right now. I can't tell if you're being stupid or playing for the scums interest.

Don't worry about it. You can't take anything too personally in this game. Just keep trying.

I said you were acting weird, not that you were weird.

And I'll leave it at that.

FluxWaveZ

My Current Reads List (for those who stand out to me right now)

Town

Sophia - Leaning slightly towards neutral; she hasn't really taken any hard stances or done much of note, but she's been logical this whole time and has provided to the discussion (#494). Seems to be operating with little knowledge, as members of the Town reasonably would, with an open-mind that will shift based on what happens.

Terrabyte20xx - This one's just a gut feeling. I think he has our interests in mind, and he's prodded people for replies several times (#578) and called out people when appropriate (#533 + #596)

Neutral

Darryl - Makes nonsense arguments (#195) and unsubstantiated aggression (#439) that some people seem to go with without questioning because that's apparently their modus operandi (#198). I'd normally associate this with being blatant scum tells, but I'm starting to think they might just be a lunatic. Either way, like I thought, they have too much sway with other people and that is highly dangerous when they don't actually know what they're doing. Guys, don't follow lunatics, come on. At least try to get better formulated arguments from them.

Style - Don't know what the hell is going on with this person. They're not making sense (#581), they constantly ignored what other people were saying to make it seem like they were a victim (#614), they've made an obvious contradiction to antagonize me (#584), and they just haven't provided much of value to the discussion despite being prodded repeatedly. Do they just not know what's happening, or what they're meant to do?

Werewolf

Timeaisis - Look back since the beginning of this thread. They have actually done nothing to advance the discussion, starting with "I don't have anything substantial to add to the discussion right this second" (#227) and that continuing after two real-time days (#596). Their only point of particular fascination this whole time is why no one died on N0 (#126 + #338 + #399). Agrees with ultron87—and I should add that they state that theirs was the "first decent argument I've heard all day"—and specifically states that they were going to vote for Andodalf, but didn't because they were afraid of bandwagoning. (#588) Andodalf is mod killed and proven to be town; immediately agrees with what Darryl is saying without actually posting their own analysis again (#660) while half-heartedly defending ultron.

batsnacks - Gut feeling. Not sure why, either, but there's something about the way they're posting that doesn't sit right with me.

ultron87

I really expect more out of you, Ultron. Calling my list "adorable", that's ridiculous belittling. "Anyone who disagrees with me is scum". Explain that. There are a lot of people who don't agree with me right now, it isn't just you and Flux. Now explain how what you just said was anything besides ad hominem.

Let's look at the scum-neutral ranks on your chart. They either disagree with you on Flux or have voted for you.

Votes for you:
darryl (0)
robotninjahornets 99 (247)
quantumbro 153 (230)
fluxwavez 197 (365)
xamtheking 268 (289)

RNH - Flux is responding naturally. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186375035&postcount=580

Cabot - Flux is town. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186357974&postcount=575 Combative with you in general.

Xam - Seems to support flux because he thinks he is a power role or something? (I think that comment was pretty suspicous, honestly, so I might agree with you there. And supporting me for no reason is odd. Shrug.) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186317102&postcount=507

QB - Not a ton here, because he hasn't posted much, so I'll concede on that. There was the start of the game vote, though.

Style

Banned
My Current Reads List (for those who stand out to me right now)

Style - Do they just not know what's happening, or what they're meant to do?

This is seriously it, I don't know how to play the game, damn it. I've said multiple times I'm a newbie. Don't ruin it for the rest of the villagers because I play lousy.

FluxWaveZ

This is seriously it, I don't know how to play the game, damn it. I've said multiple times I'm a newbie. Don't ruin it for the rest of the villagers because I play lousy.

For one, stop repeating that you're a newbie as if we should hand wave everything you do. I'm a newbie. Sophia's a newbie. Andodalf was a newbie. Repeating it like it's an ultimate excuse does the opposite of what you want it to.

Darryl

Banned
You can't just stretch my scum chart and called people I called neutral, scum. That's my chart, don't play around with it. Not to mention the huge flaw in your argument. There are people out there who disagree with me who are not on the list at all.

Maybe I'm onto something here? I think getting rid of Flux will give us the most information, as everyone has put out an opinion on him. Maybe after another night, I'll have yet another target for us to chase.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe I'm onto something here? I think getting rid of Flux will give us the most information, as everyone has put out an opinion on him. Maybe after another night, I'll have yet another target for us to chase.

Yeah, information like getting rid of you asap?

getting rid of Flux will give us the most information, as everyone has put out an opinion on him.

I disagree.

Lets say Flux flips town, how do we differentiate between:

A) People who thought he was legitimate scum
B) Mafia members pretending to think he was legitimate scum in order to bandwagon a villager

C) People who thought he was legitimate town
D) Mafia members who knew he was town

If he flips scum how do we differentiate between:

A) People who thought he was legitimate scum
B) Mafia members "thinking" he was scum as to avoid suspicions if Flux flipped scum

C) People who thought he was legitimate town
D) Mafia members "thinking" he was town as a means to protect a teammate.

If we're voting for Flux, we're doing it because we think he is scum. I don't think his death will provide a great deal of information.

Almost forgot.

UNVOTE: Style

Please do try to pay more attention to what people post though Styles. That's
Really how we win games, isn't it?

Style

Banned
I don't think Flux is scum, honestly. Feels like he's the only one who still questions my alignment despite me being an easy scape goat for the scums to lynch a villager.

Darryl

Banned
I don't think Flux is scum, honestly. Feels like he's the only one who still questions my alignment despite me being an easy scape goat for the scums to lynch a villager.

It looks to me like he is using you as a scape goat, just like Aldo.

El Topo

Don't think Flux is scum, I think if he were his teammates would've reigned him in, but his reaction to getting accused was definitely strong and reminded me a bit of my own in the Archer game, where I was neutral and reacted in a strong manner to getting accused. He's new to the game though if I'm not mistaken, so I'm not going to hold it against him (for now).

Sophia

Flux is coming off as pretty neutral to me. I don't want to vote for him and have him flip town, because then we'd be down a good player.

Style

Banned
I want to trust you Darryl, first because you were nice to me and secondly because of the puppy in your avatar... But you really seem to want Flux. Mind clearing up again why you're so set to get him?

Darryl

Banned
Don't think Flux is scum, I think if he were his teammates would've reigned him in, but his reaction to getting accused was definitely strong and reminded me a bit of my own in the Archer game, where I was neutral and reacted in a strong manner to getting accused. He's new to the game though if I'm not mistaken, so I'm not going to hold it against him (for now).

No way. It would have been a huge tell if his behavior changed.

Flux is coming off as pretty neutral to me. I don't want to vote for him and have him flip town, because then we'd be down a good player.

He isn't a good player. He pressured some new townie so far, he's proven so far to be absolutely useless. All his posts are defensive attempts to save his life.

Darryl

Banned
I want to trust you Darryl, first because you were nice to me and secondly because of the puppy in your avatar... But you really seem to want Flux. Mind clearing up again why you're so set to get him?

Look at all this friction! No one wants him dead. There's 3-4 mafia players watching this who just want a dead body, yet no one is committing.

No way. It would have been a huge tell if his behavior changed.

He isn't a good player. He pressured some new townie so far, he's proven so far to be absolutely useless. All his posts are defensive attempts to save his life.

I think you may be taking this a bit too far. That's really unfair to Flux regardless of his alignment.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Because the other guy got banned and I might forget to vote tomorrow. And my view has changed on Flux completely, the constant squabble between the two has made me so uncertain that I think it's worth voting on.

More to come?

Top Bottom