• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

smh2ems9bafu1j.png

Stream Monster Headquarters is the number one location to live vicariously through our favorite fighting gamers. Watch as they go 0-2 against actual good players, just like we do! We eSports now?

Here are some quick links:

header1qza111muoi.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too. If you would like to add your channel to this thread, send me a PM.

header2vglhe2rk1k.png

Often, some fighting games can seem intimidating to players new and old. Below are a bunch of resources that may be of aid to new players, or handy as references.

I'm watching the IGN combofiend and mike "i'm cute as fuck" ross vid and I liked the stage until I saw the silly shit going on. How come every stage in SF now has to be some silly ass thing with dancing bears or people being chased by mechs now?

How come we can't have something like these stages?

8z4YdL2.png

When you walk in those puddles in SFV, it should affect the character mobility.

Bfxfs7k.gif

MNAHlPG.gif

0njgcCM.gif

More stuff like the Karin stage in SFV, and less shit like...that Shadaloo stage. The Shadaloo stage was perfectly fine until I saw all the silly stupid shit. I'm not saying the stages can't have their easter eggs and funny hijinks, but FUCK, diversify it for the love of GOD. The London stage I hate as well. Got them fighting in Union Station with this lame ass band.

Someone needs to tell this to Ono: Street Fighter stages are ass now.

Grakl

I'm watching the IGN combofiend and mike "i'm cute as fuck" ross vid and I liked the stage until I saw the silly shit going on. How come every stage in SF now has to be some silly ass thing with dancing bears or people being chased by mechs now?

8z4YdL2.png

Bfxfs7k.gif

MNAHlPG.gif

0njgcCM.gif

More stuff like the Karin stage in SFV, and less shit like...that Shadaloo stage. The Shadaloo stage was perfectly fine until I saw all the silly stupid shit. I'm not saying the stages can't have their easter eggs and funny hijinks, but FUCK, diversify it for the love of GOD. The London stage I hate as well. Got them fighting in Union Station with this lame ass band.

I think you're right, I would like some more serious and simple stages, dunno if SFV really has any yet, can't think of one off the top of my head

But, stages shouldn't ever actually affect the characters in Street Fighter

onionfrog

I respect the msPaint reimagining of the OP.

You should change Smedwick's SloanRisette's stream link under community streams.

Line_HTX

I hope Karin's stage is not one of those Laggy Online Stages that people kept complaining about in all throughout SF4.

Who or what is GB?

For the longest time, I read Smedwick as Swedkicks. My eyes played tricks on me.

I hope Karin's stage is not one of those Laggy Online Stages that people kept complaining about in all throughout SF4.

Who or what is GB?

For the longest time, I read Smedwick as Swedkicks. My eyes played tricks on me.

Mr $30 italian meal himself, God's Beard

http://i.imgur.com/8z4YdL2.png

http://i.imgur.com/Bfxfs7k.gif

http://i.imgur.com/MNAHlPG.gif

http://i.imgur.com/0njgcCM.gif

Karin's stage also has some silly shenanigans going on in the background, but I otherwise agree with the notion of stages needing to go back to a more grounded style. Would've maybe benefited the overall quality of the level textures too if the devs didn't spend so much resources on (disproportionate) character models and animations, but it could also just be a matter of their environmental artists simply not being talented enough based off of IV, SFxT and V.

Shouta

yes they do. its called bracket reset that is held at meltdown London near kings cross station every Thursday. most of the setups are ultra but occasionally there will be a couple of people playing marvel and smash 4.

Oh cool. I might try and make it out then if I can.

They've been playing SFV builds with WinnerStaysOn in the UK right? Is that in London as well?

Line_HTX

Mandate Top 8 be digital download version, Training Stage only with all character themes playing.

BB and UNISuperTurbo should be Training Stage and Random select themes.

;P

GIT GUUD.

Line_HTX

where is this dog from

If you play Continuum Shift Extend, and go to Platinum's stage, which is a city port, I forget the name, go all the way to the right and you'll see that dog and the boy jumping on top of the roof of the doghouse.

EDIT: ShadowSoldier took care of it.

Also, BlazBlue has background elements that I love, while Street Fighter has background elements that I generally find to be lame. What makes them different?

Although I like the hype sheep in SFV.

jerry1594

EachMessyInd ochinesetiger.gif

Remember when someone said SFV won't have gimmick characters the other day?
I don't see what's so gimmicky about keepaway. Capcom just wants gief to not be able to get in and do chunks of damage when he manages to squeeze through, especially now that he has no green hand. Unless there's some anti zoning tool he has in the trailer i haven't seen since the reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom