• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
1458555947-2534-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Delirium when it attacks put a 3/3 ooze token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

Possible CoCo target I guess but the more I think about it, the less I like it. Odds are it's a 3/3 for 3 when you play it and by the time Delirium gets turned on, your opponent will have a bigger body on the board. If you can continuously attack with a 3/3 safely, you were probably going to win anyway.

OnPoint

I just wanna see that legendary frog already... where is it!

Still surprised I see people typing SoI instead of SOI
-- though people still write "cell" shading on the gaming side, so I shouldn't be I guess
. It might not seem important, but typically a lowercase letter in an abbreviation denotes a word of little importance (e.g. Scars of Mirrodin being SoM). In Shadows Over Innistrad, "Over" is an important word. Also, "Sol" is already used as a notation for lands that tap for two mana (Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Eldrazi Temple, etc), so it's disorienting to see "SoI". Mountains out of molehills I guess, sorry to Blood Moon a minor issue like this.

As an aside, Shadows "Over" Innistrad is an interesting name when the set seems to be pointing toward something being "under" the ocean. Could it be Emrakul is floating by in the sky while some other threat is lurking in the sea? I wonder if we'll get Emrakul AND something else.

MjFrancis

inexorablemass.jpg

Inexorable Mass
2G
Creature - Ooze
Delirium - Whenever Inexorable Mass attacks and there are at least four card types among cards in your graveyard, put a 3/3 green Ooze creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

I forgot that Innistrad had Oozes too. That one's pretty cool - it's a really good design to show off Delirium.

I wish it put a copy of itself on the battlefield, but at that point it'd probably have to be Mythic for Limited purposes.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
inexorablemass.jpg

Inexorable Mass
2G
Creature - Ooze
Delirium - Whenever Inexorable Mass attacks and there are at least four card types among cards in your graveyard, put a 3/3 green Ooze creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

I dub thee "Ooze of St. Gross."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
why are there so many three power creatures for three mana at rare and mythic :lol
3/3

Three insane Angels.

Three prongs on the Clues.

Three Eldrazi.

Half Life 3

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know what the point of brewing decks is when we already know Gitrog Toad decks will be Tier 0.

Yeef

It looks like today's story will be about the toad. I'm gonna guess it ends up being the Simic gold card.

Episode 04: Sacrifice

Miles from Stensia, in the Nephalian highlands, something crawls to the surface of dark Lake Zhava.

WanderingWind

Eldrich Moon better save us from this dearth of zombies. I got nothing to add to my "totally 4-0'd an FNM modern tournament so it's basically Tier 1 just below Eldrazi" UB zombies.

kirblar

Apparently SCGPhilly was a shitshow since a girls gymnastics meet requested that the center treat males like they're pedophiles and cordoned off the SCG event from everything else with zero signage. Having been to countless events both at the Philly center and that have had girl's cheerleading-type events there- this is really fucking bizarre.

Cedric, of course, responded to these issues with his usually pure class: https://twitter.com/OriginalOestrus/status/703667453230972928 I will never understand why people like him given things like the Esper Charm situation and the way he responds to any sort of criticism.

Write up from one of the people ejected - https://t.co/3d3NQismJY . (not an endorsement of all of the views within - but is a honest-to-a-fault write up from the author's perspective)

WanderingWind

Mortarpod + Gerald's Messenger too stronk.

Hahaha, hell yeah. I love me some Mortarpod. Messenger, Gravecrawler, Diregraaf Captain. In the first OT, which came out around Innistrad, I posted nonstop about this deck. Never broke it apart, but have made some adjustments.

I mean can we blame the cheerleaders, given the not completely unfounded stigma with MTG players and nerds?

Anyway two days from now is commander day at my LGS, which is held once per month and I've been waiting for a package to arrive for more than a week and it's all that's missing for my Aurelia's Angels deck right now. I'm gonna be really tilted if it's not gonna make it in time.
Another letter probably already got lost and the guy that sent it is on vacation right now so I can't even confirm.

Now what I still need are a couple lands and Sword of Fire and Ice.

kirblar

You can certainly blame the event center for how they interpreted the event. Blocking access to food? Not actually putting signage up?

The stigma wasn't "MTG Players", the stigma was "Males."

Apparently SCGPhilly was a shitshow since a girls gymnastics meet requested that the center treat males like they're pedophiles and cordoned off the SCG event from everything else with zero signage. Having been to countless events both at the Philly center and that have had girl's cheerleading-type events there- this is really fucking bizarre.

Cedric, of course, responded to these issues with his usually pure class: https://twitter.com/OriginalOestrus/status/703667453230972928 I will never understand why people like him given things like the Esper Charm situation and the way he responds to any sort of criticism.

Write up from one of the people ejected - https://t.co/3d3NQismJY . (not an endorsement of all of the views within - but is a honest-to-a-fault write up from the author's perspective)

Based entirely on second/third-hand accounts, my read on the situation was that it was obviously poorly handled from a logistics perspective (conflicts in conference centers and common spaces aren't really all that uncommon), and was exacerbated by power-tripping off-duty cops acting as "security." But it feels more like a snowballing situation that got out of hand rather than anything overtly discriminatory from the top down.

EDIT: Not that this excuses SCG or the event center from culpability, but more that I doubt someone in charge said "keep those dirty boys locked in there."

Haines

Banned
My guess is the gymnast event was held by the wealthy. Just a guess tho.

Is the story spoiler at 11 est?

Edit: oh new spoilers. Going to need a second to digest them

kirblar

Based entirely on second/third-hand accounts, my read on the situation was that it was obviously poorly handled from a logistics perspective (conflicts in conference centers and common spaces aren't really all that uncommon), and was exacerbated by power-tripping off-duty cops acting as "security." But it feels more like a snowballing situation that got out of hand rather than anything overtly discriminatory from the top down.

EDIT: Not that this excuses SCG or the event center from culpability, but more that I doubt someone in charge said "keep those dirty boys locked in there."
I don't really fault SCG here for anything other than Cedric- I've been to a lot of events at that location and the situation was clearly driven by factors out of their control.

edit: Why is green getting tutoring for Artifacts/Enchantments/PW? So weird.

DrArchon

The green one seems really good for getting Delirium, and the black one just seems good all around. Nice that it exiles so you don't help them with their Delirium stuff.

Blue seems alright, but if I want to really rush Delirium I'd stick with the green one.

DrArchon

Didn't see the Toad monster. What the hell?!

OK, so it's a 5 mana 6/6 with deathtouch. Alright, probably better abilities than deathtouch for a 6/6 but I'll take it. Kills lands but lets you draw cards and play more lands, so it sounds dirty in a landfall deck, or one with a bunch of Drownyard Temples. Good things Fetches are going away or else this thing would be too dirty.

bigkrev

So I also went to the SCG event (I don't remember if it was posted here), and was appaled at how small the room they were in was. I was planning on playing in some side events, but there wasn't any room to even walk around- if there was a 250+ pound person playing at the last row of tables, they would be able to turn around and grab stuff off the vendor's table behind them. It was also a multi-block walk from the normal part of the convention center where Magic tournaments were held.

And there is always stuff like the gymnastics competition being held at the same time as Magic tourneys. At Pro Tour Philadelphia in 2011, there was a girl's middle school volleyball tournament happening the next room over, and at the Vintage World Championship in 2013, there was a Girl Scout event being held on the same floor. It's never been a problem before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom