• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199040490]Pure white dress + crossbow and angry face is a total art nonbo :-([/QUOTE]

I like it. "Dammit, zombies, I was supposed to get married today."

bigkrev

I guess Team ChannelFireball is dead?
gAo1dEM.png

kirblar

Every year the same stupid debate on draws comes up.

Every year nothing changes because every alternative is so much worse.

Every year the same stupid debate on draws comes up.

Every year nothing changes because every alternative is so much worse.

It's not a "stupid" debate; it only feels that way to you because you've done it so much.

This is why Sirlin is against Swiss tourneys in the first place. I assume the only reason Magic doesn't use Double Elimination is because of the variance inherent in the game and how many "non-games" there are.

kirblar

It's not a "stupid" debate; it only feels that way to you because you've done it so much.

This is why Sirlin is against Swiss tourneys in the first place. I assume the only reason Magic doesn't use Double Elimination is because of the variance inherent in the game and how many "non-games" there are.
It is a stupid debate, because unless you're bringing new technology to the table, all the suggestions go backward and are harmful. Random cuts to top 8? That'll go over well. Draws worth 0? Actually increases collusion.

Haines

Banned
The new smite looks good.

I think the combat trick is good too because indestructible. I hate when I use a combat trick and than my opponent uses his and mine still dies. This prevents that.

I see the theme of getting clues for extra mana cost on the cards. I'm OK with that. Limited games that have lulls kind if suck so letting people draw stuff will def improve it. Attached to cards that you would would already play like 'kill creature' for a measely one mana is fine I think.

And what's that about channel fireball being dead? I thought they were doing well?

It is a stupid debate, because unless you're bringing new technology to the table, all the suggestions go backward and are harmful. Random cuts to top 8? That'll go over well. Draws worth 0? Actually increases collusion.

A) There is a problem in Magic tourneys where collusion and technically illegal behavior has to be overlooked or condoned.

B) Players are right to be frustrated by this.

C) When investigated, you realize that there aren't any better options.

D) The problem still exists and hasn't been solved. It may be impossible to solve.

E) This doesn't mean the debate is stupid. It just means you're ahead of the curve and are personally annoyed with seeing it play out again and again. :)

Haines

Banned
I'm pretty sure there was a huge collusion scandal in hearthstone that shuts digital.

You will never escape it.

Huh. So is lsv still the captain or whatever he was.

Firemind

Goddammit people who ruin drafts. I got a third pick Hex. What the hell. Then black dried up for some reason, so I now have a shit deck.

Haines

Banned
I can't right click on a phone.

All it lets me do is save image.

Sticthed mangler won me games in play testing. Not untapping during untap step is amazing in limited.

Stitched skaab combos with prizes amalgam I think?

Santiako

Zocano

The super toad made me really want to get back into magic (re: standard). This set has made me more excited than any of the past 10 or so sets and the fun interactions are exactly what I want. I'd really want to run Sin Prodder in a mid range ish deck because I'm a fool.

Matriox

I can't right click on a phone.

All it lets me do is save image.

I strictly post from phones. All I do is hold down the picture, select "open image" and then copy the url link for the page and paste into a "
"

Even easier, if the spoiler has a Imgur link just make sure .jpg is on the end and it's good to go.

Haines

Banned
I strictly post from phones. All I do is hold down the picture, select "open image" and then copy the url link for the page and paste into a "
"

Even easier, if the spoiler has a Imgur link just make sure .jpg is on the end and it's good to go.

Thanks for the help.

Giest seems incredible for 3 mana. Such a tight little 1-2 punchy card.

CeRDEhNWEAI-WMp.jpg:large

We did it reddit!

Dang, people on Twitter be salty about Emrakul.

E) This doesn't mean the debate is stupid. It just means you're ahead of the curve and are personally annoyed with seeing it play out again and again. :)

I dunno, I think "I got frustrated by something that's been hashed out many times and demand it be fixed despite having no useful plan to do so" is at least kinda dopey. At least BBD's article offers a proposal, albeit one where the cure is worse than the disease, but usually when this comes up it's just people demanding that IDs be eliminated without considering any of the implications of that change.

Part of the problem with this debate in particular is that a lot of it is driven not by logical consideration of what would make events better, but by an emotional reaction to the perception of impropriety. People get mad that "collusion" or whatever is happening and insist it be stomped out, regardless of the actual impact thereof. I think in reality it's not very productive to take umbrage at people utilizing a well-understood system to their own benefit and the supposed moral failing is largely illusory.

I love that WotC has managed to inject a lot of humour into a fairly dark setting. Feels like a good balance.

No better place for black humor than the gothic horror set. I loved stuff like Bump in the Night from the first go-round too.

Dang, people on Twitter be salty about Emrakul.

I dunno, I think "I got frustrated by something that's been hashed out many times and demand it be fixed despite having no useful plan to do so" is at least kinda dopey. At least BBD's article offers a proposal, albeit one where the cure is worse than the disease, but usually when this comes up it's just people demanding that IDs be eliminated without considering any of the implications of that change.

Part of the problem with this debate in particular is that a lot of it is driven not by logical consideration of what would make events better, but by an emotional reaction to the perception of impropriety. People get mad that "collusion" or whatever is happening and insist it be stomped out, regardless of the actual impact thereof. I think in reality it's not very productive to take umbrage at people utilizing a well-understood system to their own benefit and the supposed moral failing is largely illusory.

There's a line somewhere. I think most of us agree that Efro crossed it, but nobody can define exactly where it is. I think it's useful to have the conversation so we can figure out what can and can't be done. Not every instance of the debate is helpful, but I don't think it's fair to classify the entire thing as stupid - that's all.

ironmang

There's a line somewhere. I think most of us agree that Efro crossed it, but nobody can define exactly where it is. I think it's useful to have the conversation so we can figure out what can and can't be done. Not every instance of the debate is helpful, but I don't think it's fair to classify the entire thing as stupid - that's all.

I think every point of Efro's article crossed the line but the threat was pretty clearly a problem.

edit: not the tournament report first half of the article which I consider completely separate. soon as he got to round 14 though shit went sideways.

I think every point of Efro's article crossed the line but the threat was pretty clearly a problem.

edit: not the tournament report first half of the article which I consider completely separate. soon as he got to round 14 though shit went sideways.

I think it's the part where he threatened retribution on people who don't pre-emptively help him out? I mean.

That part is obvious. The more interesting part is where he implied that this is just how it works, and that his "threat" wasn't a "threat" but just a statement of how it works.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I kind of like the flavor of the art+ the text, and the idea is fun, but how stacked does your deck have to be for this to be odd great value? I'd imagine you'd want at least one card of up to 6CMC to work best.

I dunno, that's not bad value, especially in a golgari deck combined with delirium and discard outlets if you get to late-game and need to replay a beater for a finish or something.

Major problem is either going to drawing it early, or discarding back down to 7 eot, depending on how big your pool is, but you don't need to take 1 of every CMC. Getting even two/three cards again could win the game.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Nope, they said it goes up Friday morning.

EDIT: Also Good Friday is barely a holiday at least for work purposes.

I don't think so. Also, Friday isn't a federal Holiday.

Ah. Right. I'm work for the provincial government and forget that Friday isn't a holiday for everyone.

f953180536c84cc0f4f43fda7c3090ce.png

Self-mill + Ramp + Eldrazi? Seems tough to make it work. However, big, janky cards like this are generally how I like mythic rares.

Seasons Past definitely seems more like a Commander card than anything that could see Standard play. Odd that it would go to the bottom of the library instead of exile.

Yeef

Seasons Past definitely seems more like a Commander card than anything that could see Standard play. Odd that it would go to the bottom of the library instead of exile.
Probably a trial thing. Anytime a spell self-exiles there's always a ton of complaints from the masses.Putting it on the bottom is likely a try at a compromise.

Looks like Wizards figured out what was wrong with the Legendary Cube and they are at least trying:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/legendary-cube-returns-2016-03-23

The people in charge of MODO cubes usually don't make the same mistakes twice -- instead they discover fantastic new mistakes to make.

It's a flavor thing to fit the concept of seasonal rebirth, I think. (It's also a nice way to keep people from recurring a spell endlessly without having to permanently remove it.)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Thanks for the help.

Giest seems incredible for 3 mana. Such a tight little 1-2 punchy card.

CeRDEhNWEAI-WMp.jpg:large

We did it reddit!

I love this card. Anything that makes your opponent agonize over whether to use removal on a turn three creature or ignore it until it blows up their face makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom