• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Herbs has argued in the past that bootleg Transformers are better than legit Transformers, because they do the same thing but cheaper.

MattKeil has called him out on that stance before.

I think most people around here (including Matt) are "accepting" of bootlegs, and let a few differences of opinion slide away, just to avoid fights.

Herbs called Hasbro/Takara "shameful" for being unable to compete with the price of bootlegs.

Matt cleverly mocked that statement.

Herbs tried and failed to deliver an insulting/witty comeback.

I see. I'm still confused by his comeback, but as long as it made sense in his mind, I guess it's fine. Does he also think game devs are lazy/greedy/shameful because he can get any game for free via BitTorrent?

Tizoc

Damnit Roberts and Milne you couldn't have left the panel just be Spinister and his dialog bubble?!

*Wakes up to read all the Nintendo news*
tvw8NNu.jpg

JLynn

What are yall opinions of Hasbro's panel at Botcon? Personally speaking the only thing I'm interested in was the Target exclusive Movie Autobots set. (I'm suspecting to see a $100+ price tag as Ultra Magnus by itself retailed for $50). I was also interested they didn't mention plans for BW20 and they didn't even show a single Masterpiece figure. They said more are in the works but licensing is tough which puzzled me.

Going by the list of released Takara Masterpiece units, the only licenses we know Hasbro doesn't have (yet) are with Lamborghini, Volkswagen, and Lancia. Minus Laser/Shockwave they have two canon characters that needs no separate licensing in Ultra Magnus and the redesigned Hot Rod/Rodimus (Star Saber? Does Hasbro recognize him?). Their strongest license is with GM so they have Tracks, and they have a good relationship with Nissan. Granted their Nissan relationship is maybe on a case-to-case basis so we have to keep that in consideration but there's three MPs ready to go. Six if you include Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Ramjet in MP11 designs. I don't get it.

Tizoc

More than Meets the Eye #52
BUT OF COURSE!
WHY NOT
SURE
LET'S GO THERE
IT ONLY MAKES THAT ONE SUBPLOT DEEPER!
Welcome back Overlord, I'm not even mad you're brought back.

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
THE COLOR OF THE
SPACE SCOOTER, WHAT IF THAT'S THE NECROBOT?!?!?!

Drayco21

So everyone see all those Titans Return leaks?

I'm pretty psyched about Voyager IDW Megatron, even if it's just going to be a pre-tool for Blitzwing, but I'm a little disappointed that Hot Rod isn't more IDW-based to go with him, and Voyager Optimus isn't doing anything for me, probably because it's a Laser Prime homage.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I've had a real difficult time trying to find a "definitive" Optimus and Megatron for my shelf. I've got the Fall of Cybertron Optimus right now, and I like him a lot, but I'd like something at least Voyager sized to take his place. Something about the old Classics mold never really did it for me, Combiner Wars seems like a fine toy (I use the repaint as my Nova Prime and like him a lot) but his proportions as Optimus seem a little funky, Powermaster is a cool variant but not really a "traditional" looking Optimus either, and now this new Voyager looks fine, but still not a standard Optimus. There've been a lot of really good Movie Primes, and I don't mind clashing aesthetics most of the time, but even the best of them like Evasion Prime seem a bit too out of place to be what I'm looking for.

I think this upcoming IDW Megs is finally my answer for a definitive Megatron; I've been using the Leader Combiner Wars figure and it's really nice, but taller than I'd really like. The old classics Voyager's robot mode really suffers from having a bunch of gun parts hanging off it (though the Henkei release recolors look pretty solid), and the Thrilling 30 was another variant Megs that seems fine but doesn't quite nail the "iconic version" look I was wanting.

I know I'm being a little crazy, but it's just kinda weird to me that the two most iconic characters in the franchise haven't really had a definitive CHUG figure up to this point. But then, there's also not really CHUG figures of Shockwave or Soundwave yet either, so who knows.

Also it occurs to me that this post is useless without pics

Edit: the rest of the leaks, while we're at it; they haven't been posted in this thread and maybe someone here hasn't seen them and would think they're cool:

Hoping that Sixshot is a Leader Class, because if they're willing to make Sixshot a Leader, maybe they'd be willing to do the same for that Overlord they teased at Botcon.

Beth Cyra

Goddess that Prime is ugly as all hell.

Reminds me alot of the G2 mixed with the Altenator Prime and just ewwww. Last couple Prime's haven't been exactly my favorite (that still easily goes to War With in Prime) but this one is a huge step down to me.

Megs doesn't look bad, I am a huge lover of Armada Megs but this is pretty good overall as well so I might get him.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Sixshot is a leader class, judging by the leak that mentioned Leader Quickswitch as a remold of Sixshot. All is well.

Triggerhappy and Doublecross look amazing. Titans Return is shaping up to be one hell of a line, with the exception of that Prime. There's also been rumors of a Nautica, which would be excellent.

yami4ct

My only real issue with prime is that awful wide head. Both of the example heads don't look near that terrible, so hopefully it's a bad render. I probably won't buy it, but I dig it more than CW Prime for damn sure.

A Nautica figure would be top fucking tier.

Edit: the rest of the leaks, while we're at it; they haven't been posted in this thread and maybe someone here hasn't seen them and would think they're cool:

I hadn't seen them, so thanks a lot for them. There's even a couple more for Mindwipe and Wolfwire:
13094386_1059744894091450_3486004904497138322_n.jpg

13124691_1059743997424873_6815474068930359051_n.jpg

My thoughts: Optimus looks ugly as sin, but I've always hated Laser Optimus Prime (except when recolored as Scourge). Megs looks great but I want to see his alt mode. Wolfwire and Triggerhappy look great. Doublecross would be cool but I don't like how his hands in robot mode are straight up dragon heads. Getaway and Mindwipe are great representations of the characters, but I personally find their alt modes and color schemes unexciting. Hot Rod is great but it seems almost identical to the Deluxe Generations.

The one thing I loved from Optimus, though, is having two different heads, one for classic Op and another for Laser Op. I think it's an idea that might work very well with others, for example Megatron (miner head, gladiator head, warrior head, hell, even one with helmet removed and loose "hair").

It's also great that they included Autobot emblem stickers for Megatron. They sure know their audience. :D

James Roberts foreshadowing / worldbuilding, issue #393837 (something you might have missed). I'll provide the relevant sentences as the lettering may be a bit small to read.

Issue 34:
tumblr_inline_o50rsjsH2P1qh8qg9_500.png

Megatron: Terminus, I...
Terminus: "Now, now, you know the rules. I help your words find their way home, and you never ask how I do it. You'd think less of me."

Issue 39:
tumblr_inline_o50sj3Lgrx1qh8qg9_500.png

Tarn: "Towards peace? Helex, I've read this a hundred thousand times. I've got the first edition mounted on my wall"

And the payoff, issue 51:
tumblr_inline_o50rneyW8r1qh8qg9_500.png

tumblr_inline_o50rnoLDXq1qh8qg9_500.png

Tarn: Impressed? They're all first editions.
Deathsaurus: They're all dead miners...
Tarn: They died on Messatine. Terminus arranged for Megatron's writings to be inscribed in their viscerae before they were shipped home. Very resourceful fellow, Terminus.

From here:
http://megaparsecs.tumblr.com/post/142135958509/this-is-just-a-little-thing-from-mtmte-51

Edit: Sorry for the double post, this thread is a bit slow. :D

Wait a second, from the posts above I get the feeling people didn't like G2 Laser Optimus?! As a child in the 90s, the one-two punch of Tank Megatron and Laser Prime were too much for me!! In fact I still have them residing on my shelves.

That said, not so keen on that design for this lookalike figure, or Megs for that matter. Hopefully the real products are more encouraging - there are a few Titans figures I like a lot though:

- Fort Max (of course)
- Powermaster Prime
- Galvatron
- Blaster
- Chromedome

Only gonna allow myself (for my girlfriends sake) to get Fort Max, Prime and maybe Galvatron though. Go hard or go home!

Beth Cyra

Wait a second, from the posts above I get the feeling people didn't like G2 Laser Optimus?! As a child in the 90s, the one-two punch of Tank Megatron and Laser Prime were too much for me!! In fact I still have them residing on my shelves.

That said, not so keen on that design for this lookalike figure, or Megs for that matter. Hopefully the real products are more encouraging - there are a few Titans figures I like a lot though:

- Fort Max (of course)
- Powermaster Prime
- Galvatron
- Blaster
- Chromedome

Only gonna allow myself (for my girlfriends sake) to get Fort Max, Prime and maybe Galvatron though. Go hard or go home!
Laser Prime was a bad follow up to G1.

Ultra Magnus Laser and Scourge Laser where much better to me.

Fair enough I guess. I loved it for being so different, especially with the 'earlier' G2 Prime literally being G1 Prime with a funky black trailer.

Also, I never knew about the alternate versions you mentioned. I quite like Magnus, might keep an eye out for him online :) thanks!!

NEO0MJ

G2 Megatron was my first Transformer and hold a spacial place in my heart. I ruined mine, though ;_;

Not sure about Magnus but Scourge was a great recolor and really redeemed the mold.

Beth Cyra

Fair enough I guess. I loved it for being so different, especially with the 'earlier' G2 Prime literally being G1 Prime with a funky black trailer.

Also, I never knew about the alternate versions you mentioned. I quite like Magnus, might keep an eye out for him online :) thanks!!
It's was an exclusive repaint that came out like 7 years ago. You can still find em on places like Ebay and even bbts until recently.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

For many years, G2 Laser Prime was considered the best TF of all time by the online fandom overall, so you're not alone.

I consider most of G2 to be a crime against man and god, so I am not among that number, but still. Laser Prime was and still is a very well-regarded figure for its time, I'd say.

Beth Cyra

For many years, G2 Laser Prime was considered the best TF of all time by the online fandom overall, so you're not alone.

I consider most of G2 to be a crime against man and god, so I am not among that number, but still. Laser Prime was and still is a very well-regarded figure for its time, I'd say.
Yeah can't argue with the figure.

It's great and I love my Magnus recolor as even in late 2000's it was a treat to see how nice it was.

I only own the Scourge version, and I have to admit it must have been a really fun toy for a kid. I lost count of the things it can shoot. That said, like everything from G2, its color scheme seems designed by a colorblind circus clown.

Mike M

Nick N
G2 Optimus had a questionable decos, but other than that he was pretty ahead of his time in terms of articulation and his light piping gimmick. Scourge showed what a good paint/decal scheme could do for the mold.

Tizoc

James Roberts foreshadowing / worldbuilding, issue #393837 (something you might have missed). I'll provide the relevant sentences as the lettering may be a bit small to read.

Issue 34:
tumblr_inline_o50rsjsH2P1qh8qg9_500.png

Megatron: Terminus, I...
Terminus: "Now, now, you know the rules. I help your words find their way home, and you never ask how I do it. You'd think less of me."

Issue 39:
tumblr_inline_o50sj3Lgrx1qh8qg9_500.png

Tarn: "Towards peace? Helex, I've read this a hundred thousand times. I've got the first edition mounted on my wall"

And the payoff, issue 51:
tumblr_inline_o50rneyW8r1qh8qg9_500.png

tumblr_inline_o50rnoLDXq1qh8qg9_500.png

Tarn: Impressed? They're all first editions.
Deathsaurus: They're all dead miners...
Tarn: They died on Messatine. Terminus arranged for Megatron's writings to be inscribed in their viscerae before they were shipped home. Very resourceful fellow, Terminus.

From here:
http://megaparsecs.tumblr.com/post/142135958509/this-is-just-a-little-thing-from-mtmte-51

Edit: Sorry for the double post, this thread is a bit slow. :D

Son of a Glitch.
Now I figured out wtf that meant.

Ponn

Banned
So, we aren't getting a Transformers the movie on bluray this year are we? I was hoping for something since its an anniversary year but the only other place I think they might announce it is SDCC.

Mike M

Nick N
Watching Robots in Disguise with my daughter, and I'm wincing every time someone says "is" instead of "are" when talking about something plural.

I would bemoan the lackluster editing, but no one paid to write for a living should be making that mistake in the first place.

Tizoc

Watching Robots in Disguise with my daughter, and I'm wincing every time someone says "is" instead of "are" when talking about something plural.

I would bemoan the lackluster editing, but no one paid to write for a living should be making that mistake in the first place.

RiD's Steeljaw is the best character.
Heck the Decepticons are more interesting than the protagonists.

NEO0MJ

Pretty good for a non-transforming cosplay, but it's usually the transforming ones that I love most (much like the actual toys :D).

I know that feel. Like, there are some really good non transforming figures like the Ultimetal Megatron but it just feels wrong.

Same thing extends to toys of other robots that are missing their main feature. Max Factory's Genesic Gaogaigar looks amazing but it can't split into its components, same with the SRC Megazord.

Same thing extends to toys of other robots that are missing their main feature. Max Factory's Genesic Gaogaigar looks amazing but it can't split into its components, same with the SRC Megazord.

Coincidentally, I own both MaxFactory's GGGG as well as CM Corp's :D (I actually bought MaxFactory's before CM Corp's was announced, since the only combinable version back then was well over 600$... and I even gave that one version a thought). I also break this rule for designs that were not meant to actually have feasible toys, namely Getters (Studio HalfEye's delightful but unaffordable insanities notwithstanding).

The last time a high profile gokin entered my collection was several years ago; my friends bought me SoC Gunbuster. After that I've not really seen any gokin that captured my interest and slowly fell out of the scene, which my wallet certainly thanks me for.

Tizoc

Yo Zero since you once mentioned it, here's a 'Swerve's best hits' for you, and what better way to start than with his introduction in MTMTE #1
WITH HIS BADGE ON HIS CROTCH

note to self: Finish up that TF write up so more can experience excellent and fun writing.

I know that feel. Like, there are some really good non transforming figures like the Ultimetal Megatron but it just feels wrong.

That figure is phenominal!

NEO0MJ

Coincidentally, I own both MaxFactory's GGGG as well as CM Corp's :D

I really hate missing out on CM's offerings. Kept delaying it in favor of other things and now their stuff is ridiculously overpriced.

And yeah, I made an exception for the Getters as well. The Fewture Getter 2 was my first high end toy :D

I really hate missing out on CM's offerings. Kept delaying it in favor of other things and now their stuff is ridiculously overpriced.

And yeah, I made an exception for the Getters as well. The Fewture Getter 2 was my first high end toy :D

I just searched for CM Corp's out of curiosity and you can get it secondhand for not much more than the original price (which was admittedly not cheap in the first place). I'm hesitant to recommend picking it up as it's probably the most delicate figure I own. It has lots of thin plastic parts that seem like they could break easily; case in point, Broken (yes, irony) and Protect Gao's tail and side fins. In fact a part of it technically broke on mine; one of Gadget Gao's wingtip feathers split a bit through the middle, though it doesn't matter as it's held together by the sides. On top of that, having to use an addon piece to get Broken and Phantom Gao to connect inside Gadget Gao is a bit disappointing. I do love to transform GGGG's wings from closed to open mode revealing that butterfly-like eye pattern.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty great collector's piece, but it's definitely the thing most opposite a toy there is in my collection. Not something you want to transform on a daily, or even monthly, basis.

Yo Zero since you once mentioned it, here's a 'Swerve's best hits' for you, and what better way to start than with his introduction in MTMTE #1

WITH HIS BADGE ON HIS CROTCH

note to self: Finish up that TF write up so more can experience excellent and fun writing.

So great. Fun MTMTE is best MTMTE, IMHO. I'm kind of eager for this finale to end so we can hopefully get back to silly misadventures. I'm not against it getting heartbreakingly serious from time to time but I'm starting to feel a bit of fatigue, especially since I know Roberts is going to kill at least one of the main cast at the end. I love each of them a lot and frankly, this is a drawn out agony.

That figure is phenominal!

Which one? CM's GGGG?

Faiz

Laser prime definitely got a lot of hate when it was released. It's not what people wanted/expected out of Optimus. The fake windshield chest and grill abdomen along with the ridiculous decals just made it a big eyeroll inducer.

That said, it was a great toy. I finally bought one when it made it to close out at Kay Bee and was happy with the purchase. Deco wise it was better as Black Convoy/Scourge though.

NEO0MJ

I just searched for CM Corp's out of curiosity and you can get it secondhand for not much more than the original price (which was admittedly not cheap in the first place). I'm hesitant to recommend picking it up as it's probably the most delicate figure I own. It has lots of thin plastic parts that seem like they could break easily; case in point, Broken (yes, irony) and Protect Gao's tail and side fins. In fact a part of it technically broke on mine; one of Gadget Gao's wingtip feathers split a bit through the middle, though it doesn't matter as it's held together by the sides. On top of that, having to use an addon piece to get Broken and Phantom Gao to connect inside Gadget Gao is a bit disappointing. I do love to transform GGGG's wings from closed to open mode revealing that butterfly-like eye pattern.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty great collector's piece, but it's definitely the thing most opposite a toy there is in my collection. Not something you want to transform on a daily, or even monthly, basis.

I rarely transform my stuff anyway :p
And speaking of fragile transformers, I have the SOC Tobikage trio and Bakuryu is known to be a fragile beast. I think I only transformed him once!

And I thought it was originally $100 or so?
Which one? CM's GGGG?

I think he means the Ultimetal Megatron. I should have mentioned that it's most probably cancelled, since we haven't heard anything about it in almost two years. You never kn with these things, but don't count on it releasing.

JLynn

So, we aren't getting a Transformers the movie on bluray this year are we? I was hoping for something since its an anniversary year but the only other place I think they might announce it is SDCC.

I really hope so. I heard the rights issues are tricky to straighten out.

Really? Even as a kid I thought something looked off about him. Even with all the repaints I still wasn't feeling it.

Which brings me to this question. What in your opinion was the most underrated Prime/Primal toy? You can even include BW and BM as well as Japanese exclusive. I personally love Super Fire Convoy/RID 2001 Prime. I love the fact it was poseable (At the time I bought it I had a couple of BW figures and wasn't impressed) an even when it's fully combined didn't feel like a brick. It also had some heft to it even though there is no diecast in it at all. I got it for $22 at Kay-Bee and I thought I was getting more than my money's worth with this figure.

300px-RID_Optimus_Prime_toy.jpg

Mike M

Nick N
RiD Optimus/Fire Convoy was a great figure. The base mode wasn't great, and I know some don't like the "parts-former" nature of it, but there was much to love about him.

I secretly really like Energon Optimus, despite his very apparent issues. Especially when combined with Wing Saber.

EnergonOptimusWingSaber.jpg

Yeah i meant the megs figure it looks really cool imo

It does look pretty awesome, closer to a high-end chogokin than a Transformer.

I rarely transform my stuff anyway :p

Then the non-transforming version would be better anyway, it's more solid.

And speaking of fragile transformers, I have the SOC Tobikage trio and Bakuryu is known to be a fragile beast. I think I only transformed him once!

Oooh, those are some that I considered getting but ultimately decided against. I have zero familiarity with Tobikage beyond SRW.

And I thought it was originally $100 or so?

It was 20000 yen, so closer to 190$ (plus shipping, of course):
http://hlj.com/product/CMS65043
It's pretty big, with a ridiculous amount of moving parts and quite a bit of diecast. Even at 190$ it feels like a good deal.

NEO0MJ

I always felt Fire Convoy was a well loved figure? But Energon Prime was definitely hated if I remember right. Everyone was calling him Fatimus. His design really worked well with Wing Saber, I agree.

Then the non-transforming version would be better anyway, it's more solid. Oooh, those are some that I considered getting but ultimately decided against. I have zero familiarity with Tobikage beyond SRW.

I had no idea what they were at all. Only heard about them because of the SOC release. But they looked so awesome and were something 66 year old me would have had orgasms about (ninja robots with awesome weapons that transform into badass beasts? yes please!)

And yeah, I was leaning towards the max factory version anyway. I like its proportions and colors, as well as accessories a whole lot more. Just a shame it can't transform is all.

Funny thing about them is that while I thought I'd like Bakuryu the most and Houraioh the least it was actually reversed. Houraioh was very stable and a lot of fun to toy with, and very easy to transform. Bakuryu while looking really good in idle poses wasn't as dynamic and transforming him really felt risky at times.

It was 20000 yen, so closer to 190$ (plus shipping, of course):
http://hlj.com/product/CMS65043
It's pretty big, with a ridiculous amount of moving parts and quite a bit of diecast. Even at 190$ it feels like a good deal.

Oh, had no idea. I wonder where that price came from, then.

Faiz

I always felt Fire Convoy was a well loved figure? But Energon Prime was definitely hated if I remember right. Everyone was calling him Fatimus. His design really worked well with Wing Saber, I agree.

Always been my impression as well. He was the second import TF I ever bought. LioConvoy was my first... Which I never fell entirely out of love with, but he did fall a little flat once it was in my hands and played with.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Probably not. Paramount holds the rights to all TF film releases including that one, and they have no interest in re-releasing it in the U.S. for some reason.

I always felt Fire Convoy was a well loved figure? But Energon Prime was definitely hated if I remember right. Everyone was calling him Fatimus.

Pretty much this. I loathe most Armada/Energon figures, and Fatimus takes the cake. Ugh. Fire Convoy on the other hand is awesome. I assume you also got Magnus? Which reminds me, I finished my CW Hotspot to Optimus repaint but I haven't posted any pics yet.

I had no idea what they were at all. Only heard about them because of the SOC release. But they looked so awesome and were something 66 year old me would have had orgasms about (ninja robots with awesome weapons that transform into badass beasts? yes please!)

In that case, this might interest you, if you haven't seen them yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoMH3d--vlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfMKddksuA

Alpha Trion anyone?

Day 1 purchase for me

Heh, being used to "badass Gandalf beard Alpha Trion", it's hard not to be a bit disappointed with younger "dragon whiskers Alpha Trion". And just to bring all threads together, I never knew there's a gokin Alpha Trion!

EX_Gokin_Alpha_Trion.jpg

Always been my impression as well. He was the second import TF I ever bought. LioConvoy was my first... Which I never fell entirely out of love with, but he did fall a little flat once it was in my hands and played with.

Fire Convoy was my first ever Transformers import... from the US, to Europe, bought in an import shop. Later on I bought the Japanese versions and sent the US ones to a good friend in the Philippines.

I also imported LioConvoy later on, and I don't care what anyone says, he's badass-er than some ape. P

Which brings me to this question. What in your opinion was the most underrated Prime/Primal toy? You can even include BW and BM as well as Japanese exclusive. I personally love Super Fire Convoy/RID 2001 Prime. I love the fact it was poseable (At the time I bought it I had a couple of BW figures and wasn't impressed) an even when it's fully combined didn't feel like a brick. It also had some heft to it even though there is no diecast in it at all. I got it for $22 at Kay-Bee and I thought I was getting more than my money's worth with this figure.

For underrated I'd actually like to say Machine Wars Optimus Prime. I'd go further and say the whole MW line in general, it's so low key!!

Fair enough, it's a repaint of Thunderclash but I've always had something of a keen interest in the Machine Wars line, just wish they'd updated the face to look more like classic Op.

The character art was great too I thought, totally sold me on the concept as a kid (will see if I can find a pic on Google).

Mike M

Nick N
Wasn't MW Op's character art just touched up Laser Optimus?

MW Op had a pretty cool trailer base, honestly. Wouldn't mind an update on that figure with a figure that looked like the character artwork instead of what we got.

EDIT: Honestly, the trailer and base are even better than I remembered. Shame about the olive green...

mwprime.gif

1997__Optimus_Prime_1997_1202263467.jpg

optimus_prime_laser.gif

Beth Cyra

Most under rated Prime? Easily RiD Omega Prime powerlinked mode.

Granted I have a huge love for Fire Convoy and God Magnus but I still don't think a Prime fusion haso topped it yet.

yami4ct

Fire Convoy is frequently, and correctly, sighted as one of the best TFs of all time. He's an amazing figure, but not exactly underrated.

As for who I think is underrated, it's kinda hard to tell for me. The community usually gets it pretty right when it comes to OP toys. There are a lot of great ones that don't get as much love as maybe they could (Lio Convoy, Galaxy Convoy, Optimal Optimus, and Recon Optimus all spring to mind), but the good Prime figures tend to get love.

A design I really dig is the full Armada Prime. I think his basic prime mode is a really good twist on the traditional Prime design and I really dig his super mode as well. It's too bad none of his figures do him justice. He got 2nd place in that MP Fan Poll, so maybe he'll get the figure he deserves some day.

Beth Cyra

Fire Convoy is frequently, and correctly, sighted as one of the best TFs of all time. He's an amazing figure, but not exactly underrated.

As for who I think is underrated, it's kinda hard to tell for me. The community usually gets it pretty right when it comes to OP toys. There are a lot of great ones that don't get as much love as maybe they could (Lio Convoy, Galaxy Convoy, Optimal Optimus, and Recon Optimus all spring to mind), but the good Prime figures tend to get love.

A design I really dig is the full Armada Prime. I think his basic prime mode is a really good twist on the traditional Prime design and I really dig his super mode as well. It's too bad none of his figures do him justice. He got 2nd place in that MP Fan Poll, so maybe he'll get the figure he deserves some day.
I hated his Super Mode but loved his Powerlink Mode with Jet Fire it's just the eagle face and gold hands do nothing at all for me.

That said his Prime mode in full power Unicron colors? Maybe best Prime ever.

Top Bottom