• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My thoughts after trying every SNES, Genesis and Amiga game

Ivan

" My list" is a bit silly argument to be honest. We can talk about games of course, but how many of them are on some of your list has nothing to do with anything...

lionagony

Neo Member
" My list" is a bit silly argument to be honest. We can talk about games of course, but how many of them are on some of your list has nothing to do with anything...
It's true that my list is not definitive of anything but I think the interesting part is that I made these charts after the fact. I wasn't thinking about the year when I was going through the games, I was just going through alphabetically. To now see that the number went up for the first years for all systems and all peaked in 1994 I think has some signficance. It's not only because the systems are new and then gradually get more games because for example the number of games released for the Amiga was highest in 1991 not 1994. In the end I just like talking about these games and thought this was a new angle.

That's why i said "it was supposed to". Because it was marketed as a 32bit system along with the others.

I agree, AGA was not great. But it was still better than the Genesis/SNES, no?

In terms of what?

Maybe SNES without some high grade stuff inside the ROM, but AGA wasn't going to play anything like Gunstar Heroes on the Genesis.

Potentially it should be able to compete, AGA was strong enough for moderate fps 3D without a chip like the Genesis and could have higher resolution sprites, but the closed architecture ends up blocking that potential. I'd say the best I've seen of AGA from non-lazy devs is something in the realm of Sonic 2. But problems trying to have more complex gameplay than that (or number of animated sprites on he screen at once including bullets) smoothly.

TheCoolDave

Neo Member
OK, agree with a lot of it but, the thing that gets me, where do you get the time for that?

I'd love to have the time to take this quest....

Reactions: Fuz

RAIDEN1

Imagine if Commodore were around today, would they still have tried to remain in the console space, despite the failure of the CD32?

Imagine if Commodore were around today, would they still have tried to remain in the console space, despite the failure of the CD32?

The CD32 failed because they were too late getting into the console space. They had orders ready for US that fell through, and Canada ended up slowing down.

They sold well what they shipped in Europe but were supposed to produce more than what they shipped. I think they said they needed to produce and sell in total 350,000 units but only were able to produce about 100,000, so ran out of money and went bankrupt.

If they didn't release the console as a last second kneejerk and had prepared for it a year earlier they may have kept the company alive. My issue is even if they did manage to survive, and let's say they launched in 1992 and sold 1M hypothetically by 1994...

How would they compete with a follow up console? CD32's best 3D games were titles like Guardian, Armour Geddon, and Coala. with 2D that couldn't handle Gun Star Heroes complexity as is.

They would have had to drop the price of the CD32 to be cheap and replace it by end of 1995 with a stronger Amiga CD64 to keep up with the other mid90s consoles with a price no higher than $300. Commodore was just to late to the game. They needed the CDTV to have been the affordable game console instead of a $999 trainwreck without a real goal.

RAIDEN1

The CD32 failed because they were too late getting into the console space. They had orders ready for US that fell through, and Canada ended up slowing down.

They sold well what they shipped in Europe but were supposed to produce more than what they shipped. I think they said they needed to produce and sell in total 350,000 units but only were able to produce about 100,000, so ran out of money and went bankrupt.

If they didn't release the console as a last second kneejerk and had prepared for it a year earlier they may have kept the company alive. My issue is even if they did manage to survive, and let's say they launched in 1992 and sold 1M hypothetically by 1994...

How would they compete with a follow up console? CD32's best 3D games were titles like Guardian, Armour Geddon, and Coala. with 2D that couldn't handle Gun Star Heroes complexity as is.

They would have had to drop the price of the CD32 to be cheap and replace it by end of 1995 with a stronger Amiga CD64 to keep up with the other mid90s consoles with a price no higher than $300. Commodore was just to late to the game. They needed the CDTV to have been the affordable game console instead of a $999 trainwreck without a real goal.
When you consider though the CD-TV you then get reminded of the CD-i and how remarkable it is that it stuck around for a good 7/8 years! Despite the fact that it wasn't a capable games-machine....then again had Phillips made a point to Nintendo to have the Mario and Zelda licenced games on par with what you had on the SNES...I think the CD-i would have sold like hot-cakes .....instead of the diablocal entries in those 2 franchises it got instead....(I know going off topic here... :messenger_grinning_smiling:)

Last edited:
When you consider though the CD-TV you then get reminded of the CD-i and how remarkable it is that it stuck around for a good 7/8 years! Despite the fact that it wasn't a capable games-machine....then again had Phillips made a point to Nintendo to have the Mario and Zelda licensed games on par with what you had on the SNES...I think the CD-i would have sold like hot-cakes .....instead of the diablocal entries in those 2 franchises it got instead....(I know going off topic here... :messenger_grinning_smiling:)

CD-i wasn't a game console, CD-i was the actual CDs. The machines were only to play the CDs and games were one of the interactive mediums that you could control, along with photos, powerpoint slides, audio CDs and movies. It's why CD-i literally stands for "CD-Interactive".

Basically CD-i was trying to be DVD 7 years early and failed. Mostly because half of what you could do on CD-i ended up happening when CD-R improved anyway, Asia loved Video CD for piracy, and it's hardware was outdated at launch due to delays, that left CD-i for enthusiasts. The fact they sold one million of those may look impressive at first, but since the goal was to be under everyones TV it was a massive failure losing billions. It made sense they would keep trying to save the product to mitigate as much losses as possible. Not to mention the locked in hardware was made for 1988, CD-i was only about 2x stronger than a Master System with a disc-drive. A terrible gaming device.

The CDTV at the very least was compatible with Amiga 500/1000 games, and like them could also be expanded. CDTV would have been a capable gaming device if it was handled better, but at $999 that's way too much for a TV entertainment system and you haven't even brought any software yet or a second controller.

A CDTV is an expanded 500 with a disc drive. While $199 wouldn't have been possible in 1990-1991 unless you replaced the CD-drive with rom carts or floppies, $399 would have been doable keeping the drive. You could keep the benefits of the CD-player, and have some limited computer perks kept in but removing the rest. That would NOT sell 20M units worldwide but it would have sold millions and brought Commodore money, and by 1995 they could have had a strong new console ready to compere with PS1, 3DO, Saturn.

Reminds me of the Saturn, if Sega released it a year earlier it would have ended up doing better even if the PS1 would end up with better game graphics later on, and would have been cheaper.

I wish I had this patience.
Now do Atari ST, NEC's PC 88, 98, and PC Engine (TG-16), Acorn Archimedes, Philips CDi and as others have said, the add-ons (CD 32, CD TV, Mega CD and 32X)!

lionagony

Neo Member
But problems trying to have more complex gameplay than that (or number of animated sprites on he screen at once including bullets) smoothly.
Have you seen Mega Typhoon for OCS/ECS Amigas? Take a look at say 17:11 here The coder figured out a way to make a super intense shooter for the Amiga with only it's 8 sprites. As one of the commenters said it used a few coding tricks "But the big deal here is that EVERY enemy bullet is done with hardware sprites. The code is redrawing sprites all the time with the copper. Also, the game is running on Dual Playfield mode, even though not using Parallax at all. That's a trick other games have done. When doing that, you can blit stuff on the foreground without having to redraw the background, so you get double of the blitter time." I think this demonstrates that a Gunstar Heroes type game could be made for even OCS/ECS and definitely AGA. It's too bad Mega Typhoon didn't come out until 1996 so there was no time to build on the innovations.

lionagony

Neo Member
OK, agree with a lot of it but, the thing that gets me, where do you get the time for that?

I'd love to have the time to take this quest....
Yeah, I'm lucky to have a lot of time. I would usually play for a few hours almost every night after my daughter went to bed and then a lot on the weekends.

lionagony

Neo Member
I wish I had this patience.
Now do Atari ST, NEC's PC 88, 98, and PC Engine (TG-16), Acorn Archimedes, Philips CDi and as others have said, the add-ons (CD 32, CD TV, Mega CD and 32X)!
I did do CD32, Mega CD and 32X and they are a part of the list. Right now I'm a little over half way through the Turbo Grafx library and after that I think I'm just going to do the 2D PS1 games and call it a day. Saturn and N64 stuff doesn't work well on my TV emulation setup and it's not fast enough to do anything past PS1. At that point I'll have probably like 750+ games to go back to and complete so that gives me something to do for years.

lionagony

Neo Member
Well I've now gone through the whole Turbo-Grafx 16 / PC Engine / Turbo CD / Super CD / SuperGrafx library. Just a reminder that I'm making these lists from the perspective of someone most interested in action style games. I actually had a Turbo Grafx 16 as a kid along with my Amiga. Somehow I ended up losing it, still no idea how that happened. Anyways I enjoyed the system at the time, really loved multi-player TV Sports Hockey and had a friend who imported some Japanese games. Going through the library now what I'm most struck by is the huge fluctuation in graphical quality from game to game. Many have a real 8 bit look which doesn't appeal to me, but then you have amazing looking games like Ninja Spirit and Super Star Soldier.

The stereotype about the Turbo Grafx 16 being mainly for shmups is rather true. It's perplexing actually how good some of the shooters are and how fast and hectic they can be. I can't really figure out how with an 8 bit processor the shooters on the PC Engine were smoother and quicker than many of the full 16 bit rival systems. In the end I found 69 games that I will go back to, what I like to call my keepers. That's a lot less than the other systems, currently 312 Amiga, 202 SNES, 198 Genesis but there are still some quality games in there that I look forward to completing in the future. So here is the list: (the * is games also on the Amiga list)

Aero Blasters, Air Zonk, Blazing Lasers

*Bomberman, *Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge

Bonk III, Coryoon, Cyber Core, *Davis Cup Tennis

Dead Moon, Deep Blue, Final Soldier

JJ & Jeff, Jackie Chan, Keith Courage

Ninja Spirit, Override, *Saint Dragon

Salamander, Sinistron, Soldier Blade

Somer Assault, Splatterhouse, Street Fighter 2

Super Star Soldier, Truxton, *Turrican

*TV Sports Basketball, TV Sports Hockey, World Class Baseball

TURBO GRAFX 16 CD / SUPERGRAFX

1941, Ai Cho Aniki, Aldynes

Avenger, *Buster Bros, Castlevania Rondo of Blood

Cotton Fantastic, Daisenpuu (Twin Hawk), Download 2

Gates of Thunder, Ginga Fukei, Gradius 2

Hellfire, Image Fight 2, *Jim Power

Kaze Kiri, Kiaidan 00, *Lemmings

Lords of Thunder, Macross 2036, Nexzr

Psychic Storm, R-Type Complete, *Rainbow Islands

Rayxanber II, Rayxanber III, Shubibinman 3

Spriggan, Spriggan Mark 2, Strider

Summer Carnival 92, Super Air Zonk, Super Darius 2

Super Raiden, Sylphia, Terraforming

Valis the Fantasm Soldier, Zero Wing

I made a site for all of my lists so far:

Amiga Keeper List: https://sites.google.com/view/amigakeeperlist/home
SNES Keeper List: https://sites.google.com/view/sneskeeperlist/home
Genesis / Mega Drive Keeper List: https://sites.google.com/view/genesiskeeperlist/home
Turbo Grafx 16 / PC Engine Keeper List: https://sites.google.com/view/turbografx16keepers/home

My next and final goal is to try all the original Playstation's 2D games and make a list and then I will continue going back and playing through all the games on all the lists.

I have found a lot of ROM libraries to be redundant as there is almost always one version of a title that is head and shoulders above the rest. Also, I am curious as to why you are publicising this? Your tastes and judgements would not be of use to anyone else, especially when you do not give an inkling of description or visual reference for the titles in these lists.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Pc-Engine / Turbo is a small library with a good quality games. In 1990's the Amiga's sure volume of titles make that a stronger choice. Turbo games were very hard to get in North America. It's only now years later where I might change my mind knowing how many Japanese games there were. Importing games back then wasn't reasonable for most younger people.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Awesome post. I never played an Amiga game. I had a genesis and live in the states. After watching some videos the lack of sprites/animation and the orange/brown color palette just don't do it for me.

lionagony

Neo Member
Awesome post. I never played an Amiga game. I had a genesis and live in the states. After watching some videos the lack of sprites/animation and the orange/brown color palette just don't do it for me.
I can't argue with your preference but as a Genesis owner you might find it interesting that of the 878 games in the Genesis library the Amiga shared 186 of those so about 21%. Now some were better on the Amiga and some were better on the Genesis but I was shocked when I found out they had such overlap. Also 43 Genesis games were developed on the Amiga, that includes Another World, Battle Squadron, Bubba n' Stix, Bubble and Squeak, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune), Chuck Rock, Cyber-Cop Corporation, Dino Dini's Goal, European Club Soccer, Faery Tale Adventure, Fatal Rewind (Killing Game Show), Flashback, Gods, Humans, International Sensible Soccer, James Pond:Underwater Agent, James Pond 2:Robocod, Jim Power, Legend of Galahad (Leander), Lemmings, Lemmings 2, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Lotus 2, Mega-Lo-Mania, Mega SWIV, Mr Nutz 2 (unreleased for Genesis),
Nigel Mansell's Racing, Populous, Powermonger. Puggsy, Risky Woods, Sensible Soccer:European Champions, Shadow of the Beast, Shadow of the Beast 2, Speedball 2, Super Skidmarks, Sword of Sodan, Two Tribes: Populous 2, Universal Soldier (Turrican II), Wolfchild, Worms and Zool.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Also, I am curious as to why you are publicising this? Your tastes and judgements would not be of use to anyone else,

Strange take. The idea that one person's tastes and judgements are completely useless flies in the face of game discussion, and game reviews.

Because this guy obviously has some serious gaming notches on his belt, I would pay attention to his ASCII text opinion more than someone fishing for clicks on youtube. Especially if you want to play some old games, see a sea of ROMs and want a non-zero informed place to start. I'm guessing a large number of people in that boat share his preferences to go for the action/platform games and to skip most sports titles, so it's a much better place to start than going in blind.

It's really an insanely helpful post.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I can't argue with your preference but as a Genesis owner you might find it interesting that of the 878 games in the Genesis library the Amiga shared 186 of those so about 21%. Now some were better on the Amiga and some were better on the Genesis but I was shocked when I found out they had such overlap. Also 43 Genesis games were developed on the Amiga, that includes Another World, Battle Squadron, Bubba n' Stix, Bubble and Squeak, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune), Chuck Rock, Cyber-Cop Corporation, Dino Dini's Goal, European Club Soccer, Faery Tale Adventure, Fatal Rewind (Killing Game Show), Flashback, Gods, Humans, International Sensible Soccer, James Pond:Underwater Agent, James Pond 2:Robocod, Jim Power, Legend of Galahad (Leander), Lemmings, Lemmings 2, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Lotus 2, Mega-Lo-Mania, Mega SWIV, Mr Nutz 2 (unreleased for Genesis),
Nigel Mansell's Racing, Populous, Powermonger. Puggsy, Risky Woods, Sensible Soccer:European Champions, Shadow of the Beast, Shadow of the Beast 2, Speedball 2, Super Skidmarks, Sword of Sodan, Two Tribes: Populous 2, Universal Soldier (Turrican II), Wolfchild, Worms and Zool.
Flashback was one of my favorite Genesis titles!

Strange take. The idea that one person's tastes and judgements are completely useless flies in the face of game discussion, and game reviews.

Because this guy obviously has some serious gaming notches on his belt, I would pay attention to his ASCII text opinion more than someone fishing for clicks on youtube. Especially if you want to play some old games, see a sea of ROMs and want a non-zero informed place to start. I'm guessing a large number of people in that boat share his preferences to go for the action/platform games and to skip most sports titles, so it's a much better place to start than going in blind.

It's really an insanely helpful post.
But he did not inform them. He just gave out several dozen names attached only to the system they run on. Hell, even organizing them by genre and giving them a rating/ranking would have been a step up.

BlackTron

But he did not inform them. He just gave out several dozen names attached only to the system they run on. Hell, even organizing them by genre and giving them a rating/ranking would have been a step up.

The fact that they are on the list, IS the ranking. These are his "keepers" that he will return to.

If it has an asterisk, you know it is multiplatform and you can give the different versions a closer look. Again, this is starting from a much more informed place than going in blind.

"I played just about every game on this system, so you don't have to. These 69 are the ones I'll bother returning to. I've specified which are multiplatform"

"But you haven't told me anything!!!"

lionagony

Neo Member
Flashback was one of my favorite Genesis titles!
Nice. So you did play an Amiga game. Although to be fully transparent with Flashback in particular it's kind of confusing because it came out for the Amiga first in 1992 but was originally created for the Genesis although that version didn't come out until 1993, at least according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(1992_video_game) One major difference was "The Amiga version also had an option to zoom in on the action whenever Conrad opens fire. Due to criticism of the look, it was removed from all other versions, although an option to play the game zoomed in remained in the PC version."

Rodolink

amazing, and i thought I've played a lot of the Genesis and SNES catalogue.
looking forward for your PS1 2d games list.
and not sure if you have n64,ps1, Saturn in your plans?

The fact that they are on the list, IS the ranking. These are his "keepers" that he will return to.

If it has an asterisk, you know it is multiplatform and you can give the different versions a closer look. Again, this is starting from a much more informed place than going in blind.

"I played just about every game on this system, so you don't have to. These 69 are the ones I'll bother returning to. I've specified which are multiplatform"

"But you haven't told me anything!!!"
Here are 14 flavors of ice cream I recommend at Baskin-Robbins and I have marked the flavors you can find in your local super market with an asterics.
Vanilla*, Chocalate*, Strawberry*
Chocolate Mint*, Rocky Road*, Pistachio
Neapolitan*, Lemon Sorbet, Oreo S'mores
Baseball Nut, Cherries Jubilee, Chocalate Chip*
Jamoca, Reese's Peanut Butter*

This has been your absolutely useless guide to ice cream at Baskin-Robbins.

Last edited:

lionagony

Neo Member
amazing, and i thought I've played a lot of the Genesis and SNES catalogue.
looking forward for your PS1 2d games list.
and not sure if you have n64,ps1, Saturn in your plans?
Thanks. I like to play in Retroarch on my Chromecast on the TV so sadly Saturn and N64 games don't work very well throught that. Since the PS1 files are so big I have been going through an 11 hour video of all 4221 PS1 games and deciding from that which to try. I much prefer 2D games over 3D but also have a bunch of 3D on that list to try. I was going to just make my list with the 2D games since I'm not probably as good a judge of the 3D ones so maybe what I'll do is make a 2D PS1 list first and then the 3D PS1 afterwards with that caveat.

Thanks. I like to play in Retroarch on my Chromecast on the TV so sadly Saturn and N64 games don't work very well throught that. Since the PS1 files are so big I have been going through an 11 hour video of all 4221 PS1 games and deciding from that which to try. I much prefer 2D games over 3D but also have a bunch of 3D on that list to try. I was going to just make my list with the 2D games since I'm not probably as good a judge of the 3D ones so maybe what I'll do is make a 2D PS1 list first and then the 3D PS1 afterwards with that caveat.
You are really missing out on high level PS1 emulation features that reduce texture shimmering, update dithering effects, increase resolution, and create a smoother in motion post-processing image. They make the 3D titles look professionally remastered. They are GPU demanding, but if you nail the setup it makes it hard to go back. The 2D titles should play fine with a simple upresing filter on the other hand. The scaleFX stuff is king, but something simpler often works just as well.

P.S. I would not worry about not having enough space for PS1 titles as a quality title that holds up on the system is the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

lionagony

Neo Member
I've finished my Playstation 1 list of keeper 2D and 2.5D games from the perspective of an action fan who loves great graphics. This time I did things a little different since I only have a 64 GB USB stick for my main setup. I went through this whole 11 hour video of all 4221 PS1 games ever made and wrote down all the ones that looked good that I wanted to try. I then tried all of those and made my list of games I'll keep and go back to.

Although Sony of America were against 2D games in most instances thankfully Europe and especially Japan weren't and there are quite a few good titles. My favourites so far are The Adventures of Lomax and X2 because of the beautiful Amiga like art. I also really like Strider 2 and Einhander, those really feel like next gen games coming out of the 16 bit era. While watching the video I also wrote down the 3D games that I wanted to try so that will probably be my last list when I finally get through all those. So my 2D and 2.5D list is 115 games and here it is:

Adventures of Little Ralph, Adventures of Lomax, Alfred Chicken

Animorphs, Castlevania Chronicles, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

College Slam, CT Special Forces, CT Special Forces 2

CT Special Forces 3, Darius Gaiden, Davis Cup Tennis

DoDonPachi, DonPachi, Dragon Heart

Dynasty Warriors, Earthworm Jim 2, Einhander

Fuuun Gokuu Ninden, G-Darius, Gaia Seed

Gekioh Shooting King, Gex, Goemon: Shin Sedai

Gradius Gaiden, Great Battle VI, Gunbare Goemon Ooedo

Harmful Park, Heart of Darkness, Herc's Adventures

Hermie Hopperhead, Hugo, In the Hunt, Iron Man

Irritating Stick, Jikkyou Parodius, Johnny Bazookatone

Kaettekita Cyborg, Kaisoku Tenshi

Kitchen Panic, Kirikou, Klonoa

Kyoro Chan, Kyuiin, Lemmings

Lucky Luke, Macross: Do You Remember Love, Mad Stalker

Mega Man 8, Mega Man X3, Mega Man X4

Mega Man X5, Mega Man X6, Metal Slug

Metal Slug X, Mickey's Wild Adventure, Mobile Light Force

Monkey Magic, Night Raid, Norse by Norsewest

Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey, Parappa the Rapper

Parodius, Peter Pan, Pink Panther

Philosoma, Pinobee, Pocket Fighter

Punky Skunk, Raiden Project, Rapid Angel

Rapid Reload, Rayman, Robocod

R-Type Delta, Salamander Deluxe, Sexy Parodius

Simple 1500: Table Hockey, Shooter: Space Shot, Silhouette Mirage

Skeleton Warriors, Skull Monkeys, Soccer Kid

Sol Divide, Sonic Wings Special, Soukyuu Gurentai

Stahlfeder, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3

Strider, Strider 2, Strikers 1945

Strikers 1945 II, Tarzan, Thunder Force V, Tigger's Honey Hunt

Time Bokan Desu Yo, Time Bokan Ippatsu, Tintin

Toaplan Shooting Battle, Tomba, Two Tenkaku

Umihara Kawase, Vib Ribbon, Viewpoint

Whizz, Who Wants to be Millionaire 2nd Ed, Who Wants to be Millionaire 3rd Ed

Wild 9, Wolf Fang, Wonder 3

Worms, Worms Armageddon, X2

X Men Mutant Academy 2, Zanac x Zanac

Mathmatically true, even at the time it was evident there was a lot of dross put out to cash in on the psx success. But if only 10% "hold up" that is probably equal numbers to the entire n64 library.

There were so many games I bet I could go back and spend 5 years playing games I never heard of and have a blast across most genres.

ETA: Whoops, sorry about that. Mistook the YT post above for a specifically curated video on 2d PS games.

Last edited:

lionagony

Neo Member
So the last step in my journey was to try all the 3D PS1 games and see which I would keep on a list and go back to as an action fan who prioritizes great graphics. Before this year I'd never used a Playstation in real life or in emulation. I'm not as into 3D games as 2D but I actually found 111 that I liked. There are a lot of good racing games since that really lends itself to 3D and also a lot of good soccer and hockey games on the PS1 in my opinion. The games I'm most excited to go back and play more are Formula One 99, EOS: Edge of Skyhigh and Tomba 2. It was cool to see so many Psygnosis games since their foundation was on the Amiga and also Core and Gremlin etc.

So now in a little less than a year I've gone through and quickly tried the entire catalogues of the major gaming systems of the 90's. During this time I've also been going back to my other keeper lists and playing through a lot of those games. My main emulation setup on my TV doesn't play Saturn or N64 games but I have tried some on my computer. I've also looked a little bit into the 3DO library, the Neo Geo, the Jaguar, the Dreamcast etc. but I don't think any of them would rival the main systems at least in terms of numbers of keeper games for me.

Although I'm adding some games to the lists as I come across something I missed or something new comes out (just added the great new shmup Reshoot Proxima III to the Amiga list) the final numbers today are:

Amiga keepers (316) https://sites.google.com/view/amigakeeperlist/home
SNES keepers (202) https://sites.google.com/view/sneskeeperlist/home
Genesis keepers (198) https://sites.google.com/view/genesiskeeperlist/home
Turbo Grafx 16 keepers (69) https://sites.google.com/view/turbografx16keepers/home
PS1 2D keepers (121) https://sites.google.com/view/ps12dkeepers/home

Now if you add the following 111 PS1 3D keepers that is a total of 232 PS1 games. Thus, the Amiga is the clear winner, at least for me, 316 games and counting There are some great Amiga games hopefully to come in the pipeline like Boss Machine and Krogharr. The upcoming Earthion also looks good for the Genesis. It's been great fun to go through all these games and make the lists and hopefully someone got something out of me sharing the process.

Here is my list of 111 3D PS1 keeper games:

1xtreme, 007 Racing, Actua Ice Hockey

Actua Soccer 2, Air Race Championship, Aqua GT

Army Men 3D, Atlantis, ATV Mania

C The Contra Adventure, C-12 Final Resistance, CART World Series

Championship Motocross 2001, Colin McRae Rally, Colony Wars 3

Contra Legacy of War, Crash Bandicoot 3, Crash Team Racing

Dare Devil Derby, David Beckham Soccer, Destruction Derby

Destruction Derby 2, Disruptor, Doom

Dragon Valor, Driver, Driver 2

Eliminator, EOS: Edge of Skyhigh, Expendable

F1 2000, FIFA 2005, Firebugs

Formula One 99, Galaga Destination Earth, Gex: Enter the Gecko

Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo 2, Gunbare! Game Tengoku

Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone, Hugo Evil Mirror

Hugo Quest Sunstone, Hydro Thunder, ISS Pro Evolution 2000

Jackie Chan, Jet Moto 3, Kingsley's Adventures

Krazy Ivan, Land Before Time Return, Legacy of Kain

Libero Grande, Lilo & Stitch, Lion King

Loaded, London Racer, Looney Tunes Racing

Looney Tunes Sheep Raider, Lost World, Love & Destroy

Lucky Luke: Western Fever, Machine Hunter, Metal Gear Solid

Michael Schumacher Racing, Micro Machines V3, Micro Maniacs

MLB 2005, Mort the Chicken, MTV Sports Snowboarding

N20: Nitrous Oxide, Nascar Thunder 2004, NBA Live 2003

Need for Speed Porsche, Newman Haas Racing, NHL 2001

NHL Powerplay 98, No Fear Downhill Mountain Bike, Novastorm