• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megadimension Neptunia VII coming to PC this summer, adds 60fps

mankoto

The game, initially launched for PlayStation 4 in February, includes all the features of the original release, including new characters, three worlds to save and three stories to play, a new transformation mode, an updated battle system, and a new dungeon mini-game. The PC version also adds options to run the game at 60 frames per second, to use the original Japanese voice-overs, and will feature bundles of the original downloadable content to purchase.

Thanks, Gematsu

Yay more weeb shit, well to be fair this is actually a pretty good game so I might pick this up when it goes on sale. I enjoyed the three rebirth games even though it made me look like a total weeb.

Mcdohl

Yay more weeb shit, well to be fair this is actually a pretty good game so I might pick this up when it goes on sale. I enjoyed the three rebirth games even though it made me look like a total weeb.

So what if you look like a total weeb?

Learn to have fun man.
Or play when you're alone, that's the secret ;)

Grief.exe

I don't even know what these games are, but they seem to be quite successful on PC and seem to put some nice features into the ports.

SerTapTap

"Adds 60 FPS" lol I know it's in the press release, but the PS4 game is 60 FPS 99% of the time. Only the ruined city and sakura tree areas tank framerate.

Frankly the PR release is...kinda bad. It's a straight port it sounds like, most of those features are simply parts of the game. And it doesn't need to be much but a straight port, since the game is great and has no particular limitations unlike the PS3 and Vita releases.

Cool it's coming to PC of course. They should really just be upfront about their scheduling from now on though. Everyone knows the PC versions are coming, just give a timetable.

OmegaDL50

I don't even know what these games are, but they seem to be quite successful on PC and seem to put some nice features into the ports.

Console style RPG series.

The original game's premise was making light of the console war. The world in is called Gamindustri and it's about 4 Goddesses fighting a never ending war to determine who would become the true goddess. Blackheart / Noire based on Playstation, Whiteheart / Blanc based on the Wii, Greenheart / Vert which was the Xbox, and Purpleheart / Neptune which represented Sega.

Three of the four goddess decide to agree on a plan that ousts one of the competition permanently from the war, so Blackheart, Greenheart, and Whiteheart banish Purpleheart to the world below. It's a complicated series of wacky events that are mainly nonsensical at times with various references to other video games and characters named after specific series / development companies.

Even the in-game four continents that is sort of the dominion / territory of one of the four goddess have names are blatant references. Lastation, Neptunia, Lowee, and Greenbox.

I played the original on PS3 a few years ago which by metric is a terrible game in comparison to the Re:Birth series which are basically remakes with the same plotline but overall refined mechanics and gameplay.

DJ_Lae

I own a few of the Neptunia games and have enjoyed them to a point, but I also feel a bit dirty playing them. I will probably buy this too.

Jeffrey

wonder how its going to be priced. The other games were ports of vita games, while this is a port of a $60 ps4 game?

Going to be curious if its going to have a $15 launch sale like the other ones lol.

Yaaaaaaasssssssss.

Time for More Nep Nep.

Too bad they changed Verts VA, it weirded me out the entire time on ps4.

It'll take some time to get used to after how good Tara was in that role, new girl has big shoes to fill.

Tohsaka

wonder how its going to be priced. The other games were ports of vita games, while this is a port of a $60 ps4 game?

Going to be curious if its going to have a $15 launch sale like the other ones lol.

I doubt it will be that cheap, since the other games came out like a year after the Vita version and this one just released on PS4 in February.

is this the sega hard girls crossover?

No, that's getting localized on Vita this fall. It'll probably come to Steam next year.

Eila

I expect the price to be maybe $40 with a 25% discount? I dunno.
I bought the first 3 just cause, lol. Haven't even played more than an hour of the first one.

is this the sega hard girls crossover?

No, that one has yet to be released on the west. I mean I imagine it'll eventually get ported to PC, but this is not it.
These are the 3 games that are yet to be announced for steam release, not counting the first 3 PS3 games that were re-made for Vita and then ported to PC.

• Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
  • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
  • Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls

Btw, there is no Broccoli in this game?

ezodagrom

Sales have declined significantly with each new release.
The older the game is, the bigger and more discounts it had.
The 2 latest games to be released are spin-offs, so it's no surprise less people will be interested in them than in the main series.
There's been a rather short time between releases, 3 main games and 2 spin-offs in slightly over an year, that gotta have an effect on sales.
Taking all of this into consideration, their sales have been pretty decent for niche games.

Marow

The older the game is, the bigger and more discounts it had.
The 2 latest games to be released are spin-offs, so it's no surprise less people will be interested in them than in the main series.
There's been a rather short time between releases, 3 main games and 2 spin-offs in slightly over an year, that gotta have an effect on sales.
Taking all of this into consideration, their sales have been pretty decent for niche games.
Exactly this. The two spinoffs also kinda appeared out of nowhere within a month of each other, it felt like.

Most importantly though - like every other time "bad sales" talk crop up in regards to Steam - is that most games don't need to sell million copies to be considered a success.

Top Bottom