• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

Trying to prevent power roles from getting outed, and also trying to prevent a situation like the Hider dying N1 in a mysterious fisting accident without anyone having any idea how or why.

Tbf, I think your 12 hours is a bit on the early side. There is still plenty of time for the votes to move from you without claiming, which is of course a way better outcome. Something like 2 or 1 hour before deadline is better imo.

Eh never mind kristoffer... Next time for you

VOTE: Hobohodo

Why is your name so hard to spell? Where did you go? I think you might be scum...

Palmer_v1

I'll bite, cause I'm bored.

1. What do you want out of Day 1?

An end.

2. How would you describe your playstyle? (if you're new here, have you played mafia anywhere else before? How would you like to approach this game?)

Typically a frequent poster, who I guess can be hard to read based on the last few games. I like to speculate. Tend to play devil's advocate a lot.

3. What is the best album of 2016 so far?

I honestly can't name an album off the top of my head.

4. What is the best song of 2016 so far?

Lost Boy is stuck in my head all the goddamn time.

You know what kills me? Hobohodo with his very lazy, reticent way of contributing, and Seath getting his one post in that contributed jack. Seath, you all will remember, was the crazy multi role claiming attention addict in Season 3. But it's Hobohodo's simple "see, I'm contributing" post that makes me think he's trying to hide.

Unvote: Freakinchair
Vote: Hobohodo

Palmer_v1

Tbf, I think your 12 hours is a bit on the early side. There is still plenty of time for the votes to move from you without claiming, which is of course a way better outcome. Something like 2 or 1 hour before deadline is better imo.

Time zones though. I kinda prefer if everyone has an opportunity to respond to a new role claim.

You know what kills me? Hobohodo with his very lazy, reticent way of contributing, and Seath getting his one post in that contributed jack. Seath, you all will remember, was the crazy multi role claiming attention addict in Season 3. But it's Hobohodo's simple "see, I'm contributing" post that makes me think he's trying to hide.

Unvote: Freakinchair
Vote: Hobohodo

You aren't off my list, but I think you are correct...

You aren't off my list, but I think you are correct...
Thanks. I didn't see your post before I wrote mine, actually. I'm going to push for this really, really hard, because this has always been the clearest indicator for scum. It was how Haly played in Archer, Oceanic Air played in Star Wars, etc. Everything else is a riskier "evidence".

okay, but why did you want to cast a vote?

*THIS vote in particular

fuck this no editing, I need to actually think about things

I'll bite, cause I'm bored.

1. What do you want out of Day 1?

An end.

2. How would you describe your playstyle? (if you're new here, have you played mafia anywhere else before? How would you like to approach this game?)

Typically a frequent poster, who I guess can be hard to read based on the last few games. I like to speculate. Tend to play devil's advocate a lot.

I honestly can't name an album off the top of my head.

Lost Boy is stuck in my head all the goddamn time.

thx luv u

roytheone

Thanks. I didn't see your post before I wrote mine, actually. I'm going to push for this really, really hard, because this has always been the clearest indicator for scum. It was how Haly played in Archer, Oceanic Air played in Star Wars, etc. Everything else is a riskier "evidence".

We are barely an hour into day 1. We can't tell how people play yet.

Palmer_v1

*THIS vote in particular

fuck this no editing, I need to actually think about things

thx luv u

If you edit within 60 seconds, it leaves no mark and nobody will ever know.*

Note that this may or may not be sanctioned by the mods and I may or may not be guilty of it myself.

Fuck the police! Riot.

Can't be bothered to individually respond to all the quotes so I'll just give a general response: every single time people try to push the "D1 is important!!" meme and every single time it's BS. People act like D1 will be some goldmine of info and then D2 rolls around and somebody outs something new and everyone forgets the previous day anyway.
Eh, D1 vote spread pretty much outed the remaining scum in 2.5, as far as I'm concerned. Voting results are crazy important and when games take as long as they do here I think the town spilling blood is well worth that info.

That said, I still hate D1. I think we could get all the same utility from a 24 hour D1 phase. I'll second the request to shorten if that's at all possible.

Just be very careful when doing this. Remember that if we can pick up on it, so can scum. Scum is even more likely to pick up on it since they (probably) have a group chat.
I think breadcrumbs are better used for backing up your eventual claim. Even after you out and quote all your crumbs most people will be suspicious or not even realize what is happening. Unless you're actually begging for attention probably no one picks up subtle ones.

Well, just in case Scraftydevil didn't realize it was an option, this is me begging you to reconsider.

48 hour Day 1 is plenty of time.

Momentum.

Vote: Freakinchair

I will remove this vote if necessary. I agree with Palmer that there's no reason to unnecessarily speed up the day phase but we can all agree we definitely need to lynch Day 1.
Wut?
https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1435760822ra/15375532.gif[/IMG

well it was a good run. i was hoping to get through the whole day coasting on recycled sorian posts from batman but it seems i've been DISCOVERED

Now to be serious: all three games I've played so far have gotten a townie lynched on D1, and usually mafia are pushing it the hardest, so you know what? I say no lynch. We never get it right, it's inherently dumb due to complete randomness, and removing one possible candidate from the suspect pool isn't worth the rest of the negatives it brings.

[highlightVOTE: No Lynch[/QUOTE]
A self imposed posting restriction
Should ideally focus your diction
Not simply rehash
Our blasts from the past,
And not to mention be total plagiarism, in a really obvious way, fam.

So, like....why are you deliberately aggravating the town instead of helping? If you put a target on your own back like that, you could very well end up as Option #2 on everyones lynch list, and get lost after a last minute role claim by Option #1. I wouldn't stop you, but I hope that would be an acceptable outcome for town. And I'm not asking.

Immediately jumping to his defense. If Hobo's mafia, you're next.

Easy there tiger. Roy may or may not be scum, but he is always levelheaded.

That being said there is no reason why day one should go the whole four days. It's what scum wants. Let us get complacent and allows them to more clearly dictate who we lunch day one

roytheone

I think breadcrumbs are better used for backing up your eventual claim. Even after you out and quote all your crumbs most people will be suspicious or not even realize what is happening. Unless you're actually begging for attention probably no one picks up subtle ones.

I don't like breadcrumbing who you are going to target, that is to risky for to little reward imo. Breadcrumbing powers and who you have targeted are fine if you are very, very careful. A good example how not to do it is Ty4on in batman that was waaay to obvious with his cop breadcrumb. Scum picked that up immediately.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only time I've seen breadcrumbing work is in Archer and that's only because Darryl had access to a separate chat and could collude securely.

More often the "breadcrumbs" are some kind of desperate bluff. New players, if you have THE POWER do whatever you can to hide it.

Kevyt

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

Ariana Grande - Into You

okay bored now

let me pre-empt your inevitable wrong responses:
'omg stop fake contributing NF'
'#scumtell'
'Blarg is stoopid'
'Katy Perry is actually really talented and the voice of our generation'
'VOTE: Never Forever'

tumblr_nx1okiMQDv1tg72yro3_250.gif

lol bye

#dangerouswoman

tumblr_n5uzdtzNuw1qanwe4o2_r2_500.gif

Palmer_v1

I don't like breadcrumbing who you are going to target, that is to risky for to little reward imo. Breadcrumbing powers and who you have targeted are fine if you are very, very careful. A good example how not to do it is Ty4on in batman that was waaay to obvious with his cop breadcrumb. Scum picked that up immediately.

To be fair, that's also partly because Ordinary Town aren't picking up any slack. It's okay to bait scum into wasting a NK on you if you're ordinary. Don't actively lie about anything, cause that's almost always more harmful to town.

Easy there tiger. Roy may or may not be scum, but he is always levelheaded.

That being said there is no reason why day one should go the whole four days. It's what scum wants. Let us get complacent and allows them to more clearly dictate who we lunch day one

Could this be the slip up of a beast?
lupe1.png

Honestly although the vote on Kris was a joke, I'm really leaning towards him now.

- "From my role pm" - This is teh biggest thing for me probably. Goes out of his way to make it seem like he is directly quoting his role pm. Why would he do that and risk breaking a rule? Also, he couldve easily just pointed to the pm in the op.

- Immediately trying to throw suspicion on Roy

- Wondering if the thing between him and Zipped is a cover for two scum.

Honestly although the vote on Kris was a joke, I'm really leaning towards him now.

- "From my role pm" - This is teh biggest thing for me probably. Goes out of his way to make it seem like he is directly quoting his role pm. Why would he do that and risk breaking a rule? Also, he couldve easily just pointed to the pm in the op.

Hey, good points. I was worried that saying "from the PM at the top" would have implied that I was a power role. Honestly, I just wanted to point out the language, but no choice of words was optimum, in retrospect. Obviously it couldn't have broken a rule because it was already supplied to everyone. And at this point I clearly just made a rookie mistake about the language we use in Gafia now.

Throwing suspicion at Roy is just my hyperaggressive style. You remember Archer, right? I was town and still played like that.

Not a whole lot to prove I'm not colluding with Zipped. All I can say is that if I were Mafia, I'd avoid any connections whatsoever.

I hope that mollifies your concerns.
I also hope we can be friends this game.

And by friends I mean bonded by the blood.

Kevyt

tumblr_inline_o56hxizsLA1ripgeb_500.gif

DTF?

VOTE: Seath

Why did you vote for Ri'Orious? What do you think we should be doing D1? Who is Seath?

The people want to know.

I don't know, I just wanted to vote for someone.

Hello dear Hunter, I am whoever you want me to be, :)

tumblr_nlx8defwuB1syqz7zo1_500.gif

Also, that Arianna Grande shilling...

Seath, you seem unprepared.

You are not dressed for the occasion. You say nothing, but won't shut up. You wander in your usual rather suspicious manner and attract hate and the impact of rotten vegetables.

I will ask this. Do you have a plan? For if not, I urge you to recall the gifts you received from your faerie ancestors and join in scumhunting. You are not incapable.

Mazre

What a terrible night Day 1 to have a curse.

Pro-lynch
Ambivalent about ending early - I'd be surprised/impressed if we could coordinate 13 players into voting 1 way and getting them all to cast those votes in a meaningfully early fashion, but by all means have at it; to be honest the current projected cycle of day ends on the weekends suits me best
I tend to contribute where I can and am generally unconcerned about post counts.

On that note I will be somewhat limited during the week, generally available between 5-10PM EDT on weekdays.

Kevyt

Seath, you seem unprepared.

You are not dressed for the occasion. You say nothing, but won't shut up. You wander in your usual rather suspicious manner and attract hate and the impact of rotten vegetables.

I will ask this. Do you have a plan? For if not, I urge you to recall the gifts you received from your faerie ancestors and join in scumhunting. You are not incapable.

Who died and made you king???

It does feel like a very toothless threat coming from Zipped.

Could this be the slip up of a beast?
lupe1.png

Hardly, if I was scum yelling at scum it sure wouldn't be here on day 1. Besides Hobohodo IS scum, so when I'm right everyone will know.

Zeke and haly... The magic 8 ball says "outlook cloudy ask again later"

Seath is as hilarious as I remember him.

Seath, I'd like to personally lobby you to vote for Hobohodo. As you hold no preference, this change costs you nothing, and I also think I have a relatively compelling reason to vote for him. If you do, I'll vote whichever way you do for Day 2. In addition, I promise you 3 million blood echoes.

Haly

Zzzz slow thread

Hasn't posted:
01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
02 [m] Verelios - New
04 [m] MickD - New
08 [m] Freakinchair
09 [m] Ri'Orius
11 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
12 [m] flatearthpandas
15 [m] Rynam
16 [m] johnnyquicknives

There's at least 2-3 mafia in there for sure.

Kevyt

We don't talk about that game.

Why not? ;-;

Seath is as hilarious as I remember him.

Seath, I'd like to personally lobby you to vote for Hobohodo. As you hold no preference, this change costs you nothing, and I also think I have a relatively compelling reason to vote for him. If you do, I'll vote whichever way you do for Day 2. In addition, I promise you 3 million blood echoes.

No.

3 million blood echoes won't even get me to level 150, so no.

Verelios

The only time I've seen breadcrumbing work is in Archer and that's only because Darryl had access to a separate chat and could collude securely.

More often the "breadcrumbs" are some kind of desperate bluff. New players, if you have THE POWER do whatever you can to hide it.
I'd assume breadcrumbing is just really hard to be subtle about.

Zzzz slow thread

Hasn't posted:
01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
02 [m] Verelios - New
04 [m] MickD - New
08 [m] Freakinchair
09 [m] Ri'Orius
11 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
12 [m] flatearthpandas
15 [m] Rynam
16 [m] johnnyquicknives

There's at least 2-3 mafia in there for sure.

You're really bad at tracking information. A bunch of those names have showed up since day start, some on this very page, like pandas up there.

I mean, my current vote on you is a joke, but I'm certainly not motivated to find the highlight tags and move it. Perhaps you could try again, with more accuracy?

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting earlier, it's been a busy day. Then again, day one is usually very uneventful, as we normally make blind accusations until we decide to Lynch someone randomly, sometimes with good reasoning but most of the times it's based off of some random events that occur one hour before the end of the day phase.

So, I think I'll vote to try to get some discussion going.

Vote: Never Forever

Why did you take the questionnaire idea from the Danny phantom game?

I personally don't see how that helps us find scum. I do think that we as community should add one to sign ups next season to get a feel for what both new and returning players like and prioritize, but as far as an in game scum hunting tool I don't think it's very effective.

Haly

You're really bad at tracking information. A bunch of those names have showed up since day start, some on this very page, like pandas up there.

I mean, my current vote on you is a joke, but I'm certainly not motivated to find the highlight tags and move it. Perhaps you could try again, with more accuracy?
Updated.

II-Vanguard-II
MickD
Freakinchair
Rynam
johnnyquicknives

Updated.

II-Vanguard-II
MickD
Freakinchair
Rynam
johnnyquicknives

That seems in line with my mental tally.

Chair posted just before day start, so I'm sure he'll be around as his schedule permits. Two noobs, rynam, and johnny.

Is this your day one top scum list? Based on people not showing up? Cause that's fine if true, but I'd need more convincing to worry about people when it hasn't been a full 24 hours. Also I think scum are likely to have at least one highly active poster, who would probably arrive early. Even someone who doesn't normally get much time tends to make a bit more effort when they have a team relying on them.

Top Bottom