• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

Has anyone else been transformed to kin? If Roy's the only one then that confirms 2 other Cultists who can assign 1 KB each. He would've gotten 4 on N1 then 5 on N2.

Jumping to conclusions there Haly. There could be another one that gives 3 but can't target the same target as mazre on the same night. Or other combinations.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jumping to conclusions there Haly. There could be another one that gives 3 but can't target the same target as mazre on the same night. Or other combinations.
That's just bad game design. If this is what Scrafty did I'm going to send him a very sternly worded PM. There's an infinite number of combinations but only a handful I can see being approved for a game.

squidyj

no actually kris i'm using information to reach conclusions, and the logical conclusion is it's unlikely that he's lying about being eileen as a non-town non-killing role so not killing is not something that is exceptionally suspicious for him. If he's lying he's still far more likely a killing role than not. feel free to throw your vote away and waste your time if you want but don't dismiss what i'm saying with some bullshit 'meta analysis herp derp' handwave.

Verelios

only 6 votes out of 24 leaves plenty of room for scum to vote for someone else.
This is fair. I was pushing hard for Verelios and objected loudly to Mazre being lynched. All I can say is that I didn't expect an inactive to be anything but a false lynch. Also, I was certainly open to voting for him for much of the day and had a vote on him for a short time.
Yeaaaaaahhh, about that
Mickd, we're one vote away from tying verelios with Mazre. Please vote.
Nice try. It's been said multiple times in this thread that scum like to just coast by, yet here we are, saying an inactive probably isn't scum. Weird thing to stan for no?
Kristoffer said:
I think anyone who voted for me last day is fair. That means nudull or verelios. I think Freakinchair is also a justifiable vote but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think lynching me is also a good choice because I hate you all and want out of this nightmare.
Uh huh, I also think lynching you is a great idea but I'm afraid other's won't, even when you're flagrantly on the side of scum.

People who voted for you are scum? Uh, why so? Does that even make sense? You were bussing for a majority vote pretty hard, not to mention trying to direct people to vote for me instead of Mazre. How's your team chat going though? Busy?

Nudull

Banned
Well, crap. We're not doing too bad with scum-slaying, so far. :)

Hunh
Vote: nudull

What's your beef, Squidy? I assure you, my D2 vote was amittedly hasty (and I didn't keep accurate count of the votes at the time) and I take full responsibility for any suspicions that may have caused. You have no reason to fear me.

Nudull - based on too many people going for you.

If what you say is true, then you really are awfully hellbent on getting rid of me. Care to share something outside of an inactivity theory?

squidyj

Well, crap. We're not doing too bad with scum-slaying, so far. :)

What's your beef, Squidy? I assure you, my D2 vote was amittedly hasty (and I didn't keep accurate count of the votes at the time) and I take full responsibility for any suspicions that may have caused. You have no reason to fear me.

If what you say is true, then you really are awfully hellbent on getting rid of me. Care to share something outside of an inactivity theory?

I'm not afraid of you, it's just you're scum and we need to get rid of you to win the game, nothing personal.

no actually kris i'm using information to reach conclusions, and the logical conclusion is it's unlikely that he's lying about being eileen as a non-town non-killing role so not killing is not something that is exceptionally suspicious for him. If he's lying he's still far more likely a killing role than not. feel free to throw your vote away and waste your time if you want but don't dismiss what i'm saying with some bullshit 'meta analysis herp derp' handwave.
giphy.gif

Squidyj is salty because his man-crush Palmer_vHunkSupreme bit the dust last night.
accusations
I stand accused, but I am not amused!

Anyway, can someone summarize the case for voting nudull today? I might switch my vote. Seath and I were discussing in the scum chat last night and we thought he would be a good distraction today after we converted roy.

Nudull

Banned
Right now it's either you or chair, one of you is lying however its more likely that chair is telling the truth based on last nights events.

Chair clearly wants to make enemies with me, even now, and I'm sure there's more going on with that than just poking the inactives and newbies.

Right now it's either you or chair, one of you is lying however its more likely that chair is telling the truth based on last nights events.

Does one of them have to be scum? Chair made a shot and claims he was blocked. Which is not that unexpected an outcome if he's town, unless there was no chance at all of him hitting scum.

It does put quite a bit of suspicion on the potential candidates, but it doesn't confirm that one or the other is scum.

Secondly - I know scum didn't kill Ezekel. I know this because I'm the one who killed him as I am a Hunter of Hunters. I don't want to go into too much detail on my powers but I am town aligned and my task is to hunt the blood addled beasts plaguing Yharnam.

Two anti-town factions revealed so far, neither of them fit the description of blood-addled beasts. Want to share some more info, Chair? Are we meant to believe there is another? I could or could not believe this, wondering if there's any more relevant info to share.

Nightly death count still suggests only a single killing faction.

Freakinchair roleblocked, as predicted. Did anyone watch him last night? I think now is a good time to speak up.

Also, to finish yesterday's task...

Vote: Verelios

One question: why did mafia target Palmer? Because they new chair would be doctor protected?
Pretty big assumption to make. Kills could have been protected. Chair could have killed Palmer. He could have retained from killing. By now he has claimed what he actually did but I see zero use in you making such strong assumptions so early.

You win the game by converting all players to the ways of the Old Ones. Each night, you may PM ScraftyDevil with the command WHISPER: <NAME>, <NAME> to give two players 2 KB points apiece. Once a player has received a total of 5 KB, they will be transformed into Kin of the Cosmos and bring you one step closer to erasing the world’s dreadful ignorance.
So kin does nothing? No change to win condition? From mazre's role pm and the fact that we have any kin at all, it's clear that we have more people in this faction. It appears to be a neutral faction. With no obvious kill, I'm not sure it even qualifies as a threat to town. But it certainly doesn't seem friendly.

I imagine Mensis members would want to not vote people who have kb and vote out people who don't. So that's about ask i could see reading into mazre's votes.

MickD

Fantastic (sarcasm).. The guy (Palmer) trying to ban everyone together last minute to get me lynched gets killed. Looks great on me. I’d like to point that out before anyone else does.

We need to look more into Mensis school and Kin - Like Squidyj said, Fauxesfka could be involved? Also - like you said Mazre had very little/no possibility of winning, which seemed near impossible after PM revel. As flatearthpandas said Kin doesn’t not seem like a good thing but it has no effect on Roy? Can you shed any other info Roy?

So, at the VERY least 2 Scum teams confirmed..

People shouldn’t be mistrusting Chair, yet... do you guys honestly believe he is making up his role? I’d like to see ONE night go by before asking more questions. It seems like that would be a crazy ruse if he is making up his role. If he was “blocked” from a kill (like he says) why wouldn’t it be a good thing to keep him around to make things happen for us in the future? I’m not saying I trust him 100% yet either though, but would be cool to keep him around if he is telling the truth. Highly unlikely he’s lying.

Vote: johnnyquicknives

Two anti-town factions revealed so far, neither of them fit the description of blood-addled beasts. Want to share some more info, Chair? Are we meant to believe there is another? I could or could not believe this, wondering if there's any more relevant info to share.

Nightly death count still suggests only a single killing faction.

Pretty big assumption to make. Kills could have been protected. Chair could have killed Palmer. He could have retained from killing. By now he has claimed what he actually did but I see zero use in you making such strong assumptions so early.

So kin does nothing? No change to win condition? From mazre's role pm and the fact that we have any kin at all, it's clear that we have more people in this faction. It appears to be a neutral faction. With no obvious kill, I'm not sure it even qualifies as a threat to town. But it certainly doesn't seem friendly.

I imagine Mensis members would want to not vote people who have kb and vote out people who don't. So that's about ask i could see reading into mazre's votes.

I would consider the holy church to fit the description - regular looking people that turn into beasts when attacked/killed. Could have been just flavor text.

You can doubt my intentions but so far I've only voted to lynch "anti" town players and managed to put a target on my back. The fact that I was blocked is much more advantageous to town considering I probably saved a cop / more beneficial role than what I can do. Also - there is 100% more Mensis members based on the role pm reveal.

Haly

The fact that I was blocked is much more advantageous to town considering I probably saved a cop / more beneficial role than what I can do.

Could you explain how do you think you saved a cop/role?

Fantastic (sarcasm).. The guy (Palmer) trying to ban everyone together last minute to get me lynched gets killed. Looks great on me. I’d like to point that out before anyone else does.

Was anyone planning on pointing this out? Seems a bit preemptively defensive. You weren't even the only person he was scum reading at eod.

Camjo-Z

I don't get the Mazre vote either. Like Kris said if he was scum wouldn't he be posting more?

You know, I wasn't totally sure why MickD felt the need to throw in his two cents regarding Mazre near the end of D2. He was wasting his vote on me, clearly he didn't care who got lynched, right? Then I saw that big post of his just above this one where he actually starts playing the game, as though like the stakes have raised for him and he can't afford to coast anymore... shucks, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's one of the neutrals!

That's just bad game design. If this is what Scrafty did I'm going to send him a very sternly worded PM. There's an infinite number of combinations but only a handful I can see being approved for a game.

scrafty is a she

modkill

MODKIIIIIILL!!!!!!!

Was anyone planning on pointing this out? Seems a bit preemptively defensive. You weren't even the only person he was scum reading at eod.

He scum read basically anyone who ever said anything negative about him or voted him for any reason. Pretty much no info from that and probably why he was targeted, imo.

Haly

In fairness the mod's preferred pronoun isn't on the list!

Freakinchair, can you explain more about hearing you were roleblocked? That's not a normal thing to hear. Right now your claim looks fishy, because one kill per night is totally normal, just from the standard Mafia. So your claim is that Mafia was conveniently blocked in some way on night one, and you were conveniently blocked by roleblock specifically on night two. Why should we believe that over the thought that you're not town? You could even be healing church trying a bold gambit involving bussing someone day one for cred. But it's also plausible you're some neutral beast faction, taking credit for the Mafia kill because you know they can't contradict you.

Also, having people shout "one more day" has always been a scumtell to me. What would happen in one more day? Full conversion to kin? A better power? Some charge up mechanism?

Nudull

Banned
Freakinchair, can you explain more about hearing you were roleblocked? That's not a normal thing to hear. Right now your claim looks fishy, because one kill per night is totally normal, just from the standard Mafia. So your claim is that Mafia was conveniently blocked in some way on night one, and you were conveniently blocked by roleblock specifically on night two. Why should we believe that over the thought that you're not town? You could even be healing church trying a bold gambit involving bussing someone day one for cred. But it's also plausible you're some neutral beast faction, taking credit for the Mafia kill because you know they can't contradict you.

Also, having people shout "one more day" has always been a scumtell to me. What would happen in one more day? Full conversion to kin? A better power? Some charge up mechanism?

It's also awfully convenient that he would choose me as the target, out of all the others that went after Verelios so far (as per his stated reason).

Flame_AC

So I find it interesting that Palmer points out the suspiciousness of Johnnyquickknives and is then dead the next night. JQK's posts in defense of Mazre are very suspect and are a clear attempt to dissuade town from going down the Mazre road. Though there are some other people who also tried to shift the conversation away from Mazre, I'll start with JQK and try and get him to post some reasonings.

So I find it interesting that Palmer points out the suspiciousness of Johnnyquickknives and is then dead the next night. JQK's posts in defense of Mazre are very suspect and are a clear attempt to dissuade town from going down the Mazre road. Though there are some other people who also tried to shift the conversation away from Mazre, I'll start with JQK and try and get him to post some reasonings.

On the other hand there's no indication Mensis faction can kill. So if JQK was fractioned with Mazre and feeling great from Palmer... we don't have evidence he could do anything about it. If JQK is Church, who we know has/had a kill, he'd have no reason to protect Mazre.

Not that i have a strong read on him one way or the other, just not following the logic.

Flame_AC

On the other hand there's no indication Mensis faction can kill. So if JQK was fractioned with Mazre and feeling great from Palmer... we don't have evidence he could do anything about it. If JQK is Church, who we know has/had a kill, he'd have no reason to protect Mazre.

Not that i have a strong read on him one way or the other, just not following the logic.

I thought of that as well, if we assume Mensis can't kill then the night target makes less sense in regards to Palmer/JQK. Could the kill have been made in order to make it seem like Palmer was on the right track?

It is speculative, but I imagine that the Church could have a role which identifies others, they could be checking to see who all is on which team.

Verelios

Why him?
(not defending him btw)
Why him? He's extremely suspicious, at least in regards to being Mazre's partner/teammate.
If you're not sure think about what you'll learn from a lynch on the front runners as well. Mazer is kind of a non-entity at this point, it's not ideal for the game but it could lead to a third day with very little to go on.
Both kris and verelios will point towards others.
Reasons? Right, because of course the only thing you learn is lynching either me or Kris, instead of Mazre.

I don't think I trust chairs claim enough to rely on that.

It's not really the intention but verelios' post is actually backing up kris in that it his flip gives us a lot more to look at.
But Kristoffer isn't really an option now because reasons.

I don't feel very good about voting for either Kristoffer or Mazre.
I still don't like Kris's play style, it's too frenetic, but I'm not reading him as scum.
Mazre I have almost no read on at all and today I'd rather vote on someone

Verelios has been seeming a bit over defensive, even when it's not that necessary. He's also been posting more but without much content. It's really hard to read between just new and scum deciding/being told to play like he's new.

Uhhhh, over defensive, right. Calling out Kristoffer's baiting as a scum move sure is defensive. Let me know how much Kristoffer pays for belt shine when you get back up.

Let's deconstruct his posts a little.

There's one leading lynch target, Mazre. Kristoffer and Seath come out of nowhere and try to bus me, Johnny hops on almost immediately and is now trying to cheer the bus forward, with just enough hemming and hawing to seem impartial. Mazre isn't a good lynch target for...reasons. Kristoffer isn't a good lynch target for, again...reasons (posts weirdly, and seems scummy but whatever, not a good vote target(()!???)) okay).

I am a good lynch target for uh...well, I guess convenience. Responding is defensive play. Pointing out inconsistencies is defensive play. I'd bet talking about lore would be defensive play for Johnny. Well, well, well, that sure does sound like bussing me for 'reasons'.

So what does this say about Johnnyquicknives? He's invested in Mazre's lynch, could have either tried to hop on Kristoffer's lynch train for convenience or is a teammate of Kristoffer, and I was the sacrificial lamb.

I can bet the first thing Johnnyquicknives does when he pops into the thread is connect his and Palmers assertions with Palmer being town therfore he's also town. Nah, Palmer at least had qualms not to mention stating if Mazre flipped to look at him. You're scum through and through.

Why him?
(not defending him btw)

Because I was one of a few people pulling for a Verelios lynch over a Mazre one.

Uh huh. Non entity that flipped scum, who you also tried extremely hard to deflect votes from. Can you explain this? I didn't see a last minute call to arms to save me either.

My reasoning hasn't changed. I didn't have a read on Mazre at all and didn't feel I'd learn much from his death. Obviously that turned out incorrect with the flip, but this early in the game the odds are against us getting a good lynch so theres a high chance we wont get much info from a role PM. I thought Verelios was a better option for two reasons:
1) I found it hard to discern whether some of his posts were showing genuine or manufactured inexperience (overly defensive, some coasting etc). Makes for a hard read.
2) He had interactions with a number of players which would have given something to go on today no matter the flip. While Mazre really had to flip scum (or neutral).

In essence I thought Mazre was a long shot and Verelios was safer. Long shot paid off though, so I'm here defending my thought process.

On Mazre's role in general I think it's obviously a neutral faction since the win condition doesn't rely on eliminating either of the others instead converting everyone which, if roy is to be believed, is purely cosmetic.
That leaves us with:
Town = Town - need to eliminate all threats
Church = Mafia - need to eliminate all threats
School = Neutral - need to have converted all remaining players
Freakinchair = ???

I still don't believe that Freak is straight town vigilante, it just doesn't add up.

Freakinchair roleblocked, as predicted. Did anyone watch him last night? I think now is a good time to speak up.

Also, to finish yesterday's task...

One question: why did mafia target Palmer? Because they new chair would be doctor protected?

You want to explain some of this Kris?
1) How did you know Freakinchair was roleblocked before he posted today?
A) How do you know he didn't kill Palmer?
B) How do you know he tried to kill at all?
2) What makes you assume there is a doctor and he'd protect chair?

Flame_AC

Great post Verelios, you basially said what I thought but hadn't had to time to make into a post. There's a lot of circumstance surrounding Mazre and JQK, if they're not on the same team, then they're somehow related at the very least.

Verelios

My reasoning hasn't changed. I didn't have a read on Mazre at all and didn't feel I'd learn much from his death. Obviously that turned out incorrect with the flip, but this early in the game the odds are against us getting a good lynch so theres a high chance we wont get much info from a role PM. I thought Verelios was a better option for two reasons:
1) I found it hard to discern whether some of his posts were showing genuine or manufactured inexperience (overly defensive, some coasting etc). Makes for a hard read.
2) He had interactions with a number of players which would have given something to go on today no matter the flip. While Mazre really had to flip scum (or neutral).

In essence I thought Mazre was a long shot and Verelios was safer.
Huh, right. So when a train started going to save Mazre you just shrugged and said 'normal?'. Haha. Also, talking about odds, interesting you took a chance on me despite me being extremely low in votes earlier in the day. But, REASONS.2) He had interactions with a number of players which would have given something to go on today no matter the flip. While Mazre really had to flip scum (or neutral).[/QUOTE]
Hm!? Show me the receipts! Nah, seriously, I want to know who I'm interacting with to support that statement. Aside from Kris and Seath, I've got, uh, nothing.

Let me even take a step back and AGREE with you, I've had interactions of 10+-8, so what? I'd think with that reasoning Kristoffer would be the first one you look at, if not for how many people he implicates then for how many people cry he isn't scum. But nah. We got reasons, fuck logic.

Yeah, okay, we got reasons. I have a reason why you made this post: You're scum.

Interesting... Johnnyquicknives votes coming up.

By flame(formerly hobo)...

I'm thinking that one of you is churchscum and one of you is that weird other faction.

I'll go along with this

vote: Johnnyquicknives

I don't think I've ever said to give me one more day. I literally just have to post my track record so far and its enough. As for my roleblock - I got a pm literally saying that a mysterious figure has prevented me from using my action. Unless you think I'm a scum (aka mafia) who is claiming vigilante to cover the kills who also voted for and killed his own member on day 1. Or claiming that I'm a neutral who decided to randomly paint himself as a huge target to literally everyone in the game then I guess a vote for me makes sense. Hint: It doesn't. The most likely story is that I'm actually telling the truth and it is in towns best interest to have me absorb a killshot/negative scum powers over whatever other (more beneficial) powers we have. Seems to be working so far. I also really wanted everyone to know that the scum failed their first nights kill because that kind of information gives our other power roles more information.

As for Nudull - these posts from the previous day (near the end of the day) make it seem like they were on both Mazre's and Verelios's sides and just voted for a third party:

I didn't want to throw a vote on Kris again, but it seems likely that a lynching will happen for him tonight. Why not, I suppose.

VOTE: kristoffer

I can't read much off of Mazre, considering the inactivity (which is the big thing everyone's focusing on). Verelios may be a valid option as well, but I feel uncomfortable with siding with certain members on here. Any of the others I would've considered would be a wasted vote at this point in the day.

If Nudull was on Mazre's team they could have saved him with a tie vote... but Nudull didn't. But Nudull also didn't want to endanger Verelios which leads me to believe that they are on the same team. Scum also knew I was going to target either Nudull or Verelios that night so I was blocked. I'm good for a lynch on either of them and believe that it will give us the most information.

Verelios

I ain't even going to dignify that excuse with a long answer chair. All I gotta ask is, why would Mazre try to bus me end of day? I know, you know, he knows, Kristoffer was trying to run a train on me. Don't be disingenuous.

I'm up all night today fam.

Verelios

9 out of Verelios' 11 posts this day cycle have mentioned me.
Traumatized when I go to sleep you're gonna lead a lynch on me.

But really, name of the game is find scum. I'm trying to bring your scumminess into open view so bare with your government being called out every other post.

Verelios

Long night.

Y'know, I thought about it and I've set my case against Kris and will let my statements talk. Tunneling into him is just going to detract from searching for other scum which isn't conducive to town at all.

Top Bottom