• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Warzone Firefight - OUT NOW

Halo-5-Guardians-Warzone-Firefight-Content-Release-VisID.jpg

Since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians last October, fans have had a steady stream of free new maps, game modes, armors, weapon skins and additional customization options to look forward to each month. The eighth and latest free content release, Warzone Firefight – named after the eponymous new mode – is the biggest expansion to Halo 5: Guardians yet

New Game Mode – Warzone Firefight: Warzone Firefight is, by far, the biggest content release since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians! As a result of the beta in April, 343 Industries has taken player feedback to improve the game mode for launch, such as increasing the difficulty each round and adding brand new bosses and vehicles – including the hilarious (and deadly) Grunt Goblin boss and the powerful UNSC VTOL, AV-49 Wasp, deployable as a REQ vehicle in all Warzone modes and available to use in Forge. Check out Polygon and IGN to get a sneak peek at both of these new additions to Halo 5: Guardians.

New Campaign Feature – Score Attack: As detailed on Halo Waypoint, the Warzone Firefight content release will include a new way to play Halo 5: Guardians’ campaign – Score Attack! Campaign scoring makes a return to Halo 5: Guardians, enabling players to compete against their friends for points and medals in online co-op play or solo. Remember – in Score Attack, the points do matter so be sure to defeat enemies with style and flourish!

New Maps – Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten: The free Warzone Firefight release brings three new maps across multiple game modes: Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten. In the Attack on Sanctum map for Warzone, revisit the Covenant homeworld of Sanghelios, or take it to the rocky roads of Prospect for Warzone Assault. For Arena players, Molten will be a hot new Arena map – be sure not to fall into the stream of lava!

New Forge Canvas – Tidal: Since the release of a new super-charged Forge mode for Halo 5: Guardians in December, Forgers have been hard at work creating some of the most unique, creative and innovative maps ever seen in Halo. The Warzone Firefight release brings a fan-requested canvas, the ocean-themed Tidal. No longer will players have to struggle to find water to Forge on – it’s literally everywhere on Tidal!

New REQs Items: Warzone Firefight adds several new REQ items, including the Cinder and Cyclops armor sets, Covenant vehicle and weapon variants, HCS Pro League weapon skins and additional customization sets.

Update is out now. 7GB.

1 WZFF win will get you a gold REQ pack, 5WZFF wins will get you 3 and 10WZFF wins will get you 5 gold REQ packs

Halo Livestream Reveal
Warzone Firefight Trailer

fernoca

Played a few matches and loved it. Will spend a good time in Firefight.

Servers were struggling a bit in the last match and even though we won, it sent me right to the main menu after the match ended, with server problems message and no Gold REQ for the first win.

J_Viper

cross-post

So my Xbox is freaking the fuck out with Halo 5

I inserted the disc, today's 7 gig update popped up, it installed, no problems there.

But when I tried to start it, it kept saying the disc wasn't in the console, though it absolutely was.

After restarting my console, another update pops up, this time it's 42 gigs.

So I restart again, launch the game, and now I can't get past the main menu of Halo 5 without it crashing within two seconds

I've also noticed that the game data has fucking vanished from my hard drive.

I don't understand, did the latest update wipe the game from my drive?

What the fuck is happening?

Edit: never mind, it's fine now

Gowans

just had my first game, gona play more tonight, glad they have made it harder, didnt get past round 3 with randoms.

Zedox

Downloaded. Waiting for me to get off work and clean up (so I don't hear the fiancé) so I can play with the fellas tonight.

IHaveIce

Banned
Like back then mentioned, and now mentioned again I can't fathom why they didn't promote such a big update at E3. Just show the short trailer ffs.

Update is legit, new maps are awesome, now I'm waiting to spend all my RP to have the collection again complete

Warzone Firefight is a lot of fun. In many ways, I think it'll be better than old FF. In Reach and ODST once you got a goof idea of the maps you could find somewhere to hold out. Here you have to be agressive and coordinate with teammates. This will have a better longevity than FF of the past.

01DragonFly

cross-post

So my Xbox is freaking the fuck out with Halo 5

I inserted the disc, today's 7 gig update popped up, it installed, no problems there.

But when I tried to start it, it kept saying the disc wasn't in the console, though it absolutely was.

After restarting my console, another update pops up, this time it's 42 gigs.

So I restart again, launch the game, and now I can't get past the main menu of Halo 5 without it crashing within two seconds

I've also noticed that the game data has fucking vanished from my hard drive.

I don't understand, did the latest update wipe the game from my drive?

What the fuck is happening?
Do you have an external hard drive?, check the storage settings and check that the external is selected as preferred option to install new games , also disconnect the external hd for a few seconds.

JaggedSac

Logged into Waypoint from my phone and had a good pack waiting for me. Are they handing one out to everyone today? Also had 3 other packs including a daily login, does just logging into waypoint count as a daily log in?

How close to the original firefight mode is this? Do you have to use the limited use random cards, or can you select and find equipment in the level?

This is a new experience that is why it's called Warzone Firefight the only loadout weapons that you can have are ARs , BRs, DMRs, Magnums and SMGs, in order to use the rest of the power weapons you need to use the cards from your REQ collection

This is a new experience that is why it's called Warzone Firefight the only loadout weapons that you can have are ARs , BRs, DMRs, Magnums and SMGs, in order to use the rest of the power weapons you need to use the cards from your REQ collection

You can pick up what the enemy drops also

Kalentan

How close to the original firefight mode is this? Do you have to use the limited use random cards, or can you select and find equipment in the level?

As far as I know there isn't weapons or such on the map. But only some of the cards are random (specifically ones that give you a random weapon, vehicle or boost), whereas most of them are limited use. Except for AR, Magnum, BR, DMR, and SMG card which are infinite and the Halo 2 BR.

It's not really like th old Firefight. It's its own thing, but that isn't bad at all.

I would compare this to Destiny's Prison of Elders, but way more fun and chaotic.

Top Bottom