• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
QtXb.png

SuXb.png

Visit the No Man's Sky Repository for all information collected about the game all in one place.

No Man's Sky is a Science Fiction game focusing on space exploration and survival, with the primary objective of getting to the CENTER OF THE GALAXY. Little is known about this Galaxy, and the development team have deliberately
kept a lot of the game mechanics and details about the lore a secret. The reason for this is simple- You have to discover them yourself. There is a Malevolent Force present in this Universe, and we get to uncover it's secrets.

• 18 Quintillion Planets - Planet-sized planets. Some of which are dangerous and hostile. Some barren and dead. Others lush and full of life. All rotate and orbit around their parent star.
  • You Can Go There! - All planets and stars in the sky are reachable, explore-able, and star systems contain objectives with significance to that system.
  • Procedurally Generated - (Not RANDOMLY) Terrains, Atmospheres, Flora/Fauna, etc, are all generated with a reason and purpose. Things like distance from the sun, size, etc, play a role in what's generated.
  • A Galaxy at War - Multiple factions and races exist in this universe. Choose to help or harm them for your own gain. Learn their languages, and learn how to more easily work with or against them.
  • PS+ Not Required - Game can be played completely offline. (Requires internet to share Discoveries with server. Don’t forget the Day One Patch though!)
  • Day One Patch Notes!- You need this if you want to fully enjoy the recommended experience.

XtXb.png

ZtXb.png

duXb.png

euXb.png

fuXb.png

No Man's Sky is a game focused on Emergent Gameplay. What this means is simple. The game tosses you in and leaves you to your own. The "Gameplay Loop" is yours to decide.
The Following Four Pillars of Gameplay are all you need to navigate your exploration of the Cosmos. Explore unknown worlds. Discover ancient alien ruins that may help or hurt your
journey. Beware of the Sentinels, a self replicating machine race that protects the galaxy from invasive explorers like you who disrupt the balance. Stop asking questions, and go forth.

guXb.png

iuXb.png

• CLICK THE GIFS FOR VIDEO!

Sean Murray figured out the answer. Click below.

xuXb.png

Well, here you are. Stranded.

You're on an unknown, undiscovered world. Your scanner is malfunctioning, your Multi-tool is a piece of junk only meant for basic mining, your Analysis Visor is borked, and your busted Starship is grounded and emitting an
unceremonious shower of sparks. It's Launch Thruster and Pulse Engine are fried. The good news- your Exosuit, Life Support System, and Environmental Protection System are operational. But this
planet could be dangerous... Harmful atmosphere could be eating away at your protection, and Life Support is slowly diminishing. You really want to get off this
world, but it's going to take some work. You crack your knuckles and begin to "science the shit out of this."

yuXb.png

• Lost In Space - Extreme heat and cold, toxic, radiation, and stormy climates, mean the clock is ticking. Manage your time on the surface!
  • Feed Me Seymour! - The Flora can be alive and dangerous. Approach with caution!
  • An Angry Pineapple! - There may be Fauna on your world! It could be tame, it could be aggressive. It may even hunt you! Be careful when interacting with alien life.
  • Friends With Benefits - Sharing with the local Fauna may just have it's rewards.
  • Take Shelter! - There are various places that you can hide to escape hostile atmosphere. Caves, structures, trade posts, and your Starship.
  • Use Your Resources! - Your Exosuit, Multi-Tool, and Starship's shield can be recharged by elements you've collected.
  • Below - Better resources may exist in cave systems and further beneath the surface. But stranger and more dangerous life may exist as well.
  • Share The Load - If you're close enough to your Starship, you can teleport resources to it's inventory to allow you to carry more stuff.
timeforrepairsnas6a.png

In order to get your journey through the cosmos started, you're going to need to repair some of your gear, and that busted ship. Below are the four items that will need repair if you wanna get off this rock, and moving towards the center-

(Click to enlarge)

Click for some helpful and basic tips for your journey

4uXb.png

Click below to view a long running list of popular trailers, gameplays, demonstrations, interviews, and other information. You'll be there all day.

7uXb.png

Spoiler Thread- Please keep major spoilers out of the |OT|, and tag anything that might be spoiler-ish. Use common sense.
PC Screenshot Thread- For you high end PC users that love your super crisp beauty shots.
Day One Patch Notes Thread- The lengthy list of content and improvement to the Day one version.
Review Thread- Where people think 8.0 isn't a pretty good score for a game.
More Sci-Fi Art! Plenty of old school Science Fiction Goodness.
No Man's Sky Photo Thread!- Take your photo sharing to this thread. Just dont be a punk. Follow the rules :)
Sean Murray's Message to you.
Digital Foundry PS4 Framerate Test
What would make No Man's Sky better for you?
No Man's Sky Photo Contest!

OuXb.png

8uXb.jpg
AuXb.jpg
BuXb.png
CuXb.jpg
DuXb.png
EuXb.jpg

FuXb.jpg
GuXb.jpg
HuXb.jpg
IuXb.png
JuXb.jpg
KuXb.png

Thanks to ichtyander for the great Galactic Allied Federation logo. Thanks to Trouble for the |OT| Title.
Will continue to add content to the OT as needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PLEASE KEEP ANY LORE, GALAXY CENTER, OR STORY ELEMENTS SPOILER TAGGED.

wiibomb

I expected a procedural OT and you give me this??? why Legacyzero???

very nice OT, thanks for the work

The Argus

Can't believe this is finally happening. Been pumped since the Video Game Awards trailer now many moons ago. LE is preparing for shipment, Amazon charged my card. So excited I had it sent to work, so I can stare at the steel box as I finish up the day.

OmegaDL50

I like this one

GuXb.jpg

Although I'm probably going to keep my current avatar, if I was going to change it would that one.

vix

Absolutely lovely. Nice work.

I expect at least 50 pages (at least) by the time I come back online in about 12 hours.

but what do you do in this thread

I don't get it

Why are posts popping up I thought this was neogaf

great thread. 23 hours until it unlocks~

diggler41

We are counting down. So close now GAF.

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
I'm all alone, more or less.
Let me fly, far away from here,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun.

-Ryn

Banned
It's been a long time... but not as long I'll be playing this game!

The final frontier approaches!!

Subbed. Outside of questions the first few days I might only pop in every once in a while to post logs with images of my adventures so far. Fairly useless as everybody will have their adventure but hey since every experience is different it'd be cool how people experience the game

BTA

I tried to avoid being hyped for this but now I'm oddly excited.

Except I doubt my laptop can run it well, and my PS4 is on the other side of the planet for another 2 months. So I'll be hoping that I can run it on low settings well enough, or that Remote Play isn't too atrocious, I guess. Either way, I probably won't be able to play till next week, which is unfortunate.

sappyday

Somehow I lost all my hype for this. I didn't read anything negative but something in my brain just switched off. Still, I'm getting it day 1 and I hope that excitement comes through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom