• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is voting for trump at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
He's said terrible things about Mexicans. He said terrible things about Muslims. He's made fun of disabled people. He has called women he dislikes pigs, suggested one was on her period. He claims he knows more about the middle east than the generals. He disrespects war heroes like John McCain and Captain khan. He questions the judgement.... Of an American judge just because of his Mexican heritage. He says obama is the founder of isis. He apparently can't stand a crying baby during his speeches and tells the mother to get out. He calls out for a foreign government to hack his political opponent. He even vaulgly suggests the assisnation of her as well.

Who in the fuck is voting for this guy? What are the demographics? They have to know all the stuff he has said already. Do they agree with him? Are the so tired of the political establishment that anyone will do? I haven't talked to a supporter myself to ask..luckily I associate myself with friends who aren't supporting him but at this point I'm really concerned on who the hell this guy appeals to and why?

quickwhips

Old people. I can drive down a long stretch of road in my blue state and see no Clinton signs but only trump signs. Why the fuck is trump signs blue btw?

GhostBed

Single issue voters. Pro life and 2nd Amendment folks.

This. Hillary hates guns and loves abortions. Therefore, Trump is their only option. They don't care what he says, they just care about issues that matter to them and they will vote for the republican candidate no matter what.

Sadly it's a very significant amount of people too. They almost never look at the whole picture and only see the fear of something being taken away from them or ideals, restrictions etc. "forced" upon them.

120v

as somebody who lives in a red state i can tell you it's not necessarily fringe right wingers who'll vote for him. most of his votes will come from run-of-the-mill republican voters who'd pull the lever under R whether it was Cruz, Rubio, a ham sandwich, or whoever. they're not particularly racist or evil or anything it's just what they do every election

Jea Song

Did the right thing
This. Hillary hates guns and loves abortions. Therefore, Trump is their only option. They don't care what he says, they just care about issues that matter to them and they will vote for the republican candidate no matter what.

But where's the evidence of this? Hillary is forcing people to have abortions and is going to take away your guns? This is non sense. So these people are putting their party before the country. This is very shameful.

He's said terrible things about Mexicans. He said terrible things about Muslims. He's made fun of disabled people. He has called women he dislikes pigs, suggested one was on her period. He claims he knows more about the middle east than the generals. He disrespects war heroes like John McCain and Captain khan. He questions the judgement.... Of an American judge just because of his Mexican heritage. He says obama is the founder of isis. He apparently can't stand a crying baby during his speeches and tells the mother to get out. He calls out for a foreign government to hack his political opponent. He even vaulgly suggests the assisnation of her as well.

Who in the fuck is voting for this guy? What are the demographics? They have to know all the stuff he has said already. Do they agree with him? Are the so tired of the political establishment that anyone will do? I haven't talked to a supporter myself to ask..luckily I associate myself with friends who aren't supporting him but at this point I'm really concerned on who the hell this guy appeals to and why?

I think you'll find the endless "you'll never guess what Trump said!" articles that spill out on a weekly basis have a negligible effect on people who've decided they like Trump enough to vote for him.

Jebusman

Banned
Hopefully no one on this website.

I'm willing to bet you that at least 20-30% of the people on this website would vote for Trump, or at the very least, still be on the fence between Trump and Clinton.

People hide their true affiliation pretty well when requried.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP

Pretty much this. So sick of hearing about the racist Trump voters here at GAF. Political talking points haven't changed and it seems like people forget that.

Americans still vote with their own personal interests at heart. Republicans tend to vote with their wallet and to keep their guns. Maybe they're religious and believe in antiquated pro-life laws. Some are concerned about states rights.

Or just keep generalizing Republicans as a brainless, racist mob if that makes you feel better.

I only know one person who is openly supporting Trump. He is a diehard supporter. He once asked me if I would rather vote for a "businessman" or a "war criminal". The crazy thing is that he is young(24-25), Hispanic, and well educated.

Flo_Evans

The only person I know if that is voting for him is a lifelong republican straight ticket voter. Also very racist.

I think the only way he would not vote trump is if the party disavows him.

He is also in his 70's and will probably not make it past the next presidential term.

I almost think like a minimum voting age we should have a max...

GhostBed

But where's the evidence of this? Hillary is forcing people to have abortions and is going to take away your guns? This is non sense. So these people are putting their party before the country. This is very shameful.

Of course it's bullshit but this is what right wing politicians have been screaming for ages. They've whipped the people into a horrified frenzy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sadly it's a very significant amount of people too. They almost never look at the whole picture and only see the fear of something being taken away from them or ideals, restrictions etc. "forced" upon them.
Its a significant amount of them, but fortunately I think Trump allows us to figure out almost exactly how many of them there are, and fortunately its not enough to win an election

At this point:

Trump is winning really just the white male vote without a college degree.

He's losing against black people (by an incredible margin), Hispanics, women, etc.

I'm not sure how Trump is doing amongst married women, but he's losing to single women.
The youth vote is split between Gary and Trump for right wing young conservatives. Many young conservatives are just completely embarrassed by Trump.

He's even losing to Hillary with white people with a college degree. That is something that Mitt Romney dominated.

The demographics just do not favor him. So long as young conservatives become increasingly frustrated with Trump and the Republican's unwillingness to move forward on social issues, they will seek alternatives like Gary Johnson.

At this point, it just boils down to voter turnout. Trump has developed a cult like following similar to Sanders where many people are going to be eager to vote for him.
Voter suppression laws and potentially long lines at the polls may end up reducing voter turnout for Dems.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Generally not people on this forum. They'd surely have been banned for gamergate sentiments.

El Jaffe

I live in Texas and EVERYONE I hear talk about the election is in the "Lesser evil, Clinton is the devil, vote for Trump" category. I honestly can't believe it and it depresses me greatly. Actually the only people I know who dont support him are my parents, which makes me respect them that much more.

The man can probably take an dookie dump on live TV and he will still get like 40% of the votes with people spouting, "That Donald Trump, he's just telling like it is!"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The average white man is voting for Trump. That's about it.

WedgeX

Banned

I've seen far too many pro-life Catholics capitulate their votes over abortion. Never mind every other aspect of what is supposed to be pro-life is endorsed by the democrats while Trump continues to be xenophobic, racist, advocating torture, murder, and treason.

It's infuriating.

About 35 million voters at least

At the very, very, very least.

~120 million voters in the general election, and there's really no way Trump gets less than 40% of that after undecideds break in an essentially two-person race, and more realistically in the mid-to-high 40s even in an electoral blowout.

Gary Johnson would have to make a Perot-like splash for Trump to get less than 50 million votes.

People who are strong republicans and support at least some of his ideas, albeit mostly privately.

AKA 40% of the electorate and many people you and I call friends.

The average white man is voting for Trump. That's about it.

Even then, the polls are suggesting a much smaller gap than Romney vs. Obama for white voters.

In part due to:
-Hillary is white
-Trump is an obnoxious windbag
-Hillary will attract women voters

Trump needs to dominate white voters across the board to win and he's just not doing it.

Matty77

White, uneducated people with previously hidden racist and homophobic thoughts.
A lot of this.

and some of that.

Pretty much this. So sick of hearing about the racist Trump voters here at GAF. Political talking points haven't changed and it seems like people forget that.

Americans still vote with their own personal interests at heart. Republicans tend to vote with their wallet and to keep their guns. Maybe they're religious and believe in antiquated pro-life laws. Some are concerned about states rights.

Or just keep generalizing Republicans as a brainless, racist mob if that makes you feel better.
Sorry but there comes a point that when you will ignore all the other stuff over one issue then you kind of are a horrible person.

At best you are so self absorbed or out of touch with reality, at worst you will accept things that are terrible if they don't affect you personally.

So yeah you don't get to hide behind not all tag lines when your candidate is blatantly racist,xenophobic,misogynist whatever because you personally don't like or do like one law. Especially when most of those single issue voters are right wing religious types that want to roll back abortion and gay rights because while they seem to think they understand the right to bear arms they have no clue what the fuck seperation of church and state means.

Sayad

Who in the fuck is voting for this guy? What are the demographics?
Aren't those things listed exactly why his supporters voting for him?!

Jea Song

Did the right thing

I don't buy this. Trump for years didn't have Republican views. It's not about trump. But the party? This is putting their party before the country. That's really bad. But the racist rhetoric certainly has to be a factor. Dont tell me it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom