• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Sawneeks

Banned
This looks horrible in hindsight

Ha, yeah it does.

Guess that's what I get for joking with Splinter.

I have no idea what you mean. You tried to start a discussion with me close to the deadline, about a topic I tackled earlier (and which I explicitly said we should deal with the next day), when there was the threat of a tie, i.e. I was anxious to F5 and trying to see if some late votes would cause a tie. It was a weird time to bring up that topic and you seemed rather relaxed to me/compared to me.

What? What are you talking about?

I made a case against Kalor last Day phase. Both Melon and I have been trying to get your attention with questions that you keep dodging with zero explination.

Karkador

Banned
PRELUDE
The case begins early on day 1. At this point in the game there was a general assumption that 4 contestants had bid on the prize, but only 2 contestants were publicly known(/claimed): Blargonaut and Kawl_USC.

You have some great points against Dragonz/Salva even though I sort of agree with Salva's rebuttal.

But since you believe that Dragonz's slip was revealing she had more info than she originally lead on does that mean you believe CM or CornBro is her Scum partner?

"Great points, Mafia-aligned Splinter. But now that I've abandoned my token effort at questioning you or suspecting you, what do you think about implicating these other players as mafia?"

Now that everyone has posted for the day, I want to say that I was the winner of the Laptop on N1. It gave me the power of a Role Cop and in my investigations I did find a Mason. Now, I'm not sure whether or not they are town and I'm also not sure whether or not they could have an additional role (nothing in my result gave any other indication). But currently I'm leaning towards scum right now, just want to know whether or not I should name them. They didn't vote for Dusk though.

Hmmm.

Depends, how much you believe this person to be Scum? Because at best you find a Scum Mason ( and potentially out the other Mason as well ) but at worst you out a Townie ( or two ) and paint a massive target on their backs.

"Masons? I have no idea what you're talking about, but I suggest we stop talking about this and assume the best of them"

Kalor

So that I have a vote

Vote: OceanicAir

Out of the people who are most likely to be lynched Oceanic is the only person I think could be scum. I think Sawneeks is town and I'm obviously not going to vote for myself.

Karkador

Banned
The Chronicles of LP: Vol. 1 of 1

Day 1:
He and Kyan ended with a vote on Splinter.

Day 2:
Never voted. Not even a vote/unvote earlier in that Day Phase.

Conclusion: NKed for associating Scum with Splash Mountain.
/s

After going over his activity very briefly on Day 1 and Day 2 I didn't find a whole bunch. He was very level-headed about most of the hot topics of each Day phase and was vocal with his feelings on the matter even if he wasn't sure of which way to vote ( like Day 2 ). A lot of Day 2 involved him floating around ideas of why a Town or Scum Dusk would claim, followed by being rather unsure of going after Dragonz, and then questioning Magnum about his claim.

Throughout both Day 1 and Day 2 he held a good amount of suspicion on Splinter as well as some on Kark.

Personally I feel he may have been a target due to his lack of a vote yesterday which would tie him to someone but it also could be possible he may have hit scum on the nose. I don't really think LP getting hit is the big thing here, it's more the people who did not get NKed that surprised me. Namely CM, Kalor, Star, and Nin, all rather low to low-mid post count players who would give little info if flipped. Makes me think we do have Scum there since LP was the target and not one of them.

CM and Kalor sit right near the top of my Scum list, actually.

Vote: Kalor

I'll get more of my thoughts out later but I feel my stance on Kalor has been fairly clear so far.

"I'm not saying it's not Splinter,

but please pay no attention to Splinter"

Sawneeks

Banned
Hey Kark could you record your reaction to my flip please? It will make my day if you do

What does this have to do with Salva voting for Kalor today?

Because you asked where this whole Kalor thing came from and 'what did he do'.

And why do you keep dodging questions.

I'm just wondering why the actual hell I'd claim a role cop if I'm scum. What benefit would it get me if I knew it was impossible for me to die at night? It would have been exponentially easier for me to say that I was 2-shot yesterday to actually make it plausible that I'd survive. Like seriously, just someone explain this to me.

Karkador

Banned
Why the hell are you playing hard to get?

Did you not see my 'gg' post earlier? I can't argue against a tunnel.

If I come in and say 'no Kark you're wrong' all you're going to do is hand wave it away.

"no Kark you're wrong" is not a defense, and neither is playing the victim.

You have made no adequate explanation for why you're doing scummy things. Everything you've tried to support your defense with is some Schrodinger's Cat evidence that we can't determine if true or not, because it's in a secret chat, or in your mind.

Despite what you say about Kyan, there's no tangible evidence in this game thread that you suspect your own unreliable partner. No votes against Kyan. No expression that maybe we should suspect Kyan, and scrutinize his posts.

It's the same thing you did with Splinter. You've deliberately argued your way AROUND ever really throwing Splinter under a bus. Even mentioning him was really just an attempt to swerve the conversation onto other people.

When it comes to trying to direct the witch hunt at Blarg, Dusk, and Magnum, you have no problem releasing the hounds on that. But suspect your own unreliable Mason partner? Maybe he has a gun to your head, because you wont do it.

You are a mafia player.

[f] StarSketch: You switched around your vote a lot during the end of the last Day phase. What made you jump around? Similarly, you also had your vote on me at one point on Day 3. Do you still think I'm Scum? What about Kyan? Melon?

Indecision. And trying to gambit and failing.

I agree with everyone here when I think that one of you isn't town in terms of the Kyan/You mess. Karkador makes some good points about you, but I also voted for him day 3 too because he was tunneling pretty damn hard....and is still tunneling. :| Melon is probably town I guess? That whole thing on her was caused by my comment and her saying...something weird day one. I don't remember anymore .-.

SalvaPot

I'm just wondering why the actual hell I'd claim a role cop if I'm scum. What benefit would it get me if I knew it was impossible for me to die at night? It would have been exponentially easier for me to say that I was 2-shot yesterday to actually make it plausible that I'd survive. Like seriously, just someone explain this to me.

Its mostly that revealing that info is good for town, yet it doesn't absolve you. Anything other than revealing a scum player is not going to clean you.

For the record I believe you and Sawneeks are town.

I scum read Kalor, with slight scum reads on nin and Karkador, but todays activity on nin is making me doubt this and the splinter switch kind ofs makes me leave Karkador for another day...

Sophia

Oh majestic and wise Sophia, could we please get a vote count?

kalor (4)
oceanicair 1123
sawneeks 1207
christina mackenzie 1221
nin1000 1228 (1232)
salvapot 1235

el topo (0)
sawneeks 1128 (1207)

sawneeks (3)
cornburrito 1141 (1210)
stanleypalmtree 1147
melonrabbit 1194
karkador 1229

oceanicair (4)
cornburrito 1210
el topo 1233
kalor 1253
nin1000 1260

Majority is 7.

Tick tock, tick tock. Day ends in...

blu_1472590800.png

Its mostly that revealing that info is good for town, yet it doesn't absolve you. Anything other than revealing a scum player is not going to clean you.

For the record I believe you and Sawneeks are town.

I scum read Kalor, with slight scum reads on nin and Karkador, but todays activity on nin is making me doubt this and the splinter switch kind ofs makes me leave Karkador for another day...

I'm a role cop! Unless the role is named "Drew Carey hater aka mafia" I'm not even going to see anything. It's not even like if I saw a vanilla mafia player I could tell the difference! Besides why put myself in the spotlight if there is no momentum going my way and put myself in a situation to make people wonder as to why I'm still alive?

El Topo

I can't really find your in-depth explanation on why we should lynch Kalor, Salva. Could you maybe post the link or quote it?

Karkador

Banned
What's more concerning is that we can't reach a consensus. 11/13 voting is enough to hit majority on SOMEONE, with some left-over. It's not like we're voting on randoms at this point.

El Topo

Yeah, I think the whole "OA is scum and claims role name cop" is a bit too far-fetched. It *might* make sense for OA to reveal himself to put pressure on the Masons, who were (in my opinion rightfully) blamed to some extent for the death of Dusk.

I'd be more inclined to lynch one of the Masons.

I'd love to put a vote down, but 1) I can't vote for Kalor until I understand wtf is going on.
2) Voting for Sawneeks will cause a tie

3) voting for Oceanic contains way too many what ifs for me to be secure on a vote.

ugh.

Kyanrute

VOTE: Kalor

Sawneeks feels town to me so I am picking between Kalor and Oceanic. Oceanic's cop reveal and how things played out after it make him look better than Kalor to me.

Karkador

Banned
I believe OA's namecop claim, as he named the player who didn't come forward (Kyan came forward, not Sawneeks).

But that doesn't mean he's not Mafia, but I have to think that if he's Mafia, the only way he colludes with the Masons is if they're all Mafia. I just can't see one of the Masons being Town in that scenario and playing along with no objections.

SalvaPot

I'm split on who to vote for. Blarg will continue to be a topic of discussion as the game goes on and potentially distract from other players. While Dragonz has made their "slip" I don't know if it necessarily proves they are scum.

Vote: Blargonaut

Though Karkador might override and make the outcome of the vote worthless if he's telling the truth.

I don't know who to vote for. Scum would obviously want to focus on the Magnum lynch since that protects one of them for the day and I don't know if Dusk is scum, especially with the increase in votes he's gotten today. I'll put a vote on Dragonz for now. I said yesterday that their slip isn't necessarily indicative of them being scum but I don't know who else to vote for.

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

So Dusk would have been talking to someone throughout the day yesterday. I don't know if that person should reveal themselves as that information might not be helpful to town. Dusk might have targeted a scum to talk with so it won't confirm anyone.

Vote: SalvaPot

WAMD eluded lynching for two days and at this point I just want to know what their (and now Salvas) alignment is.

lol, of course Splinter is tunneling me. He is very smart and incredibly frightening as a scum player. Right now I am coming fresh trying to fill WAMD's shoes so I guess it is up to me to defense myself, right?

Splinter has been very aggressive from the very start and definitely feels like a town leader.

Kalor has been making few but very insightful remarks.

Kyrarunte was playing it very very safe at first and then got very very detailed later on, but his posts got better

Blarg was playing fairly tame, at least in my opinion. This is going to sound weird but I think I would have defended him if it was me playing on Day 1.

OceanicAir has been borderline coasting, but feels townie.

Sawneeks and Stanley are very similar players in my mind, they are heavily opposing Splinter with arguments, while still attacking everything suspicious. Sawneeks specially reeks of town to me.

Star is hard to pinpoint my feeling on her.

Christina feels townie and the few post she makes is to point out bullshit

Melon is playing a very good game in my opinion, even if she was voting WAMD constantly I believe she did because she feels I am scum and I can respect that.

CB has been going from town to scum and back several times since I started reading, but her last few pages make me believe he cares.

I didn't read as much into El Topo as I wanted because I have a really hard time reading him, I don't know why.

Town
2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
5. [f] Sawneeks
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
10. [f] StarSketch
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie
17. [f] melonrabbit
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

I love nin, he is a great Hermano, but he has given literally nothing of value to the game and he has not been self-aware enough to make me believe this is not in purpose.

Karkador has been playing incredibly fluffy and reactionary. He is all over the place and I believe he has been trying to misdirect townie votes into townies.

Kalor, as I said before, has been insightful but I honestly don't trust him, I feel he is playing town.

Ynnek7 is a new player, but has been very reserved and mostly, well, nice. Scum I say.

Scum
4. [m] nin1000
3. [m] Karkador
9. [m] Kalor
12. [m] Ynnek7

I believe Magnum and I believe he is harmless to town.

I think Splinter is also a Neutral and trying to get rid of everything. Something tells me he is going to be a dumb role that has to succeed on a weird condition and for that he is playing anti-town, with priority on surviving by getting all up in our face.

Neutral
1. [m] *Splinter
11. [m] MagnumBoy20xx (I had him as scum before reading his claim)

Now, to talk about WAMD and what it means for me. Fucking lol, you guys are taking her reactions way out of proportion. I would have defended the shit out of her on the first day, it was just such a silly mistake to make that its really only mistake because Splinter has a boner for GOTCHA moments.

And here is the thing, I don't think Splinter actually believes he got scum. What he got was an excuse and a crusade to successfully put a ribbon in his chest as a pro-town player. We all know when you are "caught" in a lie there is very little you can do to prove yourself, because it becomes a catch 22. "Oh, but you are lying, that is why you said a thing." "Oh, but you made a mistake, that is why you said a thing"

The silliest thing about it is that is this game we are so starved for information that I think its more worth it to see the reactions of everyone who latched unto the silly mistake and do a big deal out of it. My scum list is based on those who mostly took that and ran with it, but also who kept adding theories to it.

I know you are all skimming through this post, but here is the thing. You lynched Blarg because you took his mistake and ran with it. You lynched Dusk because he gave you info and ran with it.

This game is been so obviously run by scum that its amazing how, now on Day 3, instead of looking into the new given info you are all going directly for the only person left that made a silly mistake. And notice how is the same 3 players leading the charge.

Splinter
Karkador
Kalor

I'll be here if you need more answers. Also feel free to point out any mistakes I made and put quotes to back them up.

#Reasons.

El Topo

Right, but then, without her coming forward, OA said "I looked at Sawneeks".

How did he get that name, if Kyan came forward?

...what? Kyanrute revealed that he and Sawneeks were the Mason in #929, only in #936 did Oceanic claim that he investigated Sawneeks.

Sawneeks

Banned
"no Kark you're wrong" is not a defense, and neither is playing the victim.

You have made no adequate explanation for why you're doing scummy things. Everything you've tried to support your defense with is some Schrodinger's Cat evidence that we can't determine if true or not, because it's in a secret chat, or in your mind.

Despite what you say about Kyan, there's no tangible evidence in this game thread that you suspect your own unreliable partner. No votes against Kyan. No expression that maybe we should suspect Kyan, and scrutinize his posts.

It's the same thing you did with Splinter. You've deliberately argued your way AROUND ever really throwing Splinter under a bus. Even mentioning him was really just an attempt to swerve the conversation onto other people.

When it comes to trying to direct the witch hunt at Blarg, Dusk, and Magnum, you have no problem releasing the hounds on that. But suspect your own unreliable Mason partner? Maybe he has a gun to your head, because you wont do it.

You are a mafia player.

That's because you're seeing Scumtells everywhere. I can sneeze at this point and it's a scumtell on me. :/

I Town Read Splinter on Day 1 and Day 2. However, I'm not the only one who did this and reads can be wrong. It's the name of the game, Kark. You can even notice at the end of Day 3 I said I would be fine with a Splinter lynch because that's when he started to act really strange.

You also keep expecting me to just throw Kyan under the bus? I feel like I keep asking why but I think i found the answer, it's just a difference in playstyles. You would immediately bus him, I won't. I don't want to vote out someone who I believe to be Town.

El Topo

By the way Salva, I feel like "He has been great, but I feel he is playing us" is a bad explanation in my book. I don't have a read on Kalor, so I can't say if you're right, just saying that I don't really like the sound of that.

Sawneeks

Banned
Re:kalor

My original read can be found here. Splinter Analysis Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3.

tl;dr Kalor has been on the sidelines all game and did not vote for those he thought were Scum on Day 1 and Day 2. He also never spoke to Splinter except for once and it felt incredibly forced, other than that Splinter also ignored him despite throwing shade at nearly every other player and especially those on the less active side.

Therefore I believe he is playing a Scum on the sidelines who is coasting by.

Kalor

Saying that I've been leading the charge regarding votes is crazy. I voted first for Salva yesterday and that was the only instance where I was "leading the charge" . I wasn't going out there pushing that vote as much as other people.

Small aside, but I think the BBQ set is going to kill a bunch of people

A random thought popped into my head that maybe it's a Jailing ability because of the couches? but then that begs the question of who it got used on if at all .-.

Or it could be Arson. who knows.

Anyway, Sawneeks, I'm still gonna be keeping an eye on you for now. I want to believe you're town, same with Oceanic. But the two of you are super ambiguous, and we need to clarify some shit.

Top Bottom