• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm going to assume that whoever won the BBQ set maybe targeted ynnek7 or *Splinter.

I

uh

okay, topo

A random thought popped into my head that maybe it's a Jailing ability because of the couches? but then that begs the question of who it got used on if at all .-.

Or it could be Arson. who knows.

Anyway, Sawneeks, I'm still gonna be keeping an eye on you for now. I want to believe you're town, same with Oceanic. But the two of you are super ambiguous, and we need to clarify some shit.

Ask away. I'm always open to questions.

Sophia

kalor (6)
oceanicair 1123
sawneeks 1207
christina mackenzie 1221
nin1000 1228 (1232)
salvapot 1235
kyanrute 1281
starsketch 1288

el topo (0)
sawneeks 1128 (1207)

sawneeks (3)
cornburrito 1141 (1210)
stanleypalmtree 1147
melonrabbit 1194
karkador 1229

oceanicair (3)
cornburrito 1210
el topo 1233 (1273)
kalor 1253
nin1000 1260

Majority is 7.

blu_1472590800.png

Karkador

Banned
I doubt that.

well, bottom line, if OA claims his shots are used up, he must not really mind if he flips, and I would prefer the matter settled, but is it the most efficient use of a flip? Kind of a hard point to chew with less than 10 minutes left)

Sawneeks

Banned
Otherwise that person would have come forward, no? Unless Kark's cryptic comment (posted while I was writing mine) is supposed to indicate that.

Ynnek was a 1-shot Town Vig.

Splinter is Scum.

That's two kills accounted for. If the BBQ can actively kill someone then we have a kill missing.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

Karkador

Banned
and no, I'm not doused, nor am I invited to a friendly picnic or anything.

But I do think scum has the BBQ. In any case, it looks like trouble.

well, bottom line, if OA claims his shots are used up, he must not really mind if he flips, and I would prefer the matter settled, but is it the most efficient use of a flip? Kind of a hard point to chew with less than 10 minutes left)

I swear I'm gonna vote for the next person who says we should lynch somebody for "clarification"

El Topo

You're not making sense, Sawneeks. The BBQ set seems more like an arsonist item, not a direct kill item. Grill yourself and your family dinner? Come on.

Also just so everyone knows where I stand:
VOTE:Sawneeks

Karkador

Banned
Here we have an outdoor patio set with a grill perfect for barbecue!

Enjoy a summer afternoon out with this four piece outdoor patio set from Outsunny! Featuring a double seated sofa, two single seats, and an outdoor coffee table!

And as afternoon turns to evening, grill you and your family dinner on this two-burner gas grill by Char-Broil!"

Flavor is flavor, but it sounds like the user and 3 invitees are going to die in a fire.

It's like Ouro wrote this.

Anyway, it's more just bold predictions than anything. Something to mull over, in case I'm not alive tomorrow. I still think scum has it.

Sawneeks

Banned
I *just* gave an answer, namely that maybe Splinter or ynnek were targeted. Maybe it is a suicide item (yourself + family dinner). We can't rule that out either.

If it was a suicide item then Splinter or ynnek would have flipped with it.

They could have been targeted, I definitely won't rule that out. But until someone confirms either being doused or that they have the item there isn't much to go on.

Sophia

WHO WON THE GRILL!?

YOU'RE BOB BARKER SCUM!!!!

NO YOU'RE BOB BARKER SCUM!!!

THEY'RE TALKING TO EACH OTHER, I KNOW IT!!!!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

The fighting raged on and on as security ran down to the contestant's row in bulk. Putting everyone in their place, they saw at the brunt of it all was Kalor.

"I'm not the one causing problems, I tell you. I swear!" he shouted, but it was too late. The security guards began dragging Kalor out. The others looked on rather quietly, as he eventually disappeared from sight and the studio audience doors closed.

The cameras stopped rolling, as Drew Carey addressed the audience. An intermission was going to be held. Go out, get a drink, cool down, and come back and the show would go back on....

Hopefully...

Kalor, the ordinary Townie, has been removed from the building

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

Kalor come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAEERY~!!!!

Kalor had no items in his possession.

As the audience went about their business, Drew Carey and George Grey were talking up on stage with the producer.

"This has been a disaster", Drew mused...

"Please tell me you've got something good. We're really going to need it."

The producer and George piped up.

"We do, there's a Costa Rica Vacation coming up!"

Night 4's bidding phase ends in:

red_1472677200.png

Night 4 ends in:

gre_1472763600.png

SalvaPot

By the way Salva, I feel like "He has been great, but I feel he is playing us" is a bad explanation in my book. I don't have a read on Kalor, so I can't say if you're right, just saying that I don't really like the sound of that.

Get used to it, because I base my votes on hunches and flow rather than actual quotes and #scumtells.

Sophia

I had an emergency that required me to go into town, therefore Burb is handling the day start. Sorry about this, and do mind the bear or he'll eat you. :D

Burbeting

Banned
The price of Vacation is… $7833!

The crowd began to applaud, but that quickly changed to gasps, as the title in the background suddenly changed into something strange…

At that time, the always so benevolent Robot Host Sophia also disappeared through flying with her rocket boosters through the window, as a Bear with monocle came to the scene.
- Alright, people! I’m your new host, Burbeting! Come on down to the Price is Bear!
- Err… there is no such price as Bear?
- Whatever! Call it ‘The Bear is Right’, if you want to, I don’t care!
It didn’t seem that the bear was in a friendly mood, so people got very silent. Looks the game show was about to turn into beary real battle! But just before discussion was about to continue, the bear shouted:

- Oh right! I got the memo that somebody needs to be removed from the building! It was… yeah, melonrabbit!
And so the bear ate Melonrabbit in front of a live audience to everyone’s horror.

Melonrabbit has been removed from the building

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

Melonrabbit come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

Melonrabbit had the following items in their possession:

Congratulations, you have won an outdoor patio set with a grill! This item confers upon you the power of a 1-Shot Doctor

Once per game, during any night phase, you may protect a player from anything that may kill them by sending the command Protect: <player> to the moderator in PM.

Day 5 begins

6 is majority

I'm Late!

And uh.

You know how I said "We need to clarify some shit" with Sawneeks and Oceanic.

...yeah, I wasn't talking about asking questions.

I won the phone on N3, and it gave me Alignment cop abilities.

Re: the Salva topic - I've got a pretty good feeling he's town now with that flip, among other things.

I want to accuse you, because a Scum Role Cop would be able to scan for who got what item, but I'm uncertain of the item usage mechanics. For all I know, you didn't get your results until night actions were locked in or something.

You're also, you know, still here after a chunk of the thread was like "We kill magnum and Oceanic is left wide open."
The first bit there is me breadcrumbing that I checked Salva. as for the second bolded entry, I was kinda intentionally trying to be vague here? I didn't want to be too obvious that I had a role ability, since that would be like putting a huge ass target on my head.

A random thought popped into my head that maybe it's a Jailing ability because of the couches? but then that begs the question of who it got used on if at all .-.

Or it could be Arson. who knows.

Anyway, Sawneeks, I'm still gonna be keeping an eye on you for now. I want to believe you're town, same with Oceanic. But the two of you are super ambiguous, and we need to clarify some shit.

This was a bread crumb that I was going to check on Sawneeks that night. And I did. She's town. I checked SalvaPot N3, he's town.

This probably will get me killed later, but I don't want this to be a repeat of DP. Seriously.

nin1000

Banned
current Roster :

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
5. [f] Sawneeks
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
10. [f] StarSketch
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie
14. [-] SalvaPot
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

Just wondering Sketch, is the cop ability indefinite or is it limited shot like the rest seem to be?

Also, unless we actually lynch mafia today I'm not %100 sure that they'd kill you since we have no idea if you're telling the truth about the item and would also clear a couple of town nearly definitively, (barring a Godfather of course) which is extremely counterproductive from their perspective late game. Also if you're mafia you could easily hide a fellow member in there (Sawneeks or Salva) and the true way to tell would be lynching you and at this stage I'm not willing to waste another lynch on merely checking. Either way I'm gonna believe mainly because we're entirely screwed otherwise lol.

Quick Q, Sketch:

How much did you bid on that phone?

$750.

Just wondering Sketch, is the cop ability indefinite or is it limited shot like the rest seem to be?

Also, unless we actually lynch mafia today I'm not %100 sure that they'd kill you since we have no idea if you're telling the truth about the item and would also clear a couple of town nearly definitively, (barring a Godfather of course) which is extremely counterproductive from their perspective late game. Also if you're mafia you could easily hide a fellow member in there (Sawneeks or Salva) and the true way to tell would be lynching you and at this stage I'm not willing to waste another lynch on merely checking. Either way I'm gonna believe mainly because we're entirely screwed otherwise lol.

It's indefinite, but there's a certain drawback to it. It'll be really obvious when it kicks in.

El Topo

So can anyone find a reason we should not trust StarSketch, other than that she voted for whoever got lynched every time?

Top Bottom