• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Nin you're really taking a more active role these past few days. It is hard to tell whether this is a genuine desire to put in more effort, or if you and your scum team are close to winning (Sawneeks said we might be in LyLo if we mislynch today) so you're putting in some mega effort to cause a mislynch.

But no... I don't think the latter is true. You are putting in more effort, but not the sort of effort I'd expect of desperate scum. I'm thinking town.

Vote: Karkador

Sophia

nin1000 (3)
stanleypalmtree 1657
salvapot 1673
karkador 1676

karkador (2)
nin1000 1670
cornburrito 1702

Majority is 5

Day ends in:
blu_1473282000.png

But no... I don't think the latter is true. You are putting in more effort, but not the sort of effort I'd expect of desperate scum. I'm thinking town.

Vote: Karkador

Umm, nin's quite literally stating the obvious.
This list:
1. [m] StanleyPalmtree
2. [m] Karkador
4. [m] OceanicAir
5. [-] Christina Mackenzie
7. [m] CornBurrito
8. [m] Kyanrute

Is just about the least helpful thing that I could ever imagine posting. What kind of effort does it take to say remove me and the cop cleared people and this is what's remaining! Unless, you're saying that the lousiness of his defense is why he's town... then that's an interesting take.

Yeah, I'm not buying your story nin1000.

I think it's worth visiting OceanicAir again. Role cop who survives the night, claims 2-shots, throws suspicion on StarSketch the unlimited shot alignment cop and first suggested the possibility of a godfather. He could have additional shots and lied about it. Before StarSketch was killed last night, mafia already hit 2 power roles in a row. They must have had additional info.

If you flip mafia, you were trying to cover for OceanicAir.

VOTE: nin1000

Kyanrute

Corn, this is bit of a old topic but anyway. Remember when you thought that scum Splinter was bussing scum dragonz? Began around day two I think. On day two, you said multiple times that you supported this theory and even voted for Splinter to show that you were more than just words. What I've gathered, you supported the bussing idea until Splinter died and then had to reconsider it somewhat. Consistent.

Your Dusk vote looks bad with this in mind. You did not vote for dragonz, who you thought was scum and whose lynch could've told you if your theory was possible. After voting for Splinter, you switch topics altogether and talk about Dusk and how he'd be a good information lynch. Why did you not push for dragonz, wasn't she a good lynch too in your mind - possible scum and a possible connection to a scum partner?

FYI 1 vote away. Early day end and all that.

Kyanrute

I think it's worth visiting OceanicAir again. Role cop who survives the night, claims 2-shots, throws suspicion on StarSketch the unlimited shot alignment cop and first suggested the possibility of a godfather. He could have additional shots and lied about it. Before StarSketch was killed last night, mafia already hit 2 power roles in a row. They must have had additional info.

ynnek won the vigishot on the same night he died. It was impossible for scum to know he had the kitchen tools of mass murder. It was a complete coincidence or scum have information we have no idea about.

nin1000

Banned

And if i flip town ? I know i will be lynched today. I dont mind it, what i do mind is that you guys just take my efforts and make them seem not very valuable. I mean i at least try whereas OA has been very defensive today.

What you will learn about me after my lynch.

1. I had a vacation with me that gave me the power to go "on vacation" for a single time
2. I turned out Vanilla Town.

I mean thats at least something.

Please keep an open mind about the remaining players and dont be fooled. Mafia played strong but its not over now Town !

nin1000

Banned
Me repeating the same old thing , saying that i am town should not be seen as a defense.

I Rather put my vote on somebody i have issues believing.

VOTE: OceanicAir

nin1000

Banned
nin you voted for Oceanic on day four and showed some amount of suspicion towards him on day five. Today you say in #1667 that you still think he is scum. Why is he missing from your top three scum in #1694? Did something change?

Nope, just forgot about him since he was just lurking and watching town eat itself up

And if i flip town ? I know i will be lynched today. I dont mind it, what i do mind is that you guys just take my efforts and make them seem not very valuable. I mean i at least try whereas OA has been very defensive today.

What you will learn about me after my lynch.

1. I had a vacation with me that gave me the power to go "on vacation" for a single time
2. I turned out Vanilla Town.

I mean thats at least something.

Please keep an open mind about the remaining players and dont be fooled. Mafia played strong but its not over now Town !
Your contributions aren't valuable though. And I don't get this whole "I won an item and you'll see that I'm town!"

You've been excruciatingly unhelpful and erratic that's why people are voting you, not whether or not people believe you won an item (that you somehow didn't realize could be helpful to mafia). Also, where have I been defensive this phase? Nin please, quit making up stuff.
Me repeating the same old thing , saying that i am town should not be seen as a defense.

I Rather put my vote on somebody i have issues believing.

VOTE: OceanicAir
Issues believing about what? And lurking really, how can you even tell? There are barely over 100 posts this phase! This is town wide problem this phase, not one person.

Kyanrute is right. I forgot Ynnek7 won the prize the same night he was killed.

Really now? C'mon we've gone over this several times.

nin1000

Banned
Your contributions aren't valuable though. And I don't get this whole "I won an item and you'll see that I'm town!"

What is there not to get ? i mean i just stated the facts that will turn out after my death.
As i said earlier i dont mind being lynched and i get why i will get lynched.
What i want to do now , as i am still alive is to get the conversation going. I dont need to convince anyone. Since it seems that almost everyone made up their mind about me.
Again that is something i have to deal with since it was my fault.

You've been excruciatingly unhelpful and erratic that's why people are voting you, not whether or not people believe you won an item (that you somehow didn't realize could be helpful to mafia). Also, where have I been defensive this phase? Nin please, quit making up stuff.

that is true and as i said i get why i will get voted out but your passive agressive style is not helping your case either.

Issues believing about what? And lurking really, how can you even tell? There are barely over 100 posts this phase! This is town wide problem this phase, not one person.

I have issues believing you

Sawneeks

Banned
Nin you're really taking a more active role these past few days. It is hard to tell whether this is a genuine desire to put in more effort, or if you and your scum team are close to winning (Sawneeks said we might be in LyLo if we mislynch today) so you're putting in some mega effort to cause a mislynch.

'Might' be in LyLo?

How many Scum do you think we have left, 2?

Sawneeks

Banned

Could you elaborate what you meant by this? How is Nin covering for OA?

What is there not to get ? i mean i just stated the facts that will turn out after my death.
As i said earlier i dont mind being lynched and i get why i will get lynched.
What i want to do now , as i am still alive is to get the conversation going. I dont need to convince anyone. Since it seems that almost everyone made up their mind about me.
Again that is something i have to deal with since it was my fault.

that is true and as i said i get why i will get voted out but your passive agressive style is not helping your case either.

How's stating the obvious valuable contributions? Your people that we should look at has changed throughout this very phase! That's what isn't helping your case. While you are on my short list, I'd be exponentially happier to lynch CM mainly because there have been some terrible arguments coming from them this phase and inconsistencies along with their inactivity or Corn mainly due to general disinterest with playing the game. I won't weep tears though if you are gone since you've been a major distraction.

I have issues believing you
smh

Scum is currently winning, why would they be desperate?

Desperate to end the game as quickly as possible. Having been scum before, I know that sometimes scum will do gambits and the like right at end game. Because they get impatient. Scum has lost a game to that before.

nin1000

Banned
Desperate to end the game as quickly as possible. Having been scum before, I know that sometimes scum will do gambits and the like right at end game. Because they get impatient. Scum has lost a game to that before.

I think this time they dont really have to do anything like it since Town has done their job for the past couple of days.

nin1000

Banned
I won't weep tears though if you are gone since you've been a major distraction.

I understand that OA and as i said it is MY fault that i am in this position right now.
The main thing that i have issues with is that i cant really put my finger on anyone in this game. Mafia played pretty safe this time around.

I understand that OA and as i said it is MY fault that i am in this position right now.
The main thing that i have issues with is that i cant really put my finger on anyone in this game. Mafia played pretty safe this time around.

That I can agree with, which is why town that acts scummy is extremely problematic. But you always just give opinions on the remaining players in the meantime.

SalvaPot

So, I have a strong feeling nin is scum.

Yet I fell that Karkador is smartly playing me to get me to go for nin.

And also the fact that Star was a cop makes me wonder if I can trust Oceanic after all. 2 cops given away seems like too many for the setup, specially since all other roles have been really varied.

As of this moment I feel lynching Oceanic might give us more information than lynching nin, who is mostly a hunch.

What do you think, Karkador?

SalvaPot

What information does Oceanic give us with a flip? Actual question

Well, there is the theory that he is working with the other Mason and that is how he got the information of the mason chat, as in, they are both scum.

But now that Sawneeks is cleaned, that means kyan has to be the partner. Or Sawneeks is Godfather.

Then again, Oceanic did get the laptop, but then again, that doesn't clean him as town.

And his reveal of the mason was phrased as a gotcha moment, so its also likely he tried to win townie points by been truthful.

If Oceanic is scum, then I think is very likely sawneeks and kyan is too. But this was your original idea, isn't it kark?

For what reason would I need townie points at that stage of the game that would override the usefulness of a role cop? And if we were a scum trifecta, why allow Kyan to undermine my ability by revealing the masons before I could name Sawneeks?

SalvaPot

For what reason would I need townie points at that stage of the game that would override the usefulness of a role cop? And if we were a scum trifecta, why allow Kyan to undermine my ability by revealing the masons before I could name Sawneeks?

Everyone needs townie points no matter when.

Karkador

Banned
Well, there is the theory that he is working with the other Mason and that is how he got the information of the mason chat, as in, they are both scum.

He could have also bluffed it, as Dusk's flip spelled out what was in the game. However, nobody else has come forward as owning the computer, so it seems a moot point.

You know, in all of what's transpired, we have never heard much about what Kyan and Sawneeks chatted about as Masons.

If Oceanic is scum, then I think is very likely sawneeks and kyan is too. But this was your original idea, isn't it kark?

they're both scum, or one of them is? i also don't recall putting forward a plan with OA. I've just said it's weird that they don't NK him, and instead NK picks like ynnek and melonrabbit (who turn out to have items, but still).

Everyone needs townie points no matter when.

Unless you think Kyan is town and Sawneeks is a godfather/mafia (then I'd actually need some reasons as to why that'd be) or Sawneeks is town/Godfather/mafia and Kyan is mafia (and undermining said townie points) then I don't know what you are getting at.

Kyanrute

If everyone was an ordinary at the start, the only item that could've been Godfather was the laptop. Iirc all other prizes before Star checked Sawneeks have gone to known town members. This raises a great problem: uncertainty. While Oceanic's statement that the mason he found did not vote for Dusk could work if he won a Godfather item, gave it to scum buddy Sawneeks and then revealed Sawneeks as a mason, there is an another thing that was a complete guess. Oceanic's second scan was Karkador and Oceanic claimed he saw nothing but an Ordinary. Karkador did not dispute this.

Thus, it is then required that Karkador is scum too, otherwise scum would have to guess, based on nothing (because everyone was an ordinary at the start, that was the premise, they could have no other items at this point), who had no items at that point. They had the chances though, since they'd just have to avoid the one other existing item holder at the time. If scum team has four members in it, the chance was 1/12 or 8,333...% to hit the only bad scenario. If they had hit the item holder, the item holder might've kept quiet or revealed themselves, making them a easy kill for scum. Godfather scum team is then Oceanic, Kark, Sawneeks.

For the record, I do not support this idea. It's problem is that if everyone can win items, what use does town have for a Godfather? That just makes no sense. The price mechanic would be stupid if this was the case.

The alternative is that scum had the Godfather right from the start. We can't disprove this straight out because we've only flipped one scum so far. But it seems almost certain that scum could win items. Had scum won the alignment cop, what use would've the Godfather been? Nearly nothing, while there might be some absurd theoretical cases out there, Godfather would've been useless had scum won the alignment cop. Why then put a Godfather in the game, if it could end up being useless? I don't think certain items are earmarked for town, that'd just make the bidding mechanic a pointless smokescreen. This alternative seems just stupid to me. Unless someone else figures out a way for the Godfather to exist, there shouldn't be one.

Who will do the honor of taking out Nin 2.0

NiN 2.0
8)
With all due respect but I don't really see a difference between this nin and the old one.

Anybody with any objections with me hammering? Again I'd really much rather go for CM, but I can't lynch them by myself.

nin1000

Banned
With all due respect but I don't really see a difference between this nin and the old one.

Anybody with any objections with me hammering? Again I'd really much rather go for CM, but I can't lynch them by myself.

I don't have any issues with you voting me out oceanic air. I think you are on the right track with cm.

Sawneeks

Banned
And yes, I know I don't have a vote down yet.

1 more vote hammers Nin so I'm not about to do that yet but at the same time I'm still hesitant to lynch him.

He has clearly given up at this point, I just can't tell if that's Town giving up or Scum throwing in the towel. He has been acting weird and all over but I almost feel like that's geniune and not Nin being underhanded. Call it a gut feeling.

I do find the sudden OA push interesting, same with the one on Kark earlier. So if anything if Nin does flip Scum I would suggest looking there, although if Scum would be so blatant in trying to save their teammate would be weird.

Top Bottom