• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216221872]Lol they got rid of show and tell, sneak attack, emrakul, natural order and dark depths in the legacy cube for stuff like wharf infiltrator and tireless tracker

Nice legacy cube guys[/QUOTE]

Wait they got rid of like half the fun cards from the online Cube? Source?

As an aside I need to put the finishing touched on my Cube submission <3

Santiako

whwFcqv.jpg

Incendiary Sabotage - 2RR Instant - Uncommon
As a additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice an artifact.
~ deals 3 damage to each creature.
"All of those Consulate safety measures undone with a little tweak"

Insane in limited.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you want that, we already have Gisela.

She's less outshined by Gisela and more outshined by Archangel Avacyn.

If I were still playing my UW Spirits deck in Kaladesh I would be more likely to play this than Avacyn.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
She's okay. I have to wonder though if the format is going to develop some synergy with +1/+1 counters or tokens that will make her shine

Supast4r

I didn't say it was his only option -- don't put words in my mouth. And frankly I'm not interested in having this argument again. I think Sorin was a dick, but Nahiri was bat-shit crazy. Being a dick justifies attempted murder? Ok... but let's say Nahiri was right was right to attack Sorin during that first fight, that's fine. Attempting to kill an entire plane in the name of revenge against one person, reasons aside, is super villain-tier shit. I repeat -- she attempted to outright destroy an entire world. Entire societies made up of presumably millions of people and other sentient beings. Maybe if she put this much effort into saving her own plane instead of trying to destroy Sorin's we would have had a good return to her world and Battle for Zendikar wouldn't have sucked so badly. So good, now she's TWICE the villain.

By responding to my post you CLEARLY want to continue this discussion lmao. Innistrad isn't an entire society based on tons of people. The plane's theme is about zombies and vampries aka most of the shit there is already dead or experimented on by mad scientists. The only thing that isn't undead there is humans who will die to the zombies/vamps when avacyn loses power. Is it really bad to destroy a plane full of dead stuff anyhow? Sorin is the sole reason for us having Rise of the Eldrazi and Battle for Zendikar. Think about that. Sorin sitting on his ass is the reason why the eldrazi had to be fought twice...

Supast4r

Avacyn explicitly maintains the status quo. Creating an ecosystem that is not. We're not ok with Sorin refusing to help Nahiri, as we've all said, Sorin is an arse hole. We just don't think murdering an entire plane is an acceptable response.

EDIT: Short of a retcon, she's succeeded in murdering the plane, it'll just take a while.

"Maintaining the status quo" is maintaining an ecosystem. Put it this way, when Avacyn got sucked into the Helavault, Sorin had to come back and fix his ecosystem because vamps and werewolves were killing all the humans. It's kind of like playing Spore. I think that murdering a plane that already mostly dead and soley being used to keep Vampires around to prove a point is fine with me. Plus Sorin didn't even bother staying around to save his plane lol. This is why Nahiri is my spirit animal.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I like how the Legacy Cube just jettisoned Collected Company while adding literally every CoCo hit from Standard Bant Company to the cube

OnPoint

Being unable to attack through Ishkanah is kind of a liability.
Play Dec in Stone.

By responding to my post you CLEARLY want to continue this discussion lmao. Innistrad isn't an entire society based on tons of people. The plane's theme is about zombies and vampries aka most of the shit there is already dead or experimented on by mad scientists. The only thing that isn't undead there is humans who will die to the zombies/vamps when avacyn loses power. Is it really bad to destroy a plane full of dead stuff anyhow? Sorin is the sole reason for us having Rise of the Eldrazi and Battle for Zendikar. Think about that. Sorin sitting on his ass is the reason why the eldrazi had to be fought twice...
Oh. Sorry. Then I'll be more clear. We disagree, and that's fine. I really don't want to.

red13th

THAT ANGEL. wow!
It's an Anthem with a cloudgoat ranger impression that can be Reveillark'd, Alesha'd and Recruiter'd! I might be a fan! A shame white 5 drops are SO goddamn stacked, I already have 4 in my cube (Cloudgoat, Lark, Baneslayer and Avacyn) and wanted for a long time to cut 1. I think this one doesn't make it, but damn it's so exciting. :(

duxstar

White mythic angel is right up my alley. I just needed something to pick up all my verdurous gearhulk counters. Why play Gisela when i can get my own gisela, 2 3/3 tokens and a 5/5 trampler !

Yeah yeah magical christmasland let a guy dream.

I could easily see a bigger monowhite/colorless deck curving Selfless spirit into Displacer, into Gisela into this card.

Selfless spirit is my secret all star of the next set. With Languish gone i expect most removal to move to damage/destroy type effects again, where spirit should shine.

By the way this is actually how i build most decks before a set comes out lol
I go like this in my brain
Hmmm Spirit, Matter Reshaper, Eldrazi Displacer, Collective Effort, Gideon, Gisela, Avacyn, Angel of Invention, Declaration in Stone are all good white cards why not start with 4 of all of them in the deck and see what cards over/under perform.

I would imagine thats how alot of pros work too since that thought process leads you to alot of decks that are similar to pro tour decks.

Its not a stretch to imagine thats how these decks to get Emrakul out quickly were built

THAT ANGEL. wow!
It's an Anthem with a cloudgoat ranger impression that can be Reveillark'd, Alesha'd and Recruiter'd! I might be a fan! A shame white 5 drops are SO goddamn stacked, I already have 4 in my cube (Cloudgoat, Lark, Baneslayer and Avacyn) and wanted for a long time to cut 1. I think this one doesn't make it, but damn it's so exciting. :(

That's right, it does technically have 2 power, doesn't it? That could make it more appealing outside of Standard.

Also, random thought for a card that could work well with Harmless Offering.

Pet Gremlin - 1R
Creature - Gremlin
When Pet Gremlin enters the battlefield, you get EEE.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Pet Gremlin deals 5 damage to you unless you pay E.
2/2

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait they got rid of like half the fun cards from the online Cube? Source?

As an aside I need to put the finishing touched on my Cube submission <3
There's three different cubes. The legacy one is the one they constantly fuck with.

The RG uncommon was so crazy powerful that I started wondering if I could put a little RG "Energy" subtheme into the commons/uncommons cube. Thriving Grubs is definitely playable - I mean, it's a better Borderland Marauder. And Thriving Rhino is good too. They could also overlap with some Outlast synergies from Khans block as well.

My head is spinning with ideas...

Firemind

You're laughing now, but someone somewhere is happy about the next card for his goat tribal deck.
no i mean i hate the idea of gremlins being a thing

look at it they're like the size of hamsters and they're 2/1?

kobolds are spinning in their graves

jph139

Depending on how much 2 Energy is worth I actually really like the turtle in limited - solid wall and some energy for one mana is nice.

Depending on how much 2 Energy is worth I actually really like the turtle in limited - solid wall and some energy for one mana is nice.

The blue one (and the white one to some extent) is clearly meant to just add energy to your pool (battery?) and be worth a portion of a card from that point forward. The others are meant to spend their own energy to grow above the curve. But of course, the cool thing is that you get options. It looks like players are going to be getting and spending energy pretty freely throughout the course of a normal limited game, and it's not just going to be a color or color pair mechanic.

OnPoint

The more they reveal the more I am kind of impressed with how different Kaladesh feels. I'm not sure it's a good or a bad different yet, but it does feel unique. Energy is certainly its own thing and vehicles have a certain unfamiliarity as well. I'm really interested to see how things play.

Something that's missing for me is representation on how some cards add energy. Like that rhino is just a rhino it doesn't have a contraption or anything on it that could be converting it's movement to energy.
There's a visual disconnect.

bigkrev

The Green and white ones are wonderful limited cards, the red one is constructed playable if they ever print playable burn while it's standard legal, the black one is decent limited filler, and the blue one is ????

Good cycle.

Hero

The Green and white ones are wonderful limited cards, the red one is constructed playable if they ever print playable burn while it's standard legal, the black one is decent limited filler, and the blue one is ????

Good cycle.

Agree with this assessment. I actually kind of like how multiples can make your first one even bigger.

red13th

White 5-drops already were the worst first-world-problem a cube manager could have, now it's even worse. I just realised the artist of that Angel is Volkan Baga, I want to add her even more now but cutting Baneslayer Angel feels so wrong. And it works so well with Cloudgoat himself it's weird to cut him. Aaah it's so hard!

Matriox

Y'all think that new angel might be good with Displacer running around?

I imagine a deck that plays Displacer and the angel would want Avacyn, which floods the 5 drop a bit. Could be a play both situation, but a token deck that blinks I'd have a hard time not playing a set of Avacyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom