• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image.ashx

Part of me wants to find a pun that replaces "shit" because I feel like it's not good to have in a thread title. But I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.
How about energy?

"the energy that makes your soul burn slow".

I think ppl will still catch the reference, and the energy term is relevant to the current set.

Out of curiosity which stories stand out as the most baffling?

As I read the wiki entries for Urza and the Brothers' War I was shocked at how deep the lore went. I have worked on a few Warhammer 40K games, so I'm no stranger to absurd stories, but I just found Magic's to be more elaborate than I expected.

Maybe that's just because I didn't expect a "card game" to have such a detailed history? The whole Planeswalker Mending thing is funny to me, as well. Like, it makes sense, just find it kinda crazy :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can totally say "shit"

You can say it on cable so it's fine.

OnPoint

One last 'ether' / Aether joke

| OT | Aether Revolt - Does this standard smell like chloroform to you?

I still like the other one better though

Since it seems like a lot of discussion will be about this in the new topic, I decided to add this note to the OP:

One thing to note about discussion in this thread is that a lot of us are specifically looking for cards that will change up Standard, a playing format made up of the past several sets. In the past, people complained that set themes didn't get a chance to shine in Standard, since it was too easy to shut them down, so Wizards has been trying out a philosophy where set themes don't have strong "answer" cards. However, for many players, this has backfired and made certain decks too strong. Wizards has acknowledged this, but they work too far ahead to make quick changes. Thus, people here are hoping for Aether Revolt to have cards that exile cards from graveyards and destroy artifacts, among other possible effects, and a lot of discussion will likely revolve around that.

Super nitpicky feedback- might want to include the pro tour location as well, since you're given grand prix locations.

That's because the Grand Prix are named after their locations. The Pro Tours used to be too, until they switched over to the set naming scheme. I don't think there's any real benefit to listing locations if they aren't part of the name. There's only one tournament between Aether Revolt and Amonkhet I have listed that doesn't have the location in its name, but in the Kaladesh schedule, I had multiple others, so having to add the location isn't a big cost now, but it could be later.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's because the Grand Prix are named after their locations. The Pro Tours used to be too, until they switched over to the set naming scheme. I don't think there's any real benefit to listing locations if they aren't part of the name. There's only one tournament between Aether Revolt and Amonkhet I have listed that doesn't have the location in its name, but in the Kaladesh schedule, I had multiple others, so having to add the location isn't a big cost now, but it could be later.
It doesn't matter for Pro Tours since you almost assuredly know whether you are invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom