• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Ashodin will be happy:

armoryautomaton.jpg

Whenever Armory Automaton enters the battlefield or attacks, attach to it any number of target equipments. (Control of Equipment doesn't change.)

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";221651839]Midnight Oil is a much better limited card than I was expecting. Helps that I had two Gearhulks to draw into, but still.[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's basically just a 4 mana Phyrexian Arena that can sometimes be better (not cost any life) and sometimes be worse (you can't play one of the cards). I was surprised at how much people hated it when it was first spoiled.

bigkrev

RPTQ Promo
CvyHlqNVUAAXAm_.png

Grand Prix Promo
CvyHrmEVMAAOCF4.png

I'd bitch about no new art on Progenitus, but because the art is so Iconic, I'll instead bitch about the fact that it isn't a modern playable card anymore

ultron87

Wonder why Yidris has a replacement effect that happens as you cast a spell to give the spell cascade, which then immediately triggers, instead of "...spells you cast from your hand this turn have cascade."

alternade

I get it but at the same time I don't................

Why is it mythic though and in those colors..............

Troubling............

bigkrev

I get it but at the same time I don't................

Why is it mythic though and in those colors..............

Troubling............

Rarity literally means nothing in these products. The only reason a card is mythic instead of a rare is because they wanted to make it a foil instead of a non-foil.

Toughness Matters is an Abzan thing, which means it could reasonably be a BG thing.

Crocodile

Mythic and Rare designations don't matter much in products like these. It just means they only come in one of the decks.

Toughness matters is sort of a BG theme they're experimenting with last few years

More specifically, BG "toughness matters" was a draft archetype in Khans of Tarkir/Fate Reforged. So its especially appropriate for that card which hails from Tarkir.

So far I'm thinking
Equipment / Voltron said:
Equipments enable silas best in getting through and support in being voltron. Akiri gives him access to white for Equipment matters and red for artifact sac effects as well as a better voltron target if there's nothing to get back.
Landfall Combo said:
I don't think any partner offers enough colourwise to overcome the lack in synergy. Kydele has with Thrasios. I genuinely believe Thrasios is busted even if it's just a better Azure Mage.

Bandini

Magus of the Will fits right into my Meren deck, man that thing is nice. There's so many times I've wanted to cast a noncreature spell residing in my graveyard. Eternal Witness just got a new buddy.

I don't think any partner offers enough colourwise to overcome the lack in synergy. Kydele has with Thrasios. I genuinely believe Thrasios is busted even if it's just a better Azure Mage.

Add in Mind Over Matter and you can churn through your entire deck and make a giant stack of mana with Kydele and Trasios together...

EDIT: Actually, since Trasios forces you to put the lands on the battlefield, this doesn't quite go infinite.

EDIT 2: Okay, so if you add Retreat to Coralhelm then you have a four-card "put your spells in your graveyard and lands onto the battlefield and make shitloads of mana" combo.

Literally my favorite thing to do in EDH is assemble Rube Goldberg "I win the game right now" combos. The more pieces, the better.

The "Quest" system on Magic Duels is one of the worst implementation of daily tasks I have ever interacted with. It honestly feels random with when it updates your list with a new quest.

Each slot says "Come back tomorrow" - But you can wait a full 24h and not have it update. Almost any F2P game has a better implementation... It does not instill me with confidence in any sort of "Magic Digital Next" if neither Wizards nor their outsourced developers can do the most basic of modern retention systems in their current games.

The system which is supposed to encourage me to log in every day makes me annoyed and, as a result, NOT want to log in because it's legit indecipherable.

Solution:
* Timer
* Known Refresh Time (War Thunder does this, it's like 3AM Moscow time)
* 24h from last completion in that slot
* Anything else from what they are doing

MoxManiac

To be clear, bigkrev is referring to a card that was edited out of his post, not Grip of Phyresis, right? EDIT: Yeah, I see it elsewhere.

Anyway, lots of neat cards today. I'm particularly glad they went with something more interesting for red's undaunted card.

EDIT:
seedsofrenewal.jpg

Boring, but it seems good.

I dunno, i'd rather run Wildest Dreams for flexibility. You need 3 other players for Seeds of Renewal to be even remotely good.

Toxi

Banned
Jesus Christ those Simic commanders are like everything stupid about that color combo. Absurd mana acceleration and a mana sink that draws cards and looks for combos.

Meanwhile Rakdos gets fucking Vial Smasher the Fierce.

WotC does not understand what effects are powerful in Commander. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom