• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

31823396524_e30057e53e_k.jpg

32018549174_842cab86f2_k.jpg

For anyone interested: The dev menu in Dying Light is still functional.

.....can you ride slyzards in W3? I got a little ways into BaW and put it down, but if you're about to tell me I can ride that, I'm hopping back in immediately.

Shumafuk

Dat chromatic aberration on screenshots from For Honor... Why? Why graphic designers puts in games lens defects? Photographers and cinematographers would pay millions for perfect lenses. And game devs just put it in. It's not even cool effect like lens flares (which is also non-sens, especial in FPS games). Just WHY, damit?!

Timu

Dat chromatic aberration on screenshots from For Honor... Why? Why graphic designers puts in games lens defects? Photographers and cinematographers would pay millions for perfect lenses. And game devs just put it in. It's not even cool effect like lens flares (which is also non-sens, especial in FPS games). Just WHY, damit?!
Because they think it looks cool, even though it looks horrible most of the time due to how it's used.

Filben

If there is a lot of grass I would never use lanczos.
True. As in real life vegetation never have sharp edges. That's why I never use the in-game sharpening of The Witcher 3 since there's so much foliage. Looks way better and less straining when it's rather smooth.

R8TEDM3

Love the aerial combat in this game! It's done pretty darn well...wish we get more games like this instead of cough cough 1st person shooters.

32057336793_5806b123ff_o.jpg

32490672200_232aac4602_o.jpg

Is that an ENB for dying light or accessed through dev menu? The lighting is awesome.
It's ReShade.
I did some fiddling last year to get better lightning out of Stalker (#1, #2) by combining and tweaking some folks' settings. Tried to do the same with DL since some areas remind me of Stalker and look to have potential in that regard. Straight up used the same ReShade with some adjustments. I can send it to you if you're interested, but it is not suited for gameplay most of the time anyway (It's ok from 7:30 until 8 in the morning ingame tough :p).

Shumafuk

True. As in real life vegetation never have sharp edges. That's why I never use the in-game sharpening of The Witcher 3 since there's so much foliage. Looks way better and less straining when it's rather smooth.
I think it is not so bad if you combine it with ReShade's SMAA. Currently I'm using low sharpening with SMAA and results are much better then in game FXAA with sharpening or just SMAA with some of ReShades sharpening shaders.

Because they think it looks cool, even though it looks horrible most of the time due to how it's used.
Reminds me time, when bloom effects was discovered... Woha, that were also dark ages of graphic evolution=D

Anyone has expericne with Imgur? What is the best way to upload?
Right away as .png or convert it first (to .jpg or somehting)? Preview looks fine but as soon as I zoom in, I get aliasing around some objects, no matter if jpg, png, Lanczos3 or Lanczos2. o_O
------------------------------------

32069132723_b84c1273d7_k.jpg

32842681436_ee847d701f_k.jpg

Filben

I know that GAF is pretty fond of this technique but everytime I've seen it in-game... it was not a revelation nor pretty. Yes, a bit more sharp but I could see more 'jaggyness', too. I prefer the light blur of FXAA and have smoother edges (it's not like a complete blur filter layed over the image, it's still just the edges). It's probably not what most people understand as good image quality but I find it more appealing and realistic. I've worked with lenses in a laboratory and have a different understanding of the term acuity, acutance or 'sharpness', since then. Our visual practice on photographies have changed too over the past 20 years. And they are still changing, especially with HDR coming around.

32412807840_2f891c16af_o.jpg

32669870551_c2b0ea6490_o.jpg

The attention to detail is striking. The little teeth of the wolven heads at the sword. And The Witcher 3 is not only a beautiful looking game, the story (Hearts of Stone) is one of the best ever written.

Lender

Right away as .png or convert it first (to .jpg or somehting)? Preview looks fine but as soon as I zoom in, I get aliasing around some objects, no matter if jpg, png, Lanczos3 or Lanczos2. o_O

I'd quickly create a Flickr account.

Cool shots btw!

Some Witcher portraits.

32044690574_09a866b141_o.jpg

32024690124_3f1b1a95fc_o.jpg

32024690354_60e9e6e8f4_o.jpg

Dreadmoth

Right away as .png or convert it first (to .jpg or somehting)? Preview looks fine but as soon as I zoom in, I get aliasing around some objects, no matter if jpg, png, Lanczos3 or Lanczos2. o_O]

If you have an Imgur account, you can upload a .png up to 5MB and it won't be compressed or resized. If your image is over 5MB, compress it yourself to avoid heavy automatic (re)compression.

Quick comparison from 6.9MB .png:
Imgur automatic compression (0.5MB)
FastStone 99% .jpg (no subsampling) (3.9MB)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/339/32069132723_b84c1273d7_k.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2126/32842681436_ee847d701f_k.jpg

Man I wish we could export photoshop curves straight into Reshade because that is like one very slight tweak from being just absolutely spot on lighting.

81RQGYV.png

Top Bottom