• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata is Gold

Sorry if this has been asked a lot, but do we know for sure that the Asia version will include English subtitles?

Thinking about using my HK account to get this, so I can use the leftover money on there.
Also, waiting 2 days sounds a lot better than 2 weeks and it would free up a bit of time in the crazy march launch window.

Both the JP and NA versions have both English and Japanese Audio, as well as English Subtitles.

Welp, watched that CM. I had an idea what 9S was doing in that one trailer, but I guess that confirms it.

I didn't even want to watch it, but someone posted it on tumblr without a spoiler warning and I got hit with it while scrolling.

I fear for the next two weeks...

Hey, I'm stuck with you on this too.

I swear, if any of you spoil anything in the OT...

After the discussion in the other thread about how NieR: Automata wasn't a single person's definition of 'deep action game', I got started on this out of curiosity.

Turns out that NieR: Automata will have at least 50 loadout-sensitive combo animations + special moves depending on what weapons are equipped in what slot.

... But it could have as many as 150 if both 9S
and A2
have their own animations and accompanying combo trees.
It's a good idea to stay out of the OT, there is a pretty high chance that someone will accidentally spoil something about the game.

The gameplay is amazing just from the demo, and it seems there will be much more options in the full game. Can't wait.

Raxious

Really thought about importing it myself, but then I decided not to. With Horizon coming out next week, I wanna be able to play that game first so I can then focus my attention to Nier.

Hybrid897

Yeah, I just wanted to look up the price, but I guess they won't add it until release.
They did the same thing for the last game I bought on there.

Price is $428 HKD. English/Jp confirmed aswell.

Source

I'm gonna buy it on asia store when it goes up, saves me $40AUD since I only need to buy a $500hkd code instead of 10000yen code. Sucks that there doesnt seem to be preload though 47gb will take awhile for me.

Source

I'm gonna buy it on asia store when it goes up, saves me $40AUD since I only need to buy a $500hkd code instead of 10000yen code. Sucks that there doesnt seem to be preload though 47gb will take awhile for me.

I have an exam thursday, if i was a reasonable human being i would just HK version and save myself some money.

DKF590

Any downsides to buying the HK version over the JP version other than the lack of a preload? First time picking up a game from another region

Korso

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. Looks great. Demo was a lot of fun. But Platinum has made some fairly terrible games. We shall see.

Nya

Bought the digital PSN JP version, LETS GO!!!!!

This might be a dumb question but, the menus should be in English right?

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. Looks great. Demo was a lot of fun. But Platinum has made some fairly terrible games. We shall see.

Legend of Kora and Ninja Turtle are directed by the same guy, he is a terrible director and he is one of the directors working for platinum.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
After 27 hours ,NeoGaf would be
Heaven or Hell

Taura had nothing to do with Ninja Turtles. He made Wonderful101 (partially), MGR and Korra admittedly

Korra and ninja turtles were directed by Eiro Shirahama, tuara worked on MGR but he wasn't the director. People say platinum made some awful games, but the fact is the bad made platinum games are made by Eiro who isn't working on Nier.

Hektor

Korra and ninja turtles were directed by Eiro Shirahama, tuara worked on MGR but he wasn't the director. People say platinum made some awful games, but the fact is the bad made platinum games are made by Eiro who isn't working on Nier.

Alright, seems i misunderstood your post. Mea culpa

Alright, seems i misunderstood your post. Mea culpa

No problem man :)

I want to clarify that platinum has many directors and in my opinion all of them are good expect Eiro. You have Kamiya (Bayonetta, the Wonderful 101), Saito (MGR and Transformers), and Hashimoto (Bayonetta 2). I think it's unfair to say platinum sucks because of two low budget titles and they share the same director.

mcmmaster

Just curious, is it old news being able to break through the barriers towards the end of the demo and explore what I assume is the hub area?

Found a video of someone achieving this, just tried it out myself and its pretty cool seeing how far this demo extends past the factory.

MikeSan

Source

Hoping the french subs will be there too, if it's not the case, I'll wait until the European release.

Thanks for sharing ;)

raven777

Just curious, is it old news being able to break through the barriers towards the end of the demo and explore what I assume is the hub area?

Found a video of someone achieving this, just tried it out myself and its pretty cool seeing how far this demo extends past the factory.
yea this was found out few days after the demo came out. Pretty cool stuff...

Exentryk

First Look and Notes at Early Copy of NieR Automata (SPOILER FREE)

- The packaging is pretty good. Manuals and other information stuffs is really neat with Nier-ish aesthetic.

- When you get the physical copy early, you can play the game immediately. You can also do screen capture, but you cannot share it.

- The game’s file size is 47.7 Gb

- There’s an additional 6 Gb download for Patch 1.01 update coming on 2/23 (Day 1 Patch)

- If you play with the fresh installation data of the game WITHOUT patching it to 1.01, the save options is very limited (most of the time the game is not saved). You can play the game, following the story missions for several hours and at “some certain point” you will ABSOLUTELY die. Note that this thing won’t happen if you play the patched game on the official release date.

- Besides fixing the saving problem, Patch 1.01 will also fix some bugs, fix the game balance adjustment, and adds some additional content

- The tutorial in this game just doesn’t help so much. Be sure to read the manuals paper or in-game manuals

- Fast travel is in

Exentryk

The part where you will die if you have an unpatched game is curious to me. Am I right to assume if you don't have a patched game at all, the game just kills you and you can't progress through the story?

Sounds to me like the save points are at longer intervals than people would want, so they're making them at shorter intervals. Whether the extent of this is game breaking, we don't know.

We'll hear more about it soon though.

The part where you will die if you have an unpatched game is curious to me. Am I right to assume if you don't have a patched game at all, the game just kills you and you can't progress through the story?

They want to block people from enjoying early releases, but this also mean that even those who buy it on release date will have to wait for the patch to be fully downloaded and installed. Considering that every disc is the same in every region, it's going to happen in the US and here in EU too.

Exentryk

They want to block people from enjoying early releases, but this also mean that even those who buy it on release date will have to wait for the patch to be fully downloaded and installed. Considering that every disc is the same in every region, it's going to happen in the US and here in EU too.

That's actually a pretty clever way to block early release players haha. Just don't let them save the game, lol.

Rest mode to the rescue.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
It's not day 1 patch, it's day 1 fuck

Squire

Banned
The detail about a definite death is... interesting.

For those that watched the commercial with the spoiler at the end:
9S stabbing 2B looks exactly like Zero killing Five in D3. That can't be a coincidence, right?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The detail about a definite death is... interesting.

Hard to judge really, as it depends on what sort of structure Yoko is employing this time around. If its like Drakengard where past the initial ending the game branches off into multiple alternate timelines all kinds of stuff is possible. Nier was a bit different insofar as its gimmick was that short of a two-prong branch at the very-end, it was a single linear narrative, albeit with two perspectives from which to play its second half.

Its interesting because although there are some hideous character-related spoilers in the uncensored trophy list, there's very little in there to spoil the actual story. Its also worth noting that the "ending" trophies are listed in a slightly odd manner... I don't want to say more for obvious reasons but it appears to me that without knowing exactly how the game is structured, its really tough to see how it'll all fit together.

That being said it does paint a more compelling picture for how the 15 hrs for first ending, 30 for proper ending, and 60hrs for everything, content spread is achieved.

Both the JP and NA versions have both English and Japanese Audio, as well as English Subtitles.

I didn't even want to watch it, but someone posted it on tumblr without a spoiler warning and I got hit with it while scrolling.

I fear for the next two weeks...

what about the menus, etc?

Top Bottom