• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

*Splinter

It just reminded me of Archer mafia (yes, old game at this point), where another scum tried to kiss me up after I made a single long post. Gives me a sense of unease.
I haven't seen scum CCS but I wouldn't put it past him to do that. Problem is I know he would do it as town as well.

"Nothing out of character" = not alignment indicative, just to clarify.

acohrs

hey hey hey

goodbye

VOTE: acohrs

giphy.gif

Kawl_USC

What game has had a scum ccs?
I don't believe any.

I also believe his play in mini was a marked improvement over his antitown play which came before, so I'm hopeful he will continue to improve and won't be hasty to decry any differences in play style as a scum tell.

acohrs

Fun fact, I don't think I've ever played a game with acohrs where we were both town. Twice he's been scum and I've been town, and the other we were separate neutral factions.

Our relationship is born out of rugby and dogs
and filthy, filthy mutual lust

always trust a fellow rugger, it's a rule of the sport

Natiko

Banned
I don't believe any.

I also believe his play in mini was a marked improvement over his antitown play which came before, so I'm hopeful he will continue to improve and won't be hasty to decry any differences in play style as a scum tell.
Yeah, as a rule of thumb I'm not going to suspect someone over purely meta reasons. So just because CCS is different than he was in the games I've played with him doesn't mean I'm going to assume he's scum. His play is better currently which I'll gladly take regardless of alignment. If he is scum we'll narrow in on that through his actions throughout the game.

CCS

Banned
Do you agree or disagree with the points Splinter just made about my post?

I agree in as much as a lot of players do fall into those categories, but I think it's still helpful to think like that, because it focuses your mind on why someone is playing a certain way, and whether their attitude matches up with what they're saying.

What game has had a scum ccs?

Discounting live mafia, only ever been town or neutral.

I don't believe any.

That's very kind of you.

I might even go as far as breaking my long tradition of D1 role claims :p

*Splinter

Yeah, as a rule of thumb I'm not going to suspect someone over purely meta reasons. So just because CCS is different than he was in the games I've played with him doesn't mean I'm going to assume he's scum. His play is better currently which I'll gladly take regardless of alignment. If he is scum we'll narrow in on that through his actions throughout the game.
Huh? Did I miss something?

I don't disagree with Kawl's post but that seemed to be a hypothetical.

Natiko

Banned
Huh? Did I miss something?

I don't disagree with Kawl's post but that seemed to be a hypothetical.
CCS's play in his first three games (especially the first two) was frankly garbage. He knows full well I think that. He was town in both and played very anti-town, actively hurting his team. So the fact that he's not doing that this time I'm not going to condemn him for. I'm not going to say "oh you're not playing like garbage, you're clearly scum" because it would be based purely on meta and would reinforce in him the idea that to be town read he needs to play like a doof.

*Splinter

CCS's play in his first three games (especially the first two) was frankly garbage. He knows full well I think that. He was town in both and played very anti-town, actively hurting his team. So the fact that he's not doing that this time I'm not going to condemn him for. I'm not going to say "oh you're not playing like garbage, you're clearly scum" because it would be based purely on meta and would reinforce in him the idea that to be town read he needs to play like a doof.
Yeah that's why I agree with Kawl. I was hoping for examples of non-garbage in this game though.

oh shit, CCS

CCS, are you gonna take that from Natiko

Are you gonna let Natiko say that to your face, CCS

What a tragedy

Burbeting

Banned
I agree in as much as a lot of players do fall into those categories, but I think it's still helpful to think like that, because it focuses your mind on why someone is playing a certain way, and whether their attitude matches up with what they're saying.

Okay.

Natiko

Banned
I'm joking, Nat

I for one admire the retiree workforce
Thanks sweetie, I try my best. Any thoughts on already being one of the biggest topics of discussion despite not being anywhere near as disruptive as last game?

I for one have no clue if I should read into your different approach or not. Like CCS though I'll say it's a welcome improvement on the surface. Those viewing you as a negative surprise me because thus far I don't think you've really done anything negative. Unless shitposting counts but lots of people do that so..

Natiko

Banned
Yeah that's why I agree with Kawl. I was hoping for examples of non-garbage in this game though.
He hasn't roleclaimed, gave reasoning for his reads of acohrs and Bronx, etc. Before he would claim at random and then just force read people's alignment without any actual basis for it. I'm not saying CCS is best town player ever now at his feet, but it's certainly better thus far than in Zelda.

Bronx-Man

Banned
As for Blarg, I think lynching him should only be used if he's a liability for town. So far he's been pretty alright, nothing too bad outside some average shitposts like the rest of us are making.

But yeah, posting nothing but the same answering machine post for days at a time? That ain't gonna fly.

CCS

Banned

I accept your point about the first two, but I don't think I played badly in Quarantine :p

Kawl_USC

He hasn't roleclaimed, gave reasoning for his reads of acohrs and Bronx, etc. Before he would claim at random and then just force read people's alignment without any actual basis for it. I'm not saying CCS is best town player ever now at his feet, but it's certainly better thus far than in Zelda.
To be fair, his town read of acohrs is a force read and always will be. But players are allowed an eccentricity like that as long as they aren't also dumping claims out of no where, and otherwise playing like garbage.

I asked you what games you were in CCS because I personally don't look at players' old games, I did it for the rest of these chumps' records, see

I may "shitpost", but you can trust me to never wield meta like the barbaric, cursed bludgeon it is

I for one, gauge all players' competencies based on current text-based values

Can't trust the banks so I don't take it there, yeah

You're on my team now, CCS

We are a team

acohrs

oh shit, CCS

CCS, are you gonna take that from Natiko

Are you gonna let Natiko say that to your face, CCS

What a tragedy

Oi CCS old boy, think we've got a wind-up merchant on our hands. Should have just let him stew in hos own juices before now to increase the flavour, but unfortunately I tried to change the taste too soon. Oh well, guess I can still salvage a good if I just leave it be now.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I asked you what games you were in CCS because I personally don't look at players' old games, I did it for the rest of these chumps' records, see

I may "shitpost", but you can trust me to never wield meta like the barbaric, cursed bludgeon it is

We are a team
Speaking of which, I was getting really sick of how many people were relying on that in Zelda. It's not the great scum/town detector that a lot of us think it is. So thank you for that, Blarg.

Natiko

Banned
I accept your point about the first two, but I don't think I played badly in Quarantine :p
It was better than the first two, but I'm pretty sure had that game not unfolded as it did people would have started looking in your direction due to how OP your claim sounded.

To be fair, his town read of acohrs is a force read and always will be. But players are allowed an eccentricity like that as long as they aren't also dumping claims out of no where, and otherwise playing like garbage.
It at least has an attempt to justify it whereas before he wouldn't even bother with that much.

As for Blarg, I think lynching him should only be used if he's a liability for town. So far he's been pretty alright, nothing too bad outside some average shitposts like the rest of us are making.

But yeah, posting nothing but the same answering machine post for days at a time? That ain't gonna fly.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

CCS is mine, fuck off

Burbeting

Banned
Meta, like all things, can be useful if it's used in moderation. But it cannot be be-all end-all weapon to hit on others, scum can easily evade it by just acting 100% like they did in their town games.

CCS

Banned

We are a team

Oi CCS old boy, think we've got a wind-up merchant on our hands. Should have just let him stew in hos own juices before now to increase the flavour, but unfortunately I tried to change the taste too soon. Oh well, guess I can still salvage a good if I just leave it be now.

Now now lads, let's all get along. Team Shitpost, GO!!!

*Splinter

Meta, like all things, can be useful if it's used in moderation. But it cannot be be-all end-all weapon to hit on others, scum can easily evade it by just acting 100% like they did in their town games.
I've never seen it used that way, I don't know why that accusation came about in Zelda.

Why are we discussing past games and general Mafia strategy again?

VOTE: squidyj

Ask a better question (or justify your previous one).

CCS

Banned
I've never seen it used that way, I don't know why that accusation came about in Zelda.

Why are we discussing past games and general Mafia strategy again?

VOTE: squidyj

Ask a better question (or justify your previous one).

It's D1, we have to have something to do :p

but I understand why some players use it as a crutch; when you reach GAFia-old, all you'll have left is meta to remember your mates by

We should treasure these guiltless first Days, folks

while we're young

franconp

We don't talk about quarantine. There was never a quarantine game here.

My main problem with CCS is his constant believe that Acohrs is town by default. I know it may be just a joke now but it still worries me.

franconp

Also I find this post weird:

Also.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

3 can play at this game actually. But I don't wanna play right now.

I don't understand why he made that vote. It's a joke vote? But it seems disconected with everything. Bronx had already a vote on him so there was no actual need to make a pressure vote on him. Would love some clarification from TWE.

*snip*

24. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

*snip*

btw, PSA: once your time has inevitably come, I'd like to see more departed players dropping a Last Will down, k?

The shitposting shouldn't stop just 'cause you're dead, yeah?

great, just realized that PSA was near bottom of 50ppp page

gotta repeat myself now

Can I subscribe to you on Patreon? Will you do shout out posts to all of your backers.

Do I look like I'm supposed to know what Patreon is? What do you think I'm roleplaying as, bear? Do I look like I'm posting like some kind of tech-savvy Millennial on top of the highly convenient and oh-so accessible internet-based money-making scene, Burbeting? Are you even paying attention, Burb? Are you even paying attention?

Top Bottom