• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Sorian

Banned
I skimmed to catch up, highlights I noticed.

Yea but how to do that? He has the opposite problem of some. He throws so much impenetrable, indecipherable shit at the wall and does stupid gambits (as both town and scum) that he always leaves me frustrated regardless of his alignment. And frustration leads me to usually being okay with lynching him over others. I think blarg has an expiration date. As town, he becomes way too easy of a mislynch come end game. As scum, obviously we want to lynch him asap.

Case in point that fucking post. Are you serious dude? And at the top of a new page. Thanks for making browsing on mobile miserable for the next few hours.

It isn't hard to figure out Blarg. Once he finally starts posting real thoughts about the game which usually comes day 2 or day 3 just read the fucking posts and don't attribute it to "Blarg is crazy." Is there consistent logic? Then he is town. It's that simple.

also here you go Blarg:

acohrs:

*Splinter [m] — NA
Burbeting [m] — NA
Lone_Prodigy [m] — NA
franconp [m] — NA
Kalor [m] — NA
Sorian [m] — NA
Crab [crustacean] — NA
nin1000 [m] — NA
squidyj [m] — NA
Kawl_USC [m] — NA
Swamped [f] — NA
Natiko [m] — NA
TheWorthyEdge [m] — NA
CCS [m] — AWESOME TOWNIE's BFF
Blargonaut [m] — NA
Verelios [m] — NA
Kyanrute [m] — NA
Faddy [m] — SCOTTISH RUGBY FAN (THEREFORE PROBABLY SCUM)
WhereAreMahDragonz [f] — NA
Bronx-Man [m] — NA
acohrs [m] — AWESOME TOWNIE
OceanicAir [m] — NA
StanleyPalmtree [m] — NA
gryvan [m] — NA

Do I get the pariticipation ribbon now?

What happened to your other main squeeze Bronx, thought he was so on point with his town game?

VOTE: Acohrs

You guys think Sorian is ever gonna answer this or what?

I was unaware the question needed an answer, I thought you were being a sarcastic git still. As Splinter said, I think you and Worthy are doing the exact same weak scum plays I've seen you both do as said alignment in past game(s).

Bronx-Man

Banned
I was unaware the question needed an answer, I thought you were being a sarcastic git still. As Splinter said, I think you and Worthy are doing the exact same weak scum plays I've seen you both do as said alignment in past game(s).

And once again, you got all of that from....joke posts.

Can you seriously not tell the difference between certain posts?

I don't have a pre-packaged topic I'd like everyone to discuss - otherwise we'd already be discussing it. I also didn't say we should ignore past behavior, if that's what you're suggesting?

If you mean Squidy's question "got the ball rolling" then I'd have to disagree. A couple of people have answered in isolation but these are general Mafia strategies being described, nothing related specifically to this game or that could possibly be useful for determining alignments. You could just as easily ask that question before the game started, or after it ends.

Now I'll agree that any attempt to get the ball rolling is better than nothing, that's the only reason I didn't attack Squidy's question as soon as he asked it. But time has passed, responses have happened, other discussion has happened. It's time for squidy to either justify how he expected his question to be useful or admit that it's a non-topic and make a more sincere contribution to the game.

Since he has specifically prodded people to go back and answer his question I'd be curious to hear his attempt at the former.

Well I was talking about the point where you said that you were wondering why you were talking about past games. But still, not a fan of saying people shouldn't talk about things if you don't have a better topic, just seems like stopping some types of discussion when there have been loads of lousy posts. Not 100% sure but I get a thought of your play in PiR with that so I'm being more aware of that. I do agree that it isn't the best of topics but it is better than half of the nonsense that has consumed parts of this game.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If you can't understand what Sorian is doing then you are useless.

VOTE: Bronx-Man
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

I know exactly what the hell Sorian is doing. It's the same strategy of trying to analyze obvious shitposts because he thinks that makes him look extremely town to everyone else that he does every D1. What I wanna know is what the hell are YOU doing?

Sorian

Banned
Are we gonna just ignore how you completely lashed at Verelios for pointing out one of YOUR votes on him?

Try harder, son.

You mean how I called him on his shit when he accused me of voting for a player I never voted for? Yes, I know reading is hard for you.

acohrs

What happened to your other main squeeze Bronx, thought he was so on point with his town game?

VOTE: Acohrs

You seem jealous, would you like some affection for a bit Sorian? Maybe a foot massage?

Also, Bronx being this defensive and talkative in my mind is a good sign.

Swamped

Banned
Well, okay, basically just asking what you thought about the discussion. Like, how does CCS seem to you, what about Sorian, etc, etc.

Can't feel like I can say much about CCS so far, he's one of the top posters, and most of it has been banter but he says he'll write something substantive some time today.

Sorian I always have trouble reading. I strongly scum-read him in an old game, MGS mafia, and I was totally off the mark. So far this game I can't really say one way or another but I like what I see, he's pushing various avenues, not tunneling, and I totally agree with him on Blarg.

I would be wary of Faddy - I really think he's the sort of scum player who could expertly hide behind some well constructed fluff posts, especially with acohrs and CCS in the game.

I'm actually get some good vibes from Stan so far as well. He seems more engaged than most players.

Verelios

And yet you had so little interest in what you were saying that you confused me with someone else (Burb I think). So was there a point at all?
What does interest and observation have to do with each other? I'm not sure why you're stuck on the question of 'who' so badly, I just noticed you voted for someone->made a reference to it being a pre-typed post->I jokingly said maybe that's early scum collusion->You lost your shit, skipping escalation and going straight into King Kong territory.

As for having a point, yeah, I happened to have an opinion to express, so I expressed it.

CCS

Banned
I'm struggling slightly at the moment because a lot of the people who are posting a lot are people I haven't played much with, so I'm trying to avoid too much meta analysis.

Faddy

Banned
Can't feel like I can say much about CCS so far, he's one of the top posters, and most of it has been banter but he says he'll write something substantive some time today.

Sorian I always have trouble reading. I strongly scum-read him in an old game, MGS mafia, and I was totally off the mark. So far this game I can't really say one way or another but I like what I see, he's pushing various avenues, not tunneling, and I totally agree with him on Blarg.

I would be wary of Faddy - I really think he's the sort of scum player who could expertly hide behind some well constructed fluff posts, especially with acohrs and CCS in the game.

I'm actually get some good vibes from Stan so far as well. He seems more engaged than most players.

I'm not going to argue against my pots being well constructed but how do you know what sort of scum player I am. I have never been scum. In fact the two games I played I've been neutral in both with very differing degrees of success.

Faddy

Banned
I'm not going to argue against my pots being well constructed but how do you know what sort of scum player I am. I have never been scum. In fact the two games I played I've been neutral in both with very differing degrees of success.

See just look at those well constructed pots.

Verelios

I have good feelings about Faddy since they're here cooperating, seems like they're puzzle solving, but this gives me pause-
If you can't understand what Sorian is doing then you are useless.

VOTE: Bronx-Man
Small tunnel on Bronx. Not that I'm surprised, it just seems like a very easy dog to beat, especially this early.

Swamped

Banned
See just look at those well constructed pots.

Speaking of which, OURO COME EMPTY OUR CHAMBER POTS IT'S BEEN DAYS JEEZ

I don't know, it's just a feeling I get about you Faddy. I had no idea you were in a secret chat in Quarantine, I really thought you were ordinary town.

--

Verelios - have you ever played a game with Dragonz before?

Faddy

Banned
I have good feelings about Faddy since they're here cooperating, seems like they're puzzle solving, but this gives me pause-

Small tunnel on Bronx. Not that I'm surprised, it just seems like a very easy dog to beat, especially this early.

I will switch my vote back to you if it makes you feel better.

Swamped

Banned
Are we using Royal's voting tool, or is it just manual?

I want to hear more from TWE too. He's usually more active.

Sorian

Banned
What does interest and observation have to do with each other? I'm not sure why you're stuck on the question of 'who' so badly, I just noticed you voted for someone->made a reference to it being a pre-typed post->I jokingly said maybe that's early scum collusion->You lost your shit, skipping escalation and going straight into King Kong territory.

As for having a point, yeah, I happened to have an opinion to express, so I expressed it.

Considering I've already moved off of you, can't really call it losing my shit. Also, i can't help but notice you are still harping on it when my main issue now is that Bronx completely did not read the situation and doesn't seem to care to actually read the situation correctly.

CCS

Banned
I definitely feel like Bronx is more town than anything else so far.

Having never played with Blarg before, I'm having trouble reading between the lines on the shitposts :p

Natiko seems similar to in the past, don't recall having ever played with scum Nat though.

Genuinely do feel good about acohrs being town too.

franconp

I'm the only one that finds all this exchange between Sorian, Vere and Bronx weird? They have been aggressive between themselves since the game started but neither of them have an active vote on the other.

Bronx, even when he has been unusually aggressive, hasn't casted a vote on Sorian. Vere voted for LP and then he changed it for Swamped, where is vote is now, even when LP did nothing to deserve the unvote. Sorian voted for Swamped too but later changed his vote to Vere and now, giving no explanation why and making no sense, changed again to Acohrs.

For all the passive aggressive remarks that they have been doing so far one would expect them to be going after themselves for real (with votes) but that doesn't happen.

Also Faddy vote seems weird. He voted for Bronx because he was going after Sorian? It looks like when Styles changed his vote in persona to try to gain Sorian's favor.

Obviously they can't all be scum. I don't think they can make a play so obvious but it seems weird anyway.

Swamped

Banned
Got twenty-four old folks, one big house
Retired, all on couch
Retirement home, you might think it's clean
But really it's quite obscene

Nice Blarg XD What tune do I sing this to?

I think there were some reads interspersed in there, or was it just commentary on the number of posts players have?

Sorian

Banned
I definitely feel like Bronx is more town than anything else so far.

Having never played with Blarg before, I'm having trouble reading between the lines on the shitposts :p

Natiko seems similar to in the past, don't recall having ever played with scum Nat though.

Genuinely do feel good about acohrs being town too.

There is nothing to see in Blarg's posts yet. It is just shit posts.

I'm the only one that finds all this exchange between Sorian, Vere and Bronx weird? They have been aggressive between themselves since the game started but neither of them have an active vote on the other.

Bronx, even when he has been unusually aggressive, hasn't casted a vote on Sorian. Vere voted for LP and then he changed it for Swamped, where is vote is now, even when LP did nothing to deserve the unvote. Sorian voted for Swamped too but later changed his vote to Vere and now, giving no explanation why and making no sense, changed again to Acohrs.

For all the passive aggressive remarks that they have been doing so far one would expect them to be going after themselves for real (with votes) but that doesn't happen.

Also Faddy vote seems weird. He voted for Bronx because he was going after Sorian? It looks like when Styles changed his vote in persona to try to gain Sorian's favor.

Obviously they can't all be scum. I don't think they can make a play so obvious but it seems weird anyway.

I was quite clear that I was voting him because his jokey reads list was missing something he was arguing with me about last night. He was town reading Bronx and threw in all of his other (joke or not) reads onto that list but then said nothing about Bronx as if he had made no claims on him before.

acohrs

I think Sorian's vote on me is to test me and my nerves after Zelda mafia when I fell apart as scum on D1 after making mistakes and being suspected. Makes sense to me and I doubt that he will vote for me at day end. Just seems to go hard that's all or maybe he wants to discuss some rugby with me and he's sad that I haven't asked him like CCS.

Verelios

Verelios - have you ever played a game with Dragonz before?
A few, maybe two. I usually can't get a read on Dragonz since she's very middle of the pack, not out there enough to get hung but enough to not be a non-factor, which makes me wary.
I will switch my vote back to you if it makes you feel better.
As the retirement community wills it, so it shall be.
Considering I've already moved off of you, can't really call it losing my shit. Also, i can't help but notice you are still harping on it when my main issue now is that Bronx completely did not read the situation and doesn't seem to care to actually read the situation correctly.
I was just calling a spade a spade when I saw your post and trying to explain why I wasn't just shitposting, fair enough?

franconp

There is nothing to see in Blarg's posts yet. It is just shit posts.

I was quite clear that I was voting him because his jokey reads list was missing something he was arguing with me about last night. He was town reading Bronx and threw in all of his other (joke or not) reads onto that list but then said nothing about Bronx as if he had made no claims on him before.

OK. What's your read right now about Bronx: town or scum?

franconp

Why are you so bothered about my vote right now?

Because you refuse to explain the vote. With no explanation it seems that you made your vote to gain some sort of credit with Sorian. Also you seem ok with changing your vote really quickly after making it when you are a little pressured.

We had a similar situation with Styles in Persona. And he was scum.

Faddy

Banned
Because you refuse to explain the vote. With no explanation it seems that you made your vote to gain some sort of credit with Sorian. Also you seem ok with changing your vote really quickly after making it when you are a little pressured.

We had a similar situation with Styles in Persona. And he was scum.

You are scum reading me, yes

So you think I want credit with Sorian. Does that mean you read him as town?

Faddy

Banned

Actually while I'm here let's talk about this post.

No the exchange between Sorian, Vere and Bronx is not weird. Sorian is doing a bit of questioning and fishing for reactions to make his reads better.

And again you seem very concerned about how people are voting when it is really clear that most votes cast so far are probing votes, prodding votes and not necessarily about who people think is scum. And votes right now are of little importance with 2 days to go and there will be no day one turbo.

My vote for Bronx isn't weird. I explained it at the time. And if Bronx doesn't understand what Sorian was doing then he doesn't understand my vote for him. Although his thrashing about demanding answers does make me think he is town.

So if anything has been weird it is your analysis of the entire situation.

franconp

You are scum reading me, yes

So you think I want credit with Sorian. Does that mean you read him as town?

Yes, not explaining a vote is scummy to me.

Sorian? Don't know right now. His behaviour reminds me of townie Sorian but it's too early to make a good read on him. But he being scum still makes me feel not explaining a vote scummy. You could be defending your partner Sorian. In a really bad way.

So my reads on you isn't tied to Sorian's alignment.

Sorian

Banned
If Faddy is scum, he is going very far out of his way to appeal to my sensibilities which isn't really the best bet since I die early in most games and this is a known quantity. For someone who needs it spelled out, doesn't really seem like scum behavior.

Faddy

Banned
Yes, not explaining a vote is scummy to me.

Sorian? Don't know right now. His behaviour reminds me of townie Sorian but it's too early to make a good read on him. But he being scum still makes me feel not explaining a vote scummy. You could be defending your partner Sorian. In a really bad way.

So my reads on you isn't tied to Sorian's alignment.

This is such a bad read that either you are not paying attention or are scum yourself.

Go look at how the voting has went on the first day. I vote early for Verelios. Then Sorian comes in later and also puts a vote on Verelios with only minor reasoning. Now we are both round about this Bronx thing.

Either this is the worst scum play of all time or we both can't be scum.

Natiko

Banned
Bronx seemed far more belligerent in DR3 when I was scum with him. I don't think he seems quite like that this game. If anything he seems closer to how he was in Zelda. A bit more reserved, but he's not posting as infrequently as he did then either.

Top Bottom