• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

krp3Gh5.gif

I will put the post out I was originally going to do.

I am unsure of Verelios through this exchange

Why is he town reading me? I don't think I had done much puzzle solving at that point. My posts had been shitposts, archie, a little rugby and I put a summary of 3 things I noticed for nin since I had just caught up myself.

He says as the community wills it, but no one had said anything about my offer to switch back to him. It read to me like he was town reading me to be an ally to him, trying to flip my joke vote on him into camaraderie. I don't know if that makes him scum but it makes me suspicious.

My read on Verelios is this: he is gauging reactions and reads and poking at people in order to get them to react, since it is so early into the day phase and the game itself, and we, as the town, have little information to use to our advantage.

Your reaction is strange; he has been posting nothing serious and I feel like you are reading too much into it. It feels like you're being paranoid because you have something to hide; if he is town reading you, then that shouldn't be a problem with you. Yet it is. The whole point of the game is to convince the town that YOU are town, in order to avoid mislynches. Why are you freaking out?

I blame the ever-increasingly accessible pursuit of technological progress towards the overall betterment of humanity and civilization

Where the hell is everyone?

dunno, but I know where Crab is

He's waiting by the seaside under a rock 'til the Day 1 seagulls peck everyone to death, then he'll sidle in and pick the half-pulled leather off our bones with the tactical ease of a pincer attack

and he'll shove every tiny morsel he tweezers off our corpses into his crab mouth, and he'll chew on our torn flesh like a crab mouth does

frothing with bubbles

CCS

Banned
So overnight report: quite a lot of shouting, even more shitposting. Will have a deeper read and report back.

Sorian

Banned
dunno, but I know where Crab is

He's waiting by the seaside under a rock 'til the Day 1 seagulls peck everyone to death, then he'll sidle in and pick the half-pulled leather off our bones with the tactical ease of a pincer attack

and he'll shove every tiny morsel he tweezers off our corpses into his crab mouth, and he'll chew on our torn flesh like a crab mouth does

frothing with bubbles

Someone is still salty over Harry Potter

*Splinter

You ignoring me on purpose, squid?

I would really like it if every scum player stepped up and said something, that'd be great. I like having them make up bullshit first that they have to stand for later on rather than allowing them to make up bullshit that fits the situation they're in.
Is this a justification for your earlier question? Why would scum have to make up bullshit to answer a question on general Mafia strategies? You might as well ask them their favourite colour.

VOTE: squidyj

CCS

Banned
I'm kinda ignoring that argument for now. Could be scum in there trying to cause problems, could all be fairly aggressive town discussion. Hard to really get much of a feel until we get more data.

acohrs

I'm kinda ignoring that argument for now. Could be scum in there trying to cause problems, could all be fairly aggressive town discussion. Hard to really get much of a feel until we get more data.

I want all of your data boy

*Splinter

Well I was talking about the point where you said that you were wondering why you were talking about past games. But still, not a fan of saying people shouldn't talk about things if you don't have a better topic, just seems like stopping some types of discussion when there have been loads of lousy posts. Not 100% sure but I get a thought of your play in PiR with that so I'm being more aware of that. I do agree that it isn't the best of topics but it is better than half of the nonsense that has consumed parts of this game.
I have no problem with people talking about specific past events and how they relate to things happening in this game. The conversation I poo-poo'd was just a continuation of a post game argument with no relevance to anything. It was exactly as useful as the other shit posts but under the guise of being contributive (just because it was Mafia related instead of chocolate jello related).

*Splinter

I quoted this to answer it but I don't think I even can sum it up. Any reason you aren't reading it?
I read it, but they talked in circles for so long that I lost track of who is arguing for what.

There was a bunch of sloppy posts from Fran which didn't help: misunderstanding your vote and having to backtrack to correct himself (and justify maintaining his reads despite this), plus I think a few typos where he typed e.g. "could" instead of "couldn't".

Eventually my eyes glaze over and I ask for a summary rather than battle through it again.

*Splinter

My read on Verelios is this: he is gauging reactions and reads and poking at people in order to get them to react, since it is so early into the day phase and the game itself, and we, as the town, have little information to use to our advantage.

Your reaction is strange; he has been posting nothing serious and I feel like you are reading too much into it. It feels like you're being paranoid because you have something to hide; if he is town reading you, then that shouldn't be a problem with you. Yet it is. The whole point of the game is to convince the town that YOU are town, in order to avoid mislynches. Why are you freaking out?
Why do you think paranoia is a scumtell?

Also if your only aim is to convince others you are town then you have the same goal as scum, so how are we supposed to tell you're not? The aim of the game is to find scum.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this.

*Splinter

They were really pumped for mafia but instead realised they were actually in the image thread. Their anger over having fuckall to analyse has lead to them turning on each other.
Have you given any reads yet? Feel like you're sticking with shit posting while others have moved into actual game talk.

acohrs

Have you given any reads yet? Feel like you're sticking with shit posting while others have moved into actual game talk.

You were too lazy to read all that and asked for a summary. I happily obliged. Don't look a gift horse in the eye mate

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Will be around tonight. Less shitposts, please, I ain't got the time to read 12 pages of toilet paper.

CCS

Banned
Why do you think paranoia is a scumtell?

Also if your only aim is to convince others you are town then you have the same goal as scum, so how are we supposed to tell you're not? The aim of the game is to find scum.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this.

Wait, so you're saying it was too incomprehensible to follow but I'm wrong to not put much weight on it? How does that make any sense?

*Splinter

Wait, so you're saying it was too incomprehensible to follow but I'm wrong to not put much weight on it? How does that make any sense?
It's the most relevant conversation of the game so far, 4 players arguing over who is scum.

Just because it's latgely incomprehensible shouldn't be a reason to ignore it.

CCS

Banned
It's the most relevant conversation of the game so far, 4 players arguing over who is scum.

Just because it's latgely incomprehensible shouldn't be a reason to ignore it.

If it's incomprehensible then the chance of me reading what happened correctly is low, whereas the chance of reading something that isn't actually true and just arose because someone was confused is higher. Therefore, I'd say you're more likely to get a wrong read than a correct read by trying to analyse it.

*Splinter

If it's incomprehensible then the chance of me reading what happened correctly is low, whereas the chance of reading something that isn't actually true and just arose because someone was confused is higher. Therefore, I'd say you're more likely to get a wrong read than a correct read by trying to analyse it.
That's a pretty awful justification but ok, what are you analysing instead?

CCS

Banned
That's a pretty awful justification but ok, what are you analysing instead?

Nothing right now, will be too busy at work for the next eight hours to have a chance for the proper read through and contemplation that good analysis needs. This evening I will look at what's been posted over the day and analyse whatever seems the most interesting.

*Splinter

Nothing right now, will be too busy at work for the next eight hours to have a chance for the proper read through and contemplation that good analysis needs. This evening I will look at what's been posted over the day and analyse whatever seems the most interesting.
Super

Top Bottom