• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

acohrs

Since I want to talk to someone and Splinter is the only one available I will bite.

Bronx - town, no scum would want to draw this much attention to themselves on D1, seems suicidal. Also, is a lot more talkative than other games, but not trying to be the main town voice or driving any type of discussion, which scum trying to hide in plain sight would seem likely to do.

Sorian - neutral, typically aggressive style but that could be indicative of town or scum, need to monitor as the game goes on, although if town, I think scum will kill him N1 since he likes to lead discussion and scum typically doesn't like thinkers. If scum don't kill him N1 then it's probably time to start looking much closer.

Faddy - most scummy looking rn but on D1 that's not saying much. Oddly aggressive tone when questioned earlier this day phase, especially given it's D1 and nobody has anything to go on.

Vere - neutral, can't make my mind up on him. One to watch.

squidyj

hey splinter you're mostly not worth responding to but I'm curious why you're trying to help scum win the game.

thanks.

franconp

Can someone summarise the Fran/Faddy/Natiko/Vere argument?

Sure:

Sorian, Vere and Bronx have been aggressive since the game started. Faddy out of nowhere voted for Bronx. Bronx asked him to justify his vote and his answer was just "no". I made a post because the exchange was weird. Sorian justified his vote and it was my mistake, the rest of the exchange still feels weird. Faddy went full passive aggressive mode and began attacking my post and saying I was scum for asking questions. He then said he has been proding with both of his votes, even on his first vote. Both Natiko and I called him out because his first vote was an obvious joke vote and there was no proding.

The could/couldn't thing was a misunderstanding in both parts. I was talking about a post before his justification, he made a sarcasm, I didn't spotted and corrected him, He didn't understand my correction. That was silly.

So, Faddy is looking really scummy to me right now.

Swamped

Banned
Sorian - neutral, typically aggressive style but that could be indicative of town or scum, need to monitor as the game goes on, although if town, I think scum will kill him N1 since he likes to lead discussion and scum typically doesn't like thinkers. If scum don't kill him N1 then it's probably time to start looking much closer.

I don't like the way you're daring scum to kill him N1, you're setting him up for a lynch D2. Also, up until this point all your posts were super fluffly, someone called you out on it (I think Splinter?) on page 12 and now this first serious reads post.

I'm still reading through what happened last night and I will be changing my vote, I think it's still on Crab.

acohrs

I don't like the way you're daring scum to kill him N1, you're setting him up for a lynch D2. Also, up until this point all your posts were super fluffly, someone called you out on it (I think Splinter?) on page 12 and now this first serious reads post.

I'm still reading through what happened last night and I will be changing my vote, I think it's still on Crab.

Not daring at all, just thinking out loud (Ed Sheeran, take it away!)

Sorian

Banned
CCS and achors posts are infuriating to read. The logic is terrible but going back it looks like achors is following a lead which reeks of CCS being a fun bumbling townie and the other following the buddy buddy routine to get a pocket and a town points. That's why my vote is where it is. Not pounding that Bronx read in your earlier list was because you forgot.

I mean, who doesn't enjoy a good pounding? :p

Pound cake is shit, there is no variant of pound cake that is tasty and anyone who likes pound cake must lead quite a wild life to compensate for their enjoyment of such a bland-ass dessert

Faddy

Banned
Sure:

Sorian, Vere and Bronx have been aggressive since the game started. Faddy out of nowhere voted for Bronx. Bronx asked him to justify his vote and his answer was just "no". I made a post because the exchange was weird. Sorian justified his vote and it was my mistake, the rest of the exchange still feels weird. Faddy went full passive aggressive mode and began attacking my post and saying I was scum for asking questions. He then said he has been proding with both of his votes, even on his first vote. Both Natiko and I called him out because his first vote was an obvious joke vote and there was no proding.

The could/couldn't thing was a misunderstanding in both parts. I was talking about a post before his justification, he made a sarcasm, I didn't spotted and corrected him, He didn't understand my correction. That was silly.

So, Faddy is looking really scummy to me right now.

Of course I look scummy to you because I called out you vote policing. Looking for strong day 1 justification when you say it can't exist

It's been less than 12 hours, a third of the player list haven't posted and another third just shitposted and you want reads? There's no way I can have reads now. I didn't even made a spreadsheet yet.

And that practice looks scummy as hell to me because you aren't prodding just one player. italics is me

franconp said:
Vote policing TWE
I don't understand why he made that vote. It's a joke vote? But it seems disconected with everything. Bronx had already a vote on him so there was no actual need to make a pressure vote on him. Would love some clarification from TWE.

Vote policing Bronx
Bronx, even when he has been unusually aggressive, hasn't casted a vote on Sorian

Vote policing Vere
Vere voted for LP and then he changed it for Swamped, where is vote is now, even when LP did nothing to deserve the unvote.

Vote policing Sorian
Sorian voted for Swamped too but later changed his vote to Vere and now, giving no explanation why and making no sense, changed again to Acohrs.

Vote policing me
Also Faddy vote seems weird. He voted for Bronx because he was going after Sorian? It looks like when Styles changed his vote in persona to try to gain Sorian's favor.

So what is a legit, well reasoned thing to do with a vote according to franconp

They have been aggressive between themselves since the game started but neither of them have an active vote on the other.

But franconp you have been agressive on me? Why no vote, going by your own logic you should have stuck a vote on me as soon as you called me scummy.

And I think I will take your advice. No messing around, no prodding, no joking

VOTE: franconp

Kyanrute

Ok super Kyan analysis time.

1st superreadthrough involves looking at known quantities and analyzing them completely wrong. Karl is being a tough guy being all angry. Bear was slow to rawrr but then woke up or kinda. His fur looks bit fluffy to me. Squid actually had a post where he explained himself and made sense. Odd. Looking to survive, is my thought.

fuck that is only three people

do i have to read it all over again

boo

franconp

Of course I look scummy to you because I called out you vote policing. Looking for strong day 1 justification when you say it can't exist

You look scummy, not only to me but to everyone, when you are asked for your target to justify your vote and you said no. And after that, when Vere called you out too you threatened to change your vote to him. There's no vote policy there. Just you not being able to defend your actions.[/QUOTE]

And that practice looks scummy as hell to me because you aren't prodding just one player. italics is me

I asked Twe why he made that vote and he haven't posted since. I'm still waiting for his reply. Bronx said he is town reading Sorian now and he didn't voted for him. Sorian explained his vote and it makes sense. Vere's change of vote still feels weird but he didn't go passive aggressive about it, you did.

So what is a legit, well reasoned thing to do with a vote according to franconp

Find scum? You tried to pass your vote on Vere as a proding vote when it was obviously a joke vote. And I don't have a problem with your vote for Bronx, I'm having problem how you answered when asked about it

But franconp you have been agressive on me? Why no vote, going by your own logic you should have stuck a vote on me as soon as you called me scummy.

And I think I will take your advice. No messing around, no prodding, no joking

VOTE: franconp

You don't need a vote to try to prod people. Look how no one voted for you but you when completly aggressive anyway.

And don't worry. I will vote for you later. There's no need right now. I got what I wanted without using a vote.

Ok super Kyan analysis time.

1st superreadthrough involves looking at known quantities and analyzing them completely wrong. Karl is being a tough guy being all angry. Bear was slow to rawrr but then woke up or kinda. His fur looks bit fluffy to me. Squid actually had a post where he explained himself and made sense. Odd. Looking to survive, is my thought.

fuck that is only three people

do i have to read it all over again

boo

wordplay

exquisite

That's the best word to call that trash read you keep throwing out every time you put fingers to the keys.

iDByPLH.gif

wasted

Faddy

Banned
Find scum? You tried to pass your vote on Vere as a proding vote when it was obviously a joke vote. And I don't have a problem with your vote for Bronx, I'm having problem how you answered when asked about it

You don't need a vote to try to prod people. Look how no one voted for you but you when completly aggressive anyway.

And don't worry. I will vote for you later. There's no need right now. I got what I wanted without using a vote.

I guess I don't understand the difference between a joke vote and a prodding vote. Both are a gentle nudge to say let's talk more.

So you didn't have a problem with my vote on Bronx but yet you spent several posts on it (despite there being a reason posted along with the vote)

I play aggressive, that is my style. And fyi Bronx has a vote on me

Why is there no need to vote for me now? You said it yourself, for town any vote is better than a no vote. We have no info right now. If the culture of these games was that everybody voted rather than stand back and wait we would have a lot more data to work with and connections to make.

Instead active players like you don't vote and it gives a veil to inactive players to hide behind.

I guess I don't understand the difference between a joke vote and a prodding vote. Both are a gentle nudge to say let's talk more.

So you didn't have a problem with my vote on Bronx but yet you spent several posts on it (despite there being a reason posted along with the vote)

Why is there no need to vote for me now? You said it yourself, for town any vote is better than a no vote. We have no info right now. If the culture of these games was that everybody voted rather than stand back and wait we would have a lot more data to work with and connections to make.

Instead active players like you don't vote and it gives a veil to inactive players to hide behind.

So you refuse to respond to your own voting reasons and then get mad when others do it to you and why they're NOT voting for you? A bit hypocritical, huh?

People are concerned because it seems like you're just making shit up in order to prod people. You don't make any sense at all, tbh.

franconp

You are joking right? You don't know the difference between a joke vote and a prod one? One force a player to participate. The other only brings more shitposting.

I have a problem with your answers. I said it multiple times.

You threatened Vere to vote for him when he said your vote was weird. That's beyond playing aggressive. And Bronx voted for you for your denial to backup your vote.

Look at all the data I got from you without voting. I usually don't vote before the last day because I want my vote to have meaning and be able to back them up.

I already said when I answered squidy question that one of the worst antitown behaviour is not voting. Don't worry, I will most likely vote for you before day's end and stick with it if nothing more important happens. But I still have one day and a half to do it.

Faddy

Banned
So you refuse to respond to your own voting reasons and then get mad when others do it to you and why they're NOT voting for you? A bit hypocritical, huh?

People are concerned because it seems like you're just making shit up in order to prod people. You don't make any sense at all, tbh.

The only thing I'm "mad" about is franconp holding his vote over me like it means anything. Especially when he has several posts calling out "weird" votes and telling people who they should vote for.

I guess I understand why people don't vote early if all it does is attract shit like this.

acohrs

If Faddy is scum, he is going very far out of his way to appeal to my sensibilities which isn't really the best bet since I die early in most games and this is a known quantity. For someone who needs it spelled out, doesn't really seem like scum behavior.

Sorian, are you still leaning this way?

Faddy

Banned
I'm on Fran's side in all of this. Faddy's votes are erratic, he's unusally defensive over them, and his reasoning for voting is dumb as all hell.

Please tell me more about my "unusual" play. I have been aggressive in both games I've played, just ask Terra.

What was my previous record? It was on a certain Launch m'Quack, if memory serves me right

Sorian, you're here, you remember things

What do you remember

Kyanrute

in true kyantm fashion there is a bit of a delay between things

took a look at the CCS and acorns thing, mainly because those two like to bundle up together

I think I have to echo the Sorryan the great green giver here and say that I too feel like acorns is buddying up to CCS who is doing the usual CCS thing. In addition, I'd like to mention that the change in CCS is making me uncomfortable. No claim (i know shit argument pls ignore) and all, but I get the feeling of fluff from CCS too right now, slightly more than normal.

Is this enough for a vote though? No, certainly not.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

It was, like, 17 unvotes or something, right? On Launch

How many can I stack this time on this episode of Forum Jenga

Kyanrute

oh and even if it is d1

bronx hasn't yet made the post where he makes no fucking sense whatsoever

so i am willing to give him a day

bronx pls make sense

Top Bottom