• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Kyanrute

His scummates have advised him that ignoring you is a wise decision.

I for one feel that the "scummate advice" defense is shit. Afaik most people act as independent units and while they will listen to the advice of their possible mates, in the end it is up to the individual to decide what they do.

So, I feel anyone who uses this line of thought that bronxie just used is...

dundunduuuuun

Bronx-Man

Banned
I for one feel that the "scummate advice" defense is shit. Afaik most people act as independent units and while they will listen to the advice of their possible mates, in the end it is up to the individual to decide what they do.

So, I feel anyone who uses this line of thought that bronxie just used is...

dundunduuuuun
pmDKqvP.gif

Book me, Danno

Kawl_USC

Sorry been busy since work yesterday. Will post more thoughts tonight after I get back from my emo show.

But it's curious to me that people are scum reading faddy from the earlier interactions. I think his expressed methodology for building an expected neutral reaction to things and using that in the future is strong. I think a scum!Faddy who was getting all this blow back based on being aggressive would have taken the foot off the gas a bit. Instead they've doubled down and I town read that.

A lot of the argument boils down to the good ole fashion disagreement on how votes are used and this often seems a common thread that comes up on day 1 and I don't particularly find not voting Willy Nilly or voting Willy nilly as alignment indicative. It's just a difference in approach.

If I had to pick out of the vocal three, I'd break onto Bronx and then fran. Bronx for the general unhelpfulness, and Fran seems a bit all over the place.

But I don't think we should get laser focused on such a small subset at this point. Still a good amount of play left.

Splinter, who from the players we haven't heard much from worries you the most?

Sorian, why did you think that it was my place to "reign in the kids" last night?

Blarg, can you just not man? Like get into serious mode sooner rather than later. Kyan you too, albeit to a lesser extent since you deign to at least occasionally make a serious post.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think a scum!Faddy who was getting all this blow back based on being aggressive would have taken the foot off the gas a bit. Instead they've doubled down and I town read that.
You mean the same thing I did when I was scum?

If I had to pick out of the vocal three, I'd break onto Bronx and then fran. Bronx for the general unhelpfulness, and Fran seems a bit all over the place.
Because if anyone's been helpful this game, it's most definitely been Kawl.

Kyanrute

Sorry been busy since work yesterday. Will post more thoughts tonight after I get back from my emo show.

But it's curious to me that people are scum reading faddy from the earlier interactions. I think his expressed methodology for building an expected neutral reaction to things and using that in the future is strong. I think a scum!Faddy who was getting all this blow back based on being aggressive would have taken the foot off the gas a bit. Instead they've doubled down and I town read that.

A lot of the argument boils down to the good ole fashion disagreement on how votes are used and this often seems a common thread that comes up on day 1 and I don't particularly find not voting Willy Nilly or voting Willy nilly as alignment indicative. It's just a difference in approach.

But I don't think we should get laser focused on such a small subset at this point. Still a good amount of play left.

Splinter, who from the players we haven't heard much from worries you the most?

Sorian, why did you think that it was my place to "reign in the kids" last night?

Blarg, can you just not man? Like get into serious mode sooner rather than later. Kyan you too, albeit to a lesser extent since you deign to at least occasionally make a serious post.

The serious post begging feels nice. But it does not. Or does it.

SERIOUS KYAN TIME

What if I told you all Kyan posts are serious.

Burbeting

Banned
Been doing some serious spring cleaning today, but I'll read through the last pages as soon as I can. Cleaning will last for a while though.

Kawl_USC

You mean the same thing I did when I was scum?

Because if anyone's been helpful this game, it's most definitely been Kawl.
Yes but I expect higher caliber of play from faddy due to what I've seen of the inner machinations of his thoughts.

And :lol at that second part. Never change Bronx.

Faddy

Banned
There are 2 options for Blarg, either ignore him until he starts trying or lynch him.

His bullshit in Danganronpa was a huge problem for Town. Day 1, instead of just lynching Blarg three Townies put their votes on Terra. Turned out he was the cop. If they decided to lynch Blarg that wouldn't have happened.

Day 2. No one trusts Blarg because of his shit on day 1 which leads to the inevitable lynch and is a huge wasted day for Town where the whole game pretty much stops scum hunting as Blarg needs to be put down. Despite the fact he actually made good reads, they were worthless.

Let's not walk down that road again.

Kyanrute

going boldly for blarg seems

zzzzz

i dunno it is blarg, there is nothing bold about that, no freebies, nothing

I for one will not be voting for the glorious Blarg.

Faddy

Banned
So far none of Blarg's posts are anywhere near as bad as they were in DR3. He can stay for now, imo.

Have any of them been helpful?

You got on at me for giving you a vote with poor reasoning.

Blarg has voted and unvoted you several times but you do nothing? I understand. It is because Blarg is a brick wall, you will get nothing useful from talking to him.

*Splinter

A voice of reason at last, thank you Kawl.

To answer your question:

Burb - mentioned him earlier. He only has a few posts and whats there already caught my attention once. I see he just poked his head in but meh

Swamped - all I remember from her is refusing to answer a reasonable question (from Verelios I think). Ton of people doing this today, it's all garbage and she stands out as having done nothing else.

Kalor - has he posted? He's usually out of the limelight in early game but not usually completely absent.

Maybe gryvan, hasn't said much either.

There are 2 options for Blarg, either ignore him until he starts trying or lynch him.

His bullshit in Danganronpa was a huge problem for Town. Day 1, instead of just lynching Blarg three Townies put their votes on Terra. Turned out he was the cop. If they decided to lynch Blarg that wouldn't have happened.

Day 2. No one trusts Blarg because of his shit on day 1 which leads to the inevitable lynch and is a huge wasted day for Town where the whole game pretty much stops scum hunting as Blarg needs to be put down. Despite the fact he actually made good reads, they were worthless.

Let's not walk down that road again.

good poke

Terra sealed his own fate, yeah

What is poor Blarg to do when no one listens to his corpse

Kalor

A voice of reason at last, thank you Kawl.

To answer your question:

Burb - mentioned him earlier. He only has a few posts and whats there already caught my attention once. I see he just poked his head in but meh

Swamped - all I remember from her is refusing to answer a reasonable question (from Verelios I think). Ton of people doing this today, it's all garbage and she stands out as having done nothing else.

Kalor - has he posted? He's usually out of the limelight in early game but not usually completely absent.

Maybe gryvan, hasn't said much either.

I've posted twice but I've just been busy since the day started. That should change now. I've been following the game when I can but it's been really difficult to get a idea of what is going on.

Since the start of the day Faddy comes out of it looking the worst to me. They've been inconsistent and bringing the idea of multiple neutral teams is odd. It's hardly a normal occurance in games and day 1 isn't a great time to begin speculation like that.

This is the danger of using meta against me, Faddy

You bring up the Danganronpa 3 and I was far wilder in that, yet flipped Town Citizen. Don't ask why

You're gonna have to stay in the mission area if you want to take me down

Faddy

Banned
This is the danger of using meta against me, Faddy

You bring up the Danganronpa 3 and I was far wilder in that, yet flipped Town Citizen. Don't ask why

You're gonna have to stay in the mission area if you want to take me down

You flipped town. Big deal.

You actively hurt town with your nonsense and you can directly trace how Town lost the game from your bad play.

Have any of them been helpful?

You got on at me for giving you a vote with poor reasoning.

Blarg has voted and unvoted you several times but you do nothing? I understand. It is because Blarg is a brick wall, you will get nothing useful from talking to him.

omg, now I know why I'm feeling this way

You sound exactly like Kawl did when I first played with him in Harry Potter

He really hated me too, like, really hated me

We reconciled in Love Boat though

You flipped town. Big deal.

You actively hurt town with your nonsense and you can directly trace how Town lost the game from your bad play.

huh. If memory serves me right, I left quite the diatribe against a certain Natiko, who flipped scum and was quite a big anti-Town deal

I.. can directly trace how Town lost the game from... them completely ignoring my posts after my flip, and not squeezing Natiko directly afterwards as they should have, as good Town play in light of such new intel demands

I think you're wrong

Faddy

Banned
omg, now I know why I'm feeling this way

You sound exactly like Kawl did when I first played with him in Harry Potter

He really hated me too, like, really hated me

We reconciled in Love Boat though

huh. If memory serves me right, I left quite the diatribe against a certain Natiko, who flipped scum and was quite a big anti-Town deal

I.. can directly trace how Town lost the game from... them completely ignoring my posts after my flip, and not squeezing Natiko directly afterwards as they should have, as good Town play in light of such new intel demands

I think you're wrong

Take some responsibility for why they ignored you. If your play wasn't as hostile people might have taken your reads more seriously.

It is nice you actually want to play now. But let's not talk about past games, we need to be talking about this game. Give us a read. Is there any one you think is a solid town, anyone who is leaning scum.

Take some responsibility for why they ignored you. If your play wasn't as hostile people might have taken your reads more seriously.

*snip*

perception is reality then, mea culpa

*snip*

It is nice you actually want to play now. But let's not talk about past games, we need to be talking about this game. Give us a read. Is there any one you think is a solid town, anyone who is leaning scum.

oh, Bronx is so Town

I save my scummunition (which I use against scum) for D2, sry

Faddy

Banned
perception is reality then, mea culpa

oh, Bronx is so Town

I save my scummunition (which I use against scum) for D2, sry

The wall cracks. Let's keep going.

Do you have an opinion on fran? Did you find his early vote policing scummy or just being enthusiastic about trying to probe people?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx, what do you think about me thinking you're Town
Honestly, I don't know what to think. I'm glad not you're being a liability for once. Though someone did bring up that you not bouncing off the walls like last time could actually be a scum tell. It's a little unfair, but I think it's got a little bit of merit to it. I mean, you are you after all. Up is down, left is right and vice versa.

Thanks for reading me as town though.

The wall cracks. Let's keep going.

Never surround the opponent completely, for if they discover that they are surrounded, they will fight to the death. Always leave an opening in your ranks, and leave it visible to the opponent at all times; when they see there is still the possibility of escape, they will not fight as hard because they hope, and you may control their retreat.

Do you have an opinion on fran? Did you find his early vote policing scummy or just being enthusiastic about trying to probe people?

I can't read a player off of one activity-tell; I need the ability to compare what they've said with what they're saying after a flip or flip(s). Surprise, that's why I fuck around on D1. D2's where it's at.

It is quite odd how Blargonaut isn't acting like Blarg this game. Haven't read to much of the thread due to studies, Horizon, and friends but I'll go back and check through things.

gryvan

Sorry im on mobile for the next 20 min since its my break time now. And im typing slow.

I never played with the current discussion people (faddy, fran) so i cant tell really whether its normal or not for them

But from my experience in other games, i can only assume that it could just be that they are both town fighting with each other because theres really nothing to look for on Day 1.

Of course the other way around cam also be true where im 100% wrong and they are both scum.

Also i guess none of you ever seen the harry potter mafia with blarg. That just doesnt compare to what hes done so far.

NEVER AGAIN

Also phone autocorrect wrong things so just point me out on bad spellings.

Faddy

Banned
Never surround the opponent completely, for if they discover that they are surrounded, they will fight to the death. Always leave an opening in your ranks, and leave it visible to the opponent at all times; when they see there is still the possibility of escape, they will not fight as hard because they hope, and you may control their retreat.

I can't read a player off of one activity-tell; I need the ability to compare what they've said with what they're saying after a flip or flip(s). Surprise, that's why I fuck around on D1. D2's where it's at.

So if you don't believe day 1 is useful why spam and de-rail the thread?

Honestly, I don't know what to think. I'm glad not you're being a liability for once. Though someone did bring up that you not bouncing off the walls like last time could actually be a scum tell. It's a little unfair, but I think it's got a little bit of merit to it. I mean, you are you after all. Up is down, left is right and vice versa.

Thanks for reading me as town though.

You're welcome, Bronx

Do you think I'm Town

Please, Faddy; don't be intimidated by my long and storied [Mafia] career, and by my many, many glorious [Mafia] campaigns spent battling other legends into utter defeat

I am so approachable, considerate and entertaining

Top Bottom