• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

*Splinter

If we're going for an inactive lynch I'm voting acohrs. He has exactly 1 serious post, the rest is garbage clogging up the thread.

If not then I'm staying on squidy

hit page 7 so far

my notes read:

you are all terrible players
It gets worse

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
page 12

people discussing Blarg a lot. annoys me. Yes, he makes weird posts, this is established, I don't need to read another 3 pages of material on how weird Blarg is.

kawl doing more authority stuff

Sorian-Bronx argument reads town-town. Too stupid to be mafia.

Lots of people discussing CCS. can't work out why. he's doing his usual CCS thing of posting a fuck-ton without contributing anything of value. that has no real implications for his play because that's how he always plays.

I hope Ouro posts less flavour shitposts, they just create more meaningless content to sift through and give scum more room to create fog

sorian is very protective of faddy, for reasons I can't work out. I don't find faddy's voting especially scummy as per bronx's argument, but sorian's behaviour seems erratic

*Splinter

Also I don't like some of Faddy's arguments, but I doubt I'll be voting him today. He's one of the few people playing Mafia at the moment.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: Bronx-man

Look, I got to page 15 and I just gave up. That was half an hour of my life I want back. There are too many people posting too much inane and trivial shit, to the point it is massively anti-town. Any time I want to look for material, I have to look through 17 pages of mostly shit. It's difficult to extract everything just because there's so much volume and only so little time. It's good volume, either. There's like two or three half-arguments in there which don't really go places, but the vast majority is memes and shit, just creating awful fog that is woefully easy for scum to hide in. I've made a larger contribution to town in this post than like half the players, and that's just sad. Accordingly, I'm voting for the worst offender, and will continue to policy lynch on that basis until town reaches the state where bothering to read posts is actually a useful application of my time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm done for the night. When you want to play, I'll be back. Otherwise, lynch me.

Natiko

Banned

Look, I got to page 15 and I just gave up. That was half an hour of my life I want back. There are too many people posting too much inane and trivial shit, to the point it is massively anti-town. Any time I want to look for material, I have to look through 17 pages of mostly shit. It's difficult to extract everything just because there's so much volume and only so little time. It's good volume, either. There's like two or three half-arguments in there which don't really go places, but the vast majority is memes and shit, just creating awful fog that is woefully easy for scum to hide in. I've made a larger contribution to town in this post than like half the players, and that's just sad. Accordingly, I'm voting for the worst offender, and will continue to policy lynch on that basis until town reaches the state where bothering to read posts is actually a useful application of my time.
I'm pretty certain Blarg has more inane posts than anyone, they're just not annoying this time. I still think acorns is the sketchiest of the memers.

Faddy

Banned

How fortunate. You missed squiddy claming you and him were in cahoots. Surprised you have nothing to say on the matter.

Kawl_USC

How fortunate. You missed squiddy claming you and him were in cahoots. Surprised you have nothing to say on the matter.
I believe you've misunderstood and the nature of this game is a hint to what I think that post really meant.

Also, largely agree with crab wrt town shit posting. It maybe haha fun funny but it complete obfuscates the actual game of mafia that we are playing here. I would at least like to see crab finish a once over of the thread even if it doesn't include notes, feels disappointing to have even strong players just throw up their hands in defeat.

*Splinter

Pretty sure squidy is claiming crab is scum and covertly defending someone else in the thread. He'll tell us who that might be tomorrow because apparently he's unconcerned about the possibility of being NK'd.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Why would I have anything to say when town is so obviously not paying even slight attention to the game? Why would squidy be voting for me if we were in cahoots? Like, just think for more than a fraction of a second. He's saying my early absence is indicative of scumplay, probably because that's how I was scum in mini-mafia, and therefore he suspects me. It's dumb because I changed job IRL between mini-mafia and the last time I was scum (HP), and you can see that's what made the difference given I've played active scum and inactive town in the past. I only have limited time now, that's just how it is. Hence, there's just no point in playing if town is going to have days like this one or analytic abilities like this piece of yours here, because I'd rather spend my time doing more engaging activities.

acohrs

I more meant there wasn't anything further to discuss since you were away. No worries.

I know you're not this obtuse. Was there or was there not an exchange prior to that where you were asked about reads and you dodged around the matter?

I guess I am this obtuse as I have no clue what you're talking about. Care to enlighten me?

Faddy

Banned
Pretty sure squidy is claiming crab is scum and covertly defending someone else in the thread. He'll tell us who that might be tomorrow because apparently he's unconcerned about the possibility of being NK'd.

Ok that makes slightly more sense as a claim.

I still don't get how squiddy would know that from Crab's play. And if it is role specific it seems very odd that a player would be told who is scum. And if squiddy does have a PR then he has given the game away.

So do we bother to wait for squiddy's confirmation or just go with Crab now for the suspicion and for being inactive.

Bronx-Man

Banned

This is a weak ass vote and you know it.

I'm done for the night. When you want to play, I'll be back. Otherwise, lynch me.
"I'm only going to post once a RL day just to remind you guys I am technically a part of this game and give out meaningless votes before I leave. There is nothing suspect about this at all!"

Agree about the noise obfuscating actual discussion, even if it is D1. Disagree about voting out inactives because you get nothing from it. You have to vote someone and make them sweat.

Also a lot of people seem exasperated, belligerent, and cantankerous, which seem to be an unintentional bit of role-playing.

Faddy

Banned
Agree about the noise obfuscating actual discussion, even if it is D1. Disagree about voting out inactives because you get nothing from it. You have to vote someone and make them sweat.

Also a lot of people seem exasperated, belligerent, and cantankerous, which seem to be an unintentional bit of role-playing.

Another inactive appears.

Looks like discussing policy lynches has gotten some people off their asses.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Nin, Crab, Gry, WorthyEdge, and Swamped have barely posted in this game so far. They can't all be scum.

*Splinter

Ok that makes slightly more sense as a claim.

I still don't get how squiddy would know that from Crab's play. And if it is role specific it seems very odd that a player would be told who is scum. And if squiddy does have a PR then he has given the game away.

So do we bother to wait for squiddy's confirmation or just go with Crab now for the suspicion and for being inactive.
It's not a role, it's a read. And hell no will I be voting for Crab. Squidy, the one pointing the finger, is my top suspect and didn't even bother to explain his read, never mind justify it.

I'm also not at all concerned by Crab's activity. He wouldn't have signed up if he didn't have enough time to play, and I don't doubt he's capable of playing in the time available to him. I'm more concerned by players like acohrs and CCS - always here but never contributing.

*Splinter

VOTE: acohrs

I agree with Crab's sentiment but don't like his choice in Bronx. Bronx has actually been playing more than usual (although admittedly that's not saying much). Acohrs or Blarg are worst for signal to noise ratio, and I have more faith in the latter to pull his head out of his arse as the game progresses.

Kawl_USC

VOTE: acohrs

I agree with Crab's sentiment but don't like his choice in Bronx. Bronx has actually been playing more than usual (although admittedly that's not saying much). Acohrs or Blarg are worst for signal to noise ratio, and I have more faith in the latter to pull his head out of his arse as the game progresses.
What separates ccs from his buddy in terms of contribution to you?

acohrs

I'd be willing to bet for some it's not as a result of role playing.

Agreeing with Faddy about lynching the inactive. Why give them the benefit of the doubt that they will contribute more later based on no evidence now.

Also don't like Crab coming in, posting a few thoughts and then hiding behind some shield of there's nothing to go on. If you don't want to engage that's fine, but claiming that there's nothing to go on and then not trying to change anything is just passing the buck and being anti town. Be the change you want to see and all that.

franconp

I'd be willing to bet for some it's not as a result of role playing.

Agreeing with Faddy about lynching the inactive. Why give them the benefit of the doubt that they will contribute more later based on no evidence now.

Also don't like Crab coming in, posting a few thoughts and then hiding behind some shield of there's nothing to go on. If you don't want to engage that's fine, but claiming that there's nothing to go on and then not trying to change anything is just passing the buck and being anti town. Be the change you want to see and all that.

Because it doesn't matter. If they still don't post they get replaced. And maybe we get someone who can contribute.

Do you think the inactives are the scum team?

I agree about Crab. His posting feels weak. He doesn't seem interested in contributing to the game. Yes, there has been a lot of shitposting so why don't you try yo ask questions or create a new discussion. Just complaining doesn't help town to find scum.

Natiko

Banned
Can someone summarise the Fran/Faddy/Natiko/Vere argument?

They were really pumped for mafia but instead realised they were actually in the image thread. Their anger over having fuckall to analyse has lead to them turning on each other.

Have you given any reads yet? Feel like you're sticking with shit posting while others have moved into actual game talk.

You were too lazy to read all that and asked for a summary. I happily obliged. Don't look a gift horse in the eye mate

Is that a "no"?

Haha are you serious chappy, You didn't like my last summary but you're asking me for another one?? Geez you're a lazy devil

Since I want to talk to someone and Splinter is the only one available I will bite.

Bronx - town, no scum would want to draw this much attention to themselves on D1, seems suicidal. Also, is a lot more talkative than other games, but not trying to be the main town voice or driving any type of discussion, which scum trying to hide in plain sight would seem likely to do.

Sorian - neutral, typically aggressive style but that could be indicative of town or scum, need to monitor as the game goes on, although if town, I think scum will kill him N1 since he likes to lead discussion and scum typically doesn't like thinkers. If scum don't kill him N1 then it's probably time to start looking much closer.

Faddy - most scummy looking rn but on D1 that's not saying much. Oddly aggressive tone when questioned earlier this day phase, especially given it's D1 and nobody has anything to go on.

Vere - neutral, can't make my mind up on him. One to watch.

I guess I am this obtuse as I have no clue what you're talking about. Care to enlighten me?
I'm referring to the above. You had already caught flak from Sorian for your joke response to Blarg's form as it wasn't consistent with your posts before hand. Then when pressed about reads you just act indifferent before finally spitting out one of the few posts with actual content you've made this game.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I sure love how WorthyEdge popped in once, cast a nonsensical vote for me and left it on me, never explained why, and disappeared afterwards.

Hell, that's what Crab just did.

Why.....it's almost as if this is some kind of.......strategy.

tumblr_inline_olnj0wTHEZ1srfon5_500.gif

Kawl_USC

I sure love how WorthyEdge popped in once, cast a nonsensical vote for me and left it on me, never explained why, and disappeared afterwards.

You keep using that word...

Natiko

Banned
Because it doesn't matter. If they still don't post they get replaced. And maybe we get someone who can contribute.

Do you think the inactives are the scum team?

I agree about Crab. His posting feels weak. He doesn't seem interested in contributing to the game. Yes, there has been a lot of shitposting so why don't you try yo ask questions or create a new discussion. Just complaining doesn't help town to find scum.
I feel like you're being overly specific here. Inactives refers to anyone with minimal posts of which even those lack actual content. It takes very, very little to actually stay part of the game and not be replaced. That doesn't change the fact they could be scum. Go look at Zelda. It was infuriating watching town kill itself while the entire scum team sat there and barely posted. Scum acorns got lynched D1 and then we never hit scum again until the very end because they just kept quiet and hid amongst those that barely post. Same for the SK. Town got slaughtered by people barely playing.

Kalor

Crab gave a reason for his vote. He didnt just cast it and leave.

Faddy

Banned
It's not a role, it's a read. And hell no will I be voting for Crab. Squidy, the one pointing the finger, is my top suspect and didn't even bother to explain his read, never mind justify it.

I'm also not at all concerned by Crab's activity. He wouldn't have signed up if he didn't have enough time to play, and I don't doubt he's capable of playing in the time available to him. I'm more concerned by players like acohrs and CCS - always here but never contributing.

Ok so the read is based on past play then because Crab has done nothing to even think about reading him.

Squidjy - I don't know about him. He hasn't done much outside his crab proclamation. He voted for acohrs as well

Acohrs - I read his posts and he had a few reads. I think he has participated enough to be off my inactive radar.

Why is Bronx so defensive? They're random D1 votes. There's no wagon yet.

Pointing out the votes on you just draws attention to yourself.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

are you dumb enough to think scum even care who gets lynched today? nothing has happened today. makes no difference who gets lynched. no need to strategize, may as well just do whatever as scum. even they did strategize... why you? if you were town, you're not threatening. you're not interesting. you make posts like this one. I'd leave you alive for a long, long time. all you do is create cover to hide behind.

*Splinter

Ok, so follow that thought through and explain to me what you think that strategy is and why it would be a good strategy for scum.

Bronx-Man

Banned
are you dumb enough to think scum even care who gets lynched today? nothing has happened today. makes no difference who gets lynched. no need to strategize, may as well just do whatever as scum. even they did strategize... why you? if you were town, you're not threatening. you're not interesting. you make posts like this one. I'd leave you alive for a long, long time. all you do is create cover to hide behind.
What's up with the defensiveness? I'm just asking questions here.

Kawl_USC

I feel like you're being overly specific here. Inactives refers to anyone with minimal posts of which even those lack actual content. It takes very, very little to actually stay part of the game and not be replaced. That doesn't change the fact they could be scum. Go look at Zelda. It was infuriating watching town kill itself while the entire scum team sat there and barely posted. Scum acorns got lynched D1 and then we never hit scum again until the very end because they just kept quiet and hid amongst those that barely post. Same for the SK. Town got slaughtered by people barely playing.

Because scum rolled people who are generally inactive that game. In another universe where the scum team was active posters, those players are just as likely to be low riders. Just because in one instance policy lynching low activity posters may have worked out by no means gives it weight come the next game. It's a boring, nonengaging way to play the game of mafia. I'd rather lose every time to a scum team who isn't posting shit, because I'm engaging with the active posters and highlighting what I see as inconsistencies, than win because I policy lynched inactives and that's where the scum rolls happened to be.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Crab gave a reason for his vote. He didnt just cast it and leave.
Kalor! Back from the dead. Man, it sure is pure coincidence that all these inactives are coming out the woodwork at the same time.

Why is Bronx so defensive? They're random D1 votes. There's no wagon yet.

Pointing out the votes on you just draws attention to yourself.
Never said anything about a wagon, kiddo.

Bronx-Man

Banned
it's not defensiveness. it's disdain. are your questions useful? no. think before you post.
Aggression too, I like that. You're really working the marks here; our match is gonna draw some serious moolah if you keep it up like this, brother.

Natiko

Banned
Because scum rolled people who are generally inactive that game. In another universe where the scum team was active posters, those players are just as likely to be low riders. Just because in one instance policy lynching low activity posters may have worked out by no means gives it weight come the next game. It's a boring, nonengaging way to play the game of mafia. I'd rather lose every time to a scum team who isn't posting shit, because I'm engaging with the active posters and highlighting what I see as inconsistencies, than win because I policy lynched inactives and that's where the scum rolls happened to be.
That's garbage reasoning. You're essentially saying the perfect strategy for Mafia is to not play. It is impossible to get actual reads on people not participating so we just continually lynch active town that COULD have helped solve. I guess if that's something you're fine with then so be it, but it made for the least enjoyable game of mafia I've been in thus far. I would rather try and force those not playing to contribute more when they do post instead of the garbage that some of our low post count players have shared thus far.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ok, so follow that thought through and explain to me what you think that strategy is and why it would be a good strategy for scum.
Never said it was a good strategy.

Now assuming my one-off thought that 5 people immediately decide to react to with venom is true, this "strategy" is that not all, but just a few scum come in, vote for me, leave, and pop the thought of being scum in the minds of people actually playing this goddamn game.

Not likely at all, but hey, I don't wanna ignore any possibilities.

franconp

I call inactives people who are really inactive. People with lack of actual content are coasters to me. Look at the post I made before where I separated the low posting players in two groups.

Nin and OA are inactives. They haven't posted for a long time. If they don't post before day's end they will be replaced. Lynching them would be wasting a lynch.

Crab, Kalor, TWE, LP and gryvan are coaster. They posted very little and almost none content. They are way more dangerous than the inactives.

And then we have people like Blarg, Kyan and Acohrs who had posted a lot but the contribution is almost none existant. This group is are also dangerous. It may be because day 1, but if all their post keep being like that in the future they need to be lynched.

Of all those names, who do you think we should lynch day 1?

Top Bottom