• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

*Splinter

With squidy flipping town, I want to look at who voted for him.

I don't considered Kyan's vote suspicious because it was the first and a wagon didn't immediately develop. I also don't distrust Sorian's because it seems like a very strange time for a scum vote, more likely town ensuring no tie.

With Nat dead, that leaves:

splinter
faddy
kawl_usc
stanleypalmtree

Thoughts on where the most likely scum is?

Also, apparently no lethal neutrals/vig unless doctor/roleblocker was successful.
I don't like how you left Kyan and Sorian out. I don't mind Kyan's vote but your reasoning is off. You say he didn't start the wagon but his vote led directly to me re-vote get squidy (I had already made it clear I would be willing to vote squid with more support), and those 2 votes were enough to keep squidy as an option, leading to the eventual wagon that formed. So it's pretty false to say Kyan's vote didn't start the wagon, and I'm not sure why that would be enough for you to discount him anyway.

Sorian's vote is also a very safe one that he could make with any alignment, so again I don't understand why you discount it.

CCS

Banned
I don't like how you left Kyan and Sorian out. I don't mind Kyan's vote but your reasoning is off. You say he didn't start the wagon but his vote led directly to me re-vote get squidy (I had already made it clear I would be willing to vote squid with more support), and those 2 votes were enough to keep squidy as an option, leading to the eventual wagon that formed. So it's pretty false to say Kyan's vote didn't start the wagon, and I'm not sure why that would be enough for you to discount him anyway.

Sorian's vote is also a very safe one that he could make with any alignment, so again I don't understand why you discount it.

Your point is taken on board, I will have a look back tomorrow morning and see what his posts around that time were like.

Sorian is safe as you say, ie a complete null. No value in analysing.

*Splinter

The gif could have been potentially a dense joke. And now with Crab seemingly claimed poison too, it's possible that your hypothetical poison shot was targeted at him, so you tried to question Stanley to find out if the poison PM was different.
Ok so there was an apparent misunderstanding of Crab's post, but your theory here was that scum tried to poison Stan and ended up hitting Crab, but then Stan just so happened to claim he was poisoned as a joke?

Burbeting

Banned
Ok so there was an apparent misunderstanding of Crab's post, but your theory here was that scum tried to poison Stan and ended up hitting Crab, but then Stan just so happened to claim he was poisoned as a joke?

My theory was that there were two poisoners, one scum and one possibly neutral. So the scum poisoner would have been surprised about the existence of the second poisoning.

*Splinter

Btw I kind of agree with Crab that the way the vote swung yesterday felt off, I need to look over Swamped's posts though as I don't remember much of them.

Tbh I felt the squidy wagon came out of nowhere. Yeah I had an argument for it but noone really commented on it so I didn't get the impression it was convincing anyone. People just started listing squidy as scum throughout the day and I don't remember much real discussion about him. I wanted him lynched but even I was surprised to see it happen.

Verelios

Btw I kind of agree with Crab that the way the vote swung yesterday felt off, I need to look over Swamped's posts though as I don't remember much of them.

Tbh I felt the squidy wagon came out of nowhere. Yeah I had an argument for it but noone really commented on it so I didn't get the impression it was convincing anyone. People just started listing squidy as scum throughout the day and I don't remember much real discussion about him. I wanted him lynched but even I was surprised to see it happen.
There was no real discussion at day end, that's why I asked if anyone had any valid reason for thinking Squidy was scum and all I got back was 'lol, we explained why'. I mean...yeah, I read through the thread. I'm asking because they weren't convincing arguments, or just plain bandwagons.

Burbeting

Banned
But the question came before the "second poison claim" (Crab's post)?

So I assumed after reading Crab's post incorrectly, that Crab was Kalor's target, and Kalor was surprised about Stanley coming forward -> going quickly to fish out information, like the poisoning PM.

franconp

So, Natiko was one of the most participative players the last day so that's obviously a bad death to us. Hope the people who kept shitposting steep up their game to compensate.

Stanley says he is poisoned and that he will die. My main doubt here is: Why Stanley? Being honest, he was a complete null for me the last day. I don't remember if there was something to make him a target. Will need to reread him.

I still think that Faddy is scum. Even more after some post regarding the voting. He gave Sorian a list of players to kill, he unvoted because Sorian, he then voted Squidy because Splinter and Sorian said so. Remember day one when I said he remembered me of Styles in Persona? Well, that feeling is stronger now.

I'm also worried about Nin. OA was one of the inactives day one and he asked for a replacemet. Nin had only one post but he suddenly appeared before day's end, made a couple of nonsense post and then he dissapeared again. If he made a similar play this phase we should lynch him.

Burb's post now raised doubts. Crab's post is pretty easy to understand. It felt more as he was trying to push for a Kalor lynch.

Burbeting

Banned
Quick questions:

Why did you vote squid, Kyan?

Do you want to go for Swamped still, Crab? If yes, why didn't you vote her instantly?

Are you going to become a contributive member of society now, Blarg?

Why did you vote on squidyj after being presented with Crab v Squidyj v Swamped situation, Stanley? (I know you are poisoned, so likely town, but I will ask anyway).

Sorian

Banned
Quick questions:

Do you want to go for Swamped still, Crab? If yes, why didn't you vote her instantly?

Why did you vote on squidyj after being presented with Crab v Squidyj v Swamped situation, Stanley? (I know you are poisoned, so likely town, but I will ask anyway).

This is a dangerous assumption to make.

Faddy

Banned
I didn't want to post this on day 1 because I was quite happy to lynch an inactive player and this is a gut read more than anything but I think CCS is scum and the initial list of inactive players he posted contained only 1 or maybe even 0 scum players.

He just hasn't read quite right to me. And for someone who was for a policy lynch I find it strange he moved to Swamped near the end of day with little reasoning. And now I see him here early on looking to investigate the people who voted for squidyj.

Quick questions:

i barely even considered swamped at the time, when i voted squidy was much closer to being lynched, i mostly just didnt want the lynch to go to crab, and squidy seemed like a fair target instead with his tiny amount of already unhelpful posts.

that said, i probably would have voted squidy anyway even if swamped had been a more likely lynch candidate, just because i had pretty much no memory of anything swamped had posted, and would really want to make a call on just the hearsay of other players.

Sorian

Banned
I didn't want to post this on day 1 because I was quite happy to lynch an inactive player and this is a gut read more than anything but I think CCS is scum and the initial list of inactive players he posted contained only 1 or maybe even 0 scum players.

He just hasn't read quite right to me. And for someone who was for a policy lynch I find it strange he moved to Swamped near the end of day with little reasoning. And now I see him here early on looking to investigate the people who voted for squidyj.

Why does this make sense to you? You would rather lynch an inactive than a scum read? Really?

franconp

Why does this make sense to you? You would rather lynch an inactive than a scum read? Really?

Are you kidding me?? He did the same thing day one:

For Bronx and Blarg I am against a policy lynch for shitposting. But if it is going to happen it must be today. I'm not lynching either on day 2 for shitposts on day 1.

Even though I am scumreading fran I still think I would rather go for a policy lynch against an inactive for the reason that lynching fran might get us 1 scum but it doesn't help us get his mates. Meanwhile we would still have a whole load of sandbaggers to carry. And if we are going to have a policy on inactives let's have one and stick to it.

Pushed to pick between achors and CCS. I would say it is more likely that CCS is scum but I don't have a strong read on either of them.

I was the only one who called him out for this. You even quoted that post, but didn't say anything about that:

I don't policy lynch, I'm not mentioning either of them for that reason.

Why is it raising red flags on you now and not there?

Faddy

Banned

I was the only one who called him out for this. You even quoted that post, but didn't say anything about that:

Why is my consistency bothering you?

Verelios

i barely even considered swamped at the time, when i voted squidy was much closer to being lynched, i mostly just didnt want the lynch to go to crab, and squidy seemed like a fair target instead with his tiny amount of already unhelpful posts.

that said, i probably would have voted squidy anyway even if swamped had been a more likely lynch candidate, just because i had pretty much no memory of anything swamped had posted, and would really want to make a call on just the hearsay of other players.
In other words, you were just seeking to lynch an inactive.

Sorian

Banned

Because I was scum reading you at the time of that post and didn't really care much what was going on in that whole thing. Now that Faddy has tanked in my eyes over the day end, I care more. Plus this reeks of hopping onto an early wagon when a few of us already quested why CCS left stuff out of his first posts today.

Huh. You do realize this wasn't a thunderdome situation right? If you didn't scum read Squidy you didn't have to vote for him.

but it was.

go look at the time left before my vote, and what the vote count was at.
it was all to clear that it was only going to be crab or squidy being lynched.

Faddy

Banned
Because I was scum reading you at the time of that post and didn't really care much what was going on in that whole thing. Now that Faddy has tanked in my eyes over the day end, I care more. Plus this reeks of hopping onto an early wagon when a few of us already quested why CCS left stuff out of his first posts today.

I have been floating CCS from early on

Other than the stuff about me I pretty much agree. Although CCS might be too quiet

At this point no one seems to be doing anything. CCS did post this and I would be happy to take out anyone on this list because FUCK THEM.

Crab has a vote so he is sort of the obvious choice. But I really don't care.

And I would note that shortly after I suggest targeting Crab for the lynch CCS comes in and wagons Natiko's vote on L_P which makes me put my vote on L_P too.

Later once Crab engages the thread CCS puts his vote on him in what I now read as a charade.

Well, I for one am enjoying this game.

I'm done for the night. When you want to play, I'll be back. Otherwise, lynch me.

Okay then.

VOTE: Crab

Later I openly offer Natiko to join splinter on squidyj since Natiko read him as scum and I had him inactive. I also said to Blarg and CCS about moving votes. But CCS doesn't move squidy, he moves to Swamped who only had a single vote near the end of day. And for all the talk of a Swamped wagon I don't think she got past 3 votes and only briefly with Blarg doing things.

I would very much like CCS to explain his voting behaviour.

This is a great time to reveal that I am in fact, Natiko the Posion Doctor! I can heal you, friend!

......bronx.

while i definitely love the sentiment, you really really should not have said that.

also there goes that plan of shittalking everyone on my last day here. whelp.

Bronx-Man

Banned
......bronx.

while i definitely love the sentiment, you really really should not have said that.

also there goes that plan of shittalking everyone on my last day here. whelp.

Do you have to do the action in the main thread?

Because, if not, why the hell did you said that?????

You guys said it yourself, I'm a terrible town player. If anyone should get got by scum, it's me. I wanna at least save Stanley before I'm gone.

Faddy

Banned
This certainly stops any lynch attempts, what a dumb fucking claim though.

VOTE: Swamped

You're up for your day end shit.

What end of day shit?

This post?

I don't really have much time for a defense as I'm about to head out, but I'm very disappointed at this turn of events. I am most definitely not scum, and it would be wise to put your vote elsewhere. Every post I have made has been transparent, and I have answered all questions my way to the best of my ability. That's all I can really do.

Seems fine to me.

or this one?

Even before Crab made his huge post, I had a sneaking suspicion he was going to vote for me. It's because I'm on the right track regarding his alignment. You're definitely scum my friend, and I urge everyone to lynch Crab today.

My first vote on Crab was a fun one, then I changed to acohrs because of scummy behavior. But my second vote on Crab was very serious.

I also read Dragonz as scum. I'm cooling off on my Burb scum read though. Acohrs...really not sure any more, would like more data.

Which is scum reading Crab. I see no problem here.

Why are you so protective of Crab anyway?

If Crab is feeding us shit then I'm happy to eat it another day apparently. I don't lynch there, like it or not, his last post is right.

franconp

You guys said it yourself, I'm a terrible town player. If anyone should get got by scum, it's me. I wanna at least save Stanley before I'm gone.

So, you don't need to input the action here for it to work? So why did you do it? Townie points????

Either you are one of the worst townie I ever seen or there's something suspicious around here.

Sorian

Banned
What end of day shit?

This post?

Seems fine to me.

or this one?

Which is scum reading Crab. I see no problem here.

Why are you so protective of Crab anyway?

Neither of those. The one where she tried to tell us that she knew for sure that Crab was scum. Crab has also said pretty much the same about her. Crab has actual reason to think that from just day 1 stuff. Her wagon evaporated as it was starting. Swamped doesn't have anything in the reverse for Crab aside from her base read. And yes, I'm protective of Crab because the extent of the suspicion was "oh noooo, he's trying to be a town leader." People whine about this in every game and it's a very rare occurrence for a "town leader" to actually be scum trying to act big. I'm not interested in lynching a player who isn't shit posting just because people don't like loud voices.

hes saying his intent is to pretty much suicide by night-kill

And it's likely suicide is all he will get and you'll still be dead.

franconp

Neither of those. The one where she tried to tell us that she knew for sure that Crab was scum. Crab has also said pretty much the same about her. Crab has actual reason to think that from just day 1 stuff. Her wagon evaporated as it was starting. Swamped doesn't have anything in the reverse for Crab aside from her base read. And yes, I'm protective of Crab because the extent of the suspicion was "oh noooo, he's trying to be a town leader." People whine about this in every game and it's a very rare occurrence for a "town leader" to actually be scum trying to act big. I'm not interested in lynching a player who isn't shit posting just because people don't like loud voices.

Crab suspicion wasn't because he was trying to be town leader. It was because he wasn't collaborating with town. He was just whining. Instead of ask questions and pressure people he was just complaining. There was nothing of value there.

I also disliked how he said that people became more talkative because of him. People became more talkative because it was the time where more of us where around. And because the deadline was getting closer. I think that even if Crab wouldn't have made his post people would became more talkative anyway.

Faddy

Banned

It was squidyj that stone cold called Crab out as scum. And Crab was never in positioned as a town leader. In fact there was a hell of a lot of disdain about shitting on the thread, not fully reading it, not contributing. The closest to Town leader was when the suggestion that he changed the tone of the thread (which is completely ridiculous, if anyone changed the tone of the thread it was Natiko)

Swamped pointed out the faux outrage from Crab when reading the thread and I happen to agree. That exchange with CCS being the most blatant example.

How can Swamped be held accountable for a wagon evaporating that was never really there to begin with.

You are not making any sense.

Verelios

I'm missing something? Why does he need to suicide?

Couldn't he just cure you and not say anything so he could cure again if needed?
Yes...yes he could, IF Bronx was telling the truth, which I doubt. At this point, it doesn't matter since we're left with two options.

1. He is town, scum doesn't lynch him for days hoping to force a mislynch

2. We lynch him for obfuscating lynch targets

GG Bronx

Sorian

Banned
Crab suspicion wasn't because he was trying to be town leader. It was because he wasn't collaborating with town. He was just whining. Instead of ask questions and pressure people he was just complaining. There was nothing of value there.

I also disliked how he said that people became more talkative because of him. People became more talkative because it was the time where more of us where around. And because the deadline was getting closer. I think that even if Crab wouldn't have made his post people would became more talkative anyway.

Except I do think that he did snap people out of the shit posting. The narrative that it was going to happen anyway sounds like crap to me. I'm just as much an offender because I was distracted by Horizon and didn't care much at the time but things did push because he threw down a random vote and started whining (a fair call).

Sorian

Banned
It was squidyj that stone cold called Crab out as scum. And Crab was never in positioned as a town leader. In fact there was a hell of a lot of disdain about shitting on the thread, not fully reading it, not contributing. The closest to Town leader was when the suggestion that he changed the tone of the thread (which is completely ridiculous, if anyone changed the tone of the thread it was Natiko)

Swamped pointed out the faux outrage from Crab when reading the thread and I happen to agree. That exchange with CCS being the most blatant example.

How can Swamped be held accountable for a wagon evaporating that was never really there to begin with.

You are not making any sense.

I went back to find the post I could have sworn she made and it's not there so point. The issue of being held accountable is ridiculous though. Mafia gets caught plenty of times because of things completely out of the individual's control. 3 people were up for day end, Swamped was one of them, let's not pretend a wagon wasn't there then suddenly Squidy came out from no where with a big majority. I think Crab is town and something was being protected there so I think it was Swamped.

Faddy

Banned
I went back to find the post I could have sworn she made and it's not there so point. The issue of being held accountable is ridiculous though. Mafia gets caught plenty of times because of things completely out of the individual's control. 3 people were up for day end, Swamped was one of them, let's not pretend a wagon wasn't there then suddenly Squidy came out from no where with a big majority. I think Crab is town and something was being protected there so I think it was Swamped.

And I think it was Crab being protected.

Why does CCS move his vote from Crab to Swamped, that is the number 1 question I want answered.

Top Bottom