• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not lynching Bronx while someone is poisoned. If he's lying he gets counterclaimed eventually, I have no reason to worry about him in the meantime.

Assuming there actually is a poison-doctor. You don't always have one; not all kills can be blocked.

How many people are actually playing this game at the moment, versus coasting? I know we can't really start lynching coasters at random, but I'm slightly worried about the possibility that there might be only one or two active scum and the rest are all coasting and will just watch as we lynch a succession of active players.

That's more or less exactly how Zelda went down.

Pot, meet kettle

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I was probably gonna get lynched today anyway based off of D1, and I didn't want me and Stanley both dying.

No. Bullshit. If we had half an hour to go before deadline, and you had 10 votes on, fine, be my guest. A few hours into the start of the day phase with relatively little conversation or serious pushes on you so far that day? Absolute bullshit. A real PR doesn't crack in that situation.

I am lynching you.

Bronx-Man

Banned
No. Bullshit. If we had half an hour to go before deadline, and you had 10 votes on, fine, be my guest. A few hours into the start of the day phase with relatively little conversation or serious pushes on you so far that day? Absolute bullshit. A real PR doesn't crack in that situation.

I am lynching you.
It's your funeral, dude.

CCS

Banned
I do not believe Bronx is scum. On the other hand, it also seems fairly clear that we're going to spend most of the time arguing about him for as long as he's in the game. If we are going to lynch him, it might be better to get it over with early.

However, I town read him, so I won't vote for him.

Swamped

Banned
I don't know if Stan is town, but I've been leaning town on him. I'd like to see him cured. On D3 we can confirm if Bronx is telling the truth about his role (unless scum NK Stan?).

I'll also be looking more closely at Fran, Kyan, Kawl, Splinter and Vere some time this day phase (including a re-read of D1)

Wait!! What!!!

Why does Crab has 5 votes so early in the phase??

We still have more than 30 hours left. Why the rush??? That only allows scum to hide in the bandwagon.

Majority is 12. I wouldn't be panicking so much.

---

I really would like to hear more from TWE, LP and gryvan as well.

CCS

Banned
Players I really want to hear more from:

FEP (although giving them a break since they've only just subbed in)
LP
TWE
Gryvan
nin
Kalor

Faddy

Banned
How many people are actually playing this game at the moment, versus coasting? I know we can't really start lynching coasters at random, but I'm slightly worried about the possibility that there might be only one or two active scum and the rest are all coasting and will just watch as we lynch a succession of active players.

That's more or less exactly how Zelda went down.

Let's lynch a random inactive!

I do not believe Bronx is scum. On the other hand, it also seems fairly clear that we're going to spend most of the time arguing about him for as long as he's in the game. If we are going to lynch him, it might be better to get it over with early.

Let's lynch Bronx!

Seems pretty desperate for a person who again has his vote on his scum read with the most votes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

You need to explain your posts. You can just say "I think X", that doesn't persuade anyone unless they have prior reason to suppose CCS' thinkings are right. You need to say "I think X because Y, Z". If you do have any reasons for why Bronx isn't scum, I'd love to hear them, because he certainly isn't giving any.

CCS

Banned
Let's lynch a random inactive!

Let's lynch Bronx!

Seems pretty desperate for a person who again has his vote on his scum read with the most votes.

Except I don't want to do either. I can flag areas I'm concerned about without pushing for a lynch, there are states of the world between "lynch now!" and "everything is fine".

CCS

Banned
You need to explain your posts. You can just say "I think X", that doesn't persuade anyone unless they have prior reason to suppose CCS' thinkings are right. You need to say "I think X because Y, Z". If you do have any reasons for why Bronx isn't scum, I'd love to hear them, because he certainly isn't giving any.

I've said before, but the feeling I got from D1 play was the Bronx was aggressive/frustrated town, rather than scum. His claim for me actually adds to that, because I see it more as a town player who has given up on the game and doesn't care if they're playing anti-town than a scum move. Could be neutral I suppose, but I would expect neutral Bronx to keep a lower profile without a team to help him (although I guess he wasn't so low profile in Zelda).

But yeah, for me not scum. Possibly neutral, most likely town.

Kawl_USC

No, don't fuck around like that. You know there's no point. Poisoner becomes utterly redundant if a roleblock-proof poisoner exists. They can only have any effect if the roleblock-poisoner dies before the poisoner does, but if the roleblock-poisoner claims, they won't get lynched, can't get blocked, and protective roles will be on them all day erry day, that's incredibly unlikely to happen. Ouro would not make a setup that way.

Please can we lynch Bronx? Please? Just read his posts, they're so obviously and clearly lies!

This post says what I was going to say about the they'll be sorry stuff that followed up bronxs claim. There's no game design where that makes any sense at all. Best case, Bronx is making a poorly thought out bluff. Worst case, he's lying scum. Either way he's lying. Lying town is bad. I'd be more partial to giving him a day to prove himself without the whole scum won't dare target me shit.

For those who want to keep Bronx around, if start of the next day Stanley is dead and Bronx is alive, where does that leave us?

I still don't understand or buy the case against crab. I didn't on day one and nothing has come out to persuade me of this any more this day.

Kawl_USC

Then we'd lynch Bronx?
So we essentially allow scum to predetermine how the next day will play out via their night actions?

What if some new night action or convincing case is made regarding some one else? We'd be sitting on several people that we would 'have' to lynch. Which sounds like a great place to be in, except a claim like bronxs if made by scum is designed to just buy a little time. As if they have a role that only needs X days to accomplish something major.

I see almost no game states in which there isn't a counter to an openly claimed poison doctor. So in my mind there's never a situation in which Bronx gets to actually cure someone. Either he's lying, or he's neutralized. His you'll be sorry post reeks of desperation and scrambling.

If he's going to be lynched tomorrow, better to do it today instead of giving him the time a claim like this is designed for. Better to lynch today when we have no super strong lead via night actions or scum hunting.

Faddy

Banned
So we essentially allow scum to predetermine how the next day will play out via their night actions?

What if some new night action or convincing case is made regarding some one else? We'd be sitting on several people that we would 'have' to lynch. Which sounds like a great place to be in, except a claim like bronxs if made by scum is designed to just buy a little time. As if they have a role that only needs X days to accomplish something major.

I see almost no game states in which there isn't a counter to an openly claimed poison doctor. So in my mind there's never a situation in which Bronx gets to actually cure someone. Either he's lying, or he's neutralized. His you'll be sorry post reeks of desperation and scrambling.

If he's going to be lynched tomorrow, better to do it today instead of giving him the time a claim like this is designed for. Better to lynch today when we have no super strong lead via night actions or scum hunting.

No. That is ridiculous.

You are letting theorised scum actions dictate today's lynch.

I have a strong lead with Crab and CCS.

Kawl_USC

No. That is ridiculous.

You are letting theorised scum actions dictate today's lynch.

I have a strong lead with Crab and CCS.

Do you actually believe the details of bronx's claim then?

Because if you don't, I'm not entirely sure of what's scummier than a false role claim. Unless an explanation for a reasonable townperson to do so can be produced.

What is the strong lead for crab? His tone and frustration yesterday? You believe it was a false put on exasperation? So you believe he was being untrue. Where as it's an almost certain thing that Bronx is being untrue.

And the ccs case comes from his vote shifting off of crab at a pivotal point in the yesterday's lynch? Or is there additional 'damning' evidence that I've missed?

Faddy

Banned
Do you actually believe the details of bronx's claim then?

Because if you don't, I'm not entirely sure of what's scummier than a false role claim. Unless an explanation for a reasonable townperson to do so can be produced.

What is the strong lead for crab? His tone and frustration yesterday? You believe it was a false put on exasperation? So you believe he was being untrue. Where as it's an almost certain thing that Bronx is being untrue.

And the ccs case comes from his vote shifting off of crab at a pivotal point in the yesterday's lynch? Or is there additional 'damning' evidence that I've missed?

I believe Stanley is poisoned and I believe the outcome of that scenario is going to give us a lot of details about whether Bronx is lying or not. I want to see what happens.

I also did not care for this read of CCS by Crab

CCS is probably just very bad town. Could be scum, but acts so un-town-like that it would be hard to actually discern scum features. CCS trusts a) people who make long game theory posts and b) people who were town in his last game. He distrusts a) people who push foses and b) people who were scum in his last game. Very easily manipulated. For example, finding that Burb post really useful - that Burb post was a total waste of space. Because of our play history together, I will never stop being scum to CCS, and so the vote is probably not from malign intent, but it still makes me despair.

To me that just screams a Scum/Scum interaction. Oh CCS could be scum but really he is town lol

Added to CCS vote nonsense (and his straining to get off Crab today) and that I agree with Swamped read of Crab.

Do you believe CCS is giving an honest accounting of why he changed votes at the end of day?

Kyanrute

I believe Stanley is poisoned and I believe the outcome of that scenario is going to give us a lot of details about whether Bronx is lying or not. I want to see what happens.

Stan dies and Bronx lives. Bronx claims he used his power on Stan. What does this tell us?

Faddy

Banned
Stan dies and Bronx lives. Bronx claims he used his power on Stan. What does this tell us?

It would depend if there were other NKs, how Stan flips, what Bronx says after, if someone else claimed poisoned.

A whole load of things that don't come into play if we lynch Bronx today.

Kyanrute

The point I am getting at is that I feel there are some scenarios where we might learn very little or nothing at all. Can we get some nice info if we leave Bronx alive: yes. The opposite might also be true and the thing is that scum control the information flow in the end, not us.

CCS

Banned

I also did not care for this read of CCS by Crab

To me that just screams a Scum/Scum interaction. Oh CCS could be scum but really he is town lol

Added to CCS vote nonsense (and his straining to get off Crab today) and that I agree with Swamped read of Crab.

Do you believe CCS is giving an honest accounting of why he changed votes at the end of day?

So apparently now acknowledging the fact that there's more than one scum and we should maybe look for the others too is trying to get off my vote.

My vote will remain where it is for now, but I will move it if someone else becomes a stronger scum read. Suggesting that it would be strange for me to change my vote and not just tunnel one player reflects more or you than on me I feel.

CCS

Banned
Does anyone else think it's weird that Faddy left the Crab lynch before me yesterday, but he's now trying to paint me leaving it as some sort of obvious proof that me and Crab are a scum pairing? Seems very strange to me.

Faddy

Banned
Does anyone else think it's weird that Faddy left the Crab lynch before me yesterday, but he's now trying to paint me leaving it as some sort of obvious proof that me and Crab are a scum pairing? Seems very strange to me.

So you are positing I saved Crab on day one to immediately tunnel him on day two.

You haven't explained why you moved vote in any sort of reasoned way and instead passed it off as not paying attention.

These arguments all seem very flimsy CCS.

Kyanrute

It would depend if there were other NKs, how Stan flips, what Bronx says after, if someone else claimed poisoned.

A whole load of things that don't come into play if we lynch Bronx today.

And I feel this is rather vague a statement in general. I am not strictly seeing how additional NK's would affect anyone's opinion whether or not Bronx is a Poison Doc or not. They could, of course, but what exactly is the scenario you are suggesting here? In addition, is it absolutely guaranteed that Bronx could come up with something that really suggests he is what he claims to be (whatever that is). Again, things that could happen but nothing more.

But the point about additional poisonings is correct, at least somewhat. Alas, what about the scenario where the poison is not a single-use command but needn't be used on every night? Again, a thing that might happen or might not.

As things stand, I am of the opinion that there is no guarantee that leaving Bronx alive would be useful.

CCS

Banned
So you are positing I saved Crab on day one to immediately tunnel him on day two.

You haven't explained why you moved vote in any sort of reasoned way and instead passed it off as not paying attention.

These arguments all seem very flimsy CCS.

Guess what: I wasn't paying attention. That's literally it. I'm not going to say anything else because I'd be lying.

franconp

I still don't know what to do with Bronx claim. Everything about it seems suspicious (why he did it, being unblockable, etc) but I feel that lynching him is doing scum work for them.

I think I would give him am extra day. If Stanley dies we should lynch Bronx. If Stanley doesn't die it doesn't mean anything. Bronx could have cured him but also another real doctor or Stanley could have lied about the poison. We should see when that happens.

Faddy

Banned
And I feel this is rather vague a statement in general. I am not strictly seeing how additional NK's would affect anyone's opinion whether or not Bronx is a Poison Doc or not. They could, of course, but what exactly is the scenario you are suggesting here? In addition, is it absolutely guaranteed that Bronx could come up with something that really suggests he is what he claims to be (whatever that is). Again, things that could happen but nothing more.

But the point about additional poisonings is correct, at least somewhat. Alas, what about the scenario where the poison is not a single-use command but needn't be used on every night? Again, a thing that might happen or might not.

As things stand, I am of the opinion that there is no guarantee that leaving Bronx alive would be useful.

Bronx cures Stanley
Scum lynch Stanley

Oh look Stan is dead! And not by poisoning or because Bronx lied.

Kawl_USC

Guess what: I wasn't paying attention. That's literally it. I'm not going to say anything else because I'd be lying.
To answer your question faddy, yea I do believe ccs when he says this. But I'll admit I need to go back and reread the last few pages and voting patterns of the day end which I plan to do so this evening. For now, this has the ring of truth to me especially with the type of player ccs is.

CCS

Banned
Like, I would have changed my vote back, but I genuinely lost track of time. I was playing Horizon and meaning to come back about 10 minutes before day end, but I got so caught up in (early game spoilers)
the Proving
that when I looked down aty watch my immediate reaction was "oh shitting hell it's 10 o'clock!"

Faddy

Banned
So scum will waste a night kill just so that we lynch a player that many people want to lynch anyway?

I'd be ok with that.

But then we lynch Bronx who can perhaps cure more poisoned players during the day. Then they get another lynch at night.

Also what does everyone think of the poison mechanic, does this seem like a scum thing or a neutral thing? My gut says the poisoner is a neutral.

Kyanrute

Bronx cures Stanley
Scum lynch Stanley

Oh look Stan is dead! And not by poisoning or because Bronx lied.

? I am not getting it. am dumdum

Bronx and Stan are town and Bronx is what he claims. Bronx saves Stan from poison, scum kill Stan. D3 begins and to the eyes of town, nothing is confirmed about Bronx. The Bronx discussion is repeated.

Faddy

Banned
? I am not getting it. am dumdum

Bronx and Stan are town and Bronx is what he claims. Bronx saves Stan from poison, scum kill Stan. D3 begins and to the eyes of town, nothing is confirmed about Bronx. The Bronx discussion is repeated.

But we might not know scum killed Stanley. It is far from certain that scum and poisoner are the only NKs in the game.

If only Stan died then we could be pretty sure Bronx is true but that might not be the case.

acohrs

Why would LP be replaced? He has posts in the last day phase.

Also why LP? why not TWE who hasn't posted in a lot longer. At least LP turned up before the day 1 deadline.

because I decided to poke LP with a vote, happy for others to get their hoops and prod others too if you want to help

Kyanrute

But we might not know scum killed Stanley. It is far from certain that scum and poisoner are the only NKs in the game.

If only Stan died then we could be pretty sure Bronx is true but that might not be the case.

Mmmhmm, it ain't outrageous to think that there could be some more kills in this populated a game. But. Hmm. I get the feeling we are going beside the topic or something, at least I am lost lol.

Sparing Bronx could help us to determine his alignment and protect Stan and other possible poison victims. The possibility exists. Yet such a scenario is not guaranteed and I see multiple things that could prevent such an outcome. One, Bronx's behavior today; the timing of his claim and his inability to make sense of his claim. Two, relying on uncoordinated town power roles to save the day against coordinated scum power roles.

If we do not certainly benefit from keeping Bronx alive, I feel we need to look at the things we currently have. Right now, they do not fill me with confidence.

bronx pls make sense

Bronx.

What even are you? Why'd you role claim that?

Sorry for not being there at the end of Day 1 though I would've kept my vote on Bronx to be perfectly honest. Now with this "role claim" I fear I made the wrong vote perhaps?

This is always tough especially on Day 2 to make any specific claims regarding who I suspect. Will have to sit back and watch some events unfold and interject in the ones that require further assistance.

Bronx. I want to know the reason behind this claim and why you simply didn't wait. Now there's a target on your back. Why'd you put it there? Trying to somehow bait people in?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Lynch me today or tomorrow, I couldn't care less at this point. But no matter what, I will flip town. It's your guys call on whether or not wasting a lynch on me is worth it when Crab (THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS SCUM) is still around.

Faddy

Banned
Mmmhmm, it ain't outrageous to think that there could be some more kills in this populated a game. But. Hmm. I get the feeling we are going beside the topic or something, at least I am lost lol.

Sparing Bronx could help us to determine his alignment and protect Stan and other possible poison victims. The possibility exists. Yet such a scenario is not guaranteed and I see multiple things that could prevent such an outcome. One, Bronx's behavior today; the timing of his claim and his inability to make sense of his claim. Two, relying on uncoordinated town power roles to save the day against coordinated scum power roles.

If we do not certainly benefit from keeping Bronx alive, I feel we need to look at the things we currently have. Right now, they do not fill me with confidence.

bronx pls make sense

Lynching Bronx will 100% stop that scenario which is why it should be off the table.

nin1000

Banned
i know this has been said several times but well here i go aswell.

Bronx-Man That claim was incredibly stupid, thats why i love it so much.
Embrace the moment and enjoy it. Finally you are playing the game like it was supposed to be played all along.

Since we still have a lot of time left in this day phase ( francorp mentioned that earlier, lets cool off the train for the moment.

UNVOTE

what else is there to say atm ?

CCS is coming off as very tilty and even though it might concern most, he does not reek like a scum player, more like a town player who has lost his mind and is trying for the sake of trying to come off as helpful ( note: you are not! )

Faddy is also someone.. yeah, going to read through the game now in order to put down my thoughts better in order.

behold everyone.

Verelios

I still don't know what to do with Bronx claim. Everything about it seems suspicious (why he did it, being unblockable, etc) but I feel that lynching him is doing scum work for them.

I think I would give him am extra day. If Stanley dies we should lynch Bronx. If Stanley doesn't die it doesn't mean anything. Bronx could have cured him but also another real doctor or Stanley could have lied about the poison. We should see when that happens.
This is a garbage situation either way. We're left with absolutely having to lynch Bronx eventually and wasting a day because of this claim, where we learn nothing. Even if we don't today, unless there's a cop check or tracker than yeah, gj on whatever this is.

Yup. I agree with waiting and see what develops with this whole Bronx deal.

But now it's a matter of questions such as how many times can Bronx cure?

Or, how many times can Scum poison?

What if for some ungodly reason Scum poisoned one of their own (maybe godfather) and we automatically think Stanley is then a townie keeping him in the clear.

Just random thoughts that probably don't add up to anything...

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx. I want to know the reason behind this claim and why you simply didn't wait. Now there's a target on your back. Why'd you put it there? Trying to somehow bait people in?

You want the truth? Fine! I panicked, OK?! I saw people like Kawl saying I was toxic to play with and needed to be removed all costs, people like Sorian and Crab were aiming for me all D1, there were numerous inactives that even if they weren't scum, could probably be influenced into voting for me like they did D1, I panicked and saw no other options to get all these people off of my back. I panicked because I am dumb as hell which we all know already.

Top Bottom