• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

nin1000

Banned
Swamped/Crab: what's your current read of Burb?

I guess anyone else can pitch in too, he hasn't been discussed much recently.

I know I am not the best guy to be saying that but other than saying "this player is giving me bad vibes" without even giving any evidence besides "gut reads" there was not really much to his posts.

*Splinter

I'm here to talk if you want.

I was reading you being on the same page as me as regards the alleged Swamped train and suspicion on CCS's vote. As well as being vehemently against lynching Bronx today.
Sometimes we agree. Sometimes we have the same position but I dislike your reasoning. Recent example: I criticised Crab's post 1717, you then did the same. On the surface we have the same position but I totally disagreed with your criticism, and the fact that it comes so soon after mine doesn't make me feel any better (yes I know you already talked about that post earlier in the day).

*Splinter

I consider Splinter to be like the chameleon of Gafia. His play style changes with each game, which makes his alignment difficult to ascertain based on previous games.
happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Swamped

Banned
Everyone, may I kindly have your attention, please.

I want every single player in this game, to quote this post.

In your text, I want two sentences; first, I want you to ask me what dessert did Natiko mention in his Last Will, and right after that, type the answer to that question yourself.

GO

uhhhh what dessert was Natiko craving on his deathbed?

Chocolate pudding

---

I haven't really looking much into CCS, but this recent vote on me and then Vere (posts 1796 and 1799) is weird. Maybe to get Faddy off his back? Struggling to understand the reasoning for the Vere vote.

Lots of people lite scum reading Acohrs as well. I'll look into him again. I was leaning trown on him.

---

Regarding the crab vs swamped scenario, I would be more inclined to believe crab over swamped. Mainly because I agree with his reads of Bronx, CCS, and Ahcors, but on the flip side, I may be biased seeing as how I have only had a few posts of swamped's to go on.

Bronx I understand (but don't agree with). Tell me what Crab's reads on CCS and Acohrs are?

Faddy

Banned
Sometimes we agree. Sometimes we have the same position but I dislike your reasoning. Recent example: I criticised Crab's post 1717, you then did the same. On the surface we have the same position but I totally disagreed with your criticism, and the fact that it comes so soon after mine doesn't make me feel any better (yes I know you already talked about that post earlier in the day).

I assume you are talking about this post

I think you hit gold with the call on Crab.

And there is much more suspicion about how the Crab train melted away than why no one decided to vote for you.

Post 1717 was terrible and missed a whole lot of key points about why some votes moved. I'm sure it took a whole lot of effort but it was used to create noise. An admirable play since his only other effort post got people to back off him.

Swamped posted she was thinking about moving away from Crab, I wanted to re-iterate my support for that read. And whether it is adding my voice to yours or not the main point is to make sure she knows my vote against Crab is not going to melt away and have my focus switched elsewhere.

What do you disagree with about my criticism of Crab's post? Particularly regarding the point that Crab ignored (or didn't understand) the implicit agreement me and Natiko had discussed since he probably didn't know how DR3 day 1 went down.

You and Sorian are in the best position to understand that point since you were both also involved.

uhhhh what dessert was Natiko craving on his deathbed?

Chocolate pudding

---

I haven't really looking much into CCS, but this recent vote on me and then Vere (posts 1796 and 1799) is weird. Maybe to get Faddy off his back? Struggling to understand the reasoning for the Vere vote.

Lots of people lite scum reading Acohrs as well. I'll look into him again. I was leaning trown on him.

---

Bronx I understand (but don't agree with). Tell me what Crab's reads on CCS and Acohrs are?

If I remember correctly he found them to be light scum reads. I'll have to go back later

In other news, Pope is still a Catholic.

Also, I feel like anyone who says I have said nothing is either being deliberately misleading or not actually reading what I write.

Yes it's 50% shitposts, but the other 50% are actual content.

Also, you know what, I'm off the Crab train. I buy Swamped as scum more than him right now. Sticking by my WAMD and Stan reads though.

Vote: Swamped

I mean you have stuff to say, it's just all fluff and has no substance

I feel more confident in a CCS lynch rn than I do a Bronx lynch. Not saying Bronx is in the clear, but I will give him a day to save Stan if he's actually telling the truth

Vote: CCS

CCS

Banned
1. Push me as scum for being too "fluffy"
2. I flip town
3. ???
4. Repeat

Swear to god, my picnic blanket has less consistent patterns.

But if we're doing this again, sure, I'll revert to type.

I'm barry, and I'm vanilla town.

Hey Dragonz do you have an opinion on the links I am drawing between Crab and CCS?

I think you're on the right track. Looking back on his posts his opinions of Swamped are non committal. The posts you linked seem like he's protecting her.

It aligns with my previous reads of Swamped and my concerns.

Swamped

Banned
If I remember correctly he found them to be light scum reads. I'll have to go back later

Ok no problem. Here is the answer though:

No. I explain why I chose to start my analysis where I did quite clearly. Starting from Blargonaut's vote, the field was entirely open. At the point of CCS moving his vote, the field was still mostly centred around me.

All that would happen by analyzing CCS' vote would be: was CCS protecting me? No, I'm town. Was he looking for a safe spot? No, it isn't clear Swamped was safe. Neither strucks me as how scum acts.

Crab leans town on CCS, the above post is from D2. On D1 in his post 1207 he wishy-washily reads CCS as 'bad town'.

I'm struggling to find a Crab read on Acohrs on D2. He leans scum on Acohrs on D1 though (post 1207). But that was when he scum read me, and now he's on the fence about me so...I don't know if he has updated his read on acorn.

I have to wonder why you used Crab's reads as a justification of your own, even though Crab's reads on CCS and Acorn are different to your own. In fact he hardly mentions acorhrs at all. Currently I'm reading this as a defense of Crab.

Swamped

Banned
2. I flip town
3. ???
4. Repeat

Already role-claiming?

Have you played with Barrylocke before?

franconp

2. I flip town
3. ???
4. Repeat

I'm on mobile so I don't know but how many votes are on you?

11?

Because if you are not that close to turbo, WHY THE NEED TO ROLECLAIM?

If you are town that is beyond stupid and antitown. You are doing scum work for them.

I will go over all the rest of the day when I'm at home and not mobile. Just wanted to vent.

CCS

Banned
I'm on mobile so I don't know but how many votes are on you?

11?

Because if you are not that close to turbo, WHY THE NEED TO ROLECLAIM?

If you are town that is beyond stupid and antitown. You are doing scum work for them.

I will go over all the rest of the day when I'm at home and not mobile. Just wanted to vent.

Well, my whole "actually contributing, trying to provide analysis and play properly" thing didn't seem to be getting me anyway, so back to form it is.

Ok no problem. Here is the answer though:

Crab leans town on CCS, the above post is from D2. On D1 in his post 1207 he wishy-washily reads CCS as 'bad town'.

I'm struggling to find a Crab read on Acohrs on D2. He leans scum on Acohrs on D1 though (post 1207). But that was when he scum read me, and now he's on the fence about me so...I don't know if he has updated his read on acorn.

I have to wonder why you used Crab's reads as a justification of your own, even though Crab's reads on CCS and Acorn are different to your own. In fact he hardly mentions acorhrs at all. Currently I'm reading this as a defense of Crab.

I must have misremembered it. Oops. I know there was someone else who read them both as scum but I'm at work and can't really go back and look.

Well I do read Crab as town so take it as a defense or not, I don't really care. I read CCS as scum, Acorn as slight scum, you as null. I will have to see more to make a better judgement of you, even in light of Faddy's analysis.

nin1000

Banned
I feel more confident in a CCS lynch rn than I do a Bronx lynch. Not saying Bronx is in the clear, but I will give him a day to save Stan if he's actually telling the truth

Vote: CCS

to be fair, bronx was not looking to be a lynch candidate for today.
even with his scetchy claim he saved himself for today.

franconp

Well, my whole "actually contributing, trying to provide analysis and play properly" thing didn't seem to be getting me anyway, so back to form it is.

That's not excuse. You can be frustrated but roleclaiming doesn't help town at all.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This should be a lock for Crab to finally flip scum, yet we keep switching to people like squidy and swamped and CCS.

Now if Dragonz voted for acohrs I wouldn't have a problem with since his play is slightly reminiscent of Zelda Mafia. But what makes CCS scum outside of posting fluff and making an early claim?

Faddy

Banned
That's not excuse. You can be frustrated but roleclaiming doesn't help town at all.

Dragonz vote was the first one on him so it can't be pressure from him being lynched. To me it is about the whole scum house of cards tumbling down when we flip Crab.

And is claiming vanilla town really a role claim? It is very anti town since scum already know who is town and will be looking to hit players with power roles.

nin1000

Banned
This should be a lock for Crab to finally flip scum, yet we keep switching to people like squidy and swamped and CCS.

Now if Dragonz voted for acohrs I wouldn't have a problem with since his play is slightly reminiscent of Zelda Mafia. But what makes CCS scum outside of posting fluff and making an early claim?

bronx i trust you but i need reassurance.

tell me why and i will follow suit

Bronx-Man

Banned
why

justify
You keep trying to hide behind other people to lynch. Squidy, Swamped, Me. You voted for me today because you thought town would still vote me off, then backed off when you realized that wasn't gonna happen. You've been coming off desperate this whole game and keep trying to lead town to voting for other townies.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You keep trying to hide behind other people to lynch. Squidy, Swamped, Me. You voted for me today because you thought town would still vote me off, then backed off when you realized that wasn't gonna happen. You've been coming off desperate this whole game and keep trying to lead town to voting for other townies.

There are some players I think are scum. Consequently, I push for them to be lynched. That's not 'hiding'. That's normal town play, that literally every vaguely competent town player will be doing. You were tied with me at several points during D1. Were you 'hiding' by trying to push my lynch? If you say no, your argument is inconsistent and you're either scum or bad town that we shouldn't listen to. If say yes, you are scum. Neither is great for you.

Bronx-Man

Banned
There are some players I think are scum. Consequently, I push for them to be lynched. That's not 'hiding'. That's normal town play, that literally every vaguely competent town player will be doing. You were tied with me at several points during D1. Were you 'hiding' by trying to push my lynch? If you say no, your argument is inconsistent and you're either scum or bad town that we shouldn't listen to. If say yes, you are scum. Neither is great for you.
Who do you want lynched? Swamped or Faddy?

Faddy

Banned

Vote analysis from day 1.

Ask yourself why Crab survived? He had a comfortable 6-3 lead, why did that lead evaporate?

I posted earlier but 5 people were responsible

Me - I know I'm town and I hope others are reading me as town
Natiko - flipped to squidy with me, flipped town
CCS - moved off Crab to Swamped with no reason and no previous scum read of Swamped
Stan and Kawl- quick votes on squidy after me and Natiko moved which locked up the lynch on squidy.

To me CCS is the most suspicious in that group of 3. CCS has failed to reasonably justify why he changed target, along with his very skittish play in this day phase it makes him, along with Crab, a very strong scum read to me

Bronx-Man

Banned
Vote analysis from day 1.

Ask yourself why Crab survived? He had a comfortable 6-3 lead, why did that lead evaporate?

I posted earlier but 5 people were responsible

Me - I know I'm town and I hope others are reading me as town
Natiko - flipped to squidy with me, flipped town
CCS - moved off Crab to Swamped with no reason and no previous scum read of Swamped
Stan and Kawl- quick votes on squidy after me and Natiko moved which locked up the lynch on squidy.

To me CCS is the most suspicious in that group of 3. CCS has failed to reasonably justify why he changed target, along with his very skittish play in this day phase it makes him, along with Crab, a very strong scum read to me
Hmmmmmmmmm.

I still feel like Crab has to be the one to go. If he flips scum, you guys need to lock onto CCS all D3.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you want lynched? Swamped or Faddy?

Probably both, but I'm getting conflicting reads on Swamped, so for the time being I am prioritizing Faddy. I would also accept a wagon on Verelios or you if those became leading alternatives.

Kyanrute

Vote: Kyanrute

What are you doing boy? I'll need some time to catch up. Do you have a handy summary of what happened so far?

a traditional shitpost greeting, thought you would appreciate it

I suggest you read day one, I hear no summary can do it justice.

Current situation is that after lynching squid (Ordinary Town) D1 Natiko (Ordinary Town) died on N1. Stan claimed on day start that he was poisoned and implied he would be dead tomorrow. Upon seeing this Bronx claimed a multi-shot Poison Doctor with some kind of a unblockable modifier to himself. CCS just claimed Ordinary. The heat is currently on Crab/Swamped/CCS. Crab v Swamped is continuing from d1 and CCS is getting some fresh fire under him right now. Other minor cases exist as well.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
2. I flip town
3. ???
4. Repeat

whyyyy

whyyyyyyyyy

what good does claiming vanilla town do? why can we never seem to get people to stop doing this despite how often everyone points out how dumb claims under almost no pressure are? this is the single worst thing about GAFia, by far.

Anyone else feel like Kawl, Burb, and Splinter are a bit under the radar? They're posting to varying degrees but haven't stood out like they usually do.

First whiff of pressure and CCS buckles with an unnecessary claim.

And Verelios is still going after me for ignoring his D1 prod vote. That's a long memory you've got there.

Crab has backed off on his scum-read of me, but I'm curious what he thinks of this new train

I could have sworn LP voted for me this day phase...can't seem to find that post any more! lol.

Ah found it. Post 1620 followed 1624. Post 1620 looks helpful on the surface but it's really just enumerating the votes that were made, with no substantial reads or takeaways from it. I'm wondering why he didn't just vote for me in the same post though. This is a very nitpicky point, I know, but I could see a scum player doing that. If your analysis leads you to scum-read someone, why wait 10 minutes to vote? It's a small point but seems suspect to me. Kind of like he was discussing with team mates who the best, least controversial candidate to vote for would be?

This is his explanation after a question from Faddy. It's terribly unconvincing. I'm not sure how the conclusion was reached based on his post 1620. Why is Crab not a scum read in that case?

I would definitely be willing to switch my vote to LP. As scum he is generally very low activity. I could see him being scum here.

I wanted to submit a post in case I lost everything (going back and forth between multiple tabs and multi-tasking can do that). No scum chat to save my work before copy-pasting it over.

I never said I didn't scum read Crab, but he's less scummy than you right now.

Top Bottom