• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Swamped

Banned
Fran (and a bit of Faddy, CCS and others)

Fran has been after Faddy since D1. To me this reads like a Townie in the depths of a strong tunnel (something I get guilty of myself). I'm town reading both of them for now. Fran is also suspicious of CCS, and Faddy has been on CCS's case since the start of D2. So actually their reads agree there. Although Fran wants to lynch CCS for the role claim. Sorian is suspicious of both of them (post 1890)

Speaking of which, I am extremely suspicious of CCS's role-claim. I had forgotten that he had done that. It came at a weird time, when there was 1 vote on him. This screams scum jitters to me. If there was a single vote on me, I'd just ignore it lol.

The weird thing is Fran's freak out at Crab having all of 5 votes near the beginning on D2. It was very unlikely those votes would stay there since it was only the beginning of the day, and that other people would put more votes on (that just draws suspicion). So this was a weird reaction, and will understand more with Crab's flip.

I agree with his point in post 1584.

He's also suspicious of Nin, which is helpful, as Nin has been a blindspot for me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why do about 80% of scum reads atm involve alleged defenses of me? I've not even flipped yet and we have people constructing entire scum teams based on someone maybe saying something positive about me once. If you think I'm scum, then have at me. Don't waste time speculating about who would be scum if I was scum when you can't even nail me down.

That kind of whatifery is how scum hide. Their hypotheticals never come to pass and so there's no concrete material pinning them down.

This is especially applicable to Swamped and Faddy. Don't feed everyone bullshit about who would be scum in some world we are not currently living in and may never live in. Who is scum now? Or, who are your top five suspects independent of one another?

acohrs

a reads list

oNKLBehxbnoqY.gif

CCS

Banned
If someone posted a reads list right now, at this very moment, it would gain a whole lotta Townie points for said poster

I suggest Jerusalem: A Biography by Simon Sebag Montefiore.

If fiction is more your thing, the Fionavar Tapestry is really slept on as epic fantasy trilogies go.

Faddy

Banned
Why do about 80% of scum reads atm involve alleged defenses of me? I've not even flipped yet and we have people constructing entire scum teams based on someone maybe saying something positive about me once. If you think I'm scum, then have at me. Don't waste time speculating about who would be scum if I was scum when you can't even nail me down.

That kind of whatifery is how scum hide. Their hypotheticals never come to pass and so there's no concrete material pinning them down.

This is especially applicable to Swamped and Faddy. Don't feed everyone bullshit about who would be scum in some world we are not currently living in and may never live in. Who is scum now? Or, who are your top five suspects independent of one another?

Why wouldn't I think about how one scum read links to suspicions of another player?

Swamped

Banned

This is dumb Crab. People flip, and then you re-evaluate your reads on other players. That's how this game works.

Currently reading through Verelios, will post when done.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why wouldn't I think about how one scum read links to suspicions of another player?

There are 21 players in the game. Probably about 5 scum. Even if you are 10% better than random (the mark of a very good player), your chance of guessing any given person is scum correctly is about 0.26. Now suppose you are guessing a second scum player on the basis that you were right about the first scum player. The chance you are right is now about 0.06. That's low - lower than your original odds of trying to pick out scum independently. Why? Because before you even begin any reasoning, it's more than probable your foundational assumption is wrong.

Constructing scum teams early instead of looking at individual players is the mark of a bad player or scum.

CCS

Banned
ZThQqlxY5BXMc.gif

genius

Hahaha if only Labradors were that smart. One of the funniest parts of having lots of puppies when I was younger was when they were neutered and they then spent the next two weeks bouncing off door frames because they couldn't work out how to walk through doors without getting the cones around their heads stuck :p

Faddy

Banned
The evolution of CCS on Crab. I pretty much forced his vote by pushing him on his unexplained change of vote at the end of day 1.

Meh, not really, and while I do have a couple of other scum reads neither of them are stronger.

VOTE: Crab

Amusing fact, I say that so often that my phone now automatically suggests "Crab" when I type "Vote:" :p

Like, I would have changed my vote back, but I genuinely lost track of time.

talking about his Day 1 vote and presumably would have switched back to Crab, idk why

Greater love hath no man, than he who lays down his life for his friends.

Crab, j'accuse!
top of his scum list

I'm convinced there is a scum in Crab/Swamped, but I'm not sure I believe it's w/w. Currently leaning more towards Crab, but I'm not certain.

Convinced it is Crab or Swamped, leaning Crab

Also, you know what, I'm off the Crab train. I buy Swamped as scum more than him right now. Sticking by my WAMD and Stan reads though.

The switch to Swamped then to Vere

Crab - Frustrated with me, would expect that either way so I don't know if it means anything. Still scum, but only slight read, also moving back towards null.

Now slight scum

I felt Swamped and Crab were scummy on D1, based off a fairly low number of posts. With their additional posts today, I'm less convinced of my scum reads.

Now Crab is null

Faddy

Banned
There are 21 players in the game. Probably about 5 scum. Even if you are 10% better than random (the mark of a very good player), your chance of guessing any given person is scum correctly is about 0.26. Now suppose you are guessing a second scum player on the basis that you were right about the first scum player. The chance you are right is now about 0.06. That's low - lower than your original odds of trying to pick out scum independently. Why? Because before you even begin any reasoning, it's more than probable your foundational assumption is wrong.

Constructing scum teams early instead of looking at individual players is the mark of a bad player or scum.

So if we are better just guessing randomly why even discuss things at all?

It is like my votes are determined by how I think the discussion, voting, tone has went. You know making reads and playing the game.

CCS

Banned
The evolution of CCS on Crab. I pretty much forced his vote by pushing him on his unexplained change of vote at the end of day 1.

talking about his Day 1 vote and presumably would have switched back to Crab, idk why

top of his scum list

Convinced it is Crab or Swamped, leaning Crab

The switch to Swamped then to Vere

Now slight scum

Now Crab is null

Assuming your town, you're gonna be so pissed when I flip town. Seriously, for the sake of your sanity, look somewhere else.

Kyanrute

On Crab vs. Swamped, I'd be voting for the latter. Both cases originate from day one feels and I feel that Crab has the edge there. In addition, all that follows from Swamped regarding her case against Crab does nothing to convince me of her view being correct. She mentions Crab a fair bit in her more recent read posts - I get a hint of scum desperation out of these, like she is trying her hardest to connect everything to Crab in order to make his lynch look more yummy.

CCS

Banned
Thanks for your concern CCS.

You're welcome.

I'm kinda interested by the number of people who over the last 24 hours threw out comments along the signs of Burb's silence being a bit scummy but didn't say anything else about him. Feels like a very easy comment to throw out by people who want to be seen to be contributing.

CCS makes no sense. His reads are flimsy and inconsistent and feel fabricated.

He's still my top lynch pick of the day. I feel more certain about Swamped now, but in the grand scheme of Crab vs Swamped, if I absolutely HAD to choose, I'd still probably believe Crab.

Verelios is also rising on my list. He's done a very good job of hiding and saying nothing through his posts, well enough that it was only recent talk of him that made me pay closer attention.

Where is nin? This isn't like him. I want to hear more of his reads.

CCS

Banned
CCS makes no sense. His reads are flimsy and inconsistent and feel fabricated.

He's still my top lynch pick of the day. I feel more certain about Swamped now, but in the grand scheme of Crab vs Swamped, if I absolutely HAD to choose, I'd still probably believe Crab.

Verelios is also rising on my list. He's done a very good job of hiding and saying nothing through his posts, well enough that it was only recent talk of him that made me pay closer attention.

Where is nin? This isn't like him. I want to hear more of his reads.

You're too kind :)

Vere is scummy though, I agree. Been saying it for a while.

CCS

Banned
you gorgeously lush boy, if I had to make a sofa out of a person, I'd choose you 9 times out of 10

Ooh you're making me blush, I'll have to hide my face :p

Also, to go back to something earlier, can Bronx cure Stan now? Or do you have to wait until night?

Swamped

Banned
The interactions between Dragonz and Crab are also setting of alarm bells for me. I asked Crab a question about Dragonz and he ignored it. The question was: During D1 you town-read Faddy and said nobody in their right mind would vote for him as scum (you have since updated your read on Faddy). Dragonz had her vote on him at the end of D1, and it was very unlikely that he would be lynched. So why weren't you more suspicious of her?

It seems to me that you have been giving Dragonz a free pass this game, and I'm not sure why. If you think calling other players protecting other players they scumread is a scumtell, why isn't this post from Dragonz ringing any alarm bells for you?

I questioned Dragonz about her reads of CCS and achors (because she had initially said they followed Crab's reads). But there were inconsistencies there (read page 37) that's triggering me.

I really don't think CCS and Dragonz are on the same scum team. Dragonz votes for CCS (feels more confident about him than Bronx). CCS claims right after for some reason, and points out that while Dragonz was around for the claim she didn't remark on it. CCS then votes for Dragonz, saying that 'reinforced his scum read' of her. I really don't know what to think of CCS, but I'm still leaning scum on Dragonz.

Also, this is off topic, but I just noticed that almost everyone I scumread scumreads me back. And it's almost always after I first scumread them. It's just funny lol.

CCS

Banned
I still stand by my scum reads of WAMD, Sorian and Vere. Wavering back and forth on Crab like the reed in a particularly windy oboe.

That's not how townie points work.

Crabcake, bubbly, perception is reality; a reads list by the 50ppp top is "prime real estate", get me?

You put it where it's seen and you'll be seen as how you put it, you catch that Crabapple

gross Townie points

gross

Swamped

Banned
Swamped, what is your opinion on Splinter? I have my own thoughts about him but I'd like to get a second opinion.

I town-read him. His posts feel like he's genuinely curious about people's alignments. I think he's usually more aggressive as scum. Then again, he hasn't been under any fire so there may not be a need for him to be aggressive. But I'm leaning optimistically town on him.

I suggest Jerusalem: A Biography by Simon Sebag Montefiore.

If fiction is more your thing, the Fionavar Tapestry is really slept on as epic fantasy trilogies go.

TY. It's been a while since I've read a good yarn, hopefully your suggestions are strong enough to Role-fish with

Swamped

Banned
Anyway, it looks like between Crab and me I'll definitely lose. I can't help but think this is a popularity contest because I honestly don't know what I've done that makes people think I'm scummier than Crab. It's disappointing because I honestly think Crab is scum and I have put a lot of work into showing why. Additionally, he has not done anything to convince me he is town.

I should be around right at 5pm (the deadline) but I can't post much between now and then. I'll be around for some 10 minutes though.

I'm RobotNinjaHornets, the Incontinent. I usually wear an adult diaper, but occasionally I like to go to an actual toilet because the seats are warm and there's a shelf of comics in the cubicle (I want to believe there are Archie comics in there). I can't be targeted when I'm on the toilet. Essentially I am an x-shot commuter. I used my first shot on N1.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still waiting on Kawl's thoughts on Sorian.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
why the hell is everyone claiming ????
We already said it multiple times.
ITS A BAD FUCKING IDEA

You really aren't following this game. Swamped's reason for claiming is perfectly adequate; probably the first reasonable claim so far.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If I shift my vote, who would be willing to start a wagon on Verelios? Alternatively, if I keep my vote, who would entertain shifting to Faddy?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, let's just test that in action.

VOTE: Verelios

acohrs

Anyway, it looks like between Crab and me I'll definitely lose. I can't help but think this is a popularity contest because I honestly don't know what I've done that makes people think I'm scummier than Crab. It's disappointing because I honestly think Crab is scum and I have put a lot of work into showing why. Additionally, he has not done anything to convince me he is town.

I should be around right at 5pm (the deadline) but I can't post much between now and then. I'll be around for some 10 minutes though.

I'm RobotNinjaHornets, the Incontinent. I usually wear an adult diaper, but occasionally I like to go to an actual toilet because the seats are warm and there's a shelf of comics in the cubicle (I want to believe there are Archie comics in there). I can't be targeted when I'm on the toilet. Essentially I am an x-shot commuter. I used my first shot on N1.

Well played Ouro, well played

Kyanrute

I don't get bad feels from fran.

Faddy I am not sure about. Am entertaining the silly possibility that he is the poisoner, thanks to the fact that he was so eager to defend Bronx and he also did some speculation about how the poisoner works. Not very convinced about that, just a thought I had. Scum though, I don't really feel it. I guess he is tunneling a bit on CCS but his reasoning is well founded so that ain't much of a issue really. I don't see Faddy in my top three right now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get bad feels from fran.

Faddy I am not sure about. Am entertaining the silly possibility that he is the poisoner, thanks to the fact that he was so eager to defend Bronx and he also did some speculation about how the poisoner works. Not very convinced about that, just a thought I had. Scum though, I don't really feel it. I guess he is tunneling a bit on CCS but his reasoning is well founded so that ain't much of a issue really. I don't see Faddy in my top three right now.

And Verelios? That was the other part of the question.

Kyanrute

why the hell is everyone claiming ????
We already said it multiple times.
ITS A BAD FUCKING IDEA

+10 participation points have been awarded to nin. Crab already mentioned this but the context is completely different here. Waiting to hear from you what was your personal situation when you made this post, what did you read, what did you think etc., because the look of the post is not good.

Burbeting

Banned
Swamped's claim is reasonable, but commuter is also most likely the easiest role claim for scum to claim. There has been a scum claiming a commuter in Gafia 2, but on the other hand this train of thought lead me on tunneling in WWE.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Swamped's claim is reasonable, but commuter is also most likely the easiest role claim for scum to claim. There has been a scum claiming a commuter in Gafia 2, but on the other hand this train of thought lead me on tunneling in WWE.

Yeah, this is my worry. On the one hand, I buy at first glance Swamped's claim. It has that air of authenticity to it that can be quite hard to fabricate. On the other hand, claiming a commuter is great for scum - cops don't bother checking you because it might be wasted on a commuted night. Like everything about Swamped, I struggle to find good purchase. I wouldn't be upset with her lynch, but I definitely have higher priorities right now.

Burbeting

Banned
Reading back pages: Why did you claim ordinary, CCS?

There is literally no benefit from town to claim ordinary. If you are town, you are simply telling scum "don't night kill me, you won't get a power role flip out from me!", which would help scum to get their list of potential PR's tinier.

Top Bottom