• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

cabot

Regarding squidy, I guess I'm still in the same mentality I was yesterday where I think this is all a play and I'm waiting for the big reveal post with lots of amazing conclusions and evidence.

I'd lynch him if this doesn't happen and my targets don't pan out, though i don't read him as strong scum over Dusk/exo

cabot

Looks like Squidyj, Oreo, and polter.

I've already made my case for squidy, but this is further evidence of scumminess imo.

What does everyone think of Oreomunsta though? I'm kinda neutral at this point and won't have time to go through their posts for a while.

Polter is already being discussed.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:
squidyj (1)
Swamped 1152

Poltergust (0):
hey_monkey 1043 1252

oreomunsta (0):

Did you pull these names out of a hat or something, Palmer?

Kyanrute

Would like to see more from rac. Felt he was rather inoffensive and on the background during d1 and nothing so far has really changed this view of mine.

cabot

I do see Kyan's change of pace from D1 as slightly suspicious, though I guess it seems like this read is slightly hard to take at face value considering whats been discussed with Dusk and Exo.

Kyanrute

i fucking knew it

fuck shitposters take the game seriously or DIE

oh look at it he changed

scumscumsucmcsucmsucmuscuscmuscmuscnmsc

argh

cabot

i fucking knew it

fuck shitposters take the game seriously or DIE

oh look at it he changed

scumscumsucmcsucmsucmuscuscmuscmuscnmsc

argh

Yes, changes in stance over day phases, especially reactionary ones are scummy.

No, I was not one of the 'fuck Kyan' brigade of early D2.

You've chosen the safe option of appeasing to loud complainers, one has got to ask why.

Kyanrute

Yes, changes in stance over day phases, especially reactionary ones are scummy.

No, I was not one of the 'fuck Kyan' brigade of early D2.

You've chosen the safe option of appeasing to loud complainers, one has got to ask why.

The why is obvious. No matter what my alignment, I wish to live. Dying does not advance my wincon.

My apologies as I am still drawing my new themed avatar to win your hearts and minds with it

Prepare for the advantages of forum-based soft power

Palmer_v1

Palmer, if you are still suspicious of Squidy can I suggest you vote for him with me? He has quickly become my top scum read. He blatantly ignored my question twice, maybe because his answer might implicate him (he brought up a scum connection between Polter and Haly near the end of D1 and I wanted him to elaborate on his thought process). His reason for pushing ultron also seems very artificial. And in general, I haven't seen many 'actual' scum hunting posts from him. One of the few was his recent vote for Stan, it's good to prod I suppose. But he hasn't addressed a majority of the players, which I find very suspicious. I really want to see his flip.

Ok, I'm starting to cool off on Monkey. This vote, along with Dragonz's own vote on Monkey screams town vs town to me. I was in this exact same position in gafia 3, me vs Crab and me vs Sorian there. I think scum, especially newbie scum, would probably not vote for the person who is on their back.

...and watch as FEP comes in and berates all of us XD

Speaking of Kyan, I actually don't like these response posts to Monkey:

People are allowed to have more than one scum read, even if they are not directly voting for them. These responses feel like reaches. I get the feeling Kyan is trying to piggy back on Palmer and Dragonz's suspicion of Monkey. So atm, not feeling too hot on Kyan.

I see Dusk also has some suspicion. Currently leaning town on him but I'll give him a re-read. I like his questioning of Cabot at least, feels like something an anime townie would do. But I do get the suspicions on him from his D1 interactions which I want to look over.

I'm down with squidyj vote, but we're going to get a lot of pushback from scum buddies onto Kyan and Ultron in the meantime.

Vote: Squidyj

More and more, I think we had two scum get replaced, which fucks up the tempo of everything, cause any changes can be blamed on the old player. Bowlie is just going to get away with that D1 shit.

OK, I'm with ya.

Opinion on Dusk/Exo vs me?

Your reads are pretty shit right now.

Kyanrute

Don't really get that much out of oreo either. There was that bit on d1 where he was 1st concerned about no lynchers, the filthy bunch, but then did a 180 on the issue. Came back to it in a separate post, explaining that scummies wouldn't put their bets down early. While that ain't true always, the stance makes sense. The transition feels bit iffy though since its development feels somewhat sudden to me.

Palmer_v1

01. [m] oreomunsta - Not sure
03. [it] hatmoza - Maybe scum
04. [f] hey_monkey - Scum
05. [m] rac - Maybe scum
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - Not sure
07. [m] Poltergust - Maybe scum
08. [m] Bowlie --> [m] flatearthpandas - Scum
11. [m] ultron87 - Probably Town
12. [m] cabot - Probably town
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - znot sure
15. [m] Cewyn - Not sure
16. [m] BlackBuzzard - Not sure
17. [m] Haly - EST ---> Blargonaut [m] - Maybe scum
18. [m] squidyj - Maybe Scum
19. [m] TheExodu5 - Not sure
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - Maybe scum
21. [f] Swamped - Probably town
22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Maybe scum
23. [m] Kyanrute - Not sure

Bad news is that by my count, we have 9 scum. GG

ultron87

Those were the 3 who still had votes on Ultron at day end, despite his claim.

I claimed with less than two minutes left. I was standing in the produce section of the store with that claim post typed up on an extra browser tab on my phone and should've dropped it sooner. I didn't realize just how close to the deadline it was. I don't know how much you can really read into people changing/not changing with that small an amount of time. If they didn't make a snap decision after reading and jump directly to the post button it would've been too late.

That said, Squidy trying so incredibly hard to paint some of my super benign actions as the scummiest thing ever has him as super suspicious to me though. Feels like he's just going after me as an easy target and is assuming that additional popular support will come to back him up. The big ones being saying that yesterday was scum saving me when the vote numbers were tiny, and this post.

Vote: squidyj

pHiVB6O.jpg

Saturn was invented by giant bees for the hexagon is their SOS to us

Palmer_v1

I claimed with less than two minutes left. I was standing in the produce section of the store with that claim post typed up on an extra browser tab on my phone and should've dropped it sooner. I didn't realize just how close to the deadline it was. I don't know how much you can really read into people changing/not changing with that small an amount of time. If they didn't make a snap decision after reading and jump directly to the post button it would've been too late.

That said, Squidy trying so incredibly hard to paint some of my super benign actions as the scummiest thing ever has him as super suspicious to me though. Feels like he's just going after me as an easy target and is assuming that additional popular support will come to back him up. The big ones being saying that yesterday was scum saving me when the vote numbers were tiny, and this post.

Vote: squidyj

Ah, I didn't look at the time youc laimed. I wasn't around at all and just read it the next day. I'll drop that aspect.

Polter, for someone who has played the game previously, you do use the newbie frames around your questions bit too much in my opinion.

I thought I already explained this. This is the first time I've played it online. Also, I've only played the game like 2-3 times ever and the last time I played was over 2 years ago.

I understand the basic structure of the game, but there were some details that I'm not sure of.

Where is this line of inquiry coming from, anyways? Is this about me asking how common it is for people to drop out of a game? This doesn't happen when playing the game in-person, so I was curious.

Palmer_v1

I thought I already explained this. This is the first time I've played it online. Also, I've only played the game like 2-3 times ever and the last time I played was over 2 years ago.

I understand the basic structure of the game, but there were some details that I'm not sure of.

Where is this line of inquiry coming from, anyways? Is this about me asking how common it is for people to drop out of a game? This doesn't happen when playing the game in-person, so I was curious.

Ah, I thought you had played forum mafia before as well. This is obviously a little different from IRL mafia.

As for replacements, it's relatively normal, unfortunately. People have real life shit come up, or just buckle under pressure.

Hi Poltergust, I'm Blargonaut

If you have any questions regarding GAF's taste of Mafia, I'll be happy to help you with your Role, Power(s) and Alignment, just tell me

Hi Poltergust, I'm Blargonaut

If you have any questions regarding GAF's taste of Mafia, I'll be happy to help you with your Role, Power(s) and Alignment, just tell me

I know that this is sorta a troll post, but I revealed all of that back in Day 1. You have some catching up to do!

TheExodu5

Banned
Ugh...kyan and blarg in the same game. I don't know if I can handle this.

@cabot, I still don't understand your suspicion of me and your refusal to consider my case against kyan. It's a solid and likely hypothetical and you rather dismiss it and call me scum because...reasons?

Considering you skirted around my hypothetical and never responded to it gives me major scum vibes, especially when you're being particularly aggressive to anyone that scumreads kyan.

Kyanrute

The bells rang when I read this:

I don't really understand. What is the problem with asking questions about what others think of the current status of the game, and given the nature of the game, how can someone provide a definitive answer to anything?

...what to me was a fancy way of saying "why is fluff bad?" (since it was a critique of my critique about monkey), what in itself is a fluffy question. I remember that you were familiar with the live version, that's why these things keep bothering me.

TheExodu5

Banned
I do read kyan as scum, and I believe he implicates ultron through the vote. Truth be told, I am using his posting style to lynch him over ultron. I also think it's better to leave ultron for second in case I'm wrong, since we'd be lynching a power role.

I feel like this is how things went down:

- Ultron on the chopping block as the only real lynch candidate.
- Kyan jumps on one of the 1 votes...Zubz. That leads to Zubz eventually getting lynched.

At this point, I feel like sky, kyan, and ultron are immediate suspects.

- SkyOdin gets night killed.

I feel like this was a deliberate ploy to throw us off. We think that there's no way that scum would kill one of the 5 lynchers and narrow the list down for us, so we assume none of the lynchers were scum.

It seems like a fairly simple explanation for everything.

Brilliant, except that's not how it went down.

There were 4 in contention over the final real life day of D1.

Dragonz was the first lynch lead, then ultron and Zubz came in later. Stan was also in the running while Dragonz was leading. Kyan voted when it was ultron 3-2 Zubz. It was hardly a wagon he started out of nowhere.

There was no lead lynch candidate, it was a small group that eventually expanded towards day end.

No, Kyan voted at post 875 when it was Ultron 3 - Zubz 1. Everyone but Ultron was at 1.

ffs, I was going with Haly's vote tally around the time of it happening, which I now see contradicts yeeny's end of day final count.

Never do a game without a working vote tool.

While the order may be off in the way things developed, I disagree with the assessment that Ultron was the 'only real lynch candidate'

Sorry, I forgot, you did respond, admitted you were wrong, but still don't think Ultron was a lynch candidate with 2 hours to go and being ahead 3-1 in votes.

The fact is, Kyan is the one that turned it around. But then we have WMD, ultron, and Haly that jumped on the wagon.

So where do you think is the flaw in my reasoning?

Kyanrute

Exo, mind repeating your case against me for me? Or well, has it evolved in any way from the day start or is it still the same?

EPILOGUE

Because of Palmer_v1's sabotage, flatearthpandas never had the best frenemy that Blargonaut would've been during their school days. With no one to rely on for a constant challenge, FEP's grades plummeted and summer school became compulsory. Years later, he happened to sit down across from Blargonaut on the train to work. But they didn't recognize each other.

Palmer chuckled for a while, as dogs do. But just as that note was wolfed down, eventually the guilt ate him up, and he lived out the rest of his dog days as an unofficial Digimon.

I know that this is sorta a troll post, but I revealed all of that back in Day 1. You have some catching up to do!

But you're still alive, stop lying

Top Bottom