• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Alt-Right Thinks ‘Wolfenstein: The New Colossus' Is Racist to White People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Next year:
DooM II has been considered an offense to believ-

Wait, we've been already there. In fact, Wolfen is not stranger to polemic after the whole "Mecha Hitler" thing.
Does not make this less sillier though.

Less silly than Mecha Hitler.

You-Are-The-Best-gif.gif

Didn't mean to sound defensive. Just don't know why we want to give these people any more attention, especially when it doesn't look like there has been much of an outcry at all.

Take a look around Reddit and 4chan. I'm willing to bet there's a lot more now than the collection of screenshots that were taken this morning.

hamsjams

It's not racist to white people but it sure as hell is vehemently anti-nazi. I can see how the game might upset you if you are one.

As a white guy who is not a nazi I couldn't be more happy with what I've seen so far. I'm very much looking forward to obliterating each and every digital enemy with utmost prejudice because fuck nazis.

Alo0oy

Banned
Didn't mean to sound defensive. Just don't know why we want to give these people any more attention, especially when it doesn't look like there has been much of an outcry at all.

Have you spent an extended period of time reading Reddit and 4chan? This is their thing, it's not some obscure people hidden in the corners of the internet.

Individual game subreddits are fine if you're playing the right game, but r/games, r/gaming, and r/PCMR are a disaster.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I wish all these alt-righters and neo nazis had grandpas around to explain how horrible Nazi rule and ideology was. Or maybe if somebody just gave them a history book.

Coffinhal

I'm not sure how people can seriously say this after the 1933 German Election.

We definitely need to listen to far-right, hate, revisionnist speech.
Before you call it these little groups of neo-nazis aren't the Trump voters and they don't have the same speech

I just jumped over to the usual suspect on reddit. Saw two threads.

Title of one was "Apparently we are angry about wolfenstein 2", the other was just the article headline.

Both had people claiming that this is all made up and the author sought out a few comments in order to make a story. Make of that what you will but personally I didn't see anything to support this article.

A couple threads about how they don't like GAF but nothing related to this.

KingK

I used to just laugh off these stupid, racist, misogynistic internet trolls as not being serious or being a tiny but vocal minority. Then they played a large role in electing Donald Trump as president. I don't know what the solution is, but it seems to me that many young, white men are being radicalized into alt-right types online, very similar to the radicalization of young Muslim men into Islamist groups like ISIS.

Steel

Banned
KKK was mainly associated with the Democratic Party.

"Some people on the internet" creating a strawman argument.

Yes, sure, ignore the points in history where constituencies flipped. For someone who complains about strawmen, you really do like strawman arguments.

13ruce

Banned
This kind of news makes me more excited for Far Cry 5 (seems to feature crazy far alt rights). And seriously killing Nazi's in games is damn satisfying so wolfenstein 2 day one.

They have to be trolling. How could anyone have a problem with killing Nazis? If indiana Jones doesn't have a problem with it, then no one should.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The trophy for killing a thousand nazis in the game should be called "So Much for the Tolerant Left"

I'm curious, what's the difference between the alt-right movement and neo nazists?

I'm not American and don't know much about it (but already much more than I'd like to know).
"Alt-right" is what the news media calls Nazis because the news media is too politically correct to call them what they are.

Omadahl

Banned
If you don't want people shooting fictional bad guys, quit being a real one. Every KKK member and supporter should have a real target on their back.

Chjemah

Neo Member
Take a look around Reddit and 4chan. I'm willing to bet there's a lot more now than the collection of screenshots that were taken this morning.

You're right, I'm sure that stuff is all over the place by now. I was only being critical of his timing not the fact that the alt-right would be butt hurt by the game's narrative.

wuth

"Alt-right" is what the news media calls Nazis because the news media is too politically correct to call them what they are.

I always thought it came about as a term to describe the new, more authoritarian right-wing of american politics and only in recent history came to describe diet-nazism.

Lime

the biggest snowflakes in the world. "Fortunately" for these fragile fucks, they are born into a system that constantly advantage and protect them and give them free license to oppress and kill other human beings with impunity.

I always thought it came about as a term to describe the new, more authoritarian right-wing of american politics and only in recent history came to describe diet-nazism.
It's essentially interchangeable already since they've basically tried to meet each other on the political spectrum for their own survival sake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom