• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, lots of stuff to talk about today, I'm really looking forward to

oh

okay then.

cabot

CCS has been killed!

BREXIT! THIS IS BREXIT!

FREEDOM!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

ARR!

You are the EU Migrant.

You need to get the hell out of Dodge. You’ve contributed to this economy through taxes on your relatively high wage job, and now you’ve woken up and feel suddenly like the entire country hates you. You and your new friend you met while going on your food shop have made a pact. Find a way to survive this mess.

You and your partner are aligned with yourselves..

You voted REMAIN in the EU referendum

You are a JOAT. You have a 1-shot Role Cop and a 1-shot Tracker ability. You can only use one ability per night, and you can’t use an ability on the same Night as your partner.

The game thread is: HERE

The chat thread with your partner is in Brussels awaiting negotiations.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win if you or your partner survives until the end of the game.

DAY 5 BEGINS:
red_1497474000.png

cabot

DAY 5 BEGINS

"CHUCKLEFUCKS, YOU THINK THIS BREXIT IS THE THING THAT WILL SAVE YOU?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

David Dimbledy then replied,

"Please, Crab, you haven't had a question asked"

"Fuck off you little twonk cunt"

"Oh? Oh."

"You're banned now. AGAIN!"

"It's alright, I've got youth on my side"

He smugly grinned.

Crab then disintegrated into nothingness.

Crab has been killed!

BREXIT! THIS IS BREXIT!

FREEDOM!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

ARR!

You are Jeremy Corbyn.

Sorry, Jezza is so different from the establishment that he doesn’t get Role PM fluff.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You voted LEAVE in the EU referendum

You are a Doctor. Every Night, you can choose a target to protect with the command PROTECT: <target>. You can target yourself. You can’t target the same person consecutively.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

11 players remain.

DAY 5 ENDS:
ora_1497733200.png

6 votes for majority.

Flame_AC

Wow. I missed the last day in that whirlwind. Good job to all on the CCS lynch, very interesting that our doctor died regardless.

So we've prob got 2 more scum and then 1 more EU migrants.

Can we PLEASE stop turboing

I only went along with it to prevent CCS from revealing who the doctor is (and a fat lot of good that did us *sigh*).

Since he only used his power to identify Gorlak, he was either bluffing or his partner told him. Either way, it was a bad idea on his part to threaten town like that.

I guess the question for today is "Now what?".

Fireblend

Banned
So, I believe that mafia didn't know who the doctor was. They were just lucky enough that our cleared townie who also claimed to have something to say after the day was over as a silly way to complain about the turbo thus painting a target on his back was also the doctor.

Therefor, I believe they wouldn't have participated on the turbo, or at least would have been hesitant to do so, yesterday, since they would have liked to know the doctor's name.

The only issue I have with that line of thought is that everyone below my "unsure" reads yesterday either voted for Crab, or is dead. Backslashbunny hesitated, but I felt her posts were genuine at day's end yesterday, so I'm not sure what to think on that front.

So, I believe that mafia didn't know who the doctor was. They were just lucky enough that our cleared townie who also claimed to have something to say after the day was over as a silly way to complain about the turbo thus painting a target on his back was also the doctor.

Therefor, I believe they wouldn't have participated on the turbo, or at least would have been hesitant to do so, yesterday, since they would have liked to know the doctor's name.

The only issue I have with that line of thought is that everyone below my "unsure" reads yesterday either voted for Crab, or is dead. Backslashbunny hesitated, but I felt her posts were genuine at day's end yesterday, so I'm not sure what to think on that front.

You mean voted for CCS.

Ouro, after reading bunny's post it just occurred to me that you asking for their names is really strange. They are all nameless "hopeless MPs" and we knows this because Zippedpinhead's role PM matched exactly with what cabot posted in the beginning of the game.

Were you trying to scout for something there?

Fireblend

Banned
Wait was CCS able to alert Mafia to who our doctor after he was lynched?.

As I said scum most likely got lucky (or they have their own role cop which I don't expect). He was a townie cleared by kingkitty so was at no risk of being lynched, that's enough for mafia to have a good reason to target him.

Do we assume CCS's teammate also had the same powers as CCS? Their PM seemed to imply so but I don't know if that's just me misreading that.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ouro, after reading bunny's post it just occurred to me that you asking for their names is really strange. They are all nameless "hopeless MPs" and we knows this because Zippedpinhead's role PM matched exactly with what cabot posted in the beginning of the game.

Were you trying to scout for something there?
No, I'm just an idiot and forgot the Hopless MP thing.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm on mobile and en route to another city so I'll post more thoughts later, but after Crab's flip, Kawl was the first thing that popped into my mind as scum. I'll have to go back through his posts, but something is nagging me there.

Vote: Kawl_USC

Ourobolus

Banned
Also alternate theory on what happened last night:

Other neutral is an X-shot vig and killing the doc was a "fuck you" from CCS. What happened to the scum kill, whether blocked/protected/targeted Crab too, I dunno.

Also alternate theory on what happened last night:

Other neutral is an X-shot vig and killing the doc was a "fuck you" from CCS. What happened to the scum kill, whether blocked/protected/targeted Crab too, I dunno.

If the other one is a vigilante, why would they target town? The goal of the neutral survivor is to make the game end as quickly as possible. Killing town instead of scum will make the game last longer.

Fireblend

Banned
I think they have their own role cop only because of the three night kills so far, weren't two power roles?

That would require said role cop being super lucky and targeting 2 power roles on a row, but sure we shouldn't completely discount that. It's just that I think it'd be unlikely to have so many cops in one game :p

I dunno about Kawl. He could've been bussing Gorlak I suppose, but when he voted for Gorlak the vote was still very much in the air between him and Flame. I'm pretty sure scum had their hopes up about flame being lynched up til the end of D3.

I'm going to say Kalor and Splinter* seem more suspicious to me for that reason. They'd be more likely to give up knowing who town's doctor was (maybe while still hoping that CCS would drop by to give the name) in exchange for some town cred as part of the turbo than bus their teammate when a Flame lynch was still looking likely.

Fireblend

Banned
Vote: Kalor

For reasons explained above. If I had to rate top scum they would be:

Totes scum-tier: Kalor & Splinter
scum vibes-tier: Poltergust & BSB

Cause they don't know who scum is?

You said they killed Crab as revenge for lynching CCS, which means that this neutral person knew Crab was town.

If I were them and had knowledge of Crab's role, I'd kill literally anyone else (well, except for Flame_AC and maybe kingkitty).

Ourobolus

Banned
You said they killed Crab as revenge for lynching CCS, which means that this neutral person knew Crab was town.

If I were them and had knowledge of Crab's role, I'd kill literally anyone else (well, except for Flame_AC and maybe kingkitty).
The doc can stop kills, prolonging the game

Fireblend

Banned

A survivor can also win with scum. But yeah Ouro's theory makes too many assumptions, like that CCS partner would be able to NK to begin with or that they would target our doctor out of spite. That seems silly. In fact I don't think this is worth discussing.

Who's your top scum, Polter?

Ourobolus

Banned
A survivor can also win with scum. But yeah Ouro's theory makes too many assumptions, like that CCS partner would be able to NK to begin with or that they would target our doctor out of spite. That seems silly. In fact I don't think this is worth discussing.

Yes it is only a theory

Flame_AC

I'll hop on board the Kalor vote.

They were in my scum list along with zeemumu, I'll take a lynch of either of them today. Them or I'd be interested in a conversation about Kawl.

The doc can stop kills, prolonging the game

Stop kills on town. The doctor helping scum would do absolutely nothing unless they were protecting against a vigilante. There's no reason to intentionally target the doctor if the fastest way to end the game is to kill scum.

Fireblend

Banned
I'll hop on board the Kalor vote.

They were in my scum list along with zeemumu, I'll take a lynch of either of them today. Them or I'd be interested in a conversation about Kawl.

Mind elaborating on Zeemumu? I townread him yesterday because he voted for Gorlak so in a way for the same reason as I do Kawl, but he was less vocal about it (I think?) and I honestly haven't really gone through their posts or anything.

Ourobolus

Banned
Stop kills on town. The doctor helping scum would do absolutely nothing unless they were protecting against a vigilante. There's no reason to intentionally target the doctor if the fastest way to end the game is to kill scum.
I don't think you understand how probability works. Neutrals will mostly hit town because they don't know who scum is.

Kalor

That would require said role cop being super lucky and targeting 2 power roles on a row, but sure we shouldn't completely discount that. It's just that I think it'd be unlikely to have so many cops in one game :p

I dunno about Kawl. He could've been bussing Gorlak I suppose, but when he voted for Gorlak the vote was still very much in the air between him and Flame. I'm pretty sure scum had their hopes up about flame being lynched up til the end of D3.

I'm going to say Kalor and Splinter* seem more suspicious to me for that reason. They'd be more likely to give up knowing who town's doctor was (maybe while still hoping that CCS would drop by to give the name) in exchange for some town cred as part of the turbo than bus their teammate when a Flame lynch was still looking likely.

That's a reasonable argument. Although couldn't you argue the willing to not know the doctor point could apply for anyone that voted for CCS?

Fireblend

Banned
That's a reasonable argument. Although couldn't you argue the willing to not know the doctor point could apply for anyone that voted for CCS?

Yeah, but my point is that having voted for flame overrides that anyway. I could see mafia going either way yesterday, supporting the turbo or not. It did give them a way to make the day pass by free of any risk of being lynched.

I don't see them going either way on Flame vs. Gorlak. The vote was too close to call for me to think there was no scum on the Flame vote. I'm willing to bet both scum left (if there's 2 left) might have been on it.

*Splinter

Rereading that Thunderdome makes my head hurt.

I want reads from Kawl and Milk. Feel like Milk especially has contributed very little since all those D1 gambits.

I don't think I can rank everyone just yet, but my top 3 are Kawl_USC, zeemumu, and (to a lesser extent) Spoiled Milk.

Mind elaborating on Zeemumu? I townread him yesterday because he voted for Gorlak so in a way for the same reason as I do Kawl, but he was less vocal about it (I think?) and I honestly haven't really gone through their posts or anything.

See, here's the thing: I find the people who voted for Gorlak to be more likely to be scum than the people who didn't. This is where our opinions differ, but it makes sense to me that scum would choose an easy bus on Gorlak to make themselves seem more trustworthy (this is also why I'm wary of you, by the way).

You even brought up this interesting dichotomy in which the people who voted for Flame_AC also, overwhelmingly, voted for the turbo of CCS before he could possibly reveal who the doctor was. Would scum really want to turbo CCS before learning about that? It is possible that they already knew who that was, but the chances of that happening are pretty small.

So the only two people who voted for Gorlak and did not vote for CCS are zeemumu and Kawl_USC. Spoiled Milk did not vote for Gorlak either, but his vote on Flame_AC makes him out to be less suspicious to me.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't think I can rank everyone just yet, but my top 3 are Kawl_USC, zeemumu, and (to a lesser extent) Spoiled Milk.

See, here's the thing: I find the people who voted for Gorlak to be more likely to be scum than the people who didn't. This is where our opinions differ, but it makes sense to me that scum would choose an easy bus on Gorlak to make themselves seem more trustworthy (this is also why I'm wary of you, by the way).

You even brought up this interesting dichotomy in which the people who voted for Flame_AC also, overwhelmingly, voted for the turbo of CCS before he could possibly reveal who the doctor was. Would scum really want to turbo CCS before learning about that? It is possible that they already knew who that was, but the chances of that happening are pretty small.

So the only two people who voted for Gorlak and did not vote for CCS are zeemumu and Kawl_USC. Spoiled Milk did not vote for Gorlak either, but his vote on Flame_AC makes him out to be less suspicious to me.

So you think scum is more likely to bus Gorlak than CCS?

That would point to a way more greedy, "gambit-ish" playstyle from our scum team. One that would be willing to put themselves at risk by bussing and effectively lynching their own team member at a time when Flame could have been lynched instead, and expose themselves by not joining in the CCS turbo the day after.

I don't buy that.

So you think scum is more likely to bus Gorlak than CCS?

That would point to a way more greedy, "gambit-ish" playstyle from our scum team. One that would be willing to put themselves at risk by bussing and effectively lynching their own team member at a time when Flame could have been lynched instead, and expose themselves by not joining in the CCS turbo the day after.

I don't buy that.

It's still a possibility to consider, and the idea of scum bussing Gorlak is also shared by a few people here.

You just reminded me of something, though. Based on how the vote went for the Thunderdome, I actually think it's very unlikely for the scum vote to be split between both candidates. Think about it: the vote could have easily gone either way and they both were even one away from a turbo for a good while there. I think scum had a plan with the vote and wanted to stick to it. Whether that plan was to lynch Flame_AC or bus Gorlak is still up in the air, but I find it hard to believe that they split themselves up based on the voting results.

This is why Zippedpinhead's switch made me want to question him yesterday, but so much for that.

The voting tally supports my argument. The only ones who switched votes were CCS and Zippedpinhead, neither of which are scum. Ourobolus simply unvoted (which is suspicious in of itself, admittedly).

Fireblend

Banned
That is true. Ouro unvoted, that is curious.

Specially given that he kept complaining about the turbo yesterday and still didn't unvote.

Hmmmm.

Top Bottom