• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Kawl_USC

I'm having a hard time believing that there are four scum total. Maybe in a game with one neutral, but not with two. Like, that would be Hard Mode for town if that was the case lol.

Then again, this is a game with three cops in it, so I guess an irregular distribution is not off the table.
A one shot red check town cop, a one shot role pm stealer neutral, and a scum vanilla cop. I like dragging cabots name through the mud as much as the next chap but it's less farcical when put into context.

Kawl_USC

That's fair. It's good to keep the assumptions you are making in mind so you can reassess every so often and make sure you aren't blundering the game because of them.

I think looking for just a single scum versus a pair of scum does differ pretty significantly though, as obviously a team of one can't collude and scheme.

Confused at the refusal of the neutral to come forward. Definitely poor play.

Theoretically I want the neutral to come out because it's better for everyone but (and this is meta) I really don't like that all they have to do is claim they're survivor and they get to skate through to the end of the game! Their partner is dead so the role's been verified and no one would in their right mind pose as the other neutral. Seems a little bit broken, Cabot :pPP

------------------------

I remember thinking Poltergust is scummy but I don't know if I have any reasons for this or it's just been incepted over the whole game. Can we at least review?

Theoretically I want the neutral to come out because it's better for everyone but (and this is meta) I really don't like that all they have to do is claim they're survivor and they get to skate through to the end of the game! Their partner is dead so the role's been verified and no one would in their right mind pose as the other neutral. Seems a little bit broken, Cabot :pPP

No, I don't think it's necessarily the case that they're guaranteed to make it to the end. Sure, we won't be lynching them, but the threat of a night kill does exist. Even if someone's a neutral, they are still a known factor that makes us less likely to mislynch, so I can see scum prioritizing killing the neutral over someone like, say, Fireblend, whose alignment and role we still don't know about.

The more unknowns that remain in the game, the more likely scum can survive.

Vote: Poltergust

Scum wins when town is dead. Neutral reveal lets scum avoid needless night-kill.

No, scum wins when they reach 50% of the total vote, as shown by Gorlak's and Kalor's PMs. That includes themselves, townspeople, and neutrals.

So night killing a neutral will still bring them towards that goal.

Kawl_USC

That's only L-1 if I'm not mistaken. Believe it or not it's actually okay to put people one off hammer. In fact other strong mafia communities typically hammer to end the day and hardly ever have a plurality lynch. We could look to learn.

Spoiled doesn't need to unvote but anyone planning on hammer should declare intent to do so and let it sit for a while for any final thoughts from everyone.

Flame_AC

I mean, I'll be voting for Poltergust. So I can hammer whenever.

I feel like someone will be night killed off of the Gorlak voters once again. Maybe I'll finally bite the bullet after so long surviving.

Fireblend

Banned
I pretty much shared my thoughts on everyone at the start of this phase and don't see my thoughts changing much before the end of the day.

I still think Polter, Zee and Splinter are the likeliest to be scum. I think Ouro is good enough that he could be scum despite me mostly agreeing with him on most things and I really don't think I can read him someone please do it for me.

Spoiled, BSB, Kawl and Flame I relatively trust to be town, but surely there are scenarios where they bussed their teammates to get that read (with various degrees of success). If I had to rate them it'd be the same order I listed them from scummiest to not.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I've been pretty transparent with my reads this whole game and this phase so I don't see a point to delaying my reads. I do think it's a good idea for everyone to share them if they haven't already.

Ourobolus

Banned
There is no universe in which I claim Miller as scum where:

1) I (presumedly) don't know my teammates' roles before D1
2) Gorlak's shitty role exists

zeemumu

Vote: Spoiled Milk

No, scum wins when they reach 50% of the total vote, as shown by Gorlak's and Kalor's PMs. That includes themselves, townspeople, and neutrals.

So night killing a neutral will still bring them towards that goal.

Even if claiming neutral paints you as just as much of a target as town because the scum could still benefit from your death, it saves your from a mislynch so long as no one counterclaims, which they won't because that's insane and would cause them to die on the next round once your role was flipped.

Flame_AC

I mean if he's scum he's just gonna claim something

Sure, and they'll probably still die. But perhaps, if they're town, they have a PR and can share like some watching/tracking results before dying. If town then Poltergust will still win if/when we win and has literally no reason not to say something. If scum and they say a bunch of fake stuff, then they're going to die regardless so what possible harm is there?

Fireblend

Banned
If Polter was town and had anything of use to us I imagine he would have already told us. Still, I say let him have his last words.

Eh, might as well now.

Yeah, there's nothing new I can tell you guys. I'm just a vanilla townie.

Hopefully I can get a PR next time around. It's far more interesting than doing nothing during the night phase, at least.

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Poltergust (4)
Ourobolus 1583
Fireblend 1584
backslashbunny 1682
Spoiled Milk 1723

Spoiled Milk (1)
zeemumu 1732

No active vote for Day 6: *Splinter, Flame_AC, Kawl_USC, Poltergust

Day 6 Postcount: *Splinter 7, backslashbunny 14, Fireblend 34, Flame_AC 21, Kawl_USC 7, Ourobolus 28, Poltergust 15, Spoiled Milk 7, zeemumu 25

Day 6 ends:
ora_1498251600.png

Automated vote tally here

5 votes for majority

cabot

Poltergust has been killed!

BREXIT! THIS IS BREXIT!

FREEDOM!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

ARR!

You are The Hopeless MP.

You’re going to be shitting yourself a lot. If your constituency doesn’t already hate you, they will when the stink sinks in after Brexit. Woops.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You voted LEAVE in the EU referendum

You are an Ordinary Villager. You can vote, because that’s what matters.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

NOTE: Phase lengths have been reduced. Days will be 48 hours and Nights will be 24 hours (mostly)

DAY 7 BEGINS:
bla_1498251600.png

cabot

DAY 7 BEGINS

Apologies for the delay...

backslashbunny has been killed!

BREXIT! THIS IS BREXIT!

FREEDOM!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

ARR!

You are The Hopeless MP.

You're going to be shitting yourself a lot. If your constituency doesn't already hate you, they will when the stink sinks in after Brexit. Woops.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You voted LEAVE in the EU referendum

You are an Ordinary Villager. You can vote, because that's what matters.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

7 players remain

DAY 7 ENDS:
pur_1498424400.png

4 votes for majority

Ourobolus

Banned
There's a shocker. I think most of us read BSB as Town or at least null.

I'm honestly shocked that Polter isn't scum after all that crap two days ago and his total lack of defense yesterday. I'm gonna go back and read some.

Fireblend

Banned
So, mass claim? At the moment I intend to vote for either Zeemumu or Splinter, but I haven't really given the game much thought after the last day phase.

Interesting NK though. Someone on Flame_AC's votes column from the thunderdome. I still think that's where the remaining scum is tho.

Ourobolus

Banned
🤔

What? Crab protecting himself is the most likely scenario, but the chance exists that you also/or blocked scum.

Since you're already claiming roleblocker, I don't see why it's an issue.

and then splinter claims he blocked me and this all backfires and we lynch me and oops

Ourobolus

Banned
...whatever

Let's discuss the more interesting point.

Zeemumu isn't scum

(unless there are two)
Sigh, fine.

Yes, I agree if you are telling the truth, which would clear both you and zee.

which leaves

Kawl
Fire
Flame
Ouro
Milk

as the remaining potential scum.

I claimed Miller
Flame claimed Vanilla

and Fire, Milk, and Kawl have not claimed.

Fireblend

Banned
Do you get confirmation that your block was successful *Splinter?

Who did you target the other nights?

I'm gonna cautiously trust Splinter for now because if he was scum he could get refuted by Zee if he has some role that went through tonight, but then again scum did have a vanilla cop so he could've known Zee didn't have one beforehand.

Do you guys want me to claim now, or do you want the others to chime in first? I don't think the order is that important but eh.

Fireblend

Banned
Thinking about it a bit more, roleclaiming blocker is a bit risky for scum, no? because they basically have to clear a townie on top of killing one every night until they win. Unless they kill their claimed targets every night, which is gonna look suspicious.

Plus if Splinter now claims to only have blocked dead townies in the previous nights that's gonna look at least a bit suspicious too.

Fireblend

Banned
...if he's the only scum remaining, that is. If there are two this play could buy them the couple (?) nights they need to win. But I doubt there are two.

Ourobolus

Banned
...if he's the only scum remaining, that is. If there are two this play could buy them the couple (?) nights they need to win. But I doubt there are two.

I'm still operating on the "1 scum" theory. If it's wrong, then...whoops.

Roleblocker would be a weird thing to claim if they have to keep it up. But before I ask Splinter my next question I wanna hear the others chime in.

zeemumu

BSB no! You were my best GAF friend!

Thinking about it a bit more, roleclaiming blocker is a bit risky for scum, no? because they basically have to clear a townie on top of killing one every night until they win. Unless they kill their claimed targets every night, which is gonna look suspicious.

Plus if Splinter now claims to only have blocked dead townies in the previous nights that's gonna look at least a bit suspicious too.

Well I'm vanilla so he shouldn't have had a successful block and could be telling the truth.

I'm vanilla. Michael Gove was to get scum to erroneously target me on day 1.

Vote: Ourobolus

You've been steering us from the beginning and you're extremely defensive when people target you. Also fuck your miller claim.

Top Bottom