• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Commander 2017 leak, one of the decks seems to be GW Cat Tribal!

gmYRrvl.jpg

Santiako

CAT TRIBAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahah, people are going to HAAAAAAATE eminence

wtf that commander is INSANE

Insane? Seems really weak.

Arahnbo, Roar of the Wild (3)(G)(W)
Legendary Creature - Cat Avatar [Mythic Rare]
Eminence - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Arahnbo, Roar of the Wild is in the command zone or on the battlefield, another target Cat you control gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
Whenever another Cat you control attacks, you may pay (1)(G)(W). If you do, it gains trample and gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is its power.
{5/5}

27682_200w.jpg
+
59523_200w.jpg

=

Keyword X

[When creature enters the battlefield draw X cards. Until end of turn, creature gets +X/+0 for every card owner draws this turn.]

When creature enters the battlefield draw X cards. Until end of turn, creature gets +X/+0 for every card owner draws this turn.]
That's a one time triggered effect worded like that. We're looking for a combat mechanic.

Even getting buffed by cards drawn static would pretty much be a prowess variant in these colours.
The Dragon tribal commander that was leaked is also pretty weak if I remember correctly.

There will probably be one or two that are completely busted. lol
He draws cards and let's you put a permanent into play for free whenever one or more dragons attacks. He's busted with Scion.

Ashodin

you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think that GW Cat commander is amazing for 1v1 or just going ham on one player in your pod. You will rekt someone before the others combo off and still get a kill in.

Firemind

you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think that GW Cat commander is amazing for 1v1 or just going ham on one player in your pod. You will rekt someone before the others combo off and still get a kill in.
But he can't even pump himself...

DrArchon

The Dragon tribal commander that was leaked is also pretty weak if I remember correctly.

There will probably be one or two that are completely busted. lol

Dragon poster commander is great as a Scion target at least.

And let's all remember that the Dragon deck leaks came with a BUNCH of brand new commander options. Even if this cat isn't ready to take the world by storm, who's to say that there won't be another cat commander in there that can?

A_Dang

Is the assumption now that Cat Tribal commander deck was the one we wouldn't have expected?

That would be hype-deflating for me...

Santiako

It's terrible. It only pumps other cats.

Even getting buffed by cards drawn static would pretty much be a prowess variant in these colours.

Looking at it this is very close to that. Basically the same thing except it's based on card draw as opposed to non-creature spells cast. Also if it's an ability with a number next to it, then you get to draw X cards and also get X buff.

Grafted Exoskeleton turns any cat into a PUMP
That and phyresis suck.
Looking at it this is very close to that. Basically the same thing except it's based on card draw as opposed to non-creature spells cast. Also if it's an ability with a number next to it, then you get to draw X cards and also get X buff.
Not enough to justify its own keyword and were also back to it supposed to be simpmistic, there should be no X.

Crocodile

LOL @ fucking cats being one of the tribes

I guess 2 more to go. I'm feel more and more confident that "common" tribes (goblins, elves, merfolk, vampires/zombies, etc.) won't be among the last two.

I guess 2 more to go. I'm feel more and more confident that "common" tribes (goblins, elves, merfolk, vampires/zombies, etc.) won't be among the last two.
All I want in life is a Naya general for my Angry Angels. I'm locked out of a few decent angels and the best colour for a deck trying to cast dozens of expensive beaters.
I guarantee shenanigans will be had

Just you wait

Also I want to build Sphinx Tribal in Standard now.

Unesh take me awayyyy

Unesh +
58.jpg
= one U surge cost??
Suit yourself, I like your more serious attempts at jank more. Like robots.

Phyresis and Grafted Exoskeleton are effectively battle mastery and fire shrieker and no one is dying to play those and switching from regular to infect damage midway through a game is just giving your opponent more time.

DrArchon

I could see one more common one and one more unexpected one for a nice 50/50 split.

Common one could be a way of tying together tribes from different sets that don't match up colorwise. Like Bant Merfolk to combine Lowryn and Ixalan. Or Esper Zombies.

Ashodin

Robots is an awesome deck and actually can hang with some Tier 1 or Tier 2 decks, which is sweet af lol.

Here's what it looks like with some edits (and acquisitions)

DUm7x05.gif

Yeef

Grafted Exoskeleton is really good for Boryborgmos Enraged.

[EDIT] I do think they'll still try to color-balance the commander decks, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like a Grixis vampire deck and another 5-color deck (probably angels).

Ashodin

I'm not sure what I want to do more, go the ramp route into Sphinxes, or draw out the game?

DDj6GZaWAAEsobO.jpg:large

I want this

foil mark poole lands yessss

October 20, 2017.

Oh weird, when did that go up?

Contents are:
* 5 premium basic lands by artist Mark Poole (known as the "Shooting Star Lands")
* 2 premium creature cards (Metalwork Colossus and Kari Zev, Skyship Raider)
* 3 booster packs (Ixalan, Hour of Devastation, Amonkhet)
* Spindown life counter
* Exclusive mini-poster (Featuring art from Hour of Devastation)

I don't think that's worth $20 (maybe if there were multiples of the basic lands), but it's more something for a family member or friend to get someone who plays Magic.

I think the choice of premium cards is good for showcasing the sorts of interesting cards that can appear in Magic.

DrArchon

Weird how the two premium creatures are both from Kaladesh block even though there aren't any Kaladesh block boosters there.

I get the idea though. Decent gift idea for someone that knows a friend or family member likes Magic but doesn't know anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom