• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo info coming?

Isurus

These teases always end up being a massive disappointment. I'm going with a comic book, some toy, or something else that isn't actually a video game.

Hoping to be surprised, but Frankie is likely trolling here.

Finaj

These teases always end up being a massive disappointment. I'm going with a comic book, some toy, or something else that isn't actually a video game.

Hoping to be surprised, but Frankie is likely trolling here.

Frankie is absolutely not trolling. RTX is this week and there will be a Halo panel. It's not a guarantee that you'll like/appreciate what's announced though.

Bsigg12

It'll be nothing, just like when they talked about E3.

They announced Halo Wars 2 DLC at E3.

If anything, this is more confirmation that there will be something of relevance to Halo fans this week other than Halo 6 news.

I guess we wait until RTX which starts on the 7th.

Finaj

Interestingly, Joe Staten will be at the Halo panel during RTX. I'm surprised given that he doesn't do much Halo nowadays.

And MCC fix is almost certainly never gonna happen y'all. Thing is a house of cards rigged to 25 pounds of TNT. It's better than it was at launch, and I don't expect it to get much better.

They can literally replace the entire game on your hard drive with a brand new version. Rebuilt from the ground up to avoid the problems the game hit first time around.

PC version, 4k and support for Halo 3 Anniversary as DLC. Is that really too much to ask? The definitive versions of each Halo game running in 4k 60fps? A version of the game everyone can enjoy and be proud of for years to come. Feature complete and ready to launch with the Xbox One X.

Shenmue III is happening. MCC will be redeemed, one day. Believe.

It'll be nothing, just like when they talked about E3.
They specifically said they would only have a small part at E3 this year and mainline Halo wasn't going to be there. Pretty straight forward? Now Frankie is saying Halo fans will be happy and despite what a lot of people are claiming Frankie doesn't troll. I'm cautiously optimistic.

A H5 or MCC fix would be great. Any news about H6 would be fantastic. Anything about H5 improvements on the One X will be a letdown for me since I'm not going to be owning a One X anytime soon. Also I care very little about PC stuff. So that too lol.

_Nemo

Surely it won't be anything big, otherwise they would've announced it at E3?

Meaning H3A and MCC PC are out of the question.

Something like MCC fix is possible but 343 are cock munchers so it won't happen.

So probably some shit about Halo Wars.

wwm0nkey

Surely it won't be anything big, otherwise they would've announced it at E3?

Meaning H3A and MCC PC are out of the question.

Something like MCC fix is possible but 343 are cock munchers so it won't happen.

So probably some shit about Halo Wars.

We have 0 idea about anything. I mean HW2 is 100% going to be there

Realistic options:

Halo 5 X patch for 4K 60 FPS
Halo MCC X patch for 4K 60 FPS (less likely than 5)
Halo 3 Anniversary map pack for Halo 5 (probably won't happen, but that's the most you'd get for H3A).

If it happened to be something bigger they would have announced it at E3. So H3A, MCC/Halo 5 PC? Not happening.

gafneo

Banned
Halo 6, rated M again, tons of gory violence, humor from an angry Sargent guy, Cortana gets patched & joins the team again, local MP split screen. The intro starts out with Promethain race being demolished to kingdom come & never heard from again, tons of ammo in guns, Masterchief the only character you play in story mode. New co-op campaign mode sepererate from story with looting, leveling, and free roaming.

E92 M3

They announced Halo Wars 2 DLC at E3.

If anything, this is more confirmation that there will be something of relevance to Halo fans this week other than Halo 6 news.

I guess we wait until RTX which starts on the 7th.

There was literally zero excitement for that and season pass holders were pissed.

They specifically said they would only have a small part at E3 this year and mainline Halo wasn't going to be there. Pretty straight forward? Now Frankie is saying Halo fans will be happy and despite what a lot of people are claiming Frankie doesn't troll. I'm cautiously optimistic.

A H5 or MCC fix would be great. Any news about H6 would be fantastic. Anything about H5 improvements on the One X will be a letdown for me since I'm not going to be owning a One X anytime soon. Also I care very little about PC stuff. So that too lol.

Let's see. I'd be shocked if it's anything substantial. Better not be about req packs or any of that crap.

Isurus

Frankie is absolutely not trolling. RTX is this week and there will be a Halo panel. It's not a guarantee that you'll like/appreciate what's announced though.

Trolling probably isn't the right word. What I mean he is creating hype for something that probably doesn't deserve it.

Finaj

Trolling probably isn't the right word. What I mean he is creating hype for something that probably doesn't deserve it.

Every RTX has had something decent. RTX 2015 showed off Forge and RTX 2016 introduced the Content Browser.

Hawk269

Halo 5 4k@60fps on Xbox One X!

This to me is the most realistic thing it can be. I hope that they would add perhaps another 1 or 2 SP levels along with the 4k/60fps upgrade, but that might be expecting too much.

WorldHero

Would love an announcement of Halo Reach for MCC.

And since we're putting Halo 6 wishes:
-4k 30fps (don't shoot) campaign with maxed out effects and cinematic look
-4k 60 fps Spartan Ops with Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris, different missions for the different teams.
-4k 60 fps Multiplayer

wwm0nkey

Would love an announcement of Halo Reach for MCC.

And since we're putting Halo 6 wishes:
-4k 30fps (don't shoot) campaign with maxed out effects and cinematic look
-4k 60 fps Spartan Ops with Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris, different missions for the different teams.
-4k 60 fps Multiplayer

I can never and will never go back to 30FPS Halo

Halo 5 single player expansion for $20, 4k upgrades or whatever for the X, this time they fix that awful story!

not on anyone's life, probably some MP event followed by more req cards, a book and some news about future projects

Head.spawn

How tone deaf would they have to be to not do a Halo MCC patch right around the Halo 3 ten year anniversary?

It's best to just pretend they never released that game; I'm sure this is the mantra 343 has scribbled on a napkin near a vending machine somewhere in the office.

Hawk269

It's best to just pretend they never released that game; I'm sure this is the mantra 343 has scribbled on a napkin near a vending machine somewhere in the office.

Now that Dan Ayoub is gone, perhaps they will fix what he was in charge of and bring us the MCC that should of been delivered in the first place.

Top Bottom