• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Burbeting

Banned
d2.jpg

"Oh... oh my!"

It was... a peculiar sight. As the shippers woke up for yet another lovely shipping day, they noticed that one of their ships was plastered with pink tape. Pink tape filled with glittery red hearts, in fact. It was so disgustingly sweet, that even flying unicorns would have barfed rainbows due to that sight.

"But there's nothing wrong with tape right?", one of the shippers said, "maybe the champions aren't as evil as we thought?"
But those hopes were soon squished, as the shippers found the bodies of Fireblend and TheExodu5 in the midst of their ship. They too had been covered in pink tape, so much so that they had suffocated. Only their 500 pages long fan fic about Bilbo Baggins and Thorin had been left untouched.

TheExodu5 & Fireblend have been eliminated!

Someone has informed the two of you that evil forces of Love are going to destroy the world of shippers! Now this just won't do, right? The two of you have decided to join the battle against the wretched warriors of love!

You are paired with TheExodu5/Fireblend, and you two are shipping Thorin and Bilbo from The Hobbit!

You are Aligned with Shippers of Nonsensicality (That means TOWN).

The two of you are An Ordinary Pair of Shippers. This means, that neither of you have any special powers. But you people can vote!

Also, as you are a Pair, you will get a private Shippers Chat in the Outer Gafia to use for communication to each other. Remember, that if one of you dies, your pair will die with you.

Your chat is here: [OH THORIN YES! YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THE HOBBIT I WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE <33]

The Game thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412319

You will win, if everyone, who are against your faction, are defeated!

Day 2 Begins

Note that day phases now last for 3 days.

Majority is 14 votes

pin_1502391600.png

Continuation of the yesterday's post:

okay, so the only-slightly-more-than-nothing posts continue: 1, 2, 3

Ant then the supervillain comes through again: 1, 2. Especially the first one is like "You're such a fascinating creature, ty. I'm curious why you would make such an odd move. What are you going to tell them?"

Then he goes after Kark for a bit, which somebody has to do after all but still is an easy thing to do: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

As basically last action of the day he goes on with making connections between pairs. 1, 2, 3. He did this earlier already in this post.

Last post of the day: 1. Votes for Orb. He hasn't mentioned any suspicion against Orb or TWE before. however, he quotes dragonz and says how they talked in their chat about Orb. This smells like an easy public justification to swing the vote away from Kark. That argument of course only works if Kark is actual Scum. Also note that the interaction with Kark does not speak against this, because somebody had to call out Kark anyway, so it might as well be a Scumbuddy to earn Townie-points in case of a lynch.

Conclusion: I feel like we're being toyed with. Even if you disagree on that feeling (and I can understand this; its just a feeling after all), some of you are greatly over estimating the value of Vere's post. Of note here are Muffin and Sorian. To a lesser extent also Fireblend, but that was close to the three post I marked as "perfectly fine and good" yesterday. Verelios surely isn't coasting, but he also isn't exactly putting pressure on not-easy targets.

So, why did so many of you go for Orb and Edge? Somewhere in the day I remember that a few people said their posts were suspicious, which I didn't understand at all and thus ignored. They didn't seem different from other low-profile posters. That it became a race between Kark and them came out of left field for me.

Ty4on

I don't get why the lynch went the way it did. Orb and Worthy hadn't really been discussed earlier unlike Xbro so the lynch didn't really clear much up.

Bonus round: WhereAreMahDragonz

I'll ignore everything that has to do with kits; I feel that has been covered enough already. So other notable interactions are:

Ouro isn't scummier than usual
Nomadic Sparks does nothing (cont. later that day)
Nin is MIA
I won't tell what's in our lovers chat (cont., cont)
Muffin is copying from other people's reads
People are unnecessarily dogpiling on ouro, cont., cont. (Note that she takes her joke vote against ouro unironically into account here)
Muffin is copying votes (turns out to be a misunderstanding)
Something is off about Muffin
Orb is Scum, cont., cont. (brings up kits and Kark here)
Fat isn't necessarily Scum (context: Darryl argument)
Karkador wagon feels easy (in this context also note this post by Ouro. only works if Kark is Town, though, which is a conflict with my argument that Verelios is trying to swing away the vote from Kark... Hmmm...)

So, Muffin, Nomadic Sparks and Orb basically, while defending Ouro. Other people already have pointed this out, 100% newbies in her Scum list. What does it mean? idk. It's not nothing, it's not much but it certainly avoids hard stances.

Obviously other people have come to that conclusion before me but I had nothing better to do after the day end.

Ourobolus

Banned
So, why did so many of you go for Orb and Edge? Somewhere in the day I remember that a few people said their posts were suspicious, which I didn't understand at all and thus ignored. They didn't seem different from other low-profile posters. That it became a race between Kark and them came out of left field for me.
I switched because I didn't want a tie. Would much rather have kept my vote where it was though, but too many people were jumping ship and I couldn't keep up with the vote count.

Xbro

Mixed feelings here. I'm actually very upset about the Day 1 lynch, especially that it came down to me voting for them for self preservation.

I switched because I didn't want a tie. Would much rather have kept my vote where it was though, but too many people were jumping ship and I couldn't keep up with the vote count.

Your vote came relatively late, so I'll believe you that. I completely forgot about tie consequences until after the vote. Hope the next lynch will be a bit more transparent.

I don't get why the lynch went the way it did. Orb and Worthy hadn't really been discussed earlier unlike Xbro so the lynch didn't really clear much up.

It looks like Kitty and Sorian started momentum on that train, then everyone else was forced to pick between the two to prevent a tie, especially with no vote count.

I guess I gotta explain why I switched votes so late, btw.

The Sorian and Fat vs. Darryl discussion happened while I was asleep, so naturally I just skimmed it. Darryl was aggressive, seemed like his usual playstyle, okay, didn't give much thought to it. Only when that discussion carried on short before the vote I looked more at things Darryl quoted in the current discussion, and his chain of arguments seemed really, really dishonest and overly defensive to me. So part of it was also gut feeling. Kark explained himself, though not very good, but at least I understood what he was arguing and believed those arguments. This made me extremely indecisive when Sorian was still pushing Darryl shortly before the vote.

When I expressed that I was torn, I think Worm asked why my vote still was on Kark then, so I switched it regardless of better judgement.

tldr: Should have kept my vote on Kark so people would have rather jumped on that train than the OrbEdge train. I find Darryl to be suspicious, but we have enough time to go over that on D2.

Xbro

What do you make of it knowing from your POV that you're town?

I'm thinking I need to look over the entire fiasco again. It was a very tense situation so I didn't really catch too much.

I'm guessing there are some people who were holding their breath and waiting to see the outcome to see if any of them were going on the train. With this in mind it's best to look at who had crosshairs on them before crap hit the fan. Making it a race between two parties will make the swing less likely to go toward yourself.

Once I get off work I'll go through the exchange.

On a side note I did not think the votes would change that drastically in such a short amount of time.

Verelios

Mixed feelings here. I'm actually very upset about the Day 1 lynch, especially that it came down to me voting for them for self preservation.
What do you think about the Kark vote? While I disbelieve he spent all of day 1 on...post counting, it wasn't to the degree that I'm convinced he's scum.
Continuation of the yesterday's post:

okay, so the only-slightly-more-than-nothing posts continue: 1, 2, 3

Ant then the supervillain comes through again: 1, 2. Especially the first one is like "You're such a fascinating creature, ty. I'm curious why you would make such an odd move. What are you going to tell them?"

Then he goes after Kark for a bit, which somebody has to do after all but still is an easy thing to do: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

As basically last action of the day he goes on with making connections between pairs. 1, 2, 3. He did this earlier already in this post.

Last post of the day: 1. Votes for Orb. He hasn't mentioned any suspicion against Orb or TWE before. however, he quotes dragonz and says how they talked in their chat about Orb. This smells like an easy public justification to swing the vote away from Kark. That argument of course only works if Kark is actual Scum. Also note that the interaction with Kark does not speak against this, because somebody had to call out Kark anyway, so it might as well be a Scumbuddy to earn Townie-points in case of a lynch.

Conclusion: I feel like we're being toyed with. Even if you disagree on that feeling (and I can understand this; its just a feeling after all), some of you are greatly over estimating the value of Vere's post. Of note here are Muffin and Sorian. To a lesser extent also Fireblend, but that was close to the three post I marked as "perfectly fine and good" yesterday. Verelios surely isn't coasting, but he also isn't exactly putting pressure on not-easy targets.
You're full of shit Royal, and if you'd made an actual argument instead of emotional semantics I'd actually bother to reply to them. Look at your posts all game, you've done fuck all besides coast and busywork.

Come at me correct mate.

Vote: Darryl

That argument yesterday was crap, I'm barely sure what it was about and you only seemed interested in engaging Sorian's team over it, then it dragged on well past it's expiry date.

Ty4on

You're full of shit Royal, and if you'd made an actual argument instead of emotional semantics I'd actually bother to reply to them. Look at your posts all game, you've done fuck all besides coast and busywork.

Come at me correct mate.
What does that have to do with his post?

Every time I posted anything last night, you two immediately replied dismissively and showed refusal to even engage my points. You clearly took advantage of the fact that you two were the only players posting to form your own echo chamber thus allowing horrible, hivemind-esque, kneejerk responses like this:

I'd expect discourse like this from a poligaf echo chamber. It's clearly driven by an agenda meant to shout me down and embarrass me when I had concerns. I'm not getting Nin1000 involved in that discussion. I can handle it on my own. There's zero reason for him to have been involved other than to check a box to show that he agrees with me (he obviously agrees with me - we are on the same team) or to fill the post with increasingly lower grade discourse.

Things like this post are the epitome of Darryls bad argument. So they're wrong because they're using gifs after you make a pretty unbelievable statement? You said that Fats action of going through the posts of one single person was scummy. Nearly every single person here does this.

Sophia

Come at me correct mate.

I thought it was a pretty solid argument myself, and your argumentum ad hominem here certainly is not doing you any favors.

His bonus read on Dragonz was also an expanded version of what me and Fran felt earlier that day phase.

Xbro

What do you think about the Kark vote? While I disbelieve he spent all of day 1 on...post counting, it wasn't to the degree that I'm convinced he's scum.

I honestly think it was the stigma that was tied to his reputation. Like I said earlier, he approached me about it at the first of the game and I went along with it. He felt like he had to have a gambit. According to him, he wanted to have a more subtle gambit because he didn't want to stir "his usual chaos" with 30 players in the game.

Karkador

Banned
Xbro has given no hint of this in any of his posts so far. Want to elaborate?

Right now I'm thinking we shouldn't say what it is, because it's perhaps better to keep it a secret for their next target - and hope they hit scum.

So, to whoever it was, I think I get why you did it, but don't out yourself.

Xbro

Xbro has given no hint of this in any of his posts so far. Want to elaborate?

We got hit with a silencing shot. So we can't really communicate throughout Day 2.

I didn't really know if it was proper etiquette to bring it up out of the blue, and I couldn't really ask Kark how to broach the subject.

Karkador

Banned
We got hit with a silencing shot. So we can't really communicate throughout Day 2.

I didn't really know if it was proper etiquette to bring it up out of the blue, and I couldn't really ask Kark how to broach the subject.

larrydavid.gif

Deja Vu

?

This kinda came out of the blue. How did your read change?

I haven't liked their argument at all and I don't really feel like Darryl's given much aside from it. My read on Darryl hasn't been particularly towny anyway, but that stuff during late day didn't help. Plus the whole telling Nin not contribute.

I've also been looking at the people who were around at the end of day but not on the major trains, scum often likes to stay off the main lynches, and his end of day voting lines up with that.

Knowing Sorian's track record of going hard on team mates I'm almost tempted to consider w/w, although that's probably a bit far-fetched a theory.

Natiko

Banned
Most of the vote movement at EOD came from people confused about the vote count and just trying to make sure it wasn't a tie. I don't find this particularly indicative of alignment, in fact to take it a step further I got the impression that scum wasn't at risk - just look at all the people with no active votes. Makes me inclined to look elsewhere.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

All that talk day one and yet you two evaporated. What happened?

Ty4on also with a bad look coming out of day one. You sure did make a point to talk down on the different lynch candidates all while parking your vote elsewhere. It's almost like you knew what the results would be, hmm..

Right now I'm thinking we shouldn't say what it is, because it's perhaps better to keep it a secret for their next target - and hope they hit scum.

So, to whoever it was, I think I get why you did it, but don't out yourself.

Do you think it's town or neutral then?

To be a bit meta, do you think Burb just reused the same neutral as love boat 1 then?

Sophia

Sophia please explain your non vote?

I wasn't here for the final day:

Heads up: I'm having some family drama tomorrow, and I'll be out come time of day's end. I'll put my vote up with my partner's before that, but unfortunately I won't be able to give the game any real time of day in the last two or three hours. Not my choice, unfortunately.

If you must know, I was busy carrying a bunch of junk in the rain while a bunch of police officers watched on as an angry man screamed at them. I barely had time to look at the thread or lovers chat.

Top Bottom