• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Trigger

Since I only hinted at actually asking: OuroKitty, how does your Mailman / Messenger power target? Do you pick a single player, or do you pick a couple? Does it say if they get a PM, or if Burb posts in their lover chat?

It would more than likely target both players in a couple. No point in only one half of a couple receiving a message, right?

Ourobolus

Banned
Since I only hinted at actually asking: OuroKitty, how does your Mailman / Messenger power target? Do you pick a single player, or do you pick a couple? Does it say if they get a PM, or if Burb posts in their lover chat?

- It's a Pair Game. It hits a pair.
- It doesn't specify, just says it will be sent to them. We got our silence notification in our chat, so I assume it's just whatever is convenient.

Uh, no? I was specifically asked what would I do if Ouro flips town. The question inherently tells me to just assume he will flip town. I still think he's scum and I think he's lying about his PR.
Going to be honest, I have no idea if I was trying to go somewhere with that or if it was just a reading comprehension failure on my part. Probably the second one.

It would more than likely target both players in a couple. No point in only one half of a couple receiving a message, right?
Makes sense. I wasnt in LB1 so I just have no precedent I guess.

Natiko

Banned
- It's a Pair Game. It hits a pair.
- It doesn't specify, just says it will be sent to them. We got our silence notification in our chat, so I assume it's just whatever is convenient.
So does it just restrict your ability to make new posts but you can still view the ones from the previous days?

Xbro

unvote

I just had a theory I probably won't disclose until I have answer to the above. I think 1 or 2 unlucky potshots in that matter could jeopardize Town PRs. So I don't want a turbo before Ouro answered. Or made it clear he won't answer because why would Scum Ouro help me out here?

He seems to have answered.

Ourobolus

Banned
So does it just restrict your ability to make new posts but you can still view the ones from the previous days?

Actually, looking at our chat, it appears I could technically post if I wanted to (as in, it's more on the honor system than functionally blocking me). Though that might be because I have a higher level of permissions on the site.

Xbro

Actually, looking at our chat, it appears I could technically post if I wanted to (as in, it's more on the honor system than functionally blocking me). Though that might be because I have a higher level of permissions on the site.

Mine and Kark's thread was locked, so it's probably the latter.

Also new to pairs games, so... - only the first person listed in your pair has the power to send? What if you were away or something? Or it's just easier or something? I'm sorry, that's not really important, I'm just curious.

and, sorry, double posting - Ouro, kitty didn't seem averse to going into the whole role while you were. But you guys couldn't talk. How'd you feel about that?

Ourobolus

Banned
Also new to pairs games, so... - only the first person listed in your pair has the power to send? What if you were away or something? Or it's just easier or something? I'm sorry, that's not really important, I'm just curious.

No, I mean for this night, since kitty and I cant coordinate, I would be the one to send it. Normally we can discuss and either of us (or we just post it in our chat for Burb) sends it.

I'm waiting for Flush's "theory."

You know what? Fuck it. Let's do this earlier than absolutely necessary (partly because monkey says she prefers it over going through with the original plan if she's alone tomorrow)

So, the original plan was to say the "theory" is that the silence maybe in case of PRs only works during the day so they can coordinate during the night. This of course implicates that Kark would be Vanilla. Day end.

But that's a cover-up job. Let me get a bit into the backstory here:

We're going to be on the chopping block tomorrow. Hard. So at some point we will likely claim our PR (Silencers), because our choice of targets aligns consistently with Town's goals. This is especially obvious if Ouro flips Scum. We would never silence our own team. So the challenge now is to convince you that we actually are the silencers. There's a good chance "no counterclaim" isn't evidence enough because somebody says "If you are the silencer, don't counterclaim". Been there, done that. So what we need is some hard evidence. Unfortunately I suck at PRing and didn't breadcrumb my targets beforehand. So the only thing that was left is not yet public information about the details of our role.

Scum is silenced only during the day, Town also during the night. If the team silenced is a PR, one partner (chosen at random according to Burn in our chat) gets to decide everything, the other is left out. I originally intended to use this as some kind of cop because Scum would have no clue Town was silenced also during the night, right? Wrong. After somebody said something about it in the thread (I don't remember who) I asked Burb what message Scum receives when they're targeted. Burb did not outright say if Scum gets informed about what would happen if they were Town but pointed out that the design sheet for love boat 1 for that case stated that they would receive information about it. Make of that whatever you want.

So in this conversation with Ouro, I implied I knew Scum only gets silenced during the day and I proved that I know that only one partner gets to take action in case that they are a Town PR.

I also can tell you right now that nobody will be silenced tomorrow.

We wanted to raise this too before the votes ended today in case it was a consideration. I personally have some doubts now on Ourokitty and I tried to fish a couple of teams to see if their chat was also shut down but didn't get anywhere. I still have some doubts but I think there are holes and I'm going to use the time left to make my final choice regarding my vote.

Ourobolus

Banned
You know what? Fuck it. Let's do this earlier than absolutely necessary (partly because monkey says she prefers it over going through with the original plan if she's alone tomorrow)

There's like 90 minutes left in the day, and you're the one that brought up the theory.

We're going to be on the chopping block tomorrow. Hard. So at some point we will likely claim our PR (Silencers), because our choice of targets aligns consistently with Town's goals. This is especially obvious if Ouro flips Scum. We would never silence our own team. So the challenge now is to convince you that we actually are the silencers. There's a good chance "no counterclaim" isn't evidence enough because somebody says "If you are the silencer, don't counterclaim". Been there, done that. So what we need is some hard evidence. Unfortunately I suck at PRing and didn't breadcrumb my targets beforehand. So the only thing that was left is not yet public information about the details of our role.

Scum is silenced only during the day, Town also during the night. If the team silenced is a PR, one partner (chosen at random according to Burn in our chat) gets to decide everything, the other is left out. I originally intended to use this as some kind of cop because Scum would have no clue Town was silenced also during the night, right? Wrong. After somebody said something about it in the thread (I don't remember who) I asked Burb what message Scum receives when they're targeted. Burb did not outright say if Scum gets informed about what would happen if they were Town but pointed out that the design sheet for love boat 1 for that case stated that they would receive information about it. Make of that whatever you want.

So in this conversation with Ouro, I implied I knew Scum only gets silenced during the day and I proved that I know that only one partner gets to take action in case that they are a Town PR.

Ok, so you are essentially telling everyone that I, since I specifically mentioned those conditions before you posted this, am a Town PR? Ok then.

Xbro

So the shot itself is not an investigative role. The correct thing to do for investigation purposes is to see if anyone else was also shut down at this time.

Is it wrong to question why you won't silence anyone for the Day 4 cycle?

There's like 90 minutes left in the day, and you're the one that brought up the theory.

Ok, so you are essentially telling everyone that I, since I specifically mentioned those conditions before you posted this, am a Town PR? Ok then.

How about you read the part where Burb tells us how it worked in love Boat 1?

Ourobolus

Banned
ourobolus & kingkitty (9)
sorian
franconp
royal_flush
nin1000
natiko
dr. worm
sawneeks
hey_monkey
nomadic sparks
darryl
sorian
acohrs

sawneeks & sorian (0)
ourobolus

hey_monkey & royal_flush (3)
ty4on
kingkitty
ourobolus

So the shot itself is not an investigative role. The correct thing to do for investigation purposes is to see if anyone else was also shut down at this time.

Is it wrong to question why you won't silence anyone for the Day 4 cycle?

Monkey prodded a few people about chat involvement this day phase. I'll let her point to the posts because that'll probably be faster. On D2 I still thought "says that silenced during the night == Town" and therefore didn't specifically prod in that direction.

Second paragraph: Is it relevant? If yes, I will answer it, if not, I'd prefer not to.

Burbeting

Banned
ourobolus & kingkitty (9)
sorian
franconp
royal_flush
nin1000
natiko
dr. worm
sawneeks
hey_monkey
nomadic sparks
darryl
sorian
acohrs

sawneeks & sorian (0)
ourobolus

hey_monkey & royal_flush (3)
ty4on
kingkitty
ourobolus

Xbro

Monkey prodded a few people about chat involvement this day phase. I'll let her point to the posts because that'll probably be faster. On D2 I still thought "says that silenced during the night == Town" and therefore didn't specifically prod in that direction.

Second paragraph: Is it relevant? If yes, I will answer it, if not, I'd prefer not to.

Not terribly relevant I suppose.

You said this, which didn't make any sense

I imagine the message in the Scum chat looks something like this:

"Ouro and Kitty were silenced. Nobody can write in this chat until the end of this day phase. If you were Town the silence would go on until the end of the night. If you were a PR only one player of the pair chosen in advance would be able to send in the command"

Oh, I forgot to answer this:

I can't have a conversation with you if you're dead. Also the the point on which it is "absolutely necessary" is on D4 when other arguments fail.

But as I said, my plan involved lying about my "theory". And never lie as Town, right?

Ourobolus

Banned
I imagine the message in the Scum chat looks something like this:

"Ouro and Kitty were silenced. Nobody can write in this chat until the end of this day phase. If you were Town the silence would go on until the end of the night. If you were a PR only one player of the pair chosen in advance would be able to send in the command"

Ehhhh...maybe. Seems like a stretch to me?

So, the original plan was to say the "theory" is that the silence maybe in case of PRs only works during the day so they can coordinate during the night. This of course implicates that Kark would be Vanilla. Day end.

But that's a cover-up job. Let me get a bit into the backstory here:

How certain are you of this?

UNVOTE

Why should we believe you're not neutral, Flush_monkey?
I'd say that Burb wouldn't have the same Neutral pair in two consecutive pair games is an okay-ish reason. Other than that, I don't think there is anything related to our role itself that would help. We would have to convince you in person.

It's just kind of a mysterious thing to say, and also to say that you're for sure on the chopping block tomorrow.
Did you read the readslist today? I think there were like one or two where we weren't at least a "lean Scum". A dayphase where the lynch target is very clear from the start isn't going to change that.

Sophia

I'm confused... you make it sound like your power can be used to scum hunt, but then you backtrack on it because of am ambiguous answer from Burb? o_O;

Top Bottom