• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Ourobolus

Banned
So at some point we will likely claim our PR (Silencers), because our choice of targets aligns consistently with Town's goals. This is especially obvious if Ouro flips Scum. We would never silence our own team.

I just want to point out that if you are indeed Town, that last sentence makes zero sense.

I'm confused... you make it sound like your power can be used to scum hunt, but then you backtrack on it because of am ambiguous answer from Burb? o_O;
I thought it would be. Because why would I think Scum would be informed what happens if Town is hit? Then I asked Burb and he gave an answer came that implied I was wrong. then Ouro knew what happens to Town PRs.

Or, hell, if Ouro's town, there's no reason you couldn't be scum picking scummy targets to give yourself an out.
Actually, if I thought that far ahead as Scum, I would have breadcrumbed my targets, no?

Sophia

Wait does it mute the whole scum chat, or does scum not have a pair chat in addition to the main scum chat?

This is a good question. If it mutes the whole scum chat, that means more than one pair is muted. Which means they need to figure out what to say about it.

Ty4on

This is a good question. If it mutes the whole scum chat, that means more than one pair is muted. Which means they need to figure out what to say about it.
This feels weird and TMI-y...

Anyway, LB1 I think gave scum everything they needed for a claim and it was deemed a game design mistake that the chat silence could be used to confirm townies (scum didn't claim) iirc.

UNVOTE

Why should we believe you're not neutral, Flush_monkey?

What would our win condition related to ending chats be?

The goal is to hit scum and transfer the silence to the whole scum team, which is why we targeted Ourokitty today. We thought they were scum. And I fished Schmuffin before they left and asked the replacements about their chats (including AbBro) hoping for a slip or reveal in case we were right.

Sawneeks

Banned
Good morning everyone, how are we all doing toda-

You know what? Fuck it. Let's do this earlier than absolutely necessary (partly because monkey says she prefers it over going through with the original plan if she's alone tomorrow)

So, the original plan was to say the "theory" is that the silence maybe in case of PRs only works during the day so they can coordinate during the night. This of course implicates that Kark would be Vanilla. Day end.

But that's a cover-up job. Let me get a bit into the backstory here:

We're going to be on the chopping block tomorrow. Hard. So at some point we will likely claim our PR (Silencers), because our choice of targets aligns consistently with Town's goals. This is especially obvious if Ouro flips Scum. We would never silence our own team. So the challenge now is to convince you that we actually are the silencers. There's a good chance "no counterclaim" isn't evidence enough because somebody says "If you are the silencer, don't counterclaim". Been there, done that. So what we need is some hard evidence. Unfortunately I suck at PRing and didn't breadcrumb my targets beforehand. So the only thing that was left is not yet public information about the details of our role.

Scum is silenced only during the day, Town also during the night. If the team silenced is a PR, one partner (chosen at random according to Burn in our chat) gets to decide everything, the other is left out. I originally intended to use this as some kind of cop because Scum would have no clue Town was silenced also during the night, right? Wrong. After somebody said something about it in the thread (I don't remember who) I asked Burb what message Scum receives when they're targeted. Burb did not outright say if Scum gets informed about what would happen if they were Town but pointed out that the design sheet for love boat 1 for that case stated that they would receive information about it. Make of that whatever you want.

So in this conversation with Ouro, I implied I knew Scum only gets silenced during the day and I proved that I know that only one partner gets to take action in case that they are a Town PR.

I also can tell you right now that nobody will be silenced tomorrow.

oh

that's something to wake up to. ._.

I'm going to go buy supplies for the festival now. Will be back in an hour or so. Sorry for that, but I originally wanted to go an hour ago. Stores are going to close soon.

FYI: I unexpectedly got pulled into something and am semi following the thread but maybe bold something if it's for me for the next bit or so, I dunno :/

Sophia

This feels weird and TMI-y...

Anyway, LB1 I think gave scum everything they needed for a claim and it was deemed a game design mistake that the chat silence could be used to confirm townies (scum didn't claim) iirc.

Trying to make more sense of this. I'm only half awake and the most immediate thing that strikes out at me is how odd this claim is coming so late in the day. I'm aware of how it worked in LB1, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'd work the same way here.

So you're still gonna leave your vote on me, after all that.

I have doubts. I am looking at developments. I'm still here, just worried I might miss something (I'm teaching all week but not actively and just got pulled into more active teaching for a bit but I'm still following thread).

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm willing to see what happens the next day if there are any silenced people or maybe something else to come up. FlushMonkey is still on my radar, but I'm going to move down my scum list for now.

Vote: Sorian

It's possible that there's another silencer but at this point I doubt it since only our targets have reported.

I'm gonna sit with this for a minute and think. I'm curious about Ty4on now after some comments today and Trigger's half-participation here, half through chat/Ty/whatever's up there. I don't want to vote the replacements today. There's not a night kill on the line. I have doubts about Ourokitty but there are also still issues there. I am really just not sure about the best move right now.

People I'm NOT suspicious of at this moment:
Sophist
Dr. Fran
Darryl (except nin exists)

Karkador

Banned
I'm not really sure what Flush is trying to do here, so close to day end. Are you trying to save Ouro, or not save Ouro? Especially considering this sudden need to save himself, this seems like such a bizarre kneejerk.

I don't really see how we move on from today without Ouro flipped.

Natiko

Banned
That was a really, really long post just to say "I have no idea if Ouro is town or not". Currently trying to decide if this is just a gambit as scum to try and save their bacon because Ouro/kk and Royal/monkey are the only scum pairs remaining and they could see the writing on the wall.

Ourobolus

Banned
That was a really, really long post just to say "I have no idea if Ouro is town or not". Currently trying to decide if this is just a gambit as scum to try and save their bacon because Ouro/kk and Royal/monkey are the only scum pairs remaining and they could see the writing on the wall.

Considering in Heist, where I was scum with Flush, he just sat in the background and coasted the entire game and literally no one suspected him, I'd be shocked he'd do that (also assuming I'm scum in that scenario).

What would our win condition related to ending chats be?

The goal is to hit scum and transfer the silence to the whole scum team, which is why we targeted Ourokitty today. We thought they were scum. And I fished Schmuffin before they left and asked the replacements about their chats (including AbBro) hoping for a slip or reveal in case we were right.
Wait, why would my answers be useful? Did you target SexyCzarSketch?

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm not really sure what Flush is trying to do here, so close to day end. Are you trying to save Ouro, or not save Ouro? Especially considering this sudden need to save himself, this seems like such a bizarre kneejerk.

I don't really see how we move on from today without Ouro flipped.

VOTE:Ourobolus

Let's put this to rest. We need clarity, not this last minute weirdness.

Yeah, I think I'm with you here.

VOTE: Ourobolus

I do think we both thought there was two hours left instead of one. :/ So that's our bad. We were talking in our chat about handling this with him gone. But what this comes down to is that we're not going to defend ourselves; we wanted the info out there before Flush left but we're just town. We're doing what we can to find scum. I'm not really sure why people might have suspected him before I got here because my context is different reading after the fact, but during this day phase, I've been trying to find the truth on Ourokitty and others and the reveal of our power is part of that.

Wait, why would my answers be useful? Did you target SexyCzarSketch?

No, in case your chat was locked if y'all were scum. We targeted Ourokitty because we hoped we might hit the whole scum team.

fake edit while I wait for cooldown: Ouro has a point. We're not hookers (still hate that word) and they say they're not, for whatever that's worth.

Burbeting

Banned
ourobolus & kingkitty (10)
sorian
franconp
royal_flush
nin1000
natiko
dr. worm
sawneeks
hey_monkey
nomadic sparks
darryl
sorian
karkador
dr. worm
acohrs

sawneeks & sorian (1)
ourobolus
ourobolus

hey_monkey & royal_flush (2)
ty4on
kingkitty
ourobolus

Sawneeks

Banned
Since we're close to a hammer and I'm still writing other replies

You know what? Fuck it. Let's do this earlier than absolutely necessary (partly because monkey says she prefers it over going through with the original plan if she's alone tomorrow)

To make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Originally you were planning to unvote Ouro and lie about some theory that Town PRs are only silenced during the Day and that's it because.....?

But instead you fully claim now as Chat Silencer and your original goal was to be a pseudo-cop because Scum is silenced differently than Town? And you were looking for differences when people claimed?

am I getting all that right?

I'm curious about Ty4on now after some comments today and Trigger's half-participation here, half through chat/Ty/whatever's up there.

Thank you for putting in words what a reread had me wondering about. It feels a little sketchy to have two players essentially posting through only one of them. I feel like it allows half a pair to basicall avoid posting and leaving actual discussion trails. Any "why didn't you X" can be met with "well, I told so and so in lover chat". Or vice versa "why didn't you" "well in lover chat I did...".

Now granted my memory is fuzzy and I think Trigger has always been rather quiet. Ty4on not so much. It's more a general observation, triggered (pun fully intended) by the post disparity between Trigger and Ty4on.

Xbro

Again, did you read his post? I didn't read his post as a way of giving a read, but rather giving information for everyone to deliberate on, considering, iirc, he won't be present over the next day phase.

I was holding out voting for Nomadic because I didn't really feel anything toward you.

Vote: Natiko

This post, however, rubs me in a lot of wrong ways.

I don't want to speak for him but per our discussion, yes, to fish for possible extra information re: what happened to the people we silenced.

Also, for the record, we're shipping Cersei and Jon Snow, which is DEFINITELY nonsensical. Too much angry/broody face in that one.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Now granted my memory is fuzzy and I think Trigger has always been rather quiet. Ty4on not so much. It's more a general observation, triggered (pun fully intended) by the post disparity between Trigger and Ty4on.

I don't know how much D1 you read, but I think you just made Kark the happiest player here.

Top Bottom