• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

No, in case your chat was locked if y'all were scum. We targeted Ourokitty because we hoped we might hit the whole scum team.

fake edit while I wait for cooldown: Ouro has a point. We're not hookers (still hate that word) and they say they're not, for whatever that's worth.
I see. Wouldnt my (let's be clear: theoretical) scum team have just told me to keep my mouth shut? I mean, unless you targeted my pair directly, why would I ever say anything?

Natiko

Banned
Also if we were the last two scum pairs remaining, where is the hooker?
Look in the mirror my friend.

Again, did you read his post? I didn't read his post as a way of giving a read, but rather giving information for everyone to deliberate on, considering, iirc, he won't be present over the next day phase.

I was holding out voting for Nomadic because I didn't really feel anything toward you.

Vote: Natiko

This post, however, rubs me in a lot of wrong ways.
....did you read his post? He clearly is talking about how his goal was to prod Ouro (and others) into giving out details about their chats that would allow him to use the silence as a quasi cop check. He then goes on to say he is worried Burb told scum how the silence would work on them if they were Town and thus he is not sure if his info can actually be used to verify Ouro or not. But you do you I guess.

Burbeting

Banned
ourobolus & kingkitty (10)
sorian
franconp
royal_flush
nin1000
natiko
dr. worm
sawneeks
hey_monkey
nomadic sparks
darryl
sorian
karkador
dr. worm
acohrs

sawneeks & sorian (1)
ourobolus
ourobolus

hey_monkey & royal_flush (2)
ty4on
kingkitty
ourobolus

natiko & nomadic sparks (1)
xbro

Sawneeks

Banned
Thank you for putting in words what a reread had me wondering about. It feels a little sketchy to have two players essentially posting through only one of them. I feel like it allows half a pair to basicall avoid posting and leaving actual discussion trails. Any "why didn't you X" can be met with "well, I told so and so in lover chat". Or vice versa "why didn't you" "well in lover chat I did...".

Now granted my memory is fuzzy and I think Trigger has always been rather quiet. Ty4on not so much. It's more a general observation, triggered (pun fully intended) by the post disparity between Trigger and Ty4on.

if that's the case what do you think of Natiko/Nomad?

There's a good chance that you were told to be quiet if silenced but that's the risk. I was hoping by asking more general questions I might get a slip. Ouro might not value semantics, but as a rhetorician, I sure as hell do.

Ourobolus

Banned
All righty. Kitty and I have provided every single bit of information about our role, being silenced, our targets, etc.

I'll be around, but with 24 minutes remaining, o7

If I'm remembering D1, Nomad had a handful of nonsense posts early on, peppered with a few accusations. Natiko was far more involved and detailed. It seemed sketchy at the time, but not any more than a couple other pairs, plus I was in such a rush to catch up I just sort of noted and moved on. I will give it a deeper go through during the night phase.

HeyFlush/RoyalMonkey, I'm not able to searchoose but did you target OuroKitty twice? Cause two messages were supposedly lost.

Ourobolus

Banned
If I'm remembering D1, Nomad had a handful of nonsense posts early on, peppered with a few accusations. Natiko was far more involved and detailed. It seemed sketchy at the time, but not any more than a couple other pairs, plus I was in such a rush to catch up I just sort of noted and moved on. I will give it a deeper go through during the night phase.

HeyFlush/RoyalMonkey, I'm not able to searchoose but did you target OuroKitty twice? Cause two messages were supposedly lost.

We've been silenced once, and presumably roleblocked twice.

Ty4on

Thank you for putting in words what a reread had me wondering about. It feels a little sketchy to have two players essentially posting through only one of them. I feel like it allows half a pair to basicall avoid posting and leaving actual discussion trails. Any "why didn't you X" can be met with "well, I told so and so in lover chat". Or vice versa "why didn't you" "well in lover chat I did...".

Now granted my memory is fuzzy and I think Trigger has always been rather quiet. Ty4on not so much. It's more a general observation, triggered (pun fully intended) by the post disparity between Trigger and Ty4on.
I'm not really sure what this post is saying. Trigger could be trying to hide, but this is how I remember he's always played :p
When have anyone of us said "well this and this in chat"?

Ourobolus

Banned
Occam%27s%20Razor%20by%20Scott%20Adams.gif

Since we're close to a hammer and I'm still writing other replies

To make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Originally you were planning to unvote Ouro and lie about some theory that Town PRs are only silenced during the Day and that's it because.....?

But instead you fully claim now as Chat Silencer and your original goal was to be a pseudo-cop because Scum is silenced differently than Town? And you were looking for differences when people claimed?

am I getting all that right?
Yes. The original plan was to get the proof that we know how the role works out there without claiming yet.

Yes

I bolded because I want to him to tell me that he's certain that no one will be silenced in night 3.

We're out of shots. So unless there's someone else with the same power or an assistant silencer (lol?) or whatever, we're done. Now just hunting.

No, he hit xKark and then we hit OuroKitty. We don't block powers from our role PM at least. There's no indication. Just chat. Which is why the specification of what happens if chat is blocked and who uses the power.

Natiko

Banned
I know, I'm such a great roleblocker that I decided to fake claim a role that could be easily be verified, and then claim roleblocked. Everyone would believe that.
You're right - after thinking about it more that is very unlikely for you both to be scum. Makes this entire thing too messy and convoluted to make sense really.

Except we aren't doing that lol Nomad has posted in our lover's chat twice today I think and none of it was to tell me to do or say anything. We're unique butterflies.

No, he hit xKark and then we hit OuroKitty. We don't block powers from our role PM at least. There's no indication. Just chat. Which is why the specification of what happens if chat is blocked and who uses the power.
Derp. I'm dis traced by work so I didn't think that through at all.

We're out of shots. So unless there's someone else with the same power or an assistant silencer (lol?) or whatever, we're done. Now just hunting.

There's a whole lot to unpack in this post alone

Why did you hit OuroKitty?
Who hit xKark?
Do you know who the scum is?
If you're out of shot, do you reload in the next night?

You blew both your shots on N1 and N2?

...Why?

I can't speak to N1. Flush had no one to talk to so reasoning isn't in there much but he was pretty suspicious of xKark. He did lament that he had no one to discuss it with, so that's there. We were both very set on Ouro as for n2.

Ty:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245767576&postcount=2123
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245645860&postcount=1893
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=245640888&highlight=trigger#post245640888

The ones I could find real quick, and today Trigger sounded more like relying on the chat than the thread but it was apparently a miswording. However, I feel like these above items are more than we've gotten from Trigger directly.

You blew both your shots on N1 and N2?

...Why?
Because under the assumption that we can use it as cop I had to blow use it N1. In N2, when we learned that it maybe isn't a pseudo-cop, we thought chat usage phishing is our best utility now and that works best if you hit somebody you are quite sure is Scum.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm still quite new to this

Silencers/hookers/mailers/virgins are something I can't quite understand if I don't know what they do.

Silencer - Closes private chat for a period of time for the target
Hooker - Scum Roleblocker. Can also disable a Virgin's power.
Mailer - Can send messages at night
Virgin - If killed, scum cannot kill the next night. If targeted by the Hooker before they die, they no longer prevent a night kill when they die.

You're right - after thinking about it more that is very unlikely for you both to be scum. Makes this entire thing too messy and convoluted to make sense really.

Except we aren't doing that lol Nomad has posted in our lover's chat twice today I think and none of it was to tell me to do or say anything. We're unique butterflies.
Er... kind if defendive aren't we? I was sure I was being asked that in relation to the post count disparity, not the "so and so said so in lover chat" part...

Sawneeks

Banned
You are misinterpreting, or misreading. That's not an unsure position regarding her. Kitsune had a lot of bullshit in her reads, which I noted in #2109

When Dr.Worm called her out on how her post sounded like a parody, she responded sarcastically, which I noted sounded dishonest at #2128

Day 1 reads are still perfectly valid. Also he didn't "back off" it. He merely voted elsewhere to preserve a tie. He gave his reads on both Kitsunelaine and Dragonz, and voted for the pair he thought was scummier.

I don't recall saying something to the effect, but I could be wrong, this has been a large game so far. If you find it, please jog my memory. :p

I'm not saying Day 1 reads are suddenly invalid, I'm saying I expected after a Flip, a large argument between Kits and Fran, and the subsequent discussion around them and Kits' read I would've expected something other than a few questions followed by a vote. To me, I can see that as Scum throwing shade on a partner on Day 1 and riding out the controversy of Day 2 without giving a solid opinion in order to see where the cards are going to fall.

It also might not have been you that said that quote. I was exhausted last night so my brain attributed it you. :<

He was not admittedly super confident in his rankings, not in his read of Kitsunelaine/FEP. I had my own opinion on Kitsunelaine, he had already voted, and I didn't feel the need to split our vote as I believe in partners voting together.

Blehhh, I'll look over it during the Night Phase then. I don't remember what Crimson's reads were sitting at during that time other than their relation to Kits/FEP.

Sawneeks, why does a CrimScumFist bus scum at the point that he does so, knowing that he won't be back later to change it if the lynch winds shift direction?

I said toward the end of D2 that the Crimsophistia vote seemed like a shitvote to ride a town wagon out, but in between my mouthfuls of crow, I'm obviously walking that one back hard.

Townie points, a partner who hasn't voted, knowledge of how Gafia votes flail about at Day End, and ( possibly at the time ) a train against multiple scummates?

At the time of Crimson's vote we were at: Kits/FEP ( 3 ) v. Ouro/KK ( 2 ) v. Muffin/Sam ( 2 ) v. Fran/Worm ( 2 )

Crimson bumps the vote up to 4 for Kits/FEP. If I remember correctly, Crimson Town Leaned on Dr. Fran ( I think ) so it was unlikely he would have voted there so it leaves the question of why not vote for Ouro/KK or Muffin/Sam? I think it's possible that Ouro/Kk and Muffin/Sam are Scum and that a Scum!Crimson, in a hard spot, picked the least valuable of the team and voted there with little reasoning. The Day wasn't over yet and Sophia had yet to place down a vote so I can see them splitting their vote if it came to it to try and help Kits, though that wasn't how it turned out as Kits did an apparent 'slip' and followed her partner right after.

This does rely on Ouro/KK and Muffin/Sam hence why I only have them as Slight Scum Leans and not outright Scum leans, but I'm fairly confident in Ouro and after seeing how Muffin/Sam reacted to Kits/FEP I'm not feeling confident in them either. And I've also said this multiple times but I still don't like how Sophia is so reluctant to share her opinion and thoughts, it's not how I remember her playing Town and it doesn't agree with my gut at all.

I've been at work but poked in here and saw Sawneeks doing a Charlie Day conspiracy gif in our chat.

For the record, I still don't see the Crimson/Sophia scum angle either but she swears she's on to something.

my gut doesn't lie damn it

It'sAConspiracy.jpeg

How did they change so much when you earlier struggled to see them as scum?

After having gone through their interactions with Kits/FEP ( or their lack of interactions in this case ) I found it suspicious that they almost totally ignore Kits' boat on multiple occasions and when they do talk about them it's either with non-committal reads or just complete non-reads in Sam's case. If you want, I can get you quotes and examples but since we're running close to Day End I'd rather do that the next Day Phase. :x

Maybe they weren't contributing in scumchat so when heat came up, they just turned on them. Scum did that in the very first game I played and the town trust it built up they rode until endgame

LOOK, THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT. I GOT NERVOUS.

i am never living that down, huh? ;__;

So, I have a lot of doubts about Ouro but there are so many holes in the story that I am not against the lynch. I'm glad there's no night kill, though. But after today and with discussion of scum-on-scum gambits and since our ploys re: silencing didn't work...

vote: Ty4on

As for questions, I'm sure our play has been messy. Flush had a partner TOTALLY absent and I came in when there was suddenly a big reason to suspect someone. With that, just doing the best we can. If we get lynched because of it, it's just a random townie lynch now, so it could be worse.

Top Bottom