• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little details you appreciate in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (may contain spoilers)

Greetings.I made a thread about little details in Horizon Zero dawn and there is was a thread for Uncharted 4 too. Since The Lost legacy isn't just a DLC for Uncharted 4 but an entire full game and sequel, I thought it deserved its own thread for that matter since it is filled with many details even not available in Uncharted 4.
You can post details that contain spoilers too.
If they are spoiler heavy, put them in spoiler tag.
I like the elephant plushes at the beginning of the gamer they look so real especially on PS4 Pro. In fact all that area is fileld with great amount amount of details.
One of the very fascinating details is this one: A Ridiculous Little Detail In Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Chloe notes each new point she finds on the map in game and this is not just a trivial animation:

pbwqkbijumpvnqwetsng.gif

In fact, if you look closer or use photomode, you can see that she really notes down the locations she found:

That actually seems like one of the weaker details in the game.

You'll see her draw on the map, but she never actually marks the location physically. She could be drawing stuff in the top right, but she's really supposed to be marking stuff at the bottom.

That actually seems like one of the weaker details in the game.

You'll see her draw on the map, but she never actually marks the location physically. She could be drawing stuff in the top right, but she's really supposed to be marking stuff at the bottom.

Yeah, it's still neat I guess, but I assumed this is what was being implied, that she's accurately marking her current location on the map.

Not sure why that article makes such a big deal about this, or why they say the map is being "super-imposed." The map is updated whenever you find something, pretty simple.

I don't have any specific GIFs but there's a ton of subtle facial animations that are amazing. The animations of enemies struggling to balance at the last section were really good too. Also all the different animations when Chloe is hurt. The animation overall is probably the best I've ever seen.

For me, this is probably my most favorite moment in any Uncharted game. It's so unsuspecting, and it happens after you spend some time climbing up to this area.

IT's SO GOOD! Who else could pull this off?

https://youtu.be/lGcFHYPIXe4

The writing is also excellent, that was a great moment.

The whole scene with elephants was great too. I love how Naughty Dogs set pieces put other games to shame, but they also have these really subdued moments that end up being some of the most memorable. Probably need to avoid animals for awhile to keep it from being stale, but that scene and the giraffes in Last of Us are great.

For me, this is probably my most favorite moment in any Uncharted game. It's so unsuspecting, and it happens after you spend some time climbing up to this area.

IT's SO GOOD! Who else could pull this off?

https://youtu.be/lGcFHYPIXe4

Very funny indeed. I like how ND games have so many interactions between characters and feel very alive.

The writing is also excellent, that was a great moment.

The whole scene with elephants was great too. I love how Naughty Dogs set pieces put other games to shame, but they also have these really subdued moments that end up being some of the most memorable. Probably need to avoid animals for awhile to keep it from being stale, but that scene and the giraffes in Last of Us are great.

Chloe giving the fruit to the elephant while riding it really proves how Naighty Dog aren't afraid to sweat to pull such details.

I haven't tried playing on a lower res screen to compare, but using the ASCII art render mode on a 4K TV and close to see the individual characters is pretty cool. Older games may have had this, I don't remember ever messing around with it though.

Top Bottom