• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition Review Thread

Anno

vvC8K2i.jpg

tl;dr The only major change from the PC version - controller support and UI - is very well done! Also the game suffers the same technical issues as on PC - occasional slowdown and long loading times. Apparently though they are more than worth sitting through.

Metacritic PS4: 86
Metacritic XBone: N/R (only 3 reviews)
Open Critic: 85

Playstation Universe - 9/10 said:

Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5 said:

COGneccted - 90/100 said:

Push Square - 9/10 said:

RPG Site - 9/10 said:

Dual Shockers - 8.5/10 said:

ZTGD - 8.5/10 said:

Playstation Lifestyle - 8/10 said:

God is a Geek - 8/10 said:

The Sixth Axis - 8/10 said:

Cubed3 - 7/10 said:

Let me know if I missed any.

Anno

I hope the gamepad controlls come to pc.

Every indication is that they won't. Paradox handled all the development on this port as Obsidian is working on Deadfire and doesn't want to put the dev time into updating the PC version. The way everyone talks about it makes it seem like there's not a lot of love lost between the companies at the moment.

mike6467

Uhm, we've had Steam Controller controls for a very long time and they work very well.

I was delaying playing through this because I can't use a mouse/kb on my couch and my desk is serving an alternate purpose right now. I didn't know they added controller support, that's awesome. I think I'll boot this up tonight (after buying Everybody's Golf, Yakuza and Mario Vs. Rabbids today....)

Irobot82

I was delaying playing through this because I can't use a mouse/kb on my couch and my desk is serving an alternate purpose right now. I didn't know they added controller support, that's awesome. I think I'll boot this up tonight (after buying Everybody's Golf, Yakuza and Mario Vs. Rabbids today....)

To Be Clear, it's Steam Controller support.

Can I ask maybe a silly question, and this comes in light of having just played Divinity on PS4 last week.

With CRPGs being ported more frequently to consoles, how come mouse + keyboard options aren't there for console owners? I mean lots of people have bluetooth kb and mice now, and console have been supporting bluetooth for a long time.

I'm not saying make m +kb for every game cuz obviously it'd give advantage in certain genres (fps of course) but for single-player RPGs?

Irobot82

I mean, you said it works, which implies playable at least...I've got an elite controller with the extra paddles on it, which would give additional mapping options. It may be worth a try at least.

Yeah for the actual Steam Controller, the one with the dual touchpads. I don't know if there are any mapping for an xbox controller.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah for the actual Steam Controller, the one with the dual touchpads. I don't know if there are any mapping for an xbox controller.

Steam lets you remap any controller similar to a Steam Controller.

So you can easily emulate a mouse by remapping an analog stick, etc.

Top Bottom