• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Muffin1611 (2) 3 more votes to majority
flatearthpandas 1272
Sawneeks 1289

kitsunelaine (1)
flatearthpandas 1229 1272
hey_monkey 1278

No active vote for Day 4: isaacnukem, kitsunelaine, Muffin1611, nin1000, oreomunsta, rac

Day 4 Postcount: flatearthpandas 23, hey_monkey 24, isaacnukem 8, kitsunelaine 9, Muffin1611 12, nin1000 2, oreomunsta 2, rac 15, Sawneeks 9

Day 4 ends:
bla_1506193200.png

Automated vote tally here

5 votes for majority

Sawneeks

Banned
Finished up the re-read and I got a couple thoughts.

3. [m] nin1000 - Read the above post for my thoughts on Nin. He's playing to the whim of his thoughts and is acting like he has nothing to lose, something he doesn't do when he's Non-Town or a PR. I think he's Town. I will listen to a case if it's presented as I kinda feel I've just given a Meta pass to Nin but it's going to take a lot to convince me.

4. [m] Muffin1611 - So...I'm going back and forth on Muffin. Again. I would like more input on him from others because I'm starting to go either way. I mentioned as much earlier that he's more 'hanging in the back' and not actively Scum Hunting on Day 2 and that caused him to jump up in activity and start firing back at people and making cases. He kinda went back into a bit of a lull again and on Day 3 he threw out a bunch of posts that do logically think through 'well if CM/Stan/Trigger is telling the truth then...' but also gives little on how he personally feels about those 3 individuals. He goes hard on Stan once he says 'I'm a Darkwraith' but things like his feelings on CM are left up in the air. I also want to note that on Day 1 he changed his vote from Nin to Fireblend over 'monkey's good points about Kits and Kits being on Nin'. To note, he NEVER went back to Kits ever after that despite the read being strong enough to sway him off of Nin. Also found the Monkey post Muffin is talking about ( i think? ) and it's a good page before he changes his vote. If Monkey's post was strong enough to sway you, why didn't you jump off earlier?

I'm also asking for more input/discussion here because I'm having an issue where I generally don't Town Read anything Muffin does EXCEPT for those he attacks for calling him out. His defense posts don't read Scummy to me at all and feel very genuine but I don't know if that alone is enough to give him a pass. A good defense and a bad offense doesn't look to me like someone who is putting themselves on the line to solve a game. Scum/Neutral Lean.

5. [m] isaacnukem - I enjoy Isaac's posts when he does post so I'm feeling pretty good there. A little weirded out how confident he is in the whole 'Stan is Scum, CM is Hypno, Monkey is Town, etc.' train of thought since Stan is just highly likely to be Scum and with a GF in play Monkey shouldn't be given a straight clear. However, I don't know if that's alignment-indicative but what I have seen of him is pretty good so far. Slight Town Lean, would mostly like to see more from him.

7. [f] kitsunelaine - So I mentioned earlier how I didn't have a read on Kits but after having read the game over I do see what everyone is talking about. Barely here, some joke posts, a weird instance where she went straight back to the Nin vote on Day 3 and just stayed out of the whole Stan-CM-Trigger thing entirely. Not a terribly large amount of Scum Hunting but I did like her whole Reads List back on Day 3 even if it was timed oddly. Her vote for Nin on Day 2 also strikes me as odd because the voting justification is just 'he's playing weird and not pro-town' only to not elaborate on it anymore until Day 3 despite posting twice afterwards ( once to fix the vote and the other to strike back at Nin without explaining anything else ). Scum/neutral Lean.

9. [m] oreomunsta - Oh boy, Oreo. I feel weird about him, too. Lots of numbers talk, lots of defending the numbers talk, lots of explaining the numbers talk. Two of his 3 Day End votes have been OMGUS and then he helped killed Stan yesterday so there really isn't a terribly large amount to work off when it comes to him despite posting a good amount. One thing I noted here was Oreo has to be prodded for his actual thoughts on people. He got prodded by Monkey on Day 2 which lead to an 'i'll do it later' response ( he posted shortly after with a list of Kits, Nin, and Muffin with zero explanation ) and then I had to poke him on Day 3 to get his thoughts on CM-Trigger-CornBro and all I got was a 'i'll do it later'. He's also a Scum/Neutral Lean. Not much outside Scum Hunting and when he is prodded for actual thoughts it either gets pushed off or the justification is lacking ( in the case of Day 2 ), nonexistent ( Day 3 ), or is straight copied from someone else ( Muffin vote on Day 2 ).

10. [m] flatearthpandas - I think part of what shocked me a bit was how much I Town Read FEP after reading it all over. I know I never really felt Scummy about him but everything I've seen so far leaves me feeling pretty good about him. Scum Hunting, following up his logic, active, questioning people; haven't seen anythi,ng that would raise any suspicion. My Top Town.

14. [f] hey_monkey - So here's the thing about Monkey, I Town Read her for similar reasons to FEP but she also has this habit of sticking up for Stan. Day 3 was the most prominent of these actions but it even happened on Day 2 just a little bit ( to note Muffin did too ) and I guess the question comes down to: would Scum boldly defend a Teammate so openly? Sure, we don't get flips so it can be argued that there really isn't any 100% connections or verification so that opens up the possibility for a defense. However I....don't know. I've never played with a Scum!Monkey before so I don't know how she acts but everything else I've seen here is how Town!Monkey plays so I'm more willing to believe the latter as opposed to the former. If she is Scum I applaud her for doing an amazing job at copying her Town game because I don't see any difference outside of the Stan defense. I have her as a Slight Town Lean for now, would like to keep an eye on her.

15. [f] sawneeks - like 130% scummy

17. [m] rac - Another thing that shocked me was I actually ended my re-read with a Town Lean on Rac. He doesn't make the biggest posts or do a whole lot of pushing people ( lots of open ended questions tho to no one in particular ) but he's just...it's this feeling I get when reading his posts that just strikes me as someone trying to work things out on their own and figure out the puzzle. Kinda like Nin, I guess, but I don't know Rac well enough to make a super strong call like that. Despite that, nothing I've seen raises any alarm bells to me but I would like to see more. Slight Town Lean.

New List:

Would Lynch: Muffin, Kits, Oreo

Would not Lynch: Nin, Rac, Isaac, Monkey, and FEP.

Sawneeks

Banned
Sorry for being a non entity until now, will be a lot more active tomorrow. Shit is going down here atm. I read the thread and will make some posts about what i think aswell as read lists.
I just wanted to share my love 💘 with sawneeks who pretty much looked right through me and my playsyle.

The Queen.

<3

love you too Nin

Hmm. Sawneeks makes a good point about a possible Muffin neutral. Until that post, with some good analysis on nin and Muffin, felt like you were busyworking a little, Neeks. rac can't shake suspicion of me and I can't shake suspicion of you. Thus does the mafia world turn.

I thought you Town Read me like a couple posts ago? :<

Honestly, I agree on rac. His vote timing raises a small flag but there's nothing else to go with it so I'm thinking town.

I have seen Stan before in games get called scum for Stanning and I thought that's what we had here. He's probably the scum and I accept my L.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also sorry that took so long, had to take my Dog to the vet and kept getting distracted.

I have some thoughts on the Arsonist's targets but I have to leave for a meeting so I'll get my coherent thoughts down later tonight. Sorry. :<

I thought you Town Read me like a couple posts ago? :<
I did. And I do now. Start of day phase though it felt like you were just rehashing and that made me suspicious again. But I like your reads.

Muffin's reads: scummy gut fairy tales because no evidence? Newer player reads? New scum?

rac

Banned
i dunno about the nin read saw

definitely d1 he was definitely shotgunning
but i remember a interaction between monkey and nin where she basically asks whats up and he replies he's more of a reactionary player i think

feels more reserved in later days to me

I don't believe I have enough to contribute to the conversation right now, but I would be good to lynch either Muffin or kits.

I've stated before that my gut read had them as scum, even if I didn't provide a lot to back it up. I was wrong about Verelios, though, so there's that :(

There's a lot of good cases being made for Muffin, but I'm leaning towards a kits lynch. The reason why is actually fep's statement on LB activity. I'm trusting fep, because I've seen him be scum in anime mafia, and this is a different fep.

Sawneeks

Banned
I did. And I do now. Start of day phase though it felt like you were just rehashing and that made me suspicious again. But I like your reads.

Muffin's reads: scummy gut fairy tales because no evidence? Newer player reads? New scum?

I've read this multiple times but are you talking about my read of Muffin or Muffin's reads list he posted?

i dunno about the nin read saw

definitely d1 he was definitely shotgunning
but i remember a interaction between monkey and nin where she basically asks whats up and he replies he's more of a reactionary player i think

feels more reserved in later days to me

He has kinda slowed down the enthusiasm since Day 1, I've noticed that myself too. Still don't really see any alarm bells from him. :x

I don't believe I have enough to contribute to the conversation right now, but I would be good to lynch either Muffin or kits.

I've stated before that my gut read had them as scum, even if I didn't provide a lot to back it up. I was wrong about Verelios, though, so there's that :(

There's a lot of good cases being made for Muffin, but I'm leaning towards a kits lynch. The reason why is actually fep's statement on LB activity. I'm trusting fep, because I've seen him be scum in anime mafia, and this is a different fep.

Are there any other reasons besides that to sway you from a Muffin to a Kits lynch? What happened to your case against Muffin on Day 2?

Sawneeks

Banned
I have some thoughts on the Arsonist's targets but I have to leave for a meeting so I'll get my coherent thoughts down later tonight. Sorry. :<

So

I started typing my thoughts up and looking for evidence and everything and I realized I was making so many logical leaps and assumptions that I lost my original point and just kinda stopped. I can still type it up if somebody wants me to but it really wasn't leading anywhere.

Sorry, meant Muffin's reads. They're not very dense. Lot of feelings. That by itself is NAI; lots of people do that. But I'm wondering how to evaluate that read list in the context of this game and in the context of Muffin himself.

I've read this multiple times but are you talking about my read of Muffin or Muffin's reads list he posted?

He has kinda slowed down the enthusiasm since Day 1, I've noticed that myself too. Still don't really see any alarm bells from him. :x

Are there any other reasons besides that to sway you from a Muffin to a Kits lynch? What happened to your case against Muffin on Day 2?

Mostly going off a mix of what I've been feeling about people throughout the days and looking for others to trust and what they're seeing.

kits came off as weird from the get go, hence me putting her in my reads. It was intuition, though, so I didn't look to back it up with a post analysis. I found Muffin pretty quiet D1, so my suspicions of them didn't start until D2. Funny enough, I think it was your interrogation that made me lean that way. The back and forth I had with him was justified given my blank scum read, but his vote along with that of Verelios dug that suspicion further in.

Sawneeks

Banned
Sorry, meant Muffin's reads. They're not very dense. Lot of feelings. That by itself is NAI; lots of people do that. But I'm wondering how to evaluate that read list in the context of this game and in the context of Muffin himself.

I mean, other than some super nitpicks I don't see much wrong with it? No real positives or negatives, honestly.

How do you feel about Muffin overall, Monkey? I know you briefly gave some thoughts about him but what do you think about him after what I brought up in my reads list?

Mostly going off a mix of what I've been feeling about people throughout the days and looking for others to trust and what they're seeing.

kits came off as weird from the get go, hence me putting her in my reads. It was intuition, though, so I didn't look to back it up with a post analysis. I found Muffin pretty quiet D1, so my suspicions of them didn't start until D2. Funny enough, I think it was your interrogation that made me lean that way. The back and forth I had with him was justified given my blank scum read, but his vote along with that of Verelios dug that suspicion further in.

It was, you followed my read of him and also accused him of being 'misleading on the Neutral' and when he asked for any evidence or any post of his that made you think that way, you never answered him. Can you point to the posts he made that caused you to feel that way?

And what do you mean by their votes? You mean the ones on you? How did Vere jumping on that dig your suspicion further in on Muffin?

Here are the messages that made me wonder about Muffin, Sawn

So, if I understand everyone so far correctly, no lynch would buy more time for town generally, but runs the risk of the neutral igniting on specific days which would bork our info we get. Then again, it might be in the neutrals best interest not to garner that much attention and they would end up in a position where they'd get lynched by scum.

Is that basically it? Because then No Lynch would seem like the best option to me. I'm open to discuss if we should turbo it or use the day more, though.

Although it's always good to clear up questions about the game's meta, the post up above was a tangent to the current conversations happening in the thread. Fep was the only one mentioning the neutral, while there were other discussions happening like monkey and nin's headbutting. Fep did answer Muffin right after, and this was one of his responses:

We also probably won't be 100% aware if neutral gets lynched that they're gone, right? Since they're counted as "anti-town" just like scum. So we'll be pretty much constantly operating under the assumption that neutral is alive.

More neutral talk, so that's no biggie, but this went unanswered, and Muffin dropped the line of questioning. This felt like an attempt at spotlighting the neutral, and edging scum out of the conversation.

I later posted Muffin as one of my scum reads, and his focus promptly switched to me, understandably.

Oh yeah, and to your second point about Vere. I included Vere in my list of scum reads due to a gut feel. Vere didn't do much about it until a few hours until the day was done, and not long after Muffin dropped a vote on me.

From my point of view, it looked like I had two scummies swing the vote to me close to -but safe from calling it - last minute, so that I would be lynched.

Again, though, I was wrong about Vere, it strongly seems :( which makes me more hesitant to suggest a Muffin lynch today

Oh yeah, while looking for the posts from Muffin, I ran across this first post from kits right after Burb was killed

Well shit.

Okay, townies, one thing we have to remember: Scum doesn't have a scumchat this time around. We can't expect them to be as conniving as they usually are.

kits and I briefly responded to each other about it, but saying "It's cool guys, scum can't coordinate well" was a hell of a smoke signal :p

Oh yeah, while looking for the posts from Muffin, I ran across this first post from kits right after Burb was killed

kits and I briefly responded to each other about it, but saying "It's cool guys, scum can't coordinate well" was a hell of a smoke signal :p

Ah yes, a "Smoke signal" akin to self immolation.

So rational here.

nin1000

Banned
Could it not be possible that I was bringing to light what Scum has to deal with in order for Town to help sniff out Scum? Could it not?

I know i am beating a dead horse but since i am the accused i have the urge to respond.
This will also be the last time i will respond to this.

The thing is kits. You have only focused on one single entity while ignoring everything around you.
IF you would have done the same for all the other players aswell as doing read lists it wpuod have diminished the actual damage you did for yourself. The house is burning and you kewp telling yourself its all ok.

I mean i agree that everyone can be scum and we should not count out any player, but what you have done is focus on one player without having any actual evidence.

I hope you learn from your mistakes and become a better player in the future.

nin1000

Banned
Monkey i just wanted to ask you this.
Sorry if my thoughts will come off as strange.

Since we only had a cop to actually confirm townies, does the gf not mess with the results? What i am trying to get at is that while it is good that we got the cop checks we still should be wary about them. We are heading to the end game and i just want to remind everyone that there are possibilities that we have not thought of.

So we've gone from figuring out who to lynch with tendence on Nin (as far as I saw it) to two people voting me and two others seemingly being more interested in a vote on me suddenly in not even 50 posts.

Yeah, don't hold it against me, but in a game with only 9 people left and 3 of those being anti-town this stinks.

To me I've noticed there are two types of Nins: one that plays reserved and then the 'stream of consciousness' Nin. The reserved Nin usually doesn't posts much and if he does, it's usually very clipped and not full of emotion, sort of like he's holding something back. That Nin can be any alignment as Scum Nin plays that way, Town PR Nin plays that way, and I'd assume a solo-Neutral Nin does that too. Whereas the 'Stream of consciousness' Nin usually follows his thoughts, whatever they may be, and posts in multi-post bursts which often contradict one another for no reason. This Nin always comes across as a 'I have nothing to lose therefore nothing to fear' playstyle that screams to me he's an Ordinary Townie and isn't afraid of death and will follow his heart and train of thought wherever it leads him, even if that's to his own death.

I apologize for the heavy-meta read but after playing so many games with him it's what I've noticed. I definitely see where people Scum read him for his playstyle but that's honestly not what I see here.

The problem with this is that Nin has been both. He's been his stream of consciousness self on D1, but the entire rest he has been not really in the forefront.

I didn't really say who I'd want to lynch today, did I?

I'm gonna go with Nin. Out of my Scum leans he seems the most definite to me. Much posting on D1, of which much was fluff with the argument to "get reactions". Seems very try-hard to appear active to me. And then Nin got pressured and almost lynched D1, and suddenly he's not active like that at all the entire rest of the game anymore. Looks like his plan how to play D1 backfired, and he was forced to change up tactics.

I'm also gonna have to think about my reads list more until next day. How people I see more as town (and who coincidentally are controlling most of the discussion and its direction) are jumping on the allegations against me (which are nothing new) suddenly is rather disconcerting. I doubt that town is talking themselves into it just like that.

VOTE: nin1000

Also apologies if I'm only answering or posting stuff for short periods of time this day phase. Me and especially my gf are a bit sick and it's also her birthday today.

nin1000

Banned
Also apologies if I'm only answering or posting stuff for short periods of time this day phase. Me and especially my gf are a bit sick and it's also her birthday today.

Dont worry.
While i dont want to sway you away from your vote which seems actually genuine.

Can you give me your thoughts on the rest of the pack ? Since we are heading towards the end game, i would love to hear your thoughts on the others aswell as how your view of them has changed as the game went on.

Please go into detail with this thought of yours. Work it out and share it.

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I have both monkey and Saw as town leans right now. monkey seems relatively normal regarding this, just interested to hear more arguments for a lynch of me. Saw seems also genuine in her arguments, but with her I'm less sure. This line of argument against me is tracing back to D1 or D2 iirc, so the persistence is irritating me a bit.

The FEP vote came out of nowhere for me tbh. And it was the first vote and kind of kicked the discussion in that direction. It's weird.

Oreo is someone I thought of as maybe the neutral, and now that we're getting arguments for me being possibly the neutral he chimes in. And though he does chime in, he's refraining from making too strong of a statement with his post about being "wrong about Vere, so maybe I'm wrong again" etc. etc. which is in line with my neutral impression.

I mean, other than some super nitpicks I don't see much wrong with it? No real positives or negatives, honestly.

How do you feel about Muffin overall, Monkey? I know you briefly gave some thoughts about him but what do you think about him after what I brought up in my reads list?
I have trouble reading Muffin because I think he's a little inconsistent but today I'm leaning toward frustrated/newer town with a dollop of uncertainty - which is weird, but here's why. In a standard game, I would almost certainly read this back-and-forth and focus on himself as newer town. I did it and I've seen others do it. In a game without scum chat, however, it could easily be a newer scum flailing with nothing to back up into for safety. The nin vote is not a good look, I think. I'll get into that below. I'll address his reads below too, since he quoted me.

More neutral talk, so that's no biggie, but this went unanswered, and Muffin dropped the line of questioning. This felt like an attempt at spotlighting the neutral, and edging scum out of the conversation.
But the thing is, lots of people have talked about the neutral to exclusion of scum. We've had long conversations about it. FFS, FEP specifically said "I'm hunting neutrals today." Why aren't you voting him? Why aren't you pushing there? Not that I think you should - but it makes me question your motivation here. I can understand rehashing this early game stuff because you were asked, but where's your forward motion?

Monkey i just wanted to ask you this.
Sorry if my thoughts will come off as strange.

Since we only had a cop to actually confirm townies, does the gf not mess with the results? What i am trying to get at is that while it is good that we got the cop checks we still should be wary about them. We are heading to the end game and i just want to remind everyone that there are possibilities that we have not thought of.

Uh, it shouldn't come off as strange because I already addressed it myself. With Vere dead, there's 0 reason to trust the green check on me. I'd also be willing to bet that scum does not target me to keep that suspicion in play. It's to their advantage.

So that said: nin, my dude, how are you gonna lecture someone else for not keeping up with everything going on if you're not keeping up with the thread and developments? While I agree that kits clearly isn't moving forward in the game, this isn't the first time that you've missed something; your d3 summary was a mess and it was the biggest thing you completed that day.

Sawneeks has your back for meta reasons but the shift from super aggro to sorta clueless and maybe a little passive aggressive makes me think there's something else going on, but I expect you'll be saved today due to a bunch of shady folks dropping votes on you for less-than-good reasons.

I really should have seen that one coming &#128580;

That would work better if I said something about the act of posting a reads list; it's the content of your reads list that I find questionable. Or rather, the lack of content. I had to pry to get detail out of you. What does "some good posts" mean? What does "posting here and there" mean? "nothing what I saw as wrong seemed like misdirection on purpose" - why, how, when? Your read on nin is the only one with speculation or something other than the most empty phrasing - and then you go there. Are you tunneling? Are you trying to look busy?

Did you think no one would question that you're voting alongside one of the most scumread players in the game, who you yourself say you're reading as scum?

And to clarify: I don't find the emptiness of Muffin's reads list particularly alignment indicative in either direction. I think that in general inorganic reads lists, because someone was asked to do them or felt otherwise like they had to, come out this way from town players all the time. In concert with other things? ehhh, it's worth keeping in mind.

Dont worry.
While i dont want to sway you away from your vote which seems actually genuine.

Funny that you say that, since that vote is still not completely definite. I'm weighing you and oreo. Even though he doesn't look really scummy, as I said above, he could be the neutral in my eyes. But I still tend to think right now that lynching somebody who seems scummy to me instead of a possible neutral is the better option.

Did you think no one would question that you're voting alongside one of the most scumread players in the game, who you yourself say you're reading as scum?

I'm literally scumreading him since D1 between others and he was my second lynching choice D1 and D2. Making this seem like I'm suddenly going on that train is a bit far from the truth.

nin1000

Banned
So that said: nin, my dude, how are you gonna lecture someone else for not keeping up with everything going on if you're not keeping up with the thread and developments? While I agree that kits clearly isn't moving forward in the game, this isn't the first time that you've missed something; your d3 summary was a mess and it was the biggest thing you completed that day.

Why Not? I mean the way of just focusing on one Single player comes off as poor play.
In regards to summaries. I do not agree that it was a mess. But to each his own i guess.
The biggest thing i completed was my vote thought.

Sawneeks has your back for meta reasons but the shift from super aggro to sorta clueless and maybe a little passive aggressive makes me think there's something else going on, but I expect you'll be saved today due to a bunch of shady folks dropping votes on you for less-than-good reasons.

Just to be clear. There is nothing going on besides work taking over. But i will have to deal with it i guess.
Why dont you put a vote on me then? If you are so sure of me being saved ( with more than 1 day away from day end i do Not agree with this statement since the votes could very well shift towards me. Make a change and vote for me.

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I have both monkey and Saw as town leans right now. monkey seems relatively normal regarding this, just interested to hear more arguments for a lynch of me. Saw seems also genuine in her arguments, but with her I'm less sure. This line of argument against me is tracing back to D1 or D2 iirc, so the persistence is irritating me a bit.

The FEP vote came out of nowhere for me tbh. And it was the first vote and kind of kicked the discussion in that direction. It's weird.

Oreo is someone I thought of as maybe the neutral, and now that we're getting arguments for me being possibly the neutral he chimes in. And though he does chime in, he's refraining from making too strong of a statement with his post about being "wrong about Vere, so maybe I'm wrong again" etc. etc. which is in line with my neutral impression.

Sorry, this is just really sticking in my craw. Why vote for nin and then do all of this? Why nin over, say, oreo? I can get not OMGusing on FEP, which would probably seem like a throwaway because I can't see anyone lynching him, and definitely not today. But your oreo argument is not only about the same as your nin argument - a change in tactics - but it seems based on stronger impressions, too. Anti-town is anti-town. So why nin?

nin1000

Banned
Funny that you say that, since that vote is still not completely definite. I'm weighing you and oreo. Even though he doesn't look really scummy, as I said above, he could be the neutral in my eyes. But I still tend to think right now that lynching somebody who seems scummy to me instead of a possible neutral is the better option.

Which is why i wont be putting a vote on you.

For me it is rather like this today.

Oreo, kits and maybe someone else.
Still one day to go

Why Not? I mean the way of just focusing on one Single player comes off as poor play.
In regards to summaries. I do not agree that it was a mess. But to each his own i guess.
The biggest thing i completed was my vote thought.
oh, like I said, I agree with you 100% on kitsunelaine. Her tunneling d3 was something else and to pick it up like nothing else happened is almost a policy vote for me. I dunno that I would change that vote today as things are developing.

Okay, you're right on your vote (but also -.-) though I'm talking about the whole exchange in 1083-1087 or so when you included rac's joke in your recap. I love you, my dude, but that was not your finest observant hour.

Why dont you put a vote on me then? If you are so sure of me being saved ( with more than 1 day away from day end i do Not agree with this statement since the votes could very well shift towards me. Make a change and vote for me.

Nah, I'm voting for kits. I've outlined my small thoughts on the possibility of you and I'll see how it develops. You gonna vote for me? I mean, with me being the godfather and all.

I joke, but it would honestly not surprise me if we lose and find out later that like FEP was the GF and Saw the neutral or some other crazy shit no one considered at all. RIP town.

Sorry, this is just really sticking in my craw. Why vote for nin and then do all of this? Why nin over, say, oreo? I can get not OMGusing on FEP, which would probably seem like a throwaway because I can't see anyone lynching him, and definitely not today. But your oreo argument is not only about the same as your nin argument - a change in tactics - but it seems based on stronger impressions, too. Anti-town is anti-town. So why nin?

Partly because my nin impression is older and thus a more lasting one already, partly because my first bad impression of oreo didn't seem to be shared by almost anybody on D2 and I could have tunneled a bit too much back then, and partly because I don't completely agree with that "anti-town is anti-town". The only thing the neutral can do tonight is burrow, thinning the lines of scum seems to be the higher priority imo.

You all are making me question my judgement here though, alright.

nin1000

Banned
oh, like I said, I agree with you 100% on kitsunelaine. Her tunneling d3 was something else and to pick it up like nothing else happened is almost a policy vote for me. I dunno that I would change that vote today as things are developing.

Ok, got it

Okay, you're right on your vote (but also -.-) though I'm talking about the whole exchange in 1083-1087 or so when you included rac's joke in your recap. I love you, my dude, but that was not your finest observant hour.
[/QUOTE]

You are completely right about it, but at this stage of the game I can't do a thing about it. I can throw in the RL argument in the pot, but that won't change the fact that I played bad that day. Still tried though.

Nah, I'm voting for kits. I've outlined my small thoughts on the possibility of you and I'll see how it develops. You gonna vote for me? I mean, with me being the godfather and all.

Not today since oreo aswell as kits just are ahead. Again I just wanted to keep the possibility open. In the end it's mafia. Even the most township player 'can' be mafia.

I joke, but it would honestly not surprise me if we lose and find out later that like FEP was the GF and Saw the neutral or some other crazy shit no one considered at all. RIP town.

See, that's a line of thought I could get behind. Please keep that though close as we head to the finish line.

I gotta jam out for workschool but we've been talking about neutral v scum targets a little off and on and it occurred to me that when we discussed early about neutrals flying in the middle of the pack, etc., and we speculated on motivations for killing Burb, we gave good paths forward. :/ Scum targets louder players and is thus unlikely to miss by shooting the neutral. Neutral targets middling players who are unlikely to be night killed, thus wasting a burrow.

Is it worth going back to look at who was involved in those conversations? Might have been too obvious.

I'm not saying that you're the neutral, Muffin. Was pointing out how I felt like you were using them as a distraction, which is more scum play than neutral play.

Sorry to hear about you and your gf sick :( Hope you two get better quickly!

Could it not be possible that I was bringing to light what Scum has to deal with in order for Town to help sniff out Scum? Could it not?

But why bring up a scum chat? I know how they work from anime mafia, so I can totally see scum still having one, just with guidelines placed on it by squids. It's a very odd and specific thing to bring up if you were town

But the thing is, lots of people have talked about the neutral to exclusion of scum. We've had long conversations about it. FFS, FEP specifically said "I'm hunting neutrals today." Why aren't you voting him? Why aren't you pushing there? Not that I think you should - but it makes me question your motivation here. I can understand rehashing this early game stuff because you were asked, but where's your forward motion?

Of course it's been brought up several times, monkey, but it's about how the talking point was used by Muffin that made me suspicious.

In the case of fep, I first scum read him on D1 when he advocated for no lynch, until I did the math myself and saw what he was talking about, and that it didn't seem like there was an ulterior motive. So I stopped scum reading him. That's why I didn't push him when he said he was focusing on the neutral

nin1000

Banned
In the case of fep, I first scum read him on D1 when he advocated for no lynch, until I did the math myself and saw what he was talking about, and that it didn't seem like there was an ulterior motive. So I stopped scum reading him. That's why I didn't push him when he said he was focusing on the neutral

What happened the following days?
Just ignored him?
He keeps around and your stance on him won't change?

What happened the following days?
Just ignored him?
He keeps around and your stance on him won't change?

If I'm understanding your question right, no, I won't blindly believe our put faith into anything fep says :/ he's my strongest town lean at this moment, so I trust him more than others in this game, but not infallibly

rac

Banned
not really following feps jump from town reading muffin to voting them but i agree with his list completely

i think i would lynch kits, nin, and even oreo before muffin

but then i was looking back for my lists of people from d1 and d2 that didn't receive any votes and i noticed:

If I would have to name players I feel townie on and don't want to lose today it probably would be monkey and LoC
and me

lo and behold lord gets nkd this day, and i found the post strange when i saw it

i remember this happening in anime as well in the later days where a scum member says this person cannot die and then that person ended up nkd the same night

not really following feps jump from town reading muffin to voting them but i agree with his list completely

i think i would lynch kits, nin, and even oreo before muffin

but then i was looking back for my lists of people from d1 and d2 that didn't receive any votes and i noticed:

lo and behold lord gets nkd this day, and i found the post strange when i saw it

i remember this happening in anime as well in the later days where a scum member says this person cannot die and then that person ended up nkd the same night

giphy.gif

Really? This is what you got? Me phrasing a townie read as "don't want to lose today" and the subsequent death of one of both is something strange? It's not like I was the only one townreading him.

Top Bottom