• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Penguin

Just want to apologize, I explained to YN already but something personal popped up at the end of the first day which is kind of why my attention was everywhere else.

I'll try to be more alert and active during this round.

Which means shall go read!

Swamped

Banned
Meh sounds like some weird shit that I would do and I like his Bronx vote so a-ok in my book. I'm more curious why Splinter felt the need to soft something.

Isn't it expected to come forward if something happened to you at night (dousing, poison, marking, whatever)?

zeemumu

Can you always guess who the murderer is because it's you? XD

tumblr_lpiq5u7rSg1r05o0yo4_250.gif

I'm actually starting to wonder if Ty wasn't onto anything because if he was, killing him seems dumb. It draws attention towards posts that might actually be helpful and ups your odds of getting busted. So it probably was just due to being active at that point. But hey, grain of salt.

I'm not a fan of Bronx's "Oh my god you suck" (OMGUS for the new players) vote on Dusk. But I guess I'll allow it because Dusk was on Bronx's list yesterday. Still, keeping a closer eye on Bronx seems like a good idea.

Dr. Worm

Banned
tbh I'm conflicted here

I liked Dusk Soldier earlier, but I have no idea what to make of that Burb push

fat looks like he's just sheeping Dusk, but I'll admit I'm probably biased against fat because he was scum last game and our first game was as a scumteam together

still, I don't like fat4all

Faddy

Banned
Isn't it expected to come forward if something happened to you at night (dousing, poison, marking, whatever)?

I'm glad of the info. With only one kill it seems like either a townie did something good or something bad is going to happen later.

If I had to bet I would say he is poisoned and is alerting any potential poison doc to help out.

Ourobolus

Banned
There are only a set number of named parasites in the show and we all seem to have specific ones instead of just "parasite." There should be 4 Smiths and Mr. Poopybutthole. If everyone called their names now we could probably get through this with minimal deaths.

5 Smiths, sorry

Yeah, I guess it'd be too easy if all the town had the actual names and the scum had fake names. I mean there's a list and it equals out to about 15 possible town, and if it's the Smiths that's 5 scum plus Poopybutthole, and that accounts for nearly everyone except one who I'm assuming is Evil Morty.

Was doing a re-read of D1 and these zeemumu posts stick out to me a little bit.

We have 22 players. Now again I don't know anything about R&M but this is a lot of back and forth on the town/scum ratio. I don't think 5 scum is too high, but I don't think 4 scum is too low, either. If there are only 15 named parasites in the show, then that's not enough to cover town AND give scum fake names, so there's gotta be something else going on with the town names.

Again, this sort of discussion always gives me pause, because it's ultimately not helpful and really just inflates post counts. If you're town, you keep playing until you win, it doesn't really matter how many scum there are.

Penguin

Just so I don't forget to vote and can change it

Vote: Bronx Man

Still weirded out by the pre-round vote, and then not voting at all for Day 1.

Seems like a solid way to get off people's radar

Swamped

Banned
I'm glad of the info. With only one kill it seems like either a townie did something good or something bad is going to happen later.

If I had to bet I would say he is poisoned and is alerting any potential poison doc to help out.

That's why I'm wondering why Sorian felt the need to call out Splinter's "wronging".

Kalor

Unvote

After seeing Dusks explanation and thinking about it, I don't see his vote as indicative of anything anymore. I'm not sure who to vote for now so I'll just unvote while I figure that out.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

You need to give us more detail on your thought process here. That's twice now that you've asked us all, not even a specific person, for reads, and then you throw an unexplained vote down... It looks like you're trying to coast.

Zeusy

Zeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuusy, i put it to you that zipped was lynched because he was tied with you at one point yesterday with 3 votes and youre scum so your team backed you up and got him lynch. What do you say to this shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade?

Nah not even, I for sure thought I was gonna get turbo'd, don't know what made everyone switch...and while that may look suspicious other players were doing much more sus things *cough* dusk *cough*

Zeusy

Nah not even, I for sure thought I was gonna get turbo'd, don't know what made everyone switch...and while that may look suspicious other players were doing much more sus things *cough* dusk *cough*
I meant Bronx not dusk, my bad 😅

Sorian

Banned

Yes, just come forward with it, not play 20 questions, it's also so vague that he could have just been roleblocked too which is worthless to tell us this early imo.

Sorian

Banned
Ignoring what? Sorian busted up your play unless you want to name some scum that saved him and draw some conclusions there isn't a lot to say is there?

There was no play to bust up, the fundamental question still remained (thoughts on what could have made people swerve away on the vote)

Faddy

Banned
There was no play to bust up, the fundamental question still remained (thoughts on what could have made people swerve away on the vote)

If we are talking about votes I certainly didn't appreciate Ouro's vote on me. It basically pushed me to put my name claim out there, which I didn't want to do.

If we indulge acohrs theory about scum saving their mate zeusy then Fat4All is the prime target for that role. Remember 2 of those Zipped votes are sort of bullshit from me and Lord of Castamere who basically fired onto him for being obstructionist. The situation seemed primed for another train to get going with no one really committed to a lynch target. Fat's play to get a late alternative up was probably the strongest late game move, feinting at Burb who already had a vote on him. I considered switching to Burb but didn't due to self preservation.

It is plausible but unlikely imo.

Only the last five minutes Ever matters day 1, we still have plentiful time to figure out what to do in those five minutes.

Hey Zipped, turns out more than the last 5 minutes matter.

Ourobolus

Banned
If we are talking about votes I certainly didn't appreciate Ouro's vote on me. It basically pushed me to put my name claim out there, which I didn't want to do.
Bullshit. Name claims don't mean a goddamn thing. You were dancing around it for some time at that point.

Faddy

Banned
Bullshit. Name claims don't mean a goddamn thing. You were dancing around it for some time at that point.

Nonsense. Some characters in this kind of mafia are indicative of their role in the game.

An if you felt it didn't mean a goddamn thing why does it appear you voted to put pressure on me to reveal my name.

Sorian

Banned
I have to agree with Ouro that name claims don't mean shit. There is no hard fast rule that parasites people recognize from the show are more or less likely to be PRs. And even if that is the case, scum would have fake names that are also probably important people.

Swamped

Banned
Yes, just come forward with it, not play 20 questions, it's also so vague that he could have just been roleblocked too which is worthless to tell us this early imo.

God I'm dumb

This entire time I was thinking that the name of the action that was taken against Splinter was called "wronging", not that he had been actually wronged lol. So while I though he had been very clear, you are right, he was actually being vague!

Fat4all

Banned
If we indulge acohrs theory about scum saving their mate zeusy then Fat4All is the prime target for that role. Remember 2 of those Zipped votes are sort of bullshit from me and Lord of Castamere who basically fired onto him for being obstructionist. The situation seemed primed for another train to get going with no one really committed to a lynch target. Fat's play to get a late alternative up was probably the strongest late game move, feinting at Burb who already had a vote on him. I considered switching to Burb but didn't due to self preservation.

i was actually considering a Burb lynch before they were originally voted on by acohrs, a bit after I poked at Burb mid day one to try and get them involved and back into the conversation (just for reference, poke was #368, acohrs vote was #426). when they were still silent, i started considering them for the inactive lynch, but wanted to wait to see if anything stuck out to me before the end of the day.

towards the end of the day i had made my proposal for the inactive lynch, but i saw posts/votes aiming as Zipped and wanted to go back and see if there was anything overtly scummy going on with them, something worth changing my mind over. but at the same time it was getting close to the last hour, so i stuck with the inactive vote. im a fan of the 'day one inactive vote' strategy, it can be a bit fickle, but ive caught scum with it before, and if it misses scum it still benefits town, so that's what i went for.

as for the theory of me protecting Zeusy, i have no qualms with lynching them at all, especially now. i was hoping to see some improvement in their posts when it comes to detail or theory or anything like that, but the closest we have come so far is them throwing vague shade at Bronx a couple of posts ago without any real info of what that shade is/was. their post history in general this game has been lazy, and pretty unhelpful.

like i said yesterday of Zeusy, "if this is scum play, then its really really bad scum play", but it is scum play none the less, whether its on purpose or not.

Fat4all

Banned
if *Splinter hasnt said anything about what happened to them yet, then my best guess would be a curse of some kind, maybe sommit where they cant say certain things or they die

Fat4all

Banned
fat4all makes me uneasy
VOTE: fat4all

c'mon, woofer
VOTE: fat4all
I thought you would know better than to speculate on scum agendas, doggo.
fat looks like he's just sheeping Dusk, but I'll admit I'm probably biased against fat because he was scum last game and our first game was as a scumteam together

still, I don't like fat4all

tenor.gif

hounding me like a dog in heat, this one

Fat4all

Banned
If there are only 15 named parasites in the show, then that's not enough to cover town AND give scum fake names, so there's gotta be something else going on with the town names.

iirc while there are named parasites, there's also parasites not named by the show but given names through either the shows production, or by fans of the show

the episode has a lot of parasites, named and unnamed, more than enough to cover town and scum i would imagine

Top Bottom