• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh also, Splinter is likely town. The non-voting power sounds non-town aligned. I know there have been instances in the past where scum use their power on a teammate to check flavor and stuff, but with this particular power, why would they do so when it could really hinder their play (maybe scum votes are less important in the early game, but are still incredibly valuable if they need to save a teammate from lynch).

Anyway, whether this power is real or not will become apparent in the following day phases. For me, Splinter is off the table for today.

I'm inclined to believe that he's at least not-scum, but he was part of the Election scum team that did test out their powers on each other so he's not without precedent.

Penguin

These people had typos in there initial votes, hence the unvotes. But then why not vote back immediately with the correction? What is the reason for your hesitation, has something happened in the game that makes you second guess your initial vote?

Oh well didn't know if could vote in the same post

I still suspect Bronx-Man, but I want to get a better read on people now. Especially those who are casting the net wide at a variety of targets.

Dr. Worm

Banned
most of fat's posts don't seem to state much of anything of substance

it's activity padding. he can't even come up with a lynch idea for D1 beyond targeting an inactive.

really don't know what that would accomplish, AB surely gave the scum team alias names

it'd just be handing scum more free info, they could cherry pick characters who might logically have power roles

consensus is what the vote is for

no strong feelings on anyone yet

the more I think about the utility of the 'no lynch', the more ive come to think of it as something that should only really ever be considered in very specific situations, which is to say, i think its worse than just dumb, but detrimental as well. on day one the odds are at their worst (especially with a lack of leads or player interactions), but the small percentage is still much more optimal than doing nothing at all

i do agree that 'voting just because i cant no lynch' is an awful excuse to vote, though. i feel like at the base level, if someone has nothing else to go on for their vote, there's still a few avenues to consider before reaching that point.

like aiming for less active players to maybe try and get them more involved and rouse up some conversations and whatnot

maybe that, but im also assuming that scum wants to stifle conversation, Ty4on was very talkative day one

inactivity is helpful for scum, less talking means less chances for people to slip up and give away sommit they shouldn't

whoever gets too close to sommit they shouldn't, probs

i doubt its just gonna be people who talk a lot and that's it

it's coasting in plain sight, and no one has the balls to call him on it because making fewer posts is less offensive to y'all than fluffposting

what up Wizard, nice to have ya playin
Good to be playing, too bad I've had a lot going on the past few days including throwing a suprise birthday party and helping host an amateur counter strike tourney. Things are starting to calm down so I hope to be able to catch up on events and provide more informed thoughts.
i. This read list...
ii. combined with this vote count...
This is the most interesting outcome of day 1 I feel, we have Bronx making a list that lines up too well with the vote list which seems like an easy way to appear to be participating without providing any opinions. The no vote isn't too alarming to me, I can see someone forgetting to on day 1 when there isn't a lot to go on. Dusk's vote to avoid a tie the clear vote leader is also pretty suspect. I feel like my day 2 vote should go to one of these two but I can't suss who's less trustworthy here.

Kalor

But why Splinter's vote? To prevent another possible tie based on who he might pick?

I'm not sure. If I had the role, I would target someone who is relatively vocal and maybe wanted to vote for someone on the scum team. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they just picked randomly from the more active players since it was only N1.

Dr. Worm

Banned
You seem to be spreading your net wider now but again i don't like the heavy push onto an inexperienced player for no real reason.

Penguin again isn't contributing much, exactly the same as Arkham. And where is The Wizard. Useless if we replace 1 inactive player with another.

Oh well didn't know if could vote in the same post

I still suspect Bronx-Man, but I want to get a better read on people now. Especially those who are casting the net wide at a variety of targets.

this is an interesting alignment of language from Penguin that sets him up to sheep Faddy perfectly

Dr. Worm

Banned
Nah not even, I for sure thought I was gonna get turbo'd, don't know what made everyone switch...and while that may look suspicious other players were doing much more sus things *cough* dusk *cough*
I meant Bronx not dusk, my bad 😅

acohrs, can you explain your take on Zeusy's response to you? what did you like about it? what were you expecting?

A bandwagon only you are on?
The way I read it is Swamped is looking at Splinter as possibly being a neutral role and Nomadic has somehow got these mixed up and targeted Swamped. I don't like this vote, why "bandwagon" with something you can't even be sure to take the time to get the details of right?

When we sound a beige alert
giphy.gif

Even on a hunch chasing supposed neutrals early on doesn't seem right to me, doesn't their chaotic nature tend to benefit town more than scum?

Penguin

Dr Worm did the same thing in Arkham. Two people used a similar phrase and he immediately linked them.

Hmm Arkham was the only game I've partaken in so far, but I do remember early on folks saying it's a bad habit to use someone's play in a previous game to determine their leanings.

Which makes sense.

Anyhow, I'll try to make a read list tonight!

Top Bottom