• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT| - Ya down with OTG? Yeah, you know me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

4ScBd.gif

Ploid 3.0

We need a new combo video, and people with legit copies should start sharing new tricks they find out. Wish capcom didn't take down stuff it's not like it'll hurt the sells. Stuff like that combo vid is pretty much free advertisement.

Is there anything new found out? Nothing to post about, and if it go to the second page let it. If it stay on first page too much it just get shot over to community, and we don't want that before the game is even out (not sure if it's possible).

Niblet

Here I go again, trying to jump into another fighting game. I'm still a fighting game newbie and the vs games have always seemed hectic. But damn if I dont want to play as Phoenix or She-Hulk.

Is the strategy guide really going to be of use for me? I never buy guides as wikis and FAQs always provide me with what I need no matter the game and I know SRK will be packed with info. The $11ish is an easy price to swallow, but I don't want to buy it if browsing SRK in a month will net me better information. What ya'll think?

TP

All that information and more will make its way to SRK soon after it releases.
But it is nice to have something like that on hand.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Niblet said:
Here I go again, trying to jump into another fighting game. I'm still a fighting game newbie and the vs games have always seemed hectic. But damn if I dont want to play as Phoenix or She-Hulk.

Is the strategy guide really going to be of use for me? I never buy guides as wikis and FAQs always provide me with what I need no matter the game and I know SRK will be packed with info. The $11ish is an easy price to swallow, but I don't want to buy it if browsing SRK in a month will net me better information. What ya'll think?
New stuff is always going to be developed, but having something you can flip through to give you a solid footing is definitely useful even with supplementary information.

vocab

ntropy said:
sorry, i'm not getting hyped. xfactor is bullshit.

The more I see Dante/Deadpool on the same team doing dhc's with xfactor, the more I realize this game will be frustrating for a lot of people. I guess i'll tough it out, and rise above it.

I'm buying the guide just to read character specific stuff you can't find on srk very easily. It's nice to have something like that at hand. I'm interested to see how deep the guide goes though.

Dreavus

ntropy said:
sorry, i'm not getting hyped. xfactor is bullshit.

In what way is it bullshit? I'm genuinely curious. As a comeback mechanic? Or is it because of the basic "HC --> XFC --> HC" stuff we've been seeing a lot?

vocab

Dreavus said:
In what way is it bullshit? I'm genuinely curious. As a comeback mechanic? Or is it because of the basic "HC --> XFC --> HC" stuff we've been seeing a lot?

Probably the latter. Xfactor was originally advertised as "the" comeback mechanic when it was first shown. Seeing something like that used offensively can be a turn off for some. But Seth already said how you use it will be the most important part in any match. So it will be dynamic for a lot of teams. I hope to see more uses develop (the thor one is really good) Though HC > XF > HC is too fucking good, and probably the best use of xfactor. It's worth taking out two assists or the point man as early as possible.

Who knows, maybe xfactor will get nerfed in the future. I mean, look at this shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVNQlZPtGY How is that balanced? I guess his low? health balances it out. You are gonna see many teams designed to shut him down.

Niblet

Has capcom even made a statement as to whether we can expect any sort of balance patches and or added features such as spectator mode?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sentinel is so damn strong in this game it's ridiculous. Super armor on the move that can confirm into launcher is just funny. I was doing it all day to poor folk at work.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Niblet said:
Has capcom even made a statement as to whether we can expect any sort of balance patches and or added features such as spectator mode?
We all know what Capcom thinks about balance...

vocab

Niblet said:

No one knows. I would like to think they would support their game, but in the past they have been not that great. Who knows. New director + console only make this game seems very likely it will be supported much more than SFIV.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Some of you need to revisit MvC2 sometime.

vocab said:
No one knows. I would like to think they would support their game, but in the past they have been not that great. Who knows. New director + console only make this game seems very likely it will be supported much more than SFIV.
SF4 got a console revision, a full upgrade, and an arcade revision to the upgrade, with a few patches thrown in between them.

Dahbomb

LOL @ reviews for fighting game.

Only reviews that matter for this type of game are those from fighting game veterans. And if those people are super hyped for this game then so am I.

MVC3 could get a 0/10 from every review site on the planet, I would still be getting it day 1.

X Factor is GODLY. In a good way. The only patch that this game needs is a major buff to Ryu and Captain America.

vocab said:
Who knows, maybe xfactor will get nerfed in the future. I mean, look at this shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVNQlZPtGY How is that balanced? I guess his low? health balances it out. You are gonna see many teams designed to shut him down.
Are you talking about Dante or X Factor in that video?

If you are talking about Dante, yes he is powerful but he isn't godlike. He isn't the fastest character nor does he have the highest damage around. His health is also normalish. He doesn't have good throws nor does he have unblockable set ups. He has no chip damage game and his long-ranged game is OK at best. He has options, lots of them and most of them geared towards making combos (because that's how he is in DMC3). When he gets you into a combo, it's going to hurt just like getting into a combo against any rushdown character or high damage character.

I just saw those Thor videos and it makes Dante look fine in this game. Most characters I have seen in this game are really powerful and to those not familiar with MVC3 may seem broken but compared to others they are just right.

vocab

Hitokage said:
Some of you need to revisit MvC2 sometime.

SF4 got a console revision, a full upgrade, and an arcade revision to the upgrade, with a few patches thrown in between them.

I know. I'm not a fan of buying a new game for balance though. Us consumers really let Capcom get away with those shennigans in the 90's. Don't get me wrong. SSFIV had a lot more shit, but the balance in vanilla SFIV was never a true focus because of the arcade version.

Arozay

Dahbomb said:
X Factor is GODLY. In a good way. The only patch that this game needs is a major buff to Ryu and Captain America.

Yeah, need Captain America to be used just to hear his theme more.

Dahbomb

Fellow user El_Sloth has provided a great write up for control options/Arcade sticks recommendation for MVC3. I will be adding it in the OT after making some further tweaks in the OT to cut it down in size and character length.

Dreavus

vocab said:
Probably the latter. Xfactor was originally advertised as "the" comeback mechanic when it was first shown. Seeing something like that used offensively can be a turn off for some. But Seth already said how you use it will be the most important part in any match. So it will be dynamic for a lot of teams. I hope to see more uses develop (the thor one is really good) Though HC > XF > HC is too fucking good, and probably the best use of xfactor. It's worth taking out two assists or the point man as early as possible.

You could argue that both players have access to X factor and the other guy just never got a chance to burn his, which made this match look a lot more one-sided than it could've been. Lvl3 XF isn't anything to sneeze at. AFAIK not only does it last longer but you also deal more damage the higher level XF it is. But you still gotta weigh your options of saving it for your last character, or just burning it early for a (hit confirmed) kill for 2 bars. Is the early kill worth it overall? I think the answer is probably situational.

At one point didn't Seth say burning lvl1 X factor for a kill one of the worst things you could do with it? We need some videos of mad lvl3 XF comebacks for the other side of this argument! (Or at least, a different side... I know some people hate comeback mechanics as well. :lol)

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just think we need more time to see how XF use progresses once the game is released. Hopefully more uses are found out.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Yea I saw quite a few lvl 3 comebacks today. More came back to make it a real match before losing. Exciting stuff.

Dahbomb

The guy above me has it right (Dreavus I mean, this thread goes too fast).

That video is really really old, most people didn't know about X Factor that much nor did know how to handle Dante all that well. Using up X Factor like that just isn't worth it. If the other guy was a better player he would've used his X -Factor to waste Dante's LVL3 super and then counter with a combo of his, definitely killing him off. Then it will be a match of a XF lvl3 Dante vs 2 characters, which is fairly even.

I am sure there are many videos out there where one character took out a whole team with lvl3 X Factor.

vocab

This is the only video I can find with a comeback with xfactor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwzr55c0eq0&feature=player_embedded It's not super high level like the Marn vs Kurasa video, but it's just an early example.

Dreavus said:
At one point didn't Seth say burning lvl1 X factor for a kill one of the worst things you could do with it?

I think Seth jumped the gun a bit. Seeing a pointman, and assist go full to dead with lvl 1 xfactor is far from worse, it seems ideal.

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Crazy how much hype there is for this game. I bet a majority won't be playing 2 months from now heh.

Maybe those caught in the whirlwind of hype, maybe. This games longevity is all dependent on how well (or whether I will) progress, I can only take multiple consecutive beatdowns for so long... heh.

But considering how much time I spent playing MvC2 in my arcade days, I won't give up easily. I don't care what anyone says, losing can be detrimental (especially if not one to learn from losses/mistakes) to one's experience. After watching a few videos, I've come to the conclusion -- definitely buying the strategy guide.

Day one teams:

(1)
Dormammu
Hsien-Ko
Wesker

(2)
Dante
Phoenix
Trish or Iron Man

when you see how good the top players are going to be for this game, you're gonna be glad you have that x-factor, if only because you want to be able to a little extra damage before you die.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
akachan ningen said:
when you see how good the top players are going to be for this game, you're gonna be glad you have that x-factor, if only because you want to be able to a little extra damage before you die.
no perfects

you gdlk bastards

LowParry

I can see a lot of newcomers blowing that X Factor right at the beginning of rounds. It has various uses and I can't wait to see them all.

CcrooK said:
I can see a lot of newcomers blowing that X Factor right at the beginning of rounds. It has various uses and I can't wait to see them all.

Yeah, I see a lot of people criticizing early xfactors but if the guy you're playing has his most dangerous character on point, it can totally be worth it to use xf early to finish him off.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wow after seeing some videos I'm starting to like what I see.. its a pity there is no Dudley in this game as he would be part of my roaster every time ;)!

Dahbomb

I had a dream in which I got MVC3 and had a Mahvel party at my house. Invited all my friends and showed them off some insane shit in the game. We all had a blast but most of them played on simple mode. I was going easy until someone called me out and I dished out an X Factor combo that took out an entire character at full health and everyone's jaw just dropped.

Oh man... good times ahead. :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
vocab said:
I think Seth jumped the gun a bit. Seeing a pointman, and assist go full to dead with lvl 1 xfactor is far from worse, it seems ideal.
You need to rewatch your own video. Marn killed Chun with lvl1 x factor but it ran out shortly after the next character was tagged in and Marn didn't have much meter left. The match could have easily turned around but Kurasa just kept getting hit for entirely different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom