• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX (2012) @ E3: Mac Reveal Trailer

gondee

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ssx/714554

This is the first "official" gameplay trailer from E3 that we've seen. So far, I think it's come a long way and is definitely looking pretty sweet at the moment. The music, character style and tricks are all highly reminiscent of SSX 3, which is a good thing.

Screenshots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Seda

Also worth mentioning, looks like EA is revamping the style/tone of the game from the CG trailer (at least a little). Even the logo change shows this.

Was

jzU4g.png

Now

hpE2P.jpg

Lost it's subtitle.

Alright beat me to it, but I can't think of anyone better to make the thread.

I think this is on track to be a great SSX game. Graphics are top notch too.

Vespene

"Realistic" courses are ok, but I wanna see tracks like Aloha Ice Jam thrown in there as well. It's always cooler when the designers can concentrate on creating crazy moments without having to worry about keeping the environment plausibly realistic.

I hope we'll actually see some races sometime soon. I like that they've switched the marketing up and w/e, but it's time for some real gameplay. We've known about this game for 7 months and have yet to see more than one character on screen.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
GT Vespene said:
"Realistic" courses are ok, but I wanna see tracks like Aloha Ice Jam thrown in there as well. It's always cooler when the designers can concentrate on creating crazy moments without having to worry about keeping the environment plausibly realistic.
I believe some concept art pointed to some pretty crazy tracks. It was in one of the previous threads.

DMczaf

I really need to get a job in marketing if it's this easy to change public opinion while not actually changing the game.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
bridegur said:
It's looking good. Hopefully there will be a nice balance of back country and city environments.
It's a snowboarding game. Typically those do not take place in the cities.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
bridegur said:
It's an SSX game. Have you ever played an SSX game?
Yeah, and the "city" tracks were the worst parts of the games.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
disappeared said:
Slowly but surely the internet is designing this game.
To me it looks more like you're just designing the marketing campaign.

Atomski

DMczaf said:
That "shit" is still in the game.

The stuff they showed last year was dark and gritty. Also gave the impression someone was after you and junk. It also had a dude bro dumb name.

Now it looks much more bright and colorful and closer to the original SSX titles. I think they changed their mind about some of that "shit".

DMczaf

Atomski said:
The stuff they showed last year was dark and gritty. Also gave the impression someone was after you and junk. It also had a dude bro dumb name.

Now it looks much more bright and colorful and closer to the original SSX titles. I think they changed their mind about some of that "shit".

That's called marketing.

The dark and gritty deadly weather is still in the game.

cuyahoga said:
Yeah, and the "city" tracks were the worst parts of the games.

HAHA OH WOW

I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried!

that said, that trailer is downright SEXY. Love the way the flips/spins are looking.

Also, I pray that eddie will be present in some way, shape, or form.

DMczaf said:
That's called marketing.

Reveal trailers = "Here's a quick 20-30 second look at what our general direction is."

Deadly Descent reveal was a mistake.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DMczaf said:
That's called marketing.

It is, but it looks to be just a mode. You can tell that EA actually made changes when the subtitle (Deadly Descents) become a name for a mode.

Top Bottom