• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Slamtastic said:
Kids, or even people in general, may demonstrate jealousy when someone else gets something they want.

But I suppose I just have a different picture of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, and don't see how they have less desire than Applebloom to get their marks or are any more willing to wait, considering they keep trying things "to get our cutie marks", direct quote from many of Scootaloo's lines.
Sounds like your fanon is breaking apart from the canon.

Slamtastic said:
But I suppose I just have a different picture of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, and don't see how they have less desire than Applebloom to get their marks or are any more willing to wait, considering they keep trying things "to get our cutie marks", direct quote from many of Scootaloo's lines.
I don't see Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo as less intent on getting their marks either. This might be overly meta thought, but for the episode to work, a crusader had to be burnt out. Apple Bloom knows Zecora, so it's easy to choose her and work from there. In other appearances she hasn't seemed more fixated on getting her cutie mark than the other two CMC. To top it off, she wasn't worried about her mark at all in her last appearance, which was a more natural look at Apple Bloom, outside of the CMC construct.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Like I said they want their cutie marks, but they both seem more aware that they will eventually get their cutie marks. They seem to be enjoying the ride more than Applebloom is.

Bakphoon

DrForester said:
Like I said they want their cutie marks, but they both seem more aware that they will eventually get their cutie marks. They seem to be enjoying the ride more than Applebloom is.

Because Apple Bloom was (is) the one who was bullied because of the lack of a cutie mark.

Cheerilee

Bakphoon said:
Because Apple Bloom was (is) the one who was bullied because of the lack of a cutie mark.
In the first CMC episode, Apple Bloom was the one being bullied and really wanted her cutie mark. Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo stood up for her and said "What's wrong with being a blank flank? We're blank flanks too... blah blah potential."

At the end of the episode, Apple Bloom asked "We're friends now, right?" Uhh, yeah, obviously. "So let's help each other get our cutie marks." Sweetie Bell suggested that they could become a secret society, after which Scootaloo said she was liking the idea.

Apple Bloom didn't really learn anything from the episode, and formed the CMC for the wrong reasons. Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo apparently went along with her because they want to play, and they could make a game out of it. I'm sure they want their cutie marks, but not the way Apple Bloom does.

Scootaloo seems to have emerged as a dominant force in the CMC because she's a Pegasus and she plays the most aggressively. Also, it should be noted that Scootaloo has an unequal (among the CMC) desire to have a relationship with Rainbow Dash (apparently since Scootaloo doesn't have an older sibling). I'm not sure if Sweetie Bell has a strong desire.

I think another factor in Apple Bloom's cutie mark desire might be that the many members of her Apple family all have apple-themed cutie marks.

Edit: Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo's initial reaction to Apple Bloom's CMC plan.
b5TKl.jpg

Amibguous Cad said:
OmyW6.png

Episode rankings:

1.) Return of Harmony Part 2
2.) Lesson Zero
3.) Luna Eclipsed
4.) Return of Harmony Part 1
5.) Cutie Pox
6.) Sisterhooves Social

And that is why My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is awesome.

Well, she won't be keeping the owl because the show already has an owl. Opalescence would destroy that rodent-looking thing, so it's between the bald eagle and the falcon.

Those are some pretty boss pets.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sweet, after two episodes of no Pegasi (not counting a cameo) we get plenty of Rainbow and Fluttershy.
Gummy on Pinkie's head reminds me of the brain slugs from Futurama.

McNum said:
Hasbro, you listening? You make a Fluttershy bobblehead, and I'll buy one. Especially if it goes "Yay." when poked.
I'd have the speech battery dead in like an hour, but it would be an enjoyable hour

McNum

Nocturnowl said:
I'd have the speech battery dead in like an hour, but it would be an enjoyable hour
*poke* *boing* "Yay."
*poke* *boing* "Yay."
*poke* *boing* "Yay."

I'd probably keep it on my desk for when something good happens. Instant Flutteryay.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
From that picture, i think it's safe to say RD won't have a bat, Owl, Eagle or Hawk/Falcon as her pet.

My money is on turtle.

brian577

Banned
DrForester said:
From that picture, i think it's safe to say RD won't have a bat, Owl, Eagle or Hawk/Falcon as her pet.

My money is on turtle.

That would be pandering to the fanbase
36137%20-%20artist%3Amadmax%20rainbow_dash%20speedy%20turtle.png

My money is on her realizing a pet is far too much responsibility for her and some ponies just aren't cut out to own pets.

Lucario

Aw, if her pet isn't a turtle my rainbow dash toy will be inaccurate!

... *stares at accessories, pink scooter, and tiara-thing*

....... carry on. I like the Eagle.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TouchMyBox said:
Well, she won't be keeping the owl because the show already has an owl. Opalescence would destroy that rodent-looking thing, so it's between the bald eagle and the falcon.

Those are some pretty boss pets.
except neither will win and we'll get a switch to some non-super awesome [but adorbs] pet that has been showing affection to dash all episode and being ignored in favour of more super-awesome speed based pets.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
brian577 said:
Episode 7 Screencap
Sweetie Belle episode followed by Applebloom episode followed by Rainbow Dash episode.

The only way this run could be worse is if the next episode is Scotaloo-centric.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
Sweetie Belle episode followed by Applebloom episode followed by Rainbow Dash episode.

The only way this run could be worse is if the next episode is Scotaloo-centric.

Pretty much.

Though, the episode after that
is also Dash centric, so there's that

T'would suck if Episode 11 isn't a Pinkie or Fluttershy episode, or feature all of the Mane 6 equally.

My mind literally can't comprehend someone who isn't excited by a Rainbow Dash episode. Tell me, how many Rainbooms has Fluttershy made? That's what I thought.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
No pony should have a focus, I want more pairings as seen aplenty in Season 1. At most, season 2 has had only Twilight and Luna and I guess Rarity and Applejack in the Sisterhoof Social. Lets get some odd pairings like an Applejack and Fluttershy episode.

Wasn't the last Dash-centric episode the Cutie Mark Chronicles?

And before that Sonic Rainboom?

Why are people hating?

DrForester said:
Scoot really needs to get an episode with her as a focus. The other CMC has gotten an episode or two.

I'd be okay with this so long as Pinkie Pie gets at least 10 episodes this season.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh wow.

Episode 11. Hearth Warming's Eve

"The six friends are in a play about the founding of Equestria for the Hearth's Warming Eve's holiday pageant."

Oh wow.

Episode 11. Hearth Warming's Eve

"The six friends are in a play about the founding of Equestria for the Hearth's Warming Eve's holiday pageant."

Sounds extremely rad.

And guys, don't watch strawberry shortcake, it's not worth it.

I once watched most of an episode even though there was no new MLP afterwards

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Pokemon card game still exists? Man, these commercials tell me so much.

Head of a rabbit, body of an alligator, wings of an owl. The ultimate creature!

Top Bottom